Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Media Centre (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [Movie] The Avengers (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43768)

TheReverend May 7, 2012 09:25 AM

The Avengers

Thoughts on the movie?

I really enjoyed this one. It had it's campy moments, but the reason I didnt mind the "drivel" cliche hollywood moments is because I felt like this movie didnt take itself seriously. I have to say Joss Whedon made magic with this one. The script was good and great at times! The plot wasn't too convoluted and the cast was great. Some great one-liners too, "Better clench up Legolas" was my favorite.

Sousuke May 7, 2012 09:55 AM

Going into it, I'd heard there were a few 'painful' parts, in terms of characters and development and such, but I thought it was brilliant. So many great lines.

hikarub May 7, 2012 01:16 PM

The movie was thoroughly enjoyable IMO. I just loved it! The banter between the cast was pretty cool, and hilarious at times. I heard Cap was supposed to be the main focus for this story (ie. we were supposed to see it through his viewpoint) but it never really felt that way to me. Or maybe I read that wrong somewhere...

Any views on the waitress Ruth near the end of the story?
Spoiler:
It seems that when she was being helped from the building, she sees Captain America without his mask and looks like she recognizes him or something. Could she be related to Peggy Carter from the Captain America movie? I know Peggy has a niece in Marvel continuity named Sharon Carter who is an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., so could this Ruth be Peggy's grandaughter or something? That scene stood out too much for it not to mean anything I think....

The banter was magic:

THOR: .....and he is my brother.
Black Widow: He killed 80 people in the last 2 days.
THOR: .....he's adopted?

Tony Stark: There's somebody totally playing Galaga over there. He thinks we wouldn't notice. But we did.

Pepper (when Agent Coulson arrives at Stark Tower): Phil!
Tony: Uh, his first name is "Agent".

LOL!!

Tails May 12, 2012 05:10 PM

Finally got a chance to see this and holy fuck does it rule. Aside from general comments about its greatness, I'm especially glad we got a solid film to remind us how awesome The Hulk is. All the other Marvel heroes have has pretty good runs (the last Spiderman film not included) but if you ask about the Hulk films there's a pretty big divide.

Fuck that, Hulk rules. The secret is always being angry hell yeah

Single Elbow May 15, 2012 08:45 PM

The very end of the movie is amazing. That got me hungry.

hikarub May 21, 2012 12:13 PM

Ha! Wish this lady was in this movie!

http://img208.imagevenue.com/loc77/t...0_122_77lo.jpg

But seriously, awesome cosplay! :naughty:

Boo-kun May 23, 2012 06:42 AM

Having been a Hulk fan forever, this movie had me laughing in tears. Well done there.

Puny gods aint no thang.

Shorty Jun 24, 2012 09:29 AM

A little much on the CGI in a lot of cases, but at least the scriPt was well done.

Loki was actually hilarious.

hikarub Oct 3, 2012 11:37 AM

Just saw this trailer, poking fun at the movie and its plot holes...

YouTube Video

lol!! ;)

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE Oct 4, 2012 09:02 AM

Robert Downey Jr. is unbearable.

Misogynyst Gynecologist Oct 4, 2012 10:43 AM

I'm not big on Joss Whedon or his overly-stylized form of writing - but Avengers was a damn good time. The whole thing made me smile like an idiot comic fan. It was exactly the kind of movie I'd want back when I was ten years old.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Oct 8, 2012 04:57 PM

I watched this the other day and actually I really enjoyed it. It's very silly and there are a lot of plot holes but as a dumb action film, it's great.

niki Oct 9, 2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluffykitten McSnugglepuss (Post 805737)
It's very silly and there are a lot of plot holes but as a dumb action film, it's great.

^this

I also watched it at the drive-in, which made it extra ridiculoucious <3

I even bought a pseudo vintage Thor shirt thereafter, which is more fanboyism than I've displayed for any movie in years ...