Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Help Desk (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   LAN Problems (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=662)

grodiens Mar 3, 2006 09:03 PM

LAN Problems

At my building we have a LAN Network.
when I switch on my computer I have theoretically immediately the Internet connection, but somethimes, when I switch on my computer, I don´t have any LAN connection. Sometimes I muss restart my computer 4 or 5 times to get a LAN connection, anyone knows if it is normal or what for a problem is that?

Thanks for any help.

BR

Moon Mar 3, 2006 09:45 PM

Is it a wireless or a wired LAN network? Also, does it require log-on information and/or soecial software to log into the network?

Snowknight Mar 3, 2006 09:50 PM

That could be caused by a lot of things: bad cables, bad network cards or other interfaces. It could also have something to do with your network card's driver or somesuch: try uninstalling the device in Device Manager (Start->Run->devmgmt.msc->Network adapters->right click the adapter in question and choose "Uninstall) and rebooting.

grodiens Mar 3, 2006 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moon
Is it a wireless or a wired LAN network? Also, does it require log-on information and/or soecial software to log into the network?

it is a wired Lan and don´t require log-on information or software to log.

Thanks for the help.

Snowknight Mar 3, 2006 10:28 PM

So... does it work, then?
Maybe you should try restarting a few times after trying a specific solution to see if you can replicate the issue.

grodiens Mar 3, 2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowknight
So... does it work, then?
Maybe you should try restarting a few times after trying a specific solution to see if you can replicate the issue.

unfortunately not. I tried it but i had the same problem...
but thanks a lot for your help Snowknight.

Moon Mar 3, 2006 10:36 PM

Did the connection used to work in the same building? Or has it never worked?

By this, I mean has it ever consisently worked.

nazpyro Mar 3, 2006 11:08 PM

Can you try connecting other computers into that same port and seeing if you get the same problems, preferably a computer that doesn't have the described connection issues? Also try a different cable. Just some suggestions to help narrow down problematic causes.

grodiens Mar 4, 2006 09:47 AM

I´m sure that the cable is ok, unfortunable I don´t have the possibility to try with another pc. I think that the problem is with my pc. If I switch on my pc without the cable, sometime I have the LAN connection (with a red cross on the connection) but of course I can´t use the internet, but sometimes without the cable I don´t have any connection.

Thank you all for the help,

best regards

Double Post:
somebody finds that it could be a virus or similarly ?