Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Media Centre (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex anime! (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2245)

Peter Mar 18, 2006 07:12 AM

New Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex anime!

Announced today, courtesy of ANN:

Quote:

As previously reported, Production I.G is working on a new Ghost in the Shell related anime and details will be announce at the Tokyo Anime Fair.

Today, Production I.G announced that at Tokyo Anime Fair they will screen a trailer for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society, a "new chapter of the GITS saga."

No other details about Solid State Society have been announced.

Thanks to Peter for this info.
This is just awesome, Second Gig is easily one of my favourites. Any thoughts?

Bigblah Mar 18, 2006 07:28 AM

First thought: that is one huge, unwieldy mouthful of a series title. Even the acronym GITS:SAC-SSS is scary.

chato Mar 18, 2006 08:08 AM

reading the words Solid State Society makes everything more interesting than the laughing man case (my favorite arc of SaC). I just hope its another 26 episodes..

jouhou Mar 18, 2006 11:52 AM

Yay, Season 3!!!
This is so cool. The second season topped the first season so much so I'm expecting season 3 to be better than season 2.
Hopefully this will air by the 4th quarter.

Spatula Mar 18, 2006 01:14 PM

GHOST IN THE SHELL: STAND ALONE COMPLEX - SOLID STATE SOCIETY

What a mouthful! But what wonderful news. Looks like I'll be keeping my current av/sig for the time being.

YeOldeButchere Mar 18, 2006 01:25 PM

I heard some people say that this would actually be an OVA. I hope not, but any new GitS:SAC is nevertheless welcome.

That reminds me, I should rewatch the whole thing once I get the chance.

Lukage Mar 18, 2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamamanama
The most important question relating to this is: Will Yoko Kanno be involved?

Although important, doubtful.

I've yet to even get my hands on the second season. DOWNLOADING I SHALL!
*excited*

Cobra Mar 18, 2006 02:22 PM

Yup I have read that somewhere too. No need to mention can't wait. Now I can finally watch the end of the second GIG without any remorse that it'll be the last episodes ever done. ;)

SouthJag Mar 18, 2006 02:28 PM

Oh wow, another season! 2nd GIG made it over here fairly quickly, so here's hoping SSS will also make its US appearance a hasty one.

Fjordor Mar 18, 2006 02:57 PM

Awesomeness. I too cannot wait for this series to come out.
GITS is by far one of my top favorites anime(as evidenced by my ava/sig)

Rockgamer Mar 18, 2006 03:54 PM

I wanna know what this actually is before I get excited about it, even though any new GitS is good. Of course a season 3 would be the best, but the title leads me to believe that it might just be an OVA or something (you know, since they just didn't call it 3rd GIG).

SouthJag Mar 18, 2006 04:47 PM

Maybe I'm looking too much into it, or maybe you're not looking far enough Rockgamer, but I think that just calling it "3rd GIG" would be a little unoriginal, and even though it's a third season, I think the creators want it to be as original as possible while still retaining the overall feel of the Stand Alone Complex series.

Solid State Society will probably enlighten us with a new take regarding all the refugee business from 2nd Gig, much in the same way that the 2nd Gig has expanded on the stand-alone complex theory developed in the first season.

SemperFidelis Mar 18, 2006 05:18 PM

I love the series, and I absolutely love the soundtracks. I wait eagerly.

Jessykins Mar 18, 2006 05:21 PM

It should've just been "Third Gig"

Spatula Mar 18, 2006 05:26 PM

Indeed, simplicity reigns, especially in a title.

Van Mar 18, 2006 05:27 PM

Ai-yah! I only just finished buying the first season, and I was looking to give my wallet a breath of air before starting on 2nd Gig. With this news, the urgency to start on that one becomes that much great for me. Seriously though, this is excellent news. I love the GitS world, especially as its been depicted in Stand Alone Complex. Can't wait for this.

Tawnee Van Pelt Mar 18, 2006 05:29 PM

Wow, this make me want to see the first 2 seasons... gotta make some room to download them!

Mucknuggle Mar 18, 2006 05:58 PM

Although I haven't seen season 2 yet (I will marathon it once I have all of the R1 DVDs), I am glad to hear that they will be producing a third season. Let's all hope that Kanno returns as the composer for the new episodes. She always does wonderful work.

Rockgamer Mar 19, 2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthJag
Maybe I'm looking too much into it, or maybe you're not looking far enough Rockgamer, but I think that just calling it "3rd GIG" would be a little unoriginal, and even though it's a third season, I think the creators want it to be as original as possible while still retaining the overall feel of the Stand Alone Complex series.

I can see your point, but it still seems like they would have put three somewhere in the title if it was going to be a third season. The only way you could associate the title with the number three is if you call it Triple S or 3S or something like that. Don't get me wrong, I want it to be a third season, but based on the name I don't think it is (trust me, this is a time where I want to be wrong).

SouthJag Mar 19, 2006 01:00 AM

Considering that it's still under the umbrella of "Stand Alone Complex," I think it's safe to assume that yes, this is a third season.

Bigblah Mar 19, 2006 01:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've attached what is apparently a press release from Production I.G. regarding Solid State Society. What I can make out:

(bad news) It is not a series; it is a 100-minute movie/OVA.

(good news) Music is still by Yoko Kanno.

There's a synopsis inside too, but I'm not translating that fat chunk.

SouthJag Mar 19, 2006 01:15 AM

Well then. I'm wrong. xD This begs another question -- is this the final installment of Stand Alone Complex? Or perhaps just a transition into another actual season?

Bigblah Mar 19, 2006 01:19 AM

As is the nature of most series-related movies, I'd say this is a standalone (hrhr) story.

Van Mar 19, 2006 02:09 AM

Ah well, still good news, especially Kanno's involvement. Plus, being an OVA/movie, it will save me some money.:D