Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [360] Trials Evolution: because you hate yourself (in a fun way) (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43676)

OmagnusPrime Apr 23, 2012 04:54 AM

Trials Evolution: because you hate yourself (in a fun way)

So a bunch of people have likely been messing around with Trials Evolution which launched on XBLA last week and I'm thinking we need to get some multiplayer sessions going.

Who's picked up the game so far and who would be down for some MP action, possibly this weekend at the latest (I will be on the week in the evenings but times don't always align)?

Zip Apr 25, 2012 09:59 AM

This game might be the greatest Downloadable game released yet. Nevermind the game itself, just the editor is worth the price. Might be the best one evver done for a game. And this is far from a full price game. Major shoutouts to the developers.

map car man words telling me to do things Apr 25, 2012 12:13 PM

I was in tears of laughter when I saw the skiing. Fantastic sequel.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Apr 25, 2012 05:50 PM

The skiing is fucking awful though.

Like legitimately terrible.

OmagnusPrime Apr 26, 2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 797547)
Nevermind the game itself, just the editor is worth the price.

They editor is amazingly powerful, especially from a downloadable title. I'd say the editor is very close to verging on LittleBigPlanet levels of control, which is nuts. Can't wait to see what starts coming out of the community.

Don't know if anyone watching RoosterTeeth's videos but they have a weekly vid that they do called HORSE where two of the RT team challenge each other to be the first to win 5 user-created level challenges. Previously this has been in Halo but they've just started doing Trials Evo ones too, so a good way to see some whacky and cool levels (like an impressive Portal 2 inspired track). Worth checking out.

SailorDaravon May 1, 2012 04:36 PM

Finally hit my current skill ceiling; I can get Gold or Platinum on everything but the Extreme tracks. I can Gold one or two of those, and a have a couple Silvers, and everything else is Bronze. Dark City finally broke me, it requires 35 or less faults, and I can't clear it in under something like 275. That one fucking jump it has is easily the hardest in the game, and the only jump in Trials HD or Evolution that I just literally don't understand. The super hard parts of HD or Evolution I would usually at least understand what the game wanted of me even when it was fucking insane, but this one jump I just still don't understand. I tried skipping that course but even on the other ones after it I'm still coming in at 100+ faults more than I can have for Silver.

I'll probably still play it some because I hate myself, but fuck. Still probably the best game so far this year though.

SailorDaravon May 2, 2012 03:41 PM

I GOT SILVER ON ALL ON THE EXTREME TRACKS FUCK YOU TRIALS

Philia May 2, 2012 04:04 PM

And then he's trying Platinum for Easy. WHEN DOES IT END. :mad:

SailorDaravon May 2, 2012 04:39 PM

Yeah, so ironically the first track is one of the hardest in the game to get a Platinum on. I got all Platinums on all of the Beginner tracks except that one, and all of the Easy ones except for one pretty easily. I've actually probably spent more time trying to get this first Platinum then all of my Extreme Silver runs combined, which is retarded.

OmagnusPrime May 2, 2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 797843)
I GOT SILVER ON ALL ON THE EXTREME TRACKS FUCK YOU TRIALS

Damn son, nice work. Now to get them Golds. :p

SailorDaravon May 2, 2012 05:12 PM

Yeah fuck that. I am completely unable to get this Platinum so I'm pretty much done.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor May 2, 2012 10:14 PM

You can do it nigga.

I HAVE FAITH

SailorDaravon May 3, 2012 04:22 PM

You're just saying that because you want me to continue to suffer.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor May 3, 2012 05:13 PM

Am I that transparent?

SailorDaravon May 3, 2012 06:09 PM

Sometimes.

Zip May 16, 2012 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 797792)
Finally hit my current skill ceiling; I can get Gold or Platinum on everything but the Extreme tracks. I can Gold one or two of those, and a have a couple Silvers, and everything else is Bronze. Dark City finally broke me, it requires 35 or less faults, and I can't clear it in under something like 275. That one fucking jump it has is easily the hardest in the game, and the only jump in Trials HD or Evolution that I just literally don't understand. The super hard parts of HD or Evolution I would usually at least understand what the game wanted of me even when it was fucking insane, but this one jump I just still don't understand. I tried skipping that course but even on the other ones after it I'm still coming in at 100+ faults more than I can have for Silver.

I'll probably still play it some because I hate myself, but fuck. Still probably the best game so far this year though.

do you mean the billboard or the vertical jump after that? cuz that vertical jump after raped me so hard i was bleeding for days, hate that map with all my passion.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor May 16, 2012 07:33 AM

My solution to the billboard was to throw my face at it until I just sort of rolled over it and tripped the next checkpoint.

My frustration arose from the vent/fence combo at the very end of the stage, like one or two more checkpoints later.

SailorDaravon May 16, 2012 11:23 AM

Yeah, I initially got stuck at the billboard itself, but since my post above there I figured out how to land it. I agree that the part right after it is surprinsgly difficult as well though in a much more deceptive way. I still think it's nowhere near as fucked as the billboard jump though. I have all Gold/Platinums on everything up to Extreme (I think?) and Silver or better on all the Extreme tracks and IMO the billboard jump is still the single hardest thing in that game. I'd still probably consider The Wreck to be the hardest track overall though.

Zip May 16, 2012 02:45 PM

Interesting, i might have just been lucky but I just back up from the checkpoint and accelerate and kind of just jump over the whole difficult part. The jump after i still haven't figured out though.