Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Play-by-Post Board Games (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   The List (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36988)

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon Apr 5, 2009 04:28 PM

The List

This is based off an old Irc game I played during the nineties. It's for six players, with two teams of three.

I will offer a category. Then, in secret, I will select ten answers (in no specific order) that fit into the chosen category. Each player will then give up to ten answers in an attempt to match the answers I've chosen. Whoever gives one of the chosen answers first scores a point for his/her team. We play up to thirty points.

For example, let us say that the category is The United States of America. Each player would list ten states and hope they picked the same ones I did. If you said Iowa, and it was on my list, you'd score a point. Often, the category will have more answers than there is room for in my picks. It's half knowledge, half luck.

There are also special rounds, during which I'll explain the particular rules.

There is no special order in which players need to answer. Just know that it's beneficial to answer sooner instead of having to dig for answers, so paying attention is probably important.

So if I can get six people to sign up, we can try this thing out.

Rockgamer Apr 5, 2009 09:13 PM

It kinda sounds like a modified version of Family Feud...or something. Either way, sounds good to me, so I'll try it out.

Chaotic Apr 5, 2009 09:17 PM

Eh, I need something to do. Count me in.

Freelance Apr 5, 2009 09:20 PM

Actually, this sounds more like Scattegories. I loved that game. The difference was that you had to pick something that no one else had picked to score a point. I remember choosing 'food' for 'things you find in a vending machine' and nobody else thought of that, haha. Good times.

This game sounds fun but I also signed up in the Civ IV multiplayer thread and may interfere with this one. I guess I shouldn't make any commitment at this point.

Update: Ah never mind. I didn't make it to the Civ game but I am on reserve, so count me in then.

Sousuke Apr 6, 2009 01:59 AM

This sounds interesting. Count me in. :3:

wvlfpvp Apr 6, 2009 03:08 PM

Sure, I'll sign up for something like this. At least you'll keep it going, unlike a certain Mo0 who disappear'd on the Wheel of Fortune thread.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE Apr 6, 2009 04:30 PM

If there's still room or room frees up I'm in.

knkwzrd Apr 6, 2009 05:01 PM

I'd do this as well.

Dullenplain Apr 6, 2009 05:12 PM

I'd be interested in the 2nd incarnation of this, since it looks like the quota has been used up rather quickly.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon Apr 6, 2009 05:37 PM

Okay, there are enough players. I can permit four players on each team, so I'll do that. The teams are as follows:

Team One: Rockgamer, Furret (Freelance Wolf), wvlfpvp, and knkwzrd
Team Two: Luxray (Chaotic), Sousuke, Capo, and Garr

Dullenplain and others past him can serve as alternates in case someone goes MIA. Else he (they) can wait for the next game.

Now begins the first category. I've chosen ten answers. You each have ten guesses. Try to match me.

Popular Restaurant Chains in North America

Chaotic Apr 6, 2009 06:08 PM

1. McDonalds
2. Burger King
3. Sonic's
4. Wendy's
5. IHOP (International House of Pancakes)
6. Pizza Hut
7. Dominoes
8. White Castle
9. Fuddruckers
10. Perkins

I got confused as to Fast Food Resturants or actual Resturants... Regardless, it's worth a shot anyway.

Rockgamer Apr 6, 2009 07:25 PM

1. Taco Bell
2. Long John Silver's
3. Carl's Jr.
4. Little Caesar's
5. Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)
6. Popeyes
7. Church's
8. Subway
9. Jack in the Box
10. Chick-fil-A

knkwzrd Apr 6, 2009 07:40 PM

Whoa, wait a minute. Need some clarification first.

Should teams guess things that the other team has already guessed? Will we both get the point if it's on your list, or is it a first come first serve thing?

Freelance Apr 6, 2009 07:43 PM

Um well I was going to ask if it was fast food restaurants or normal restaurants but it looks like everyone's going for fast food so here's my list. My list will probably be very wonky though as I live in Canada and there are many fast food chains in the US that doesn't exist here, such as ...Fuddruckers and Perkins in Chaotic's list.

01. McDonalds
02. Taco Bell
03. Wendys
04. KFC
05. Subway
06. Popeyes
07. A&W
08. Burger King
09. Tim Hortons
10. Pizza Pizza

Chaotic Apr 6, 2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knkwzrd (Post 695187)
Should teams guess things that the other team has already guessed? Will we both get the point if it's on your list, or is it a first come first serve thing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash Landon (Post 694894)
I will offer a category. Then, in secret, I will select ten answers (in no specific order) that fit into the chosen category. Each player will then give up to ten answers in an attempt to match the answers I've chosen. Whoever gives one of the chosen answers first scores a point for his/her team. We play up to thirty points.

First come first serve, I believe.

knkwzrd Apr 6, 2009 08:03 PM

Applebee's
Jack In The Box
Denny's
Papa John's
Red Lobster
The Olive Garden
The Cheesecake Factory
T.G.I. Friday's
Culver's
Chuck-E-Cheese

Freelance Apr 6, 2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood (Post 695193)
We have both Fuddruckers and Perkins, you stupid bint. You embarrass yourself every time you talk. Just stop doing that.

Okay fine, I stand corrected. I checked on Fuddruckers and their ONLY store in Canada is in Saskatchewan so how would anyone know about this chain unless you live there? There's not many Perkins here either. I still stand by the fact these chains are literally unheard of in Canada and I doubt many people even know these chains exist.

P.S. Since you're checking this thread, Crash, can you change my name back? I no longer want to be Furret.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon Apr 6, 2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knkwzrd (Post 695187)
Whoa, wait a minute. Need some clarification first.

The first person to get the correct answer gets a point for it. Anyone who subsequently gives the same answer receives nothing, as the point has already been earned. Thus, it behooves you to avoid duplicating answers and it's also better to respond quickly, as that many more options are still available.

People who gave duplicate answers may alter them.

And for the record, it's both sit-down and fast food restaurants. As long as it's a chain, it qualifies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
My list will probably be very wonky though as I live in Canada and there are many fast food chains in the US that doesn't exist here, such as ...Fuddruckers and Perkins in Chaotic's list.

Guess what? I live right by the US/Canada border, so I'm familiar with restaurants on both sides. This is why the category is "North America" and not "The United States." There happens to be three Tim Horton's in my town alone, and a Fuddruckers twenty minutes away. I've eaten at a Harvey's and worked for a Perkins. Plus, I've travelled across America; I've seen about 90% of them, and heard of the rest.

wvlfpvp Apr 7, 2009 11:22 AM

1. Krystal
2. Little Caesars
3. Bahama Breeze
4. Macaroni Grill
5. Chili's
6. Waffle House
7. Hardees
8. Checkers/Rally's (same thing, essentially)
9. Outback
10. Panera Bread Co.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE Apr 7, 2009 02:23 PM

1. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
2. Damon's
3. KFC
4. Boston Market
5. Steak n Shake
6. Bruegger's
7. Jimmy John's
8. Max and Erma's
9. Qdoba
10. Chipotle

Sousuke Apr 7, 2009 08:22 PM

Wow, so many restaurants. And so many that I either haven't heard of, or have only seen on TV commercials. :P And damn, somebody already took Tim Hortons. Ah well.

1. Harvey's
2. New York Fries
3. East Side Mario's
4. Kelsey's
5. Behihana
6. Krispy Kreme
7. Hooters
8. Swiss Chalet
9. Medieval Times
10. Ruby Tuesday

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon Apr 7, 2009 10:24 PM

Round One is over! Here are my answers. You guys came up with way more than I anticipated. There were even a few that are unknown to me. (Can't believe I forgot about Inn-N-Out)

Let's see how people did:

1: Applebee's - found by knkwzrd
2: Chipotle - found by Capo
3: White Castle - found by Chaotic
4: Carl's Jr. - found by Rockgamer
5: Red Lobster - found by knkwzrd
6: Subway - found by Rockgamer
7: Olde Country Buffet - found by nobody
8: Sbarro - found by nobody
9: Denny's - found by knkwzrd
10: Popeye's - found by Rockgamer

Team 1: Rockgamer, Freelance Wolf, wvlfpvp, knkwzrd - 6 Points