Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Media Centre (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [General Discussion] General Questions (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=183)

Peter Mar 2, 2006 04:13 PM

General Questions

Use this thread to post small questions that don't warrant creating an entire thread. If the anime/manga already has an own thread, use that, unless it's too old. There will be plenty of regulars who will be more than happy to help you out.

sabbey Mar 8, 2006 01:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know whether this warrants it's own thread, but this has been on my mind for awhile now. Does anyone recognize the following The Guyver album?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEDW:IT

I lost the bid in the last few minutes, since I didn't want to go over $150. The thing is, I never was able to figure out what the hell it is. So, does anyone have any clue to what this is from, or even if it's actually a soundtrack? :D

Thanks all!

Bigblah Mar 10, 2006 11:09 AM

If I'm not wrong, that album is the soundtrack for the 1989 Guyver OVA.

The one you have is the 1986 movie soundtrack.

katchum Mar 13, 2006 04:44 AM

Spoilers about Rurouni Kenshin-------------------

Spoiler:
I have all the episodes of Rurouni Kenshin, at least I think so.
But I've read that Kenshin and Kaoru were having a baby, is this anime covered in the two OAV's? Or are there other episodes of the TV-serie I didn't see?

Bigblah Mar 13, 2006 01:35 PM

Didn't I tell you to read the guidelines for instructions on how to use spoiler tags?

I've edited your post, so check it to see for yourself how they are used.

katchum Mar 13, 2006 05:57 PM

I've read the FAQ but it didn't tell me how to mark spoilers. What can I say other than sorry...

Can you implement a spoiler button in the post screen?
Just like how you change color, you could select the text and click on spoiler or something like that.

Lord Styphon Mar 13, 2006 06:04 PM

You get push-to-reveal spoilers like this one by...:
typing [spoiler ][/spoiler ] around the spoiler, omitting the space before the ]

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Or you can type [oldspoiler ][/oldspoiler ], again omitting the spaces before the ], to get highlight-to-read spoilers like this one.

elwe Mar 14, 2006 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katchum
Spoilers about Rurouni Kenshin-------------------

Spoiler:
I have all the episodes of Rurouni Kenshin, at least I think so.
But I've read that Kenshin and Kaoru were having a baby, is this anime covered in the two OAV's? Or are there other episodes of the TV-serie I didn't see?

No, the TV series doesn't cover that-- at least to my knowledge, that is. However, the last OAV, Reflections (otherwise known as Seisouhen), does have...

Spoiler:
Kenshin and Kaoru's child.

hikarub Mar 14, 2006 10:37 PM

Regarding Rurouni Kenshin question above:

Spoiler:
Kenshin and Kaoru are married and have a son, Kenji, by the end of the manga. This was not shown in the TV series since the manga wasn't done by the end of the Kyoto arc, so the TV series diverted to it's own stories while Watsuki-sensei continued with the manga's Jinchu arc.

In the first OVA series (4 episodes) Tsuioku Hen, we see Kenshin's past in Kyoto and his life with Tomoe, basically an animated retelling of the origin of Kenshin's cross-shaped scar.

In the second OVA (2 episodes) Seisohen, it is several years since the end of the manga and Kenji has grown up into a young teen. In a series of flashbacks, Kaoru remembers her past from the first day she meets Kenshin - including the events of the Jinchu arc.

Try to see the 2 OVAs. I thought it was great, though some people have had mixed reactions to both.

:beer:

katchum Mar 15, 2006 07:10 AM

The OVA's seem to be drawn in another style, which I don't like very much.

sabbey Mar 16, 2006 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigblah
If I'm not wrong, that album is the soundtrack for the 1989 Guyver OVA.

The one you have is the 1986 movie soundtrack.

I was wondering about that, but the Image Soundtrack is the 1989 OVA, and the 1986 OVA is the other listed as Out of Control. I guess that it's possible that is the full soundtrack to it, since not much of it was on the current single CD.

Oh well, hopefully it'll get reissued like the others did back in November... :D

tlrunions Mar 16, 2006 01:10 PM

Disgaea anime music?

Hello,
dore anyone know who is going to be doing the music for Disgaea the anime. Is it going to be Sato or are they going to find someone else? Personally I hope that it is Sato he did such a great job on the games it would only make sence for him to score the anime as well. Just though I would see if anyone had any info. Thanks.
Teresa.

Bigblah Mar 16, 2006 07:32 PM

Couldn't you check ANN for that stuff? I mean, really.

Well, ANN could be wrong sometimes, so I went directly to the source. And yes, it is Tenpei Satou.

tlrunions Mar 17, 2006 01:00 PM

Hello,
One more question regarding this issue. Is there going to be a soundtrack for the anime? Just curious. Thanks once again.
Teresa.

Lukage Mar 17, 2006 01:19 PM

Question/Suggestion:

Tonight I've got $100 to blow on...whatever. My keyboard is sticky (NOT SEMEN) and I could use a new one. I want to finish my last 2 discs on EVA platinum and the last 3 of Ah! My Goddess.

Do I get those or a Miyazaki film? (GITS would be an acceptable suggestion, I only have the first season disc1)

SouthJag Mar 17, 2006 01:24 PM

I'd go with Ghost in the Shell. deepdiscountdvd.com has them all for I think around $13.

Rockgamer Mar 17, 2006 07:09 PM

You should get a new, non-sticky keyboard of course.

Or you could get Princess Mononoke if you haven't seen that. It's only like $10 (everywhere I've seen it, anyway), so you could get that and probably finish off Ah! My Goddess if you shop around right.

Greykin Mar 18, 2006 08:57 PM

I've been searching for a manga called "Lilim's Kiss".
http://www.rickadams.org/thumbnails/lilim.jpg
Been googling for awhile and all I got was links to forum posts about it. I was just wondering if anyone has a decent website containing information on it, maybe some sample scans (or the full thing :D), or a link to a online store that might have it. I can't seem to find anything anywhere on it.

This is all I have so far:

"She's a cute demon who lives off human energy obtained by kissing, and after draining the batteries of an entire class, one guy in particular decides to give his classmates a break by becoming her sole source of energy. It's a tough job but someone's gotta do it, right? I like Lilim's personality, the art is really clean and well-done, and they manage to make the story way more interesting than that description might lead you to expect."

Greykin Mar 22, 2006 08:13 PM

Huzza, after more searching I have found the scans.
Enjoy all - http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/m...egories&cid=17

Keero Mar 22, 2006 08:33 PM

Well this is a general questions thread. Styphon closed my question thread so I am asking here. Are there any other comedy anime's besides Azumanga Daioh

Shenlon Mar 22, 2006 08:35 PM

check out School Rumble, its one of my favorites.
Pani Poni dash is also very funny. Its Azumanga-ish in a way.

elwe Mar 23, 2006 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shenlon
check out School Rumble, its one of my favorites.
Pani Poni dash is also very funny. Its Azumanga-ish in a way.

I second Pani Poni Dash. It's very quirky and wacky in an off-the-wall kind of way. It's also pretty random, so if you're not into that kind of comedy, I'd suggest staying far away. ;)

Kanji Mar 23, 2006 02:04 AM

2x2 = Shinobuden is another pretty funny series that I started watching recently. It's more oriented around ninja parodies, it seems. Also has plenty of random stuff going on. More info at ANN.

I'd have to agree with PPD, too~ It's also a pretty hilarious series from what I've seen. D:

Fjordor Mar 23, 2006 02:26 AM

Puni Puni Poemi is a ridiculously inane series which has made me pause the video several times because I was laughing too much and missing dialogue (it doesn't help that the main character speaks at an insane rate). Unfortunately, it is only 2 episodes long, as far as I am aware.

Also, there is Jungle wa itsumo Hare nochi Guu

map car man words telling me to do things Mar 23, 2006 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keero
Well this is a general questions thread. Styphon closed my question thread so I am asking here. Are there any other comedy anime's besides Azumanga Daioh

There's plenty of comedy anime, but most of them aren't that good. Exceptions can be found of course and the aforementioned 2x2=Shinobuden, Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu and Pani Poni Dash are excellent. Sunabozu (or Sunabouzu or Sunabozou, people can't seem to agree, also licensed as Desert Punk) is another very, very funny series, but it has more story than just random comedy incidents.

If you read manga, you will certainly enjoy Yotsuba&!, by Kiyohiko Azuma, who also created Azumanga Daioh. Extremely cute, wonderfully endearing, warmhearted and always funny.

http://myy.helia.fi/~a0400729/Pics/Yotsubato!10-11.jpg