Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Board Support (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ChocoJournal IS BACK! :) (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2180)

bobo Mar 17, 2006 07:04 PM

ChocoJournal IS BACK! :)

ChocoJournal is back and ready for use!

vBulletin 3.5 had A LOT of changed code from the 3.0 series and required a lot of ChocoJournal to be rewritten so it's compatible with our new board. I have not fully tested ChocoJournal yet but most of it should be functional. The latest backup I had was the 2.84 Beta verison which isn't really that old. There may be a feature or two missing from earlier.

Activate your journal in your User Options panel and start entry-ing away!

Some areas need a little bit of work such as the ChocoDiscover function and ChocoPost (did anyone actually use it?). Also, as I lost all the code with the graphic pie chart, those features will be missing from ChocoJournal as well until I put everything together again.

If you find any bugs or have any feature ideas, use the bug/feature thread in board support! Enjoy! :) :)

PS: I will try working on an importer that will import all of your old journal entries from the GFF backup. This will not affect your current entries and more info will be posted as I work on it.

Gechmir Mar 17, 2006 07:08 PM

Legendary post~

Fantastic =D Feels more like home :3 Nice job, Bobo

Aardark Mar 17, 2006 07:14 PM

I'd like a link to the latest entry to show up in the person's profile.

Lady Miyomi Mar 17, 2006 07:26 PM

Thank you much! The only problem I've encountered so far is the journal picture banner. I can't upload anything. :(

map car man words telling me to do things Mar 17, 2006 07:33 PM

Thank you for finally bringing them back, I've really missed them.

If I may, I really wish we could get rid of the "Last Commented Journals" list as it always shifts the attention to one or two journals and it's almost always the same ones. A list of ten random journals (that have had a new entry in the last 48 hours of something) would be far more interesting, useful and provide some much needed variety to the front Journal page.

I don't even mind props, as even though they get abused at times, they can still be seen (in most cases) as an indicator (of sorts) for the respect a journal enjoys.

bobo Mar 17, 2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Miyomi
Thank you much! The only problem I've encountered so far is the journal picture banner. I can't upload anything. :(

This has been fixed!

Rydia Mar 17, 2006 07:36 PM

Excellent.

Although I probably won't use mine as much as before, it's nice to have it back.

Infernal Monkey Mar 17, 2006 07:44 PM

Awesome! Thanks Chocobobo! =D

Sir VG Mar 17, 2006 07:50 PM

The time listings are off. I'm guessing it's not changing the time based upon the user's time zone settings.

It's not March 18th about 1AM here.

peeack Mar 17, 2006 07:58 PM

Just a quick note Mr. Bobo, the 'you have been banned from a journal' message is throwing up an error.

Quote:

Could not find phrase 'xjournalbanned'.
Might want to fix that!

loool first journal ban

Double Post:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwarky
Thank you for finally bringing them back, I've really missed them.

If I may, I really wish we could get rid of the "Last Commented Journals" list as it always shifts the attention to one or two journals and it's almost always the same ones. A list of ten random journals (that have had a new entry in the last 48 hours of something) would be far more interesting, useful and provide some much needed variety to the front Journal page.

I don't even mind props, as even though they get abused at times, they can still be seen (in most cases) as an indicator (of sorts) for the respect a journal enjoys.

p.s. I hope Bobo doesn't miss this post. So I'm quoting it to draw extra attention to it. Mostly because I agree :]

Bigblah Mar 17, 2006 08:05 PM

I like using the Last Commented Journals list to keep up with fast moving comment threads, though. Maybe move it to a separate page?

map car man words telling me to do things Mar 17, 2006 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigblah
I like using the Last Commented Journals list to keep up with fast moving comment threads, though. Maybe move it to a separate page?

It's not that I completely want it gone (I love lists of all kinds), but I'm more in favor of variety. Putting it on a separate page or a making a whole page of journal stats and listings would be nice too.

I just noticed the avatar next to a comment no longer links to the member's profile. Now both the avatar and the member name link to the journal =/

nazpyro Mar 17, 2006 08:25 PM

Maybe I'll start using it. I could copy/paste entries to my regular blog onto it or something, maybe later write a script to do it autmoatically. We'll see. I'll do one now though.

Stealth Mar 19, 2006 06:11 PM

We need the option to invert journal comments back again. :(

Neogin Mar 19, 2006 09:59 PM

Thank you, bobo. I'll have a blast using it, heh.

B4-Hunter Mar 20, 2006 04:24 AM

Thanks!! I'm already using it =D I missed him so much =(