Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   I make a bitch sandwich (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Recipes using an oven (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8989)

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Jul 12, 2006 08:02 AM

Recipes using an oven

Being a single guy, I never do much cooking cause of all the hassle just for myself. However, I have an oven lying around that I'm sure there are some things that could be done with it.

So I'm wondering if anybody knows of any sites that have things that could be easily made in an oven (or their own personal recipes). Keep it to small and simple recipes please, given I'm a single guy who's a lousy cook. ^^;;

BlueEdge Jul 12, 2006 09:01 AM

Do you mean like an oven as in I can bake a pie or a pizza or oven as in the smaller versions that have toasting options?

Mojougwe Jul 12, 2006 09:15 AM

Boil enough water in a large pot for 2 boxes of Ziti.

When ziti is tossed into the boiling pot, time it for 10-12mins.

Drain the entire contents of that pot into a colliander (bowl shaped draining thing for pastas, vegetables, etc.)

Get a baking pan and evenly fill the bottom with ziti.

Open your favorite spaghetti/tomato sauce and evenly cover the layer of ziti.

Get your favorite shredded cheese and really make a thick layer of it ontop of the sauce. Pop it into your oven for 450 degrees and set a timer for 25-30mins.

Done. Baked Ziti liek what?

BlueEdge Jul 12, 2006 12:56 PM

hmm...id guess its a regular oven.

Fry some rice or boil some spagetti and put it into a ceramic dish
put some cooked meat over it (ex fried pork etc) and then pour over your favourite sauce. add some veges and then bake.

kat Jul 13, 2006 02:36 AM

Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders. I make it because it's healthier than fried but it's really easy and pretty tasty.

Some sort of Cereal like Cornflakes or Chex (Wheat Chex is good if you want your dietary fiber)
Low Fat Buttermilk
Thin Sliced Chicken Breast Cutlets (but you can also use turkey)
Salt and Pepper

Cut the chicken into small strips. Put in a bowl and cover with the buttermilk, this will make it more tender and juicier. Let it marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.

Crush your choice of cereal in a plastic baggie into crumbs and lay it out on a plate. Drain your chicken from the buttermilk and season with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in the crushed cereal, the buttermilk on the chicken will help the coating stick.

Grease a baking sheet (put some oil on a paper towel and just wipe it around). Baked at 400 degrees for ~8 minutes, depending on how thick the chicken is. I tend to flip it them halfway, just because the bottom can get soggy if the chicken is too thick. Let it sit on the sheet to cool, this will help make it crispier.

Eat with your choice of dip (ketchup, BBQ and otherwise).

This is also good for chicken parmigiana, just use the entire cutlet instead of cutting it up into strips. Marinate the same, add some parmesan cheese to the cereal mixture, baked as normal and make sure to flip. Let it cool and crisp up, then cover with any sort of tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, put it back in the oven to melt the cheese and serve with spaghetti.

BlueEdge Jul 13, 2006 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kat
Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders. I make it because it's healthier than fried but it's really easy and pretty tasty.

Some sort of Cereal like Cornflakes or Chex (Wheat Chex is good if you want your dietary fiber)
Low Fat Buttermilk
Thin Sliced Chicken Breast Cutlets (but you can also use turkey)
Salt and Pepper

Cut the chicken into small strips. Put in a bowl and cover with the buttermilk, this will make it more tender and juicier. Let it marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.

Crush your choice of cereal in a plastic baggie into crumbs and lay it out on a plate. Drain your chicken from the buttermilk and season with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in the crushed cereal, the buttermilk on the chicken will help the coating stick.

Grease a baking sheet (put some oil on a paper towel and just wipe it around). Baked at 400 degrees for ~8 minutes, depending on how thick the chicken is. I tend to flip it them halfway, just because the bottom can get soggy if the chicken is too thick. Let it sit on the sheet to cool, this will help make it crispier.

Eat with your choice of dip (ketchup, BBQ and otherwise).

This is also good for chicken parmigiana, just use the entire cutlet instead of cutting it up into strips. Marinate the same, add some parmesan cheese to the cereal mixture, baked as normal and make sure to flip. Let it cool and crisp up, then cover with any sort of tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, put it back in the oven to melt the cheese and serve with spaghetti.

That's a really good idea =D

You can also make shepard's pie.
Get some ground beef, cook it in a pan, make sure its "particlely" not a giant clump. Mix in various greens such as peas, onions and chopped carrots. Season, put into a cassorole dish. Make some mashed potatoes (can be done by boiling/baking potatoes till they're soft, mashing them while adding milk, butter, salt) or buying premade. Put the mashed potatoes ontop of the beef mixture and bake.

acid Jul 13, 2006 11:18 PM

Take a piece of pita bread. Don't open it. Put it on a baking sheet. Add pizza sauce, cheese (more is better), and toppings. Back at 375 for about 10 minutes or so until the cheese is sufficiently melty. Delicious pita-pizza.

It's cheap, low class, tastes great, and easy as shit. Exactly what a single guy who can't cook loves.