Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Media Centre (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Too Many Remakes!!!!!!!! (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215)

xman25 Mar 2, 2006 04:44 PM

Too Many Remakes!!!!!!!!

There too many remakes being made these days. Where is the orginality?!?! Here is a list of the remakes:

1)I Dream of Jeannie (2006)
2)Miami Vice (2006)
3)The Incredible Shrinking Man (2006)
4)The Omen (2006)
5)Poseidon (2006)
6)The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
7)When a Stranger Calls (2006)
8)Fun with Dick and Jane (2005)
9)King Kong (2005)
10)The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (2005)
11)The Fog (2005)
12)Bad News Bears (2005)
13)Dark Water (2005)
14)War of the Worlds (2005)
15)The Longest Yard (2005)
16)House of Wax (2005)
17)The Amityville Horror (2005)
18)"Kojak" (2005) (TV)
19)Assault on Precinct 13 (2005)
20)Bewitched (2005)
21)Alfie (2004)
22)The Grudge (2004)
23)"Battlestar Galactica" (2004) (TV)
24)The Manchurian Candidate (2004)
25)The Stepford Wives (2004)
26)Walking Tall (2004)
27)Dawn of the Dead (2004)
28)Starsky & Hutch (2004)
29)Fat Albert (2004)
30)The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
31)The Italian Job (2003)
32)The Ring (2002)
33)Thir13en Ghosts (2001)
In the Works:
34)The Smurfs (2008)
35)Logan's Run (2007)
36)Porky's (2006)

Well, anyway, that's all I fell like writing. I'm sure there are a few that I have missed. All these remakes goes to show how lame Hollywood has become. The way things are going, it looks like there won't be any original movies in a few years. Or at the very least, remakes will outnumber original movies.

xman25

Agent Olive Mar 2, 2006 04:46 PM

I dunno, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Dawn of the Dead were pretty good. But I agree, there are too many remakes these days.

Musharraf Mar 2, 2006 04:46 PM

The worst remake so far was Blues Brothers 2000 hands down
But okay, why do we even discuss bad remakes if there's Uwe Boll

xman25 Mar 2, 2006 04:54 PM

I'm sure Uwe Boll will remake something some day. Maybe remake BloodRayne 10 years from now. Bad remake of an awful movie.

xman25

captain_eddy Mar 2, 2006 04:58 PM

Why would anyone even want to make a remake, theres nothing original about (like most of hollywoods crap). Most of them are awful, like that king kong remake!

Living Legend Mar 2, 2006 04:58 PM

I don't mind watching remakes at all. I find most to be quite interesting, because I know if there wasn't a remake I would probably not care at all about the older movie.

The worst movie that I had seen that I didn't even know was a remake off of that list is probably "The Fog" I watched that about a month ago with a bunch of friends, everyone hated it.

crapmonster Mar 2, 2006 06:23 PM

not to mention the spur of asian movie remakes thanks to the likes of people like roy lee....
ikiru
il mare (the lake house)
infernal affairs (the departed)
jungdok (addicted)
kairo
my sassy girl
old boy
shutter
the eye
the eye 2
the mission

probably alot more, these are just the some that come to mind...

Dark Chocolate Mar 2, 2006 06:25 PM

Well... first the old versions are... well old... and I guess we are running out of creative ideas for movies :p How sad. But we have to make the old movies look better now don't we?

Eleo Mar 2, 2006 06:29 PM

This has got to be the most extreme example. Remake a recent, classic film that's only three years old... Incredible.

I'm not against remakes. I enjoy some remakes, especially when they're still great movies but slightly different takes on the same concept. It is, however, apparent that Hollywood seems to be getting increasingly lazy, but quick to accuse filesharing as the source of their losses.

xman25 Mar 2, 2006 06:36 PM

Oh man!!!!! How could I have forgotten the greatest remake of all time: Psycho (1998).

xman25

Sepharite Mar 2, 2006 07:23 PM

You know young people these days? Obsessed with better CG graphics, quality... it's fucked up.

So, why not rekindle the old movies and transcribe them into our century's perspective (as fucked as it can get). Besides, remaking a movie is a huge risk since you have to compare it to the original.

Outlaw Mar 2, 2006 07:52 PM

Old movies were good, they didn't need psudo-scary monsters/things, Horror was implied back then. And people actually BUILT the sets and scouted locations for a move...none of this green screen stuff! Yes I know I'm only 17, but I like the orignal movies. I mean there're some movies that I also like the remakes of just as well as the originals, like House on Haunted Hill and the Ring for example....but the rest are just....blah :| .....

Hollywood doesn't have a creative bone left in their bodies. When an original idea comes out, its usally an independent film or a forign film that will never see the light of day in the US because eather they remake it their own way or just deside not to release it state side. Either that or if it is a hollywood production that is original, it usualy sucks anyways.

I sware, some people can't let a classic movie be a classic. They always have to come out with a crappy/some what crappy remake that most of the time never lives up to the original movie in the first place. So why the heck even make them?

galen Mar 2, 2006 07:55 PM

I don't know how think you can group Battlestar Galactica in there...

Anyway, this is a pretty fun thread guys. Keep shaking those fists!

Neogin Mar 2, 2006 08:03 PM

I honestly don't mind. I'm one of those few people that would actually prefer the new, over the old. My reason? Simple, I've never watched the old, and I don't plan on starting.

knkwzrd Mar 2, 2006 08:06 PM

There's talk of a remake of the Peckinpah classic The Wild Bunch, which could be great or be awful, depending on how they handle it.
Something really terrifying though is the talk of the Ben Affleck/Matt Damon remake of Butch Cassidy. Here's hoping that never comes to fruition.

Newbie1234 Mar 2, 2006 08:48 PM

I personally don't care if they're remakes as long as they take a different spin and are entertaining to watch.

Lots of movies have similar plots and they aren't remakes, so it really doesn't bother me.

Summonmaster Mar 2, 2006 08:50 PM

I would normally agree, but looking at the upside, it exposes the young'uns to older movies that were once made in the past. I'm for remakes IF the people that watch them are aware that there are older versions of these movies and that the original attempts don't go unappreciated. Although, you know somethings wrong if they decide to make remakes of the remakes one day...

Redfield Mar 2, 2006 08:51 PM

Christ, I agree. It seems whenever you look at the goddamn TV you see a commercial for another remake. I've been seeing a lot of commercials for the "Hills Have Eyes" remake. Really, it only proves either no one can come up with any decent ideas for a movie, or they're just too lazy to bother anymore. I can't blame them, really, it's probably the same route I'd take. Money in the bag. I've not enjoyed any of them, though.

Meth Mar 3, 2006 03:57 AM

I was thinking about writing a re-make of Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, only instead of a boy scout leader, he's an inner city mentor played by Will Smith. During his famous fillabuster he can perform rapper's delight! I'd never pay to see it, but I'm sure a million suckers would especially if you released it in an election year in early november. or perhaps in early april... they never release good movies then.

mrman1 Mar 4, 2006 12:03 AM

Is this why box office receipts are down?

The remakes listed int eh parent posts can be separated 3 ways:

REMAKES of POP CULTURE ICONS
Depend on nostalgia. Conceived by Hollywood focus group miners who probably do these Rorscach Tests of brand names to determine what will get the next greenlight. (Would you like to see a movie based on any of the following: DUKES OF HAZZARD, SCOOBY DOO, HONEYMOONERS?) Theoretically appeal most to fanboy movie casters who dig stuffing big, familiar names into familiar roles.

see: Dukes of Hazzard, Scooby Doo, Honeymooners

REMAKES of STORIES PEOPLE LIKE
Star vehicles over the road well-traveled, soldiering over the backs of giants.

see: Dwayne Johnson's Walking Tall, Vin Diesel's The Pacifier (compared to Schwartzenegger's Kindergarten Cop)

REMAKES of FOREIGN FILMS
Young people don't read, so rather than save money and dub foreign films, reshoot and Angelicize them with tons more money and more familiar-looking actors and repackage them.

see: The Ring, The Grudge

Acro-nym Mar 4, 2006 12:25 AM

On a similar note, there are too many sequels. Although is can be a more creative than a remake, a sequel is really just barking up the same money tree, and not necessarily a blossoming money tree on some occassions (Return to Neverland comes to mind).

Wojo Mar 4, 2006 12:27 AM

The worst is going to be the remake of The Warriors that is supposed to come out in the near future.

Cobra Mar 4, 2006 12:31 AM

I heard there's gonna be a sequel to the TV series "V"...With the same actors. :eyebrow:

Although 90% of the remakes are useless, I'm quite hyped for Miami Vice, mostly because Mann is under it.

The GreyFox Mar 4, 2006 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crapmonster
not to mention the spur of asian movie remakes thanks to the likes of people like roy lee....
ikiru
il mare (the lake house)
infernal affairs (the departed)
jungdok (addicted)
kairo
my sassy girl
old boy
shutter
the eye
the eye 2
the mission

probably alot more, these are just the some that come to mind...

Good God, that remake for The Mission better not be made. That is a classic film by Johnnie To and I just got this gut feeling they are going to totally Hollywood'ize it. Which totally ruins the style and slowness (don't mean that in a bad way) of To's film. It's one of those films that doesn't need to be remade at all. This shit is never going to end, will it?

Hachifusa Mar 4, 2006 01:44 AM

I find nothing intrinsically bad with remakes, but I think if the movie warrants a remake, the movie warrants a good remake.

With such crap as THE HONEYMOONERS and THE DUKES OF HAZZARD, we're in trouble.