Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [General Discussion] LBGT - Campaign Against Insensitive Gamers (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38481)

Vemp Aug 17, 2009 05:04 PM

LBGT - Campaign Against Insensitive Gamers

Quote:

Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) teens experience homophobic remarks and harassment throughout the school day, creating an atmosphere where they feel disrespected, unwanted and unsafe. Homophobic remarks such as “that’s so gay” are the most commonly heard; these slurs are often unintentional and a common part of teens’ vernacular. Most do not recognize the consequences, but the casual use of this language often carries over into more overt harassment.

This campaign aims to raise awareness about the prevalence and consequences of anti-LGBT bias and behavior in America’s schools. Ultimately, the goal is to reduce and prevent the use of homophobic language in an effort to create a more positive environment for LGBT teens. The campaign also aims to reach adults, including school personnel and parents; their support of this message is crucial to the success of efforts to change behavior.

Think before you speak. Don't say "That's So Gay."

So what do you think? Is this something good or just another "attack" at videogames and it's fans.

Only in America.

Radez Aug 17, 2009 05:08 PM

I don't follow where it blames gamers for this? Sounds like just teens in general? Also, I think gay is a perfectly accurate descriptor for something that is flamboyant but ultimately insubstantial. Like this campaign. This campaign is so gay.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Aug 17, 2009 05:14 PM

One of their campaign posters is aimed at gamers. There's also one aimed at cheerleaders and jocks so this isn't an attack on gamers at all. To be fair, it'd be nice if people on Xbox Live would call you something other than a fag or a nigger once in a while but I think that's more a problem of American teenagers having very limited imagination or vocabulary than any particular homophobia or racism.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Aug 17, 2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radez29 (Post 720440)
Also, I think gay is a perfectly accurate descriptor for something that is flamboyant but ultimately insubstantial. Like this campaign. This campaign is so gay.

In an effort to change the lingo and help out our homosexual friends, I vote we use the term "Radez" to start describing things that are flamboyant and insubstantial.

This campaign is so Radez.

Single Elbow Aug 17, 2009 09:31 PM

I'd rather use the term "Mo0" myself. A perfect combination of huge, flamboyancy and utter insignificance.

The campaign is so Mo0.

sup mo0 :mad:

Jessykins Aug 17, 2009 09:35 PM

Well maybe if everybody on XBL stopped acting like gay niggers they'd stop being called that. Jeez.

No. Hard Pass. Aug 18, 2009 12:12 AM

Stop being so Mo0, Jessy.

wvlfpvp Aug 18, 2009 12:58 AM

Dammit, people. When will you follow my advice and say "THAT'S SO FAGGOTY" instead of gay?

Because using the word "gay" as an adjective is fucking faggoty.

this message has been Homo-Approved™

DarkMageOzzie Aug 18, 2009 04:37 AM

This Campaign is about 10 years late to the party. Seriously, it takes more then a decade for them to notice this? I graduated high school in 99 and this shit was prevalent back then too.

I remember what one of my friends did for awhile. Everytime someone said "That's so gay!" his response was "Really? It's like fucking a man?"

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Aug 18, 2009 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkMageOzzie (Post 720578)
I remember what one of my friends did for awhile. Everytime someone said "That's so gay!" his response was "Really? It's like fucking a man?"

I bet he had lots of friends.

JewishNegroe Aug 22, 2009 12:45 PM

Why do we need to worry? Many of them self use the word queer to describe themselves but don't you dare call them queers.

Gay used to mean happy, cheerful but now its somebody who enjoys looking at the same sex. Words change and evolve and this word is not excluded. It may be pretty gay but thats life

Zephyrin Aug 22, 2009 06:01 PM

I prefer the term "It's as wrong as two boys fucking."

Soluzar Aug 22, 2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOU MAD (Post 720449)
When you play on xbox live and actually allow strangers to come through your headset and or speakers, there's a good chance you will run into teenagers, fratboys and rednecks who will call you all sorts of names.

These usually include faggot, nigger, shithead, fucker.

Absolutely true, and that's why if I'm going to play online it will only ever be with people on my friend list. It's just not my idea of a good time to get called every name the other player can think of. Not to mention that your friends are less likely to quit/disconnect when you start winning.

wvlfpvp Aug 22, 2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyrin (Post 721435)
I prefer the term "It's as wrong as two boys fucking."

Well, yes. That is quite wrong.

You know, cuz 8-year-olds doing it and all.