Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [Question] Club Nintendo Rewards? (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42525)

Paco May 17, 2011 03:24 AM

Club Nintendo Rewards?

Does anyone know about how the Club Nintendo Rewards work? I've been registering the consoles and games I buy for myself and for the school and I've racked up about 700 Coins so far. I kind of wanna get some of the neat shit they have in the rewards store but I don't know if purchasing something means that your coins are deducted and you're no longer considered a "Platinum" member or what.

I'm guessing a few of you are pretty familiar with this. My sister's collected two platinum rewards from them in the past 2 years (a plush Mario hat and a statue with a few characters from the Mario franchise which she gave me as a Christmas gift for my office) but I don't know how she went about collecting them. She says they just sent them to her but doesn't really know much of the details herself.

Freelance May 17, 2011 05:43 AM

Oops I misread your question. Sorry about that.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor May 17, 2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Encephalon (Post 783180)
I don't know if purchasing something means that your coins are deducted and you're no longer considered a "Platinum" member or what.

There are two "sets" of coins. Yearly ranking coins that determine if you're Gold/Platinum, and the ones you can spend on goodies.

The first is determined by how many you earn in one calendar year, July 1st to June 30th. This has nothing to do with your current balance. Earn 600 in a year and you'll qualify for the free Platinum reward (Or earn 300 for Gold), which is sent out in the fall/early winter, usually.

You can spend your current balance on anything you want on the reward list, and the amount you've earned in a year won't decrease. So if you earn 700 in a year, spend 500 on whatever, have a remaining balance of 200, you'll still qualify for platinum. But the next year you'd need to get 600 new ones AFTER July 1st to qualify for Platinum again. If you got only 500 or something, you'd be Gold for that year but still have 700 total provided you didn't buy anything else.

Coins for buying shit expires two full calendar years after the end of the current year in which you register them. (So coins registered today would last to July 2013)

Paco May 17, 2011 12:13 PM

Answered LIKE A BOSS. Thanks, buddy. :D

(You can close this now if you want.)

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor May 17, 2011 02:23 PM

No problem, hope that helps and everything.

And I'll leave it open in case anyone wants to discuss the Club Nintendo rewards themselves, or how to min-max coins per year, or any changes in policy (there seems to be a change in the last few months as to how long you can hold on to surveys before completing them, and carrying the credit over into new calendar years)

Paco May 17, 2011 10:31 PM

Yeah, that helped immensely. I just ordered that messenger bag so that I can have something to lug my computer around so that I don't need to mob around with a backpack full of junk.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor May 21, 2011 02:04 PM

If anyone is interested, the Intend to Buy quiz for OoT 3D is up now. 10 bonus coins if you're at all interested.

Those reversible pouches are still out of stock :(

dagget May 24, 2011 07:48 PM

I didn't have 800 points to get those real expensive Mario cards (or either of the two Game and Watch DS games :( ) but I had enough to get that Starman Messenger Tote bag~ It looks pretty cool.

Hopefully the next set of rewards are something pretty decent too. I missed out on the Mario hat from last time, so I ended up with a Nintendo 2010 Calendar.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor May 25, 2011 04:32 PM

Japan gets a purchasable (with coins) Donkey Kong Country Returns soundtrack.

How much you wanna bet our platinum reward is toilet paper used by Reggie after a particularly nasty Chipotle run?

Infernal Monkey May 26, 2011 03:35 AM

Australia's Club Nintendo got updated today with a giant AR Card. Close to $200 worth of Star Points for a folded sheet of cardboard.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/up/ne...oausarcard.png

Don't be jealous!

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor May 29, 2011 02:35 AM

Still better than coloured DS straps. I would love to see life sized Acer AR photos.

Chaotic May 29, 2011 03:27 AM

I had points expiring soon and there really wasn't much for me to get for about 320 coins...

Ended up buying the DS case, despite the fact I don't really need it. It seemed like a better idea than the tote bag for some reason.

Infernal Monkey May 29, 2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Am I Allowed to Have Money (Post 783679)
Still better than coloured DS straps. I would love to see life sized Acer AR photos.

WILL LIFE SIZED INFERNAL DO FOR NOW?

http://i.3dporch.com/plDA.wiggle.gif

No. :(

Paco Jul 1, 2011 10:59 AM

For those interested, they announced the Platinum and Gold rewards today. They're kinda lame considering how awesome the shit they've shipped out in the past has been.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Am I Allowed to CABLE INSTINCTS (Post 783390)
Those reversible pouches are still out of stock :(

They are back in stock as of last week. I just ordered a red one for myself and a blue one for my girlfriend.

FatsDomino Jul 1, 2011 11:02 AM

Ah well I guess I'm glad I'm only Gold this year then. I shall get a calendar instead. With pride!

But seriously you could get those pins made up for you on etsy for 5 bucks.

Paco Jul 1, 2011 11:13 AM

We have a pin press at school and I've already made some 8-bit Mario pins. Not 25 of them, mind you, but still... So, like I said, kinda lame. The one thing I've really wanted from the rewards program in the past few years has been that padded foam Mario cap. My sister has it and it's fucking AWESOME! I used to have a picture of her wearing it but I can't seem to find it.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Jul 1, 2011 11:31 AM

It's very similar to the reward Japan got last year, only they also had the choice of a Mario themed handkerchief set or a pin set like this. Just slightly different designs.

That said, I don't mind this one bit. I think with the way you can display it with the different sprites there is kinda cool. I think I'd have preferred a Zelda themed item this year because of the 25th anniversary, but 'eh, these aren't so bad.

I registered my outstanding surveys and codes and got to 510 immediately. My original plan would have gotten me to 600 but the whole register zelda early for the music thing got me, and I never did end up getting post play surveys for my downloaded 3DSware and VCH titles