Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Pang's Violence Basement (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   [DnD] GW URBX: 20! EVERYONE IS EXPLODE (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44593)

Little Brenty Brent Brent Apr 7, 2013 09:22 PM

The north/south thing screwed me up already; when I skimmed through Shin's post the first time I thought he (for some reason) obliterated the already knocked-over door. I thought I was walking into an acceptably well-lit corridor. Oops!

The unmovable stubborn Apr 7, 2013 09:28 PM

Hahahaha, when you said you'd "pass by the log" I actually thought you meant in the sense of ignoring and dismissing it. Welp.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Apr 7, 2013 09:37 PM

I read it the same way, but then I'm standing in a black hallway so I've already proven to viewers at home that LOL WORDS

i am good at jokes Apr 8, 2013 08:48 AM

I'll just go with this then, hopefully I don't get ratted out of existence just yet.

Additional Spam:
Ah, also, I didn't see an initiative list, is this first come first serve?

The unmovable stubborn Apr 8, 2013 10:19 AM

Whaaaaaat, initiative, why would you assume combat is gonna break out just because of a dozen individually-labeled raaaaaaahahahaha okay

The unmovable stubborn Apr 9, 2013 06:52 PM

THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY

THE POWER OF WATER Apr 9, 2013 07:11 PM

Shin should get some sort of honorary dungeonmaster position for being way better at killing the party than you are.

The unmovable stubborn Apr 9, 2013 07:38 PM

Letting the party do most of the work of wrecking themselves is like, 90% of the point of switching to Gamma World. Giving Shin a box of dynamite is more efficient than any number of dragons.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Apr 9, 2013 08:14 PM

OH HO HO WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT.

Scent of a Grundle Apr 9, 2013 08:26 PM

I love how the very first room has 13 minions in it... and every last one has more HP than any of us. This will be a depressingly short game.

The unmovable stubborn Apr 9, 2013 08:33 PM

It seems like a lot for the first fight, admittedly, but, again, because of Gamma World's lack of... shall we say long-term wound tracking, it just makes sense for every fight to be a slobberknocker. Win and live. Lose and die. Rule of URBX. No change rule.

And it is not as if you guys don't have options. Well, I mean. Less now that Shin blew up 60% of them. But. In principle.

edit: I always forget to show defenses in the first fight of a new thread, edited in now

Little Brenty Brent Brent Apr 9, 2013 08:34 PM

brb physics

Little Brenty Brent Brent Apr 10, 2013 12:18 AM

I want to use reflexive teleport on the explosion. The ability says this: "You and the target teleport, swapping positions. The triggering attack hits the target instead, and misses you if you're out of range."

Now I'm sure you are all well-versed in bomb physics, but here's a refresher on how explosives work.

Most commonly-employed offensive explosives are "high explosives" (ie: the kind used in bomb vests) which are such termed as the shock front moves faster than the speed of sound. We're dealing with some intense shit, here. For example, ammonal (which I think is an acceptable analogue for whatever Shin's explosives are, as it is commonly employed by suicide bombers) has a shock front velocity of approximately 4,400 m/s. Standing approximately 3.5 m away, it would take the blast front about 0.0001 seconds to reach Sven. This velocity is a little less than 10,000 mph.

Generally, this blast wave is the result of an inherently unstable chemical compound (in the case of ammonal, ammonium nitrate (NH4NO3)) rapidly reconstituting itself into a more stable, lower-energy state. For example, the products of the ammonal reaction include water and gaseous nitrogen and oxygen. There is also an enormous amount of energy released, which generates incredible heat.
This heat causes a rapid increase in temperature in the aforementioned gases, which results in a proportional increase in their volume, exerting a force outward which is manifest as the blast wave. A much larger proportion of energy in high explosives goes into this environmental work as opposed to heat, which is one of the things that separates them from low explosives, which tend to react hotter and slower (thermite is an extreme example of this concept).

Now, as previously established the peak force would impact Sven approximately 0.0001 seconds after generation. As demonstrated by Cook et al. (1956) the time interval from detonation to peak pressure is about the same as the time interval from peak pressure to complete dissipation.

Based on this rate of decay, I submit that by the time I occupy Shin's original position the vast majority of the destructive power of the blast will have moved beyond my position, leaving me more-or-less unharmed.

And obliterating Shin.

That is all.

THE POWER OF WATER Apr 10, 2013 12:41 AM

I just want to express my sincere gobsmackedness that Diss cited a journal paper about the physics of detonation waves to justify a D&D move.

The unmovable stubborn Apr 10, 2013 01:05 AM

Fun fact: due to the silly way in which Shin's explosion power works, the originating square of the explosion doesn't take any damage in the first place, and all of Diss' research was unnecessary.

GOOD TIMES

Little Brenty Brent Brent Apr 10, 2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gone in 60 Grundles (Post 810933)
I just want to express my sincere gobsmackedness that Diss cited a journal paper about the physics of detonation waves to justify a D&D move.

I felt that doing what the ability specifically forbade (at least, what I thought it forbade) demanded significant justification. :(

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Apr 10, 2013 12:21 PM

I thought those were all going to be the one hit point type minions, not proper monsters.

I mean, that wouldn't have changed my battle plan one iota but I figured everything but the wombat would be as exploded as me.

Now where are my virgins?

Little Brenty Brent Brent Apr 10, 2013 01:48 PM

I think we've all learned important lessons here today about incorporating suicide bombing into a cohesive attack strategy.

i am good at jokes Apr 10, 2013 03:25 PM

Didn't we have something go this horribly wrong right in the last game as well? I don't remember whodunnit, but I know it had just about the same effect on our groups survival chances.

That and a giant house that didn't even know how to DO A PROPER LIFT

Little Brenty Brent Brent Apr 10, 2013 04:15 PM

Cette failed an overcharge for some sonic explosion thing and ruined everyone in earshot.

Additional Spam:
Additionally: if we do immediately end up on the URBX "lol fucked up so bad" reruns, I think this is definitely a setting worth hanging on to for the future.

Additional Spam:
Additionally additionally: You should probs use Hyperactive if it becomes prudent to do so, Hawkeye. Alphas are reset after every encounter whether you use them or not, so might as well. Plus an extra attack would be preeeeeeeeeeeeeetty useful about now.

The unmovable stubborn Apr 11, 2013 12:57 AM

Ok, moved the damage on Sven over to Murderson so now Murderson's, uh, meaty bits are also mortally wounded from being hit by the blast wave of... the same meaty bits, which... um..

So yeah, Shin, save separately for each of your unfortunate conditions I suppose.

PS Diss your retcon means you're not unconscious and we're waiting on your turn, the teleport would have put you in... K12.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Apr 11, 2013 01:34 AM

OH. WELL IN THAT CASE.

Additional Spam:
Is this time-warp shifting where I am in the initiative list, or am I maintaining my current position?

The unmovable stubborn Apr 11, 2013 08:23 AM

Same initiative order, not dyin' doesn't make you any faster, oddly enough

A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS Apr 11, 2013 08:56 AM

I for one am all for blowing yourself and all your allies up while doing dick all to the enemies becoming a gamma world tradition.

(see also giving everyone diseases via exploded aerosol rat)

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Apr 11, 2013 12:10 PM

So I'm now exploded and dying?

That is very silly.

I feel I should get some form of bonus combo points though.