Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [:plant:] I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park. (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45373)

OmagnusPrime Jun 25, 2014 05:48 PM

I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park.

Hi.

So a bunch of us are smart people who a) have a Wii U and b) having Mario Kart 8 (because that shit is ace and why haven't you bought it yet stop reading these words and go fix that right now, oh you have it already in that case we cool).

Since Mario Kart 8 has an online mode that is actually pretty solid from what I've played of it, I propose arranging times when a bunch of us might happen to be online at a similar time and get some MK8 action going. What say you? (spoiler: the correct answer is "My word good sir that is a spiffing and most excellent plan")

NEXT MK8 ONLINE EVENT

DATE/TIME:
http://gifcountdown.com/europe-londo...ue/counter.gif

Wii U NNID thread to go post your ID

OTHER INFO

MK8 can host up to 12 people in online sessions so we shouldn’t have to restrict any group sizes, but first 12 people if somehow we get more.

Voice comms will be done using Skype for anyone interested in some smack talk to accompany their red shells. We will need someone on PC to host (as mobile/console Skype have silly participant restrictions), if anyone is willing to volunteer please let us know.

PROPOSED FOLLOWING MK8 EVENT DATE

Proposed:

CHALLENGERS APPROACH
(Player / Wii U gamertag)
- Acer Why (AcerBandit) / AcerBandit
- CHz / CHz_16
- Doesn't matter, OP is dead (Mo0) / SuperMo0
- Extra Chromosome (sprout) / TheBloodGrinder
- Grundlefield Earth (BahamutZ) / BahamutZ
- nuttyturnip / nuttyturnip
- OmagnusPrime / Omagnus
- SailorDaravon (and Philia) / MrDaravon
- Scent of a Grundle (Menno) / MennoKnight
- shade / shadebox
- Sousuke / Yggdrasilly
- SuperSonic / True_Blue
- Tails / Roflfox
- Team End Piece AND Team Shave (Diss) / TeamParty
- Team Shave AND Team End Piece (Skills) / Colonel_Skills
- The Plane Is A Tiger (Tritoch) / Manablade
- Turbo / TurboGFF

The Plane Is A Tiger Jun 25, 2014 05:50 PM

My word good sir that is a spiffing and most excellent plan.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Jun 25, 2014 05:58 PM

AW YEAH RUB A DUB KART

OmagnusPrime Jun 25, 2014 06:04 PM

Oh yeah, so whilst I think of it, the plan would be to co-ordinate the voice chats via Skype. Assuming that also works for people.

THE POWER OF WATER Jun 25, 2014 06:08 PM

Works for me, although I'm out this weekend because I gotta go watch some schmuck get married.

DST is active in the Eastern time zone too, so that should be 5 PM instead of 4 by the way.

value tart Jun 25, 2014 07:48 PM

Play Mario Kart while watching Hito get married, he won't mind

THE POWER OF WATER Jun 25, 2014 07:59 PM

I figured yelling out "CLOWNDICK" in the middle of the proceedings after getting lightninged might detract from the event a bit.

nuttyturnip Jun 25, 2014 08:02 PM

Right before they say, "I do", just toss out a blue shell.

THIEF Jun 25, 2014 08:14 PM

Not if he has a music box. Hito, get on that.

Sousuke Jun 26, 2014 01:04 AM

I'm out for this weekend but I plan to pick up MK8 come payday (next week) and I'd definitely be down for it then.

Scent of a Grundle Jun 26, 2014 03:17 AM

I might be able to make this work.

SuperSonic Jun 26, 2014 06:09 AM

Hopefully I can catch a break between the streams of Games Done Quick and CEO 2014 to get in on this action.

SailorDaravon Jun 26, 2014 07:15 AM

We actually got a Wii U and this yesterday so I'll be completely awful but I'm down. This Saturday is a bit rough for me as well with SDQ2014 and CEO so this one may or may not happen but I'm down in general. I'll also have to see if i have a mic for my laptop, honestly not sure if I do or not. Haven't used skype in years and years, worse case I could hop into chat or something I guess?

Wall Feces Jun 26, 2014 09:06 AM

I can't do this Saturday but I can do other times. My name on Wii U is TheBloodGrinder.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Jun 26, 2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 821407)
We actually got a Wii U and this yesterday so I'll be completely awful but I'm down. This Saturday is a bit rough for me as well with SDQ2014 and CEO so this one may or may not happen but I'm down in general. I'll also have to see if i have a mic for my laptop, honestly not sure if I do or not. Haven't used skype in years and years, worse case I could hop into chat or something I guess?

Worst case, use skype on your phone. That's what I do, and it works fine.

OmagnusPrime Jun 26, 2014 11:07 AM

Updated the top post with a new layout which should encapsulate the information posted thus far. Also added some counters which take in local time to give a better sense of the upcoming gaming sessions and when they are (and to avoid me missing things like EDT or PFT or WFT and other silly timezone abbreviations).

Daravon: what's your NNID?

SailorDaravon Jun 26, 2014 08:02 PM

It's MrDaravon. Is your Nintendo Network ID name what your online tag is for the Wii U? I got it all set up last night and online and linked to my NNID which I had already created on 3DS, but I wasn't sure if the Wii U still had friend codes or whatever. Given that it took over an hour to download the required system updated when I first booted the system I'm not making any assumptions about how Nintendo still operates on the internet.

OmagnusPrime Jun 27, 2014 01:48 AM

I was able to add MrDaravon on my WiiU friends list, so you should have a pending request next time you fire up. And yes, the NNID is your gamertag for adding friends on the WiiU (though the name you appear as in games is different as you're listed as just Daravon in the friend list).

SailorDaravon Jun 27, 2014 07:13 AM

Okay, when I get home tonight I'll add some folks then.

Grundlefield Earth Jun 27, 2014 08:35 PM

Okay. Should be available. BahamutZ

Haven't played much lately, so be prepared for sucking. skype: bahamutzee

FatsDomino Jun 27, 2014 09:14 PM

I would also be down for this. Actually thought it might be tonight but hey if I'm around on Saturday (probably) this should be excellent!

OmagnusPrime Jun 28, 2014 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grundlefield Earth (Post 821439)

Good point on the Skype name add, I added you to my contact list so you should have a pending request.

For anyone interested my Skype name is: omagnusprime

Anyone going to be on Skype via PC for sure?

EDIT: So not sure if Philia will be joining alongside Daravon, but if she does we have a full 12 right now, and if not a solid 11 which is great. I realise a few people are maybes, but at this point it means that if the room is full I apologise, but this is great news and I'm more than happy to do these on other days (be that Friday nights, though that could end up being too late for me).

Philia Jun 28, 2014 08:29 AM

Yeah, I'll be up for mario kart shenanigans. Daravon is the one who have ISSUES with his schedule. Supposedly stupid tourneys and whatnot is going on all day or whatever.

I don't plan on "gaming" mario kart like I do with other games but I can pick up a wiimote and have fun with it. :3 If we're skyping, you'll probably see us both. ;D

And I totally respect Nintendo for allowing co-op while getting us both in multiplayer, which is awesome.

EDIT: I just noticed your countdown clock. I'll have you know that I'll be late to the party. I get off at 5 pm EST today from a small 5 hour shift.

OmagnusPrime Jun 28, 2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philia (Post 821446)
EDIT: I just noticed your countdown clock. I'll have you know that I'll be late to the party. I get off at 5 pm EST today from a small 5 hour shift.

That's fine, you should be able to join the game in progress (provided there's room). You should see whoever is hosting (probably me) with a little checkerflag next to them in the friends list and joining from there.

SailorDaravon Jun 28, 2014 11:12 AM

Philia is so mean D:

Today specifically is just awkward since it's CEO 2014 which is the last big tournament before Evo in a few weeks. Fighting game tournaments are the only competitive thing I really watch, so this is equivalent to playoff action today for me. That said I can probably hop on for at least a while, I'd mainly just want to catch the special events happening tonight at CEO which start at like 9 or 10 pm (4-5 hours after the proposed Mario Kart start time). Right at this moment I'm in the last dungeon in Persona 4 so I'm gonna try to wrap this up, then I'll get the Wii U situated and add some folks. Outside of the basic system setup and playing like 4 rounds of Mario Kart we still haven't touched the system, so expect us to be terrible. I'll have to move the laptop into the living room and see if I can get skype setup, I don't even have it installed on this machine. Worse case we can hop into chat I guess.

Related, is buying a Wii U Pro Controller worth it? We have the regular Wii Pro Controller, is it worth the additional expense? $50 for the Wii U one is a big jump in cost over the regular Wii one.

FatsDomino Jun 28, 2014 01:14 PM

Probably only if you want rumble and a 1 to 1 gamepad to controller experience. If you're comfortable with the Wii Pro Controller and don't care about rumble then just use that. It's Mario Kart.

SailorDaravon Jun 28, 2014 01:38 PM

To be clear it wouldn't be just for Mario Kart specifically, was asking for general purposes. I wasn't sure if there were new buttons that maybe just are completely not on the Wii one. In that case I'll leave it for now, I could see myself maybe picking one up for Bayonetta 2 or something though.

Also setting up all the Wii U stuff, goddamn the interface and finding out where shit is and how to navigate it is a goddamn mess. I'm sure it's a non-issue after a bit, but goddamn. It's also completely ridiculous how you have to launch Wii stuff through a separate Wii mode, which also means you have to deal with all the regular Wii pointer and menu jank. Right now I'm trying to download some Wii VC games I had codes for from old Club Nintendo stuff that I've been sitting on until we got a Wii U since we haven't had a Wii in forever (Mario RPG, etc) and I'd forgotten what a complete fucking wreck the Wii shop was with timeouts, being slow as shit, etc.

Good news is I beat Persona 4 (fucking finally, that game has been backlog white whale for nearly 6 years), and I'm getting the Wii U stuff taken care of right now then I'll see if I can get Skype on this. The audio/physical setup is going to maybe be a challenge though, we'll see.

OmagnusPrime Jun 28, 2014 01:58 PM

2 HOURS BEFORE GO TIME

Still need someone who'll be on Skype PC to offer to host, but we'll try and get that going a few minutes ahead of time. I'll be setting up the MK8 session so as long as you have meed added on the WiiU you should be able to join the game.

If anyone needs to add me on Skype: omagnusprime
On WiiU: Omagnus

SailorDaravon Jun 28, 2014 02:33 PM

Okay, I'm all set up and I added you on Skype Omagnus. As full disclosure I've used Skype twice in my entire life and not in probably at least 3-4 years. I also had a ton of problems getting my mic working with it properly, so I expect that side of things to be a potential shitshow and/or not working on our end, but we'll see how it goes. Philia gets off at 5 when this is supposed to start, I'll probably meet her when she gets off and I'm not sure if we're going to eat or anything first, so I'd expect us to be on anywhere from like 5:15-5:45? I honestly don't remember, if I can't get the mic stuff working on our end do group Skype calls have a text chat as well? Absolute worst case we'd be able to hear you guys and I could type if needed, and then over this coming week I'll try to get this set up properly if there is a problem.

I also sent friends request to everyone in the OP that had their NNID listed. This is the first Mario Kart I've played outside of one or two rounds of Wii/DS MK in over 10 years and I don't know if Angel's ever really played, so this ought to be a good time all around for us LOL. This seems like a cool idea for a weekly thing though and Philia seems to be down for playing so unless one of us is working we'll probably be able to make most of these, thanks for setting it up.

OmagnusPrime Jun 28, 2014 03:37 PM

Right, so I've managed to get my Astros hooked to my PC from across the room without issues, so I can host the Skype call on PC. Might mean I need to hop up and down to add people if needed, but should be fine. Will propose if you want in on the call, and to make life a little easier, connect in about 5 minutes early (ping me a message on Skype, or in IRC - use Omagnus to signal me there).

See you on soon peeps. :)

SailorDaravon Jun 28, 2014 04:54 PM

We just got home and are eating, should be on in ~10-15 minutes.

OmagnusPrime Jun 28, 2014 05:27 PM

Sorry about the timing on us wrapping up Daravon and Philia, but thanks to everyone who showed up.

So the plan will be to get people together the same time next week, unless anyone has a massive objection and wants to move the time a little. But I think that worked out well and was good fun (despite the blue/red shell fuckery XD).

SailorDaravon Jun 28, 2014 05:30 PM

No worries, timing was weird on our part today. Also just as well, gives us a week to actually play the game for more than 10 minutes and maybe not be completely terrible at it.

OmagnusPrime Jun 28, 2014 05:42 PM

That's OK, you'd be playing against Tritoch and he's terrible at everything. :p

Just as a heads up:

NEXT MK8 ONLINE EVENT

DATE/TIME:

SuperSonic Jun 28, 2014 07:22 PM

It actually didn't hit me until the FINAL RACE that I should've been recording this madness. Oh well, probably would've been better from Team Canada's point of view.

YouTube Video

The Plane Is A Tiger Jun 28, 2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmagnusPrime (Post 821459)
That's OK, you'd be playing against Tritoch and he's terrible at everything. :p

Hey now, I took second place in the first set of races we did. It was Skills getting SO MAD at the CPU players he asked us to turn on.

FatsDomino Jun 29, 2014 10:03 AM

My favorite part of this recording is how you guys all leave goodbye messages right as SD and Philia show up in the lobby.

SailorDaravon Jun 29, 2014 11:23 AM

Yeah, I was like oh they're probably having to remake the lobby or something.....oh.

It's fine though, we got on super late and we just played Mario U afterwards so it's all good.

The Plane Is A Tiger Jul 1, 2014 11:40 AM

I'm afraid I'll be out this weekend and likely the next several weeks unless we can move it back to around 2pm or so. I just got stuck with a client who works weekend late afternoons/nights.

Scent of a Grundle Jul 1, 2014 12:18 PM

I'm going to be in Winnipeg this weekend, which means i'll be away from my Wii U for the weekend. Also probably going to miss game night this week for the same reason.

THE POWER OF WATER Jul 1, 2014 03:09 PM

Sounds like you need to head over to Skills's place and go 2P online with him on Saturday. I'm sure that'll be a delightful experience you'll treasure forever.

OmagnusPrime Jul 1, 2014 06:53 PM

I have no problem moving it slightly earlier (by 2 hours in this case), but was trying to find a time that would work across the US, east to west coast.

Who else might be down for this weekend?

SailorDaravon Jul 1, 2014 07:39 PM

I'm 50/50 for this weekend. Following weekend definitely not as it's EVO weekend, but then most of my Saturdays should be clear for a good while after that.

Philia Jul 1, 2014 07:54 PM

Yeah, I'll be home after a long shift on Saturday at 4pm. Just in time to do some mario kart.

Scent of a Grundle Jul 2, 2014 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHz (Post 821682)
Sounds like you need to head over to Skills's place and go 2P online with him on Saturday. I'm sure that'll be a delightful experience you'll treasure forever.

I had begun considering this possibility, especially considering we're meeting for lunch already on Saturday. Just head home with Skills and play Mariokart for an afternoon.

The real question is, how likely am i to get back home if i get into a car with Skills?

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Jul 2, 2014 01:14 AM

We'll see what the plan is after lunch. I am looking at a work schedule and I might need a development meeting to take place on Saturday.

Or I might be able to push it to Sunday/Monday.

This depends on the contractor I'll be meeting with. Will fill you in, Hawkeye.

OmagnusPrime Jul 5, 2014 01:00 PM

Not sure who might be turning up today, but a few people seemed to suggest they'll be about. So that being the case, I'll be hosting the Skype and MK8 sessions again.

If you need to add me on Skype: omagnusprime

3 HOURS TO GO

SuperSonic Jul 5, 2014 04:20 PM

Streams available:

Let's Play some viderogams 'n' stuff

Twitch

THE POWER OF WATER Jul 5, 2014 07:42 PM

I've been playing a lot of online pub matches, including a whole week while most of you were trapped in a house somewhere or something. Sorry. :(

OmagnusPrime Jul 5, 2014 07:49 PM

Gives us a target to aim for. ;)

FatsDomino Jul 6, 2014 12:59 AM

That was a great session everybody! I saved the whole thing on my twitch channel.

Over 3 hours of footage!
AcerBanditGFF - Mario Kart 8: Time to Kart it Up! - Twitch
Karting it up with OmagnusPrime, BZ, SuperSonic, and CHz and then a plethora of characters join us on Skype. We're later joined by nuttyturnip, Colonel Skills, and Sousuke in the race for burger supremacy!

Also here's a fun little highlight on Grumble Volcano for OP:
"Does anyone know where shortcut is that opens up on the third lap?"

AcerBanditGFF - Found that shortcut you were looking for, OP. - Twitch
Still got 5th but yes toward the end of this video you'll see how in the third lap you can take a jump with a mushroom over where once stood a tall rocky area. Accidentally got it while spazzing out with a golden mushroom.

OmagnusPrime Jul 6, 2014 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acer Why (Post 822045)
Also here's a fun little highlight on Grumble Volcano for OP:
"Does anyone know where shortcut is that opens up on the third lap?"

AcerBanditGFF - Found that shortcut you were looking for, OP. - Twitch
Still got 5th but yes toward the end of this video you'll see how in the third lap you can take a jump with a mushroom over where once stood a tall rocky area. Accidentally got it while spazzing out with a golden mushroom.

Oh nice accidental find there Acer.

Also thanks for streaming, to you and Sonic, glad a few people were able to tune in and watch our Mario Kart shenanigans. Was really good fun.

SailorDaravon Jul 6, 2014 10:11 AM

Fantastic that these are being saved/streamed! As I mentioned before I will definitely be a no-show this coming Saturday (Evo weekend, Angel may or may not play though depending on what her schedule is), but after that I should be free for all these afterwards for the foreseeable future.

The Plane Is A Tiger Jul 8, 2014 04:58 PM

Good news! My weekend client already got himself fired today, so I'll be back in for karting on Saturday. That was even faster than I'd expected.

nuttyturnip Jul 8, 2014 05:05 PM

I guess you won't be karting that guy around anymore.

The Plane Is A Tiger Jul 8, 2014 05:07 PM

I'm glad that I won't have to shell out so much gas money to get over there anymore.

nuttyturnip Jul 8, 2014 05:26 PM

It's a shame the guy bob-ombed so badly. Maybe Banana Republic would be crazy enough to hire someone who's lost like eight jobs?

The unmovable stubborn Jul 8, 2014 05:37 PM

http://www.saxypunch.com/boo/boo.png this man.

OmagnusPrime Jul 10, 2014 11:39 AM

OK, so given EVO is going on this weekend what are the odds we'll actually get some people in for MK-time?

The Plane Is A Tiger Jul 10, 2014 11:46 AM

I don't really care about watching EVO, so I'll be around.

Tails Jul 10, 2014 12:33 PM

I'm not much for fighting tournaments, so I'd definitely be down.

Scent of a Grundle Jul 10, 2014 02:09 PM

I probably won't be watching much either, so count me in.

OmagnusPrime Jul 10, 2014 02:16 PM

Excellent, looks like we'll have a good few people on Saturday then. :D

FatsDomino Jul 10, 2014 04:29 PM

And I'm going to attempt to stream at 60FPS. Just got a new Avermedia ExtremeCap U3 that allows me to not only record at that speed but it has such low latency I don't even have to hook it up to a TV. I have a HDMI splitter in the event that I need to do that but I probably won't need it unless I'm playing a PS3 game.

AcerBanditGFF - Mario Kart 8: Testing new device - Twitch

Ignore the Nintendo Network error in that. I'm still messing around with my new router and haven't configured it with the correct ports yet.

OmagnusPrime Jul 10, 2014 05:24 PM

Looks great Acer, nice work.

SuperSonic Jul 10, 2014 05:36 PM

Yeah, that test looked like it did really well. I'd love to see how it handles 2+ hours on Saturday. I saw that capture device on Amazon, but stayed away since it only had 3 stars. What's your max upload speed?

FatsDomino Jul 10, 2014 07:37 PM

I upload to Twitch at about 2.5MB/s. I should be able to do a lot more than that however I try to keep it reasonable for viewers. It really depends on if Twitch and Verizon FiOS decide not to be assholes to each other that particular evening or not. Usually they play nice but I've had some bad nights where I just stop streaming because of too many dropped frames. However, I just added a nice ASUS router to handle most of the house's Internet. The Verizon router is only there for a VLAN to the ASUS router and for the TV set top boxes. I spent all of last night trying to pass all traffic to the ASUS router and have the Verizon router bridge back to use the Internet. No dice. Verizon somehow fused some shit that you used to be able to have separate for such a bridge. Oh well. A VLAN should hopefully work.

OmagnusPrime Jul 12, 2014 10:05 AM

Just a quick reminder that Mario Kart 8 time is on again today, in just about 6 hours time. As ever I'll put up the MK8 player session and also host the Skype call so if you want to be on either make sure you have me added on Wii U and on Skype. If you add on Skype (omagnusprime) let me know in the request message who you are.

OmagnusPrime Jul 12, 2014 02:09 PM

JUST UNDER 2 HOURS TO GO

I'll be firing up the MK8 lobby and Skype call in the 5-10 minutes ahead of time. If you want in on the Skype call ping me and IM and I'll add you.

Tails Jul 12, 2014 04:02 PM

GET ON FUCKERS

FatsDomino Jul 12, 2014 06:24 PM

Had a lot of fun, OP. Just about an hour of footage this time. The first 15 minutes were without audio from Skype and the game for some reason so I deleted that. Thankfully people in chat told me about it.

Anyway big thing for this week was Team racing. Pretty fun actually. Gives a new dynamic to the game having to be careful about hitting people on your team or sending out a blue shell if your teammate is in the lead.

AcerBanditGFF - Mario Kart 8: Aw yeah racing time! - Twitch
Running Mario Kart 8 at 60FPS on my new Avermedia ExtremeCap U3. When it runs it runs very well. I have it updated to the latest firmware so I have no idea why exactly it's screwing up every now and then. When it does that I have to unplug the USB3.0 cable to fix it. This isn't acceptable. I'll have to investigate why this is happening.

OmagnusPrime Jul 19, 2014 06:22 AM

So who's around for a bit of Mario Kart today?

Tails Jul 19, 2014 07:47 AM

It's me, I am Mario Kart today.

nuttyturnip Jul 19, 2014 08:49 AM

I look forward to more of Mo0 hitting his own teammates.

THE POWER OF WATER Jul 19, 2014 03:11 PM

I'll be around but probably like a half an hour to an hour after the start.

Tails Jul 19, 2014 03:59 PM

GET ONLINE, FUCKERS

OmagnusPrime Jul 19, 2014 06:15 PM

Great session again. Shame most of you couldn't live up the standard-bearer that was AI Wendy, but there's always next week. :p

THE POWER OF WATER Jul 19, 2014 06:20 PM

The champion of Daisy-Off '014: everyone who wasn't playing as Daisy.

The Plane Is A Tiger Jul 19, 2014 06:20 PM

Baby Daisy will haunt your dreams, and that's all that matters.

FatsDomino Jul 21, 2014 10:43 PM

I did an incredibly long test stream of Mario Kart 8 tonight to test out my Avermedia U3 device again. Finally got it working really really well.

AcerBanditGFF - Mario Kart 8: Testing capture device again - Twitch

It's got CHz!!!

He asked me to make a highlight of his ghost AI racer that stayed after he left for some reason. I also uploaded two other highlight reals to Youtube as well.

YouTube Video
CHz and I do pretty darn well on Royal Raceway, I tell you what.

YouTube Video
CHz and I get thwompy. That finish! ='D

YouTube Video
Ghost CHz tries his best on Mount Wario. Good job Nintendo Network!

Additional Spam:
Aw heck, let's make a Twitch highlight of races with CHz.

AcerBanditGFF - A wild CHz appears! - Twitch

After a very successful race CHz suddenly joins my session and crushes the competition from there on out.
I manage to do fairly well earning second place often enough to establish GFF supremecy.
Also briefly joining us are mini Hitler and Hank Hill. What fun!

THE POWER OF WATER Jul 21, 2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm a what? (Post 823018)
YouTube Video
CHz and I do pretty darn well on Royal Raceway, I tell you what.

Man, that bomb throw of yours at 0:15 is so perfectly timed, it looks like I'm driving out of a movie explosion.

Quote:

YouTube Video
CHz and I get thwompy. That finish! ='D

This is as close as it gets to being able to ^5 in MK8.

Quote:

YouTube Video
Ghost CHz tries his best on Mount Wario. Good job Nintendo Network!

So the story behind this, for everyone:

I left after we finished a race on Tick Tock Clock. Just hit the B button to back out, stayed in the online menu for a bit to check my W/L record against Acer, then backed out to the main menu and turned my console off.

But here's what happened from Acer's perspective: AcerBanditGFF - A wild CHz appears! - Twitch

My Mii, the blue guy with glasses who runs in on the left at 40:41, flies out to indicate I left the room, but then immediately runs back in from the right.

And then a CPU played as me in the next race, coming in last and losing me ranking points.

Get a load of that drunk-ass motherfucker trying to turn at 42:00. :(

FatsDomino Jul 22, 2014 12:16 AM

I was laughing so hard at that CPU's drunk driving I fell off the mountain twice! ='D

Grundlefield Earth Jul 23, 2014 10:02 AM

YouTube Video

OmagnusPrime Jul 26, 2014 05:03 AM

Hey all. Quick heads up that I might not be involved with Mario Kart time today as there's Destiny beta shenanigans going on (they have a timed event taking place which clashes). We'll have to see, but if I'm not around for MK time then would someone else be willing to host the call and game? (This of course assumes others are up for playing)

Tails Jul 26, 2014 07:48 AM

I'll be around and host today, since I'm likely going to miss next week.

nuttyturnip Jul 26, 2014 09:23 AM

There's four hour window for Destiny, and all you have to do is log in, right?

EDIT: Oh, you're talking about the moon mission. That's 5-7pm pacific, which is 3 hours after Mario Kart usually starts.

SailorDaravon Jul 26, 2014 10:37 AM

It's 5-7pm Eastern, not Pacific.

OmagnusPrime Jul 26, 2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuttyturnip (Post 823147)
EDIT: Oh, you're talking about the moon mission. That's 5-7pm pacific, which is 3 hours after Mario Kart usually starts.

Not according to the Bungie website, which says it'll be open for 2 hours under the section about what's on offer at 2pm PDT.

Tails Jul 26, 2014 05:49 PM

If you missed out today you missed the amazing Music Park Cup.

Also we need to start utilizing the thread tags more.

FatsDomino Jul 26, 2014 06:19 PM

I recorded up until I had to leave for dinner. Feel free to watch if you missed out and/or played Destiny instead like a shmuck.

AcerBanditGFF - Mario Kart 8: Everyone's playing Destiny for some reason - Twitch

Additional Spam:
A lovely highlight that made me laugh:

AcerBanditGFF - I'm sorry, CHz. - Twitch
"No, you're not." "I'm not."

Haha, I felt a bit bad at the time (skip to 55 seconds in to see what I'm talking about here) but sort of didn't too. Either my subconscious did it or I just lost my grip of the L shoulder button while holding the green shell back after a while. I didn't mean to hit CHz and since I didn't mean to do it I'm not sorry that I let go and did. At the same time I may really really have meant to do it too. So...

FatsDomino Jul 26, 2014 09:49 PM

AcerBanditGFF - Awful banana puns - Twitch
Tails wins Royal Raceway with an incredibly well-timed and well-placed banana toss.

OmagnusPrime Aug 2, 2014 07:19 AM

I'm not quite sure what my plans for this evening are right now, but I should be around for Mario Kart tonight. Who else is down?

Tails Aug 2, 2014 07:35 AM

I'll be around for about two hours and then I gotta dip to go to a BBQ.

nuttyturnip Aug 2, 2014 08:58 AM

I'm down. Tritoch probably won't be joining, as our dad is showing up at his place for a visit this afternoon.

Tails Aug 2, 2014 05:23 PM

DAISY, QUEEN OF MUSIC PARK

Additional Spam:
Also we need more participants so we can get like, a 10 man team battle going. Can you do team mode in battle? Cause that'd be hilarious. Bombs Only. GET SPOOKY

Little Brenty Brent Brent Aug 2, 2014 07:48 PM

I am not predictably available on Saturday afternoons, but I actually have the game now so I should be able to start showing up fairly soon. I think I've got plans next week, but the one after should be good.

The Plane Is A Tiger Aug 2, 2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tails (Post 823302)
DAISY, QUEEN OF MUSIC PARK

Suddenly very glad that I couldn't make it today.

OmagnusPrime Aug 3, 2014 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tails (Post 823302)
Can you do team mode in battle? Cause that'd be hilarious. Bombs Only. GET SPOOKY

No idea, but we can certainly find out.

OmagnusPrime Aug 9, 2014 06:39 AM

So are people around tonight for Mario Kart?

Tails Aug 9, 2014 10:12 AM

I am always down for KARTING. Kart is love, Kart is LIFE.

nuttyturnip Aug 9, 2014 11:30 AM

I'll be there with bells on.

THE POWER OF WATER Aug 9, 2014 06:07 PM

YouTube Video

15:47 <@CHz> Trying to find this one moment in the Toad's Turnpike battle when Omagnus and I threw bombs at each other simultaneously.
15:47 <+OmagnusPrime> and they hit in the air
15:47 <+OmagnusPrime> that was neat
15:47 <+OmagnusPrime> caught me though, which was annoying
15:47 <+OmagnusPrime> did it get you too?
15:48 <@CHz> Nope.
15:49 <+OmagnusPrime> of course
15:49 <+OmagnusPrime> damn you CHz
15:50 <+OmagnusPrime> XD

SuperSonic Aug 10, 2014 06:06 AM

In case anyone wants to relive yesterday's shenanigans, here they are:

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

OmagnusPrime Aug 15, 2014 02:08 PM

Just a reminder that I'm not around this weekend (family visit), so you'll have to sort yourselves out. Enjoy.

THE POWER OF WATER Aug 15, 2014 02:40 PM

SATURDAY, 5 PM EASTERN, KARTS

BE THERE OR BE A CHUMP

LURKER DON'T BE A CHUMP

DISS DON'T BE A CHUMP

Tails Aug 15, 2014 04:32 PM

BE KART OR BE DEAD

THE POWER OF WATER Aug 16, 2014 05:56 PM

Diss made it into one race before his router managed to disconnect everyone else from the game, so he is by the letter of the law no longer a chump.

lurker remains Queen High Chump of Chumptopia

Little Brenty Brent Brent Aug 16, 2014 06:09 PM

Neighbours on one side summarily executed; other side is a work in progress.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Aug 16, 2014 06:35 PM

Meanwhile, my neighbours wonder about the dick sucking status of those within my apartment.

Sarag Aug 16, 2014 07:44 PM

Endless chumping :(

Tails Aug 16, 2014 09:18 PM

Karty today literally the funnist shit

GELB FOREVER

Additional Spam:
Karty today literally the funnist shit

GELB FOREVER

SuperSonic Aug 16, 2014 10:14 PM

And here's today's shenanigans:

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

SailorDaravon Aug 16, 2014 11:58 PM

I'm so salty I keep missing these because I either forget or we've got work/errands (like today). Someone text me next week before it starts so I can remember and make an effort to get on. We've still only played the game for like 15 goddamn minutes :(

I also need to get my headset figured out on this laptop, have weird inconsistent problems with it. This does seem way better being on the skype call.

OmagnusPrime Aug 17, 2014 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 823546)
Someone text me next week before it starts so I can remember and make an effort to get on.

Does your phone do reminders and/or alarms? If so set one for the start time next week (or better yet, just beforehand) so you don't forget. Simples.

SailorDaravon Aug 17, 2014 06:30 AM

It does but my phone sucks and I can't make the calendar sound not the same notification sound as everything else on my phone that goes off all the time which I tend to ignore now, texts come in with something different.

If Tails or Skills loved me they would text me~

SailorDaravon Aug 18, 2014 10:48 AM

Skills says he's going to text me and I think I just got my mic setup on this laptop after being lazy about it for months. I should be good to go this Saturday barring anything crazy and unforeseen.

THE POWER OF WATER Aug 23, 2014 02:12 AM

My computer's in the shop getting a new trackpad so I'm not going to be as internetty as usual for a few days, but I'll be in game for our traditional Saturday afternoon Music Park joyrides, and I'm sure I can run Skype on one of the dodgier computers or computer-like objects in my possession.

OmagnusPrime Aug 23, 2014 09:25 AM

Good stuff. I am around again this week so will host things as normal. See people for Music Kart time.

Tails Aug 23, 2014 03:56 PM

KARTVENGERS ASSEMBLE

SailorDaravon Aug 23, 2014 03:58 PM

Gotta run across the street real quick (gotta go fast?), I should be on in 20-30 minutes, may or may not have skype in that room setup in time though.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Aug 23, 2014 04:51 PM

Ethernet adapter hasn't arrived yet; should be here Monday. Will be in for next week.

SailorDaravon Aug 23, 2014 06:03 PM

I usually have to pay good money to get that kind of ass fucking.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Aug 23, 2014 06:11 PM

Sandbaggin' all the teams every day there Daravon

SailorDaravon Aug 23, 2014 06:15 PM

To be fair on most races I was usually within a screen of one or more players most of the race and at the end. Once I had done a course once I wasn't really fucking up or falling off ledges or whatever, I just wasn't doing AS good as everyone, and in a full lobby someone's got to come in last.

I really need to do all of the cup stuff to unlock everything, I don't even have like 75% of the courses unlocked. Also have zero idea who I should be playing or with what kart stuff, I just picked Daisy and her default stuff.

Tails Aug 23, 2014 06:27 PM

Fucking DISGRACE to Team Daisy, Daravon.

SailorDaravon Aug 23, 2014 06:32 PM

Next week I'm gonna sandbag even harder and just blast Sandstorm on the call the whole time.

Additional Spam:
I just beat all of the cups on 50CC. Playing on my own and getting a feel for all of the courses as well as getting to mess around with different characters/parts is a huge help. Gonna keep playing it this week. I think I can not get last place next week!

Also I like how there's a ton of amazing stages in the game I never saw because you fuckers kept picking the music stage, what the fuck is wrong with you.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Aug 23, 2014 09:24 PM

You sound mad.

THE POWER OF WATER Aug 23, 2014 09:41 PM

Impressive mad showing after just one week. We may have to have an angry-off between you and Omagnus next week.

Tails Aug 23, 2014 09:51 PM

Confirmed mad as hell.

The team stacking today was hilarious as fuck, by the way. Someone needs to tell the game CHz and I can't be on the same team.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Aug 23, 2014 10:03 PM

Or that Dave and teams aren't a thing

SailorDaravon Aug 23, 2014 11:00 PM

Mad about losing no. Mad about the fucking music stage, kinda? Nothing compared to Omagnus raging at moo for betraying him repeatedly (which was hilarious).

Tails Aug 23, 2014 11:03 PM

That's what you get for not showing up last week. We played pretty much the full rotation because Omagnus wasn't around to Music Park troll.

SailorDaravon Aug 23, 2014 11:14 PM

So is that the reason you guys keep picking that level, he hates it? I'm not a big fan myself, but it's pretty whatever. It's also fairly short.

The Plane Is A Tiger Aug 24, 2014 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 823674)
Mad about losing no. Mad about the fucking music stage, kinda? Nothing compared to Omagnus raging at moo for betraying him repeatedly (which was hilarious).

Mo0 is the king of teammate murder.

SuperSonic Aug 24, 2014 08:19 AM

Playlist of everything thus far (I'll try to remember to add these for each upload from now on): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVwd...izGFc_oZr4fUuc

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

THIEF Aug 24, 2014 04:14 PM

In which of those youtube links, do I get to hear Omagnus being the most mad? Because that will be the youtube I will watch.

SuperSonic Aug 24, 2014 05:55 PM

The 2nd half of Part 6 and the 2nd half of Part 8.

Tails Aug 24, 2014 06:07 PM

SuperSonic reminiscing about past victories
Wherein Tails gloats at CHz over last second victories
Hit CHz with green shells no matter what
Is that Daravon or Diss?!?!?!?
A whole race where the shells go on strike
Mad about Dolphins
Blue and Green don't fucking make red, Nutty gets licked by cow, Chumped by Morton
Daravon doesn't understand controls; Mo0 makes terrible jokes
DAVE WHY (Skills Edition)
Omagnus realizes he is doomed

I still gotta do 7-9 but that's going to take a bit.

SailorDaravon Aug 24, 2014 06:23 PM

Skimming through some of those I'm realizing that you guys are right, Omangus is very angry a lot of the time.

Tails Aug 24, 2014 08:02 PM

DAVE WHY (Tails Edition), Infinity Gauntlet of Bullshit Items, Everyone loses to Baby Rosalina
Dave doesn't know who Hawkeye is, DAVE WHY (Skills Edition Part II)
Mo0 and Teamkilling
Omagnus gets screwed again
DAVE WHY (CHz Edition)
Omagnus on Teamkilling; Daravon with the sickest Mo0 burn ever

Listening through all this has me dying. Win or lose, I love playing with you guys. We are such amazingly hilarious jackasses.

SailorDaravon Aug 24, 2014 08:42 PM

Clearly this week I need to play as Baby Rosalina.

THE POWER OF WATER Aug 24, 2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papino (Post 823686)

I saved a replay of this, but unfortunately the camera angles on me and you were both totally bogus and didn't capture The Blue Shell With Zero Fucks Remaining.

Tails Aug 24, 2014 09:30 PM

Aw, bummer. :( That whole affair was so fucking great. Here I was, prepared to be screwed out of a hard earned 1st place position, only to have the blue shell go zooming past me on its merry way. Then the red shells stopped giving a fuck and it was a riot.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Aug 25, 2014 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papino (Post 823686)

Ahahahaha god, that was awesome.

"That Mii isn't smiling smugly enough for Diss."

CHz knows me too well.

OmagnusPrime Aug 25, 2014 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 823687)
Skimming through some of those I'm realizing that you guys are right, Omangus is very angry a lot of the time.

Incorrect. 'Mad' sure, 'irked' perhaps, but never angry. If I was angry I would not have continued playing. If it ever made me actually angry I would not bother coming back.

And it's real easy to be irked a lot of the time when you're continually getting hit by your team mates. Because Mo0 and nutty are terrible. ;)

Tails Aug 25, 2014 07:30 AM

I think my favorite is when Skills gets so mad that everything he says over Skype becomes incomprehensible. Omadnus is a close second though.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Aug 25, 2014 12:32 PM

Skills isn't comprehensible over Skype about 80% of the time even if he's not mad, though.

Philia Aug 25, 2014 03:04 PM

The tags in this thread makes it even more gold. :D

I'd LOVE to fucking play with you guys... if I can get a day off on a Saturday :(

SailorDaravon Aug 25, 2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmagnusPrime (Post 823695)
Incorrect. 'Mad' sure, 'irked' perhaps, but never angry. If I was angry I would not have continued playing. If it ever made me actually angry I would not bother coming back.

And it's real easy to be irked a lot of the time when you're continually getting hit by your team mates. Because Mo0 and nutty are terrible. ;)

Yeah, to be clear I think pretty much everyone (including me) is joking about people being mad. Irritated sure, but I don't think anyone is actually getting legit mad here. This was the most fun I've had playing games in months.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Aug 25, 2014 10:01 PM

^ Confirmed mad.

SailorDaravon Aug 25, 2014 10:07 PM

Nah, if we want to talk about me being confirmed mad let's talk about me playing Ranked in Ultra tonight. Holy fuck.

Sarag Aug 25, 2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team End Piece AND Team Shave (Post 823701)
Skills isn't comprehensible over Skype about 80% of the time even if he's not mad, though.

Yeah but he's at low levels of mad nearly 100% of the time, so does that even count?

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Aug 26, 2014 04:47 PM

AGAJLHAL;SHJA;SLHJ;ASHASF
ADSGHA;SHJASHASDJHAWIEHJSAMVC,XBNXM,Z

FUCK

http://s2.thcdn.com/productimg/0/600...796-361669.jpg

FUCK

http://s3.thcdn.com/productimg/0/600...673-879396.jpg

[size=A BILLION]FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK[ /size]

http://i.imgur.com/kLqIdj4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kmvOWP7.jpg

FUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK

OmagnusPrime Aug 26, 2014 04:49 PM

Awwww yeah, I'm down.

FatsDomino Aug 26, 2014 04:51 PM

i spot f-zero and excite bike

holy hell i don't even nintendo the smashing of other franchises begins i'm not sure i'm ready but i... i...

Tails Aug 26, 2014 05:19 PM

This actually sounds amazing. I haven't been this excited about DLC for a long time, this is awesome.

THE POWER OF WATER Aug 26, 2014 07:13 PM

Some decent reveals, but I don't see triple length N64 Rainbow Road in those pictures and that's disappointing.

value tart Aug 26, 2014 07:16 PM

not sure why everyone's so worked up about more filler tracks in between music parks

FatsDomino Aug 26, 2014 07:17 PM

That's in pack 3, CHz, which contains Captain Falcon, Samus (Zero Suit when on bikes), and Wiggler - also actual battle mode arenas and of course more neat karts like Samus's gunship and a uniracer.

The Plane Is A Tiger Aug 26, 2014 07:21 PM

Man, if they added actual battle mode arenas back in then this would officially become my favorite Mario Kart over N64.

For just a second when I first saw the little screen of that Wario city I thought it was a track for the live action Super Mario Bros. movie. Come on, Nintendo! Break down those barriers and give John Leguizamo some work.

FatsDomino Aug 26, 2014 07:24 PM

I like how there are already drawings of Isabelle in a bikesuit.

http://i.imgur.com/GSoXq6T.png

http://i.imgur.com/GwL2kSJ.png

Sousuke Aug 26, 2014 07:33 PM

Bleh, this post doesn't belong here. This entire page wasn't showing up and it was 'news'. Apparently Skills is already screeching about it.

nuttyturnip Aug 26, 2014 07:37 PM

I'm impressed they found 16 different ways to remix Music Park.

Sousuke Aug 26, 2014 08:54 PM

Okay, so a little more in-depth:

http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/img/d...hart-zelda.png

http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/img/d...c-chart-ac.png

http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/img/d...-packprice.png http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/img/d...-packbonus.png

http://i.imgur.com/HPfkDqY.png

Both packs for $12? I'm down.

The Mercedes-Benz stuff goes live on the same date (tomorrow), apparently.

SailorDaravon Aug 26, 2014 09:10 PM

why can't i hold all this music park

Also kinda a bummer about the May date for the 2nd pack, but I will buy this shit ASAP.

FatsDomino Aug 26, 2014 09:12 PM

Yeah, they timed this well so that they could include code for the Yoshi and Shy Guy colors for those that buy both packs. I can't believe I'm pre-ordering DLC but I will be doing this as soon as I can tomorrow.

Confirming this deal is for real. You can see it here:
Official Site - Mario Kart 8 for Wii U - Home

Additional Spam:
http://i.imgur.com/fhmtBIq.png

The other thought I'm having is about how they found the 4 cups on the Mario Kart 8 disc recently. The Yoshi egg is the only one of the bunch being used right now according to these two DLC packs. The most likely scenario is that these were simply place holder images for spacing an additional 4 cups on screen which is about all that can fit at the cups current size at the moment.

The crazier idea is that they intend to utilize each of these cups found on disc. That means we could potentially have 2 or more packs perhaps tying into other Nintendo franchises to make use of the unused shine sprite, boo, and blue shell cup icons. That could mean DLC packs for the next two years or more depending on how long they want to keep making content for Mario Kart 8. Who knows what else they might expand on for the game if they want people to keep playing it for that long.

But yeah it's more likely those were place holders for just these 4 cups and nothing more. But what if it's not? That'd be something.

SailorDaravon Aug 26, 2014 09:40 PM

For skills:

http://giant.gfycat.com/BowedGregariousHydra.gif

Also I haven't been following the announced Mercedes dlc coming tomorrow, but isn't there some sort of Mercedes online cup you can play or something starting tomorrow as well? Maybe that's what one of the icons is for?

FatsDomino Aug 26, 2014 09:48 PM

No, the Mercedes DLC is just a free promotion. You get three cars. That's it. The update also makes it so the game remembers your last Kart combination and changes the default selection from "View Highlight" to "Next Race". It also includes some fixes for online stability and other things. It's free. No Mercedes Cup. Just cars and game fixes. And code enabling extra Yoshi and Shy Guy colors for those that preorder both DLC packs.

Additional Spam:
Oh speaking of that update - servers for Mario Kart 8 have a maintenance window for the following tonight/tomorrow morning:

• Europe – 8.50am to 10am
  • UK – 7.50am to 9am
  • USA (EDT) – 2.50am to 4am
  • USA (PDT) – 11.50pm (Tues, August 26) to 1am
  • Japan – 3.50pm to 5pm

SailorDaravon Aug 26, 2014 09:56 PM

Mercedes-Benz cars confirmed for US version of Mario Kart 8 | Ars Technica

Quote:

Once the patch goes live—which, including the Mercedes cars, will be free—players will be able to participate in a "Mercedes Cup" tournament that will run until September 23. No details for the tournament have been announced, which leads us to believe that it will simply be a Mercedes-only option for online races as opposed to a competition backed by real-world prizes.

FatsDomino Aug 26, 2014 10:06 PM

My bad Daravon. You were sort of on to something. It's not exactly a new cup per say but there is a Mercedes Cup of sorts. It's just an online tournament that uses existing Mario Kart 8 courses in which you can only use the Mercedes cars.

http://i.imgur.com/2FKN4GD.jpg

Additional Spam:
The other thing to remember is that Mario Kart 8 will also have Amiibo support as an update in the future. Who the fuck knows what that is going to entail.

http://i.imgur.com/dc7LV4J.jpg

Nintendo could be supporting this game for a long time. After DLC pack 2 this game will have 48 tracks total. Another two packs like this and it would be up to 64 tracks. I don't even know what the hell they'd do to top that with Mario Kart 9. Then again with the potential success of these DLC packs and Smash Bros. You never know what the hell they might do with the franchise. It could eventually just turn into Nintendo Kart/Smash Kart. Not sure how that would affect brand recognition or change the game but we've clearly gone past a point of no return. ROB and Miis being in Mario Kart were fairly tame compared to this. Whatever happens here's what I do know - Music Park never ends.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Aug 26, 2014 10:51 PM

all the amiibos

gonna go so broke

awww yeah

THE POWER OF WATER Aug 27, 2014 02:39 AM

I wish I could take screenshots of MK8 in online mode, because I was pubbing earlier today and NINE of us random schlubs voted for Music Park. It was a beautiful moment.

map car man words telling me to do things Aug 27, 2014 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm a what? (Post 823719)
That's in pack 3, CHz, which contains Captain Falcon, Samus (Zero Suit when on bikes), and Wiggler - also actual battle mode arenas and of course more neat karts like Samus's gunship and a uniracer.

2WD and 4WD from Stunt Race FX

In SNES Super FX polygon glory pls

FatsDomino Aug 27, 2014 06:36 AM

Got both DLC packs and decided to show off Black Shy Guy driving something fancy.

YouTube Video

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.ne...zSXx7_0a4sxRR6

Additional Spam:
Meanwhile on CHz' miiverse...

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.ne...zSXa-_okUlPgSh

OmagnusPrime Aug 27, 2014 12:56 PM

I pre-ordered. I am now even more excited for November. More tracks, oh yes please.

THIEF Aug 27, 2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmagnusPrime (Post 823742)
I pre-ordered. I am now even more excited for November. More tracks Music Park, oh yes please.

Fixed. More accurate.

OmagnusPrime Aug 27, 2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THIEF (Post 823743)
Fixed. More accurate.

Ha ha, you right.

Fun fact: now there is a stats page it lists my favourite track. The game tells me my favourite track is Music Park.

Sousuke Aug 27, 2014 03:14 PM

I'm curious about the sudden fascination with Music Park. What happened there?

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Aug 27, 2014 03:48 PM

Sudden?

THE POWER OF WATER Aug 27, 2014 03:51 PM

My favorite course is currently Moo Moo Meadows, which is incredibly disappointing. :( :( :(

We must address this issue on Saturday.

nuttyturnip Aug 27, 2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHz (Post 823753)
My favorite course is currently Moo Moo Meadows, which is incredibly disappointing. :( :( :(

We must address this issue on Saturday.

By playing more Moo Moo Meadows.

The Plane Is A Tiger Aug 27, 2014 04:36 PM

I had a choice this week between working crazy late on Friday or missing Music Park. Nothing can stop the music (except for nationwide internet outages).

SuperSonic Aug 27, 2014 05:07 PM

Freakin preordered.

We should all race as Shy Guys and pick Shy Guy Falls for every race.

Tails Aug 27, 2014 05:10 PM

Favorite Course: 3DS Music Park
Favorite Character: Daisy

Like a fuckin true disciple

Sousuke Aug 27, 2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [UNWANTED GRUNTING] (Post 823751)
Sudden?

Okay, within the past month and a half.

Because I was in THE HOSPITAL.

THANKS FOR RUBBING SALT IN THE WOUND, YOU ASS. <3

Tails Aug 27, 2014 05:24 PM

There has only ever been Music Park. There will only. ever. be. Music. Park.

Additional Spam:
Can't wait for the day the DLC gets released. Whole slew of new tracks. First thing that gets picked is Music Park. Omagnus would be platinum mad.

OmagnusPrime Aug 27, 2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papino (Post 823759)
Can't wait for the day the DLC gets released. Whole slew of new tracks. First thing that gets picked is Music Park. Omagnus would be platinum mad.

False. Music Park is my favourite track so I would, in fact, be platinum happy.

Sarag Aug 27, 2014 06:57 PM

If you're so happy, why are you yelling D:<

OmagnusPrime Aug 28, 2014 01:34 AM

Who's yelling? I see no caps-lock shenanigans here.

nuttyturnip Aug 29, 2014 08:15 AM

Nintendo is such a dick. The new update adds icons for all the new DLC characters/tracks, but of course if you pick them, all you get is an ad telling you to wait until November/May. That's like if Cody took pictures of all the food he was going to cook at Meet 2015, then somehow uploaded them to our computers as desktop icons which link to a webpage of Cody eating the food whilst flashing a middle finger at us.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Aug 29, 2014 09:03 AM

you sound mad about it

Sarag Aug 29, 2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmagnusPrime (Post 823771)
Who's yelling? I see no caps-lock shenanigans here.

YOU'RE YELLING

IN MY HEART <3

OmagnusPrime Aug 30, 2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literally (Post 823789)
YOU'RE YELLING

IN MY HEART <3

<3

So for tonight's Mario Kart shenanigans are we doing anything with the new ShyGuy/Yoshi colours or Merc cars? I have had a play and found a setup I like with Roy using one of the new Merc karts. But if we were going to do a "all the ShyGuy colours" session I'd be OK with this.

Tails Aug 30, 2014 10:35 AM

Man there needs to be a way to manually sort teams. TEAM YOSHI VS TEAM SHY GUY

OmagnusPrime Aug 30, 2014 10:50 AM

Oh man, that'd be great. Shame that is not a feature in there yet.

Tails Aug 30, 2014 10:58 AM

We can still do it, you just sabotage the members of your team if they aren't rockin' the appropriate character.

nuttyturnip Aug 30, 2014 11:05 AM

The game breaks down points individually, so all it requires is some basic math skills.

SailorDaravon Aug 30, 2014 02:55 PM

Are we actually for real doing all shy guys are yoshis? I haven't bought the DLC yet, but I can make a point of doing so if I'm the only one out or anything.

Also Philia, who has still only played this game for like 5 minutes ever and hasn't played Mario Kart in general really, just sat down and is now playing 150cc Grand Prix so she can see this "Music Park" level.

You guys are bad influences.

Philia Aug 30, 2014 03:02 PM

LOL, I finally got time to play this with you guys. Hope you don't rage at me too much for sucking so much. I'm playing to see how the races look. :D

OmagnusPrime Aug 30, 2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 823809)
Are we actually for real doing all shy guys are yoshis? I haven't bought the DLC yet, but I can make a point of doing so if I'm the only one out or anything.

Probably not, I imagine people will still want to play as their favoured characters (Roy's my boy after all). I wouldn't rush out to buy DLC if I were you.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Aug 30, 2014 06:08 PM

::furious divorcing noises::

SailorDaravon Aug 30, 2014 06:34 PM

Eating ice cream right now, so it's all good.

Can any of the good people in here post their exact character/kart builds. Mentioned this in the post-game chat, but I'm often baffled at my placing. I will do a race not fucking up or fucking up only once, hit most of the drifts/ramps with boosts but then finish dead last and not see anyone. I'm less annoyed and more just confused, especially since I know I should be better than that. Also seeing people just blow past me pretty often, moreso then I think is accountable for just with slipstreaming or mushrooms, so I'm wondering if I've just build my kart totally wrong, at least for my current skill level or something.

Philia is pretty hooked now, she's playing solo. She had fun but was pretty unhappy with coming in last most of the time because she didn't know the courses, so she seems to be getting down to it now lol. Also the vertical split screen is complete bullshit, for real real. I could mostly compensate when we were doing the regular courses that I knew most of, but mirror mode kept fucking me.

And everyone wasn't kidding, battle mode is garbage in this game. What were they thinking?

OmagnusPrime Aug 30, 2014 06:39 PM

We play Frantic mode so you have to remember that you're always a few seconds away from a good old item-fucking. That can play heavily into randomly ended up at the back or losing places right at the last moment.

As for Kart build, if I qualify as one of the good people then here is what I have set up:
- Character: Roy
- Body: W 25 Silver Arrow (from the new Merc set)
- Wheels: Wood
- Glider: Clouds

I did previously use Roy with Landship and White Off-Road wheels, which was a more even balance.

Tails Aug 30, 2014 06:48 PM

Character: DAISY
Body: Sport Bike
Wheel: Cyber Slick
Glider: Plane

Totes basic but it works.

Additional Spam:
YouTube Video

SuperSonic Aug 30, 2014 10:26 PM

Character: True_Blue (Mii)
Body: Yoshi Bike
Wheel: Cyber Slick
Glider: Cloud Glider

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

THIEF Aug 31, 2014 09:54 AM

So my month of doing all my teaching certification is pretty much done so I can play video games again. I just have to proofread my portfolio and hit submit. It's labor day weekend also so I wanted to treat myself and buy myself a Wii U.

My September is pretty busy and most my Saturdays are booked with weddings and concerts so wouldn't be able to join you guys for weekend Mario Kart until October most likely. I presume you guys will still be playing, especially with the announcement of the awesome DLC packs. I learned that Nintendo has a Super Mario 3D World Bundle on September 15 so contemplating holding off until then. Sadly they are out of the Mario Kart 8 Bundle. Although I am also impatient and was considering the Wind Waker Bundle or the New Super Mario Bros U/New Super Luigi U Bundle as well. They are all $299.

Worth the wait? I haven't played Wind Waker or Super Mario/Luigi U. This is my first new console purchase since PS2.

The Plane Is A Tiger Aug 31, 2014 10:11 AM

If you've never played Wind Waker then you should definitely go with that bundle. It's not my favorite Zelda, but it's still pretty great and has a ton of side stuff to do. Might as well grab that now so you can buy Mario Kart on its own and start practicing Music Park.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Aug 31, 2014 10:35 AM

Fuckin nope, ignore Tritoch.

3D World is seriously one of the top tier Mario games (like Galaxy good) and is overall really fucking special.

That said, Walmart is getting a new exclusive Kart 8 bundle at the same time frame, so go with that:

Super Mario 3D World, Walmart Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundles by mid-September | Joystiq

The Plane Is A Tiger Aug 31, 2014 10:59 AM

Of course 3D World is amazing, but if he wants to have the Wii U this weekend before he gets super busy throughout September he can always buy that separately later instead of waiting 2 weeks to get anything. Hyde should get both anyway since he never played Wind Waker on Gamecube either.

SailorDaravon Aug 31, 2014 11:05 AM

I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume that my expedition to find the road has (or will be) ill-fated.

Tails Aug 31, 2014 09:00 PM

Music Park amuses the fuck out of Philia
What are jokes? Does anyone here know what a joke is?
Tails gets a Blue Shell in third, Omagnus suffers
A plethora of unfunny jokes
Tails gets a visitor
Omagnus is still mad about Teamkilling
[INCOMPREHENSIBLE SKILLS NOISES]
"This is not the road"
Phrasing / Philia still amused by Music Park
Red Team collectively forgets how to win; SURPRISE DAISY
[INCOMPREHENSIBLE GELB NOISES] (and the best come from behind victory ever, previous race was 132-114)

Will do 6-9 later. I like how CHz SuperSonic absolutely can't believe that come from behind victory. I want to set that fucking "WHAT?" as my text message alert. So fucking good.

THE POWER OF WATER Aug 31, 2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papino (Post 823844)

Here's what Skills was reacting to:

YouTube Video

I fired a green shell backward and hit Tails, knocking him out of second and allowing Skills and BZ to pass him.

That man gets kind of loud sometimes.

Sousuke Aug 31, 2014 10:47 PM

"Kind of" loud.

THIEF Sep 1, 2014 01:03 AM

So Gamestop doesn't have any Wind Waker bundles (and it was a download copy and not a physical disc) so I am going to wait for the Super Mario 3D World Bundle. Unfortunately, NYC has no Walmarts and the closest is in New Jersey and I would need a car. I'm just going to be patient but I'm sure grabbing and console and a killer app for $300 will be worth the wait.

FatsDomino Sep 1, 2014 01:34 AM

As someone who has had to chump out the past few weeks that sounds pretty chump, Hyde. (buy a wii u whenever)

Gonna just dump this adorable shit here:

http://i.imgur.com/8ejOkvu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IiFHq3S.jpg

Tails Sep 1, 2014 04:38 PM

CHz is a dirty cheater who gets Blue Shells in second place; Omagnus is mad about Team Killing again
[RANDOM SKILLS LAUGHTER]
Mo0 is always eating
[WHATUP INTENSIFIES]
Mo0 is mad about origin stories
[INCOMPREHENSIBLE GELB NOISES PART II]

I don't even know what that noise Skills was making at the end was about but it's great.

Grundlefield Earth Sep 2, 2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHz (Post 823845)
Here's what Skills was reacting to:

YouTube Video
I fired a green shell backward and hit Tails, knocking him out of second and allowing Skills and BZ to pass him.

That man gets kind of loud sometimes.

That Donk sure has speed. Plus a little love tap.

Not watched many replays, but there was a lagged reaction there from getting hit by the green shell. Seemed to go right through him and then he got hit a second later. :tpg:

SailorDaravon Sep 3, 2014 10:33 AM

Philia and I played a bunch of this last night (and today). Literally 30 fucking seconds into the first race the words "divorce game" were said out loud.

Tails Sep 6, 2014 12:10 AM

<MUSIC KART 8i

http://i.imgur.com/L1whEK0.png

http://i.imgur.com/83ZrRwc.png

SailorDaravon Sep 6, 2014 07:27 AM

I find your lack of Music Park on those screens...disturbing.

Tails Sep 6, 2014 08:32 AM

What? Shut up Daravon.

SuperSonic Sep 6, 2014 08:48 AM

My God, it's spreading!

Tails Sep 6, 2014 09:37 AM

CHz and I were pubbing it up for a couple of hours last night and apparently pubbies fucking love Music Park. It's a riot. CHz also learned a valuable lesson in that Mushrooms > Horn.

I'm sad I didn't save any replays, there was some funny ass shit there, like that time we were in 1st/2nd and both got thwomped at the same time trying to take the short route in Thwomp Ruins. Drunk Kart Best Kart.

[23:14] <@Tails> i like how there's two bowsers
[23:15] <@CHz> What a poser
[23:15] <@Tails> DO:PHINS
[23:15] <@Tails> YEAAAHHHHHHHHH
[23:15] <@CHz> ^

[23:22] <@CHz> Still chumping the hell out of this Brian guy with 4000
[23:22] <@Tails> ^
[23:22] <@Tails> vbet you he is mad as thit
[23:23] <@Tails> "who is this fudfe withg like 1100 kickingmt ass"
[23:23] <@Tails> ME BITCH
[23:26] <@Tails> ahahaha
[23:26] <@Tails> did i hit you with that bomb
[23:26] <+Air_Wreck> where's dull with the non sequitur?
[23:26] <@Tails> in the second lap
[23:26] <@CHz> Nope
[23:26] <@CHz> I SAW THAT
[23:26] <@Tails> man i got somebody
[23:26] <@Tails> it was AWESOME
[23:26] <@CHz> Did you take that drift wider on lap 3 just to banana me
[23:26] <@Tails> hahahah yes
[23:26] <@Tails> fucvk you

[23:27] <@CHz> Ahaha Brian quit
[23:27] <@CHz> Confirmed mad.

[23:31] <@CHz> Also the start of that race was the funniest shit.
[23:31] <@CHz> ::me boosting and driving straight::
[23:31] <@CHz> ::right side of the screen, you immediately swerving into the guy in first::

[23:46] <@CHz> whoops comm error
[23:46] <@Tails> lol
[23:47] <@CHz> Okay back spectating
[23:47] <@CHz> Current racers: Roflfox, Connor, 9 people named Player
[23:49] <@Tails> AH
[23:49] <@Tails> FUCK YOU CONNOR
[23:49] <@Tails> took 1st in your memory chz
[23:49] <@CHz> lmao
[23:49] <@Tails> rip[ comm error

[00:07] <@CHz> Ahahahaha we BOTH got Whomped lap 3
[00:07] <@CHz> That was beautiful
[00:07] <@Tails> lmao dounle thwomp
[00:07] <@Tails> ^^^^^^
[00:07] <@Tails> so fucking stupd

[00:19] <@Tails> ahahaha
[00:19] <@Tails> thayt fucking first lap
[00:19] <@Tails> i waited until i got up from 8th to throw that red shell at you
[00:19] <@Tails> fucking lmao
[00:19] <@CHz> AHAHAHAHA
[00:19] <@CHz> You're awful.

[00:35] <@Tails> MSURHOOMS BITCH
[00:35] <@CHz> 8|
[00:35] <@Tails> ahahahah
[00:35] <@Tails> i saw you
[00:35] <@Tails> and your fuckin horn
[00:35] <@Tails> fuck you
[00:35] <@CHz> Ahahahaha
[00:35] <@CHz> "yeah let's see you hit me fucker"
[00:35] <@CHz> ".................oh"
[00:35] <@Tails> ^^^^^^^^ dying

[00:47] <@Tails> ahahahah
[00:47] <@Tails> those red shwells
[00:47] <@Tails> IT WAS ME
[00:47] <@Tails> FUCK YOU
[00:47] <@CHz> 8|

Tails Sep 6, 2014 02:15 PM

Pubbing it up, the race where CHz and I both lost because we spent the whole time hitting each other with shells:

YouTube Video

The race where I spent the entire time chasing CHz (like always) and burn him on the last turn because fuck your Horn:

YouTube Video

FatsDomino Sep 6, 2014 05:30 PM

Just had to stop playing. Skills just arrived. Almost full group this week. I think we've had 13 or 14 different people if you count diss attempting to get his Wii U to connect.

Anyway here's the stream recording on hitbox:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/249758

Little Brenty Brent Brent Sep 6, 2014 05:50 PM

My ill-fated expedition to find the internet

SailorDaravon Sep 6, 2014 06:26 PM

:tails cracking up intensifies:

Tails Sep 6, 2014 06:28 PM

I'm sorry you don't find life as amusing as I do.

SuperSonic Sep 6, 2014 06:36 PM

Unfortunately, no videos this week. I was testing hitbox last night for my PC games, when I switched back to my capture card I didn't set the audio up correctly so all you hear is me talking. :(

I'll try to fix it next time, but acer recorded some of it on his hitbox channel (http://www.hitbox.tv/acerbandit).

Also, I'll be unable to make it the last two Saturdays of September due to beach travel.

Edit: Okay, now I'm really not sure what happened. I just did a test recording without changing any settings and it picked up both my mic and the game sound just fine. Maybe Skype messed up something?

THE POWER OF WATER Sep 6, 2014 06:39 PM

I'm going to miss the next couple of weeks, on account of being out of the state and then out of the country!

Make sure to run the Music Park Cup without me.

SailorDaravon Sep 9, 2014 06:48 PM

Holy shit why did none of you fuckers tell me that Toad IS THE BEST. He sounds hilarious, and is always just so fucking psyched to even be racing. What sealed the deal was when I saw his boost pad trick where he plays peek-a-aboo, I lost my goddamn mind the first time I saw it in slo-mo. It still randomly cracks me up 2 days later, still trying to find a gif of it or something. His speed is obviously kind of shit, so I go for maximum hilarity and use the airship with him which has terrible speed but has insane acceleration and handling. I actually seem to do alright with it, playing online with randoms I usually get top 2 or 3 with it. I don't expect to be pulling out 1st place finishes with it, but it's so funny to me I don't even care.

All that aside, is anyone going to be on this weekend? I'm going to be going in hard on Destiny, but I can make time for this on Saturday if folks are actually going to be around. Me and Philia are playing this on almost a daily basis and getting better. The salt that comes from both of us playing it when it's not with you guys is hilarious. Maximum Divorce Game.

Tails Sep 9, 2014 07:32 PM

Dude Toad has always owned. His IIIII'M THE BEST from Mario Kart 64 (and everything else about Toad in MK64) is still one of the greatest things to come out of Mario Kart.

YouTube Video

I know I'll be around this weekend for sure.

nuttyturnip Sep 9, 2014 08:19 PM

There's not a road in Destiny, so I'll be in MK.

SailorDaravon Sep 9, 2014 09:43 PM

Okay, I'll make a point of getting on. I'll set an alarm, you may need to remind me as well though Tails since I'm 100% sure I'm going to be in a Destiny group at that point. I'm pretty sure Philia will be home in time for it as well.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Sep 9, 2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 823941)
Me and Philia are playing this on almost a daily basis and getting better.

Can you beat the diarrhea twins now?

That's sort of the kindergarten "I can press the accelerator button" test.

It's kind of a low bar.

The Plane Is A Tiger Sep 9, 2014 11:31 PM

Hey now. Mo0 and Nutty are the low bar. I'm more like low-mid bar.

You have to press the accelerator button and take turns without hitting the wall to beat me.

OmagnusPrime Sep 10, 2014 01:23 AM

Not sure, since the weekend is prime co-op time for Destiny I might make this week and exception and go do that. That said if Skills and Mo0 want to spend an hour or so doing MK I'm perfectly fine with that too. So yeah, unsure right now what I'll be doing.

nuttyturnip Sep 10, 2014 07:10 AM

If you play Destiny, I'm just going to narrate your adventures and annoy Mo0 to no end.

OmagnusPrime Sep 10, 2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuttyturnip (Post 823952)
If you play Destiny, I'm just going to narrate your adventures and annoy Mo0 to no end.

And? You appear to have grossly over-estimated the extent to which Mo0's annoyance levels have any bearing on my decision making process.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen Sep 10, 2014 12:17 PM

Or anyone's decision-making process.

*creaks chair slowly*

Philia Sep 10, 2014 01:47 PM

I'm getting better at drifting. I still hit the wall on occasion when I forget to drift earlier (kart). Its more or less trying to remember the bends in the track. There's a couple of bends that I STILL fail without question no matter what I do. I just need to look up on how to bypass those or make the turns better.

SailorDaravon Sep 10, 2014 02:06 PM

Literally the only thing stopping me from 3-starring everything is Music Park on 150cc, the computer has outright fucked me in ways that were impossible to get out of on the last lap 4 times in a row now. The irony does not escape me.

Tails Sep 10, 2014 04:01 PM

Just play Bowser on a tiny bike. It's impossible to lose 150/Mirror. Trust me, I did it. It's somehow more bullshit than the AI's bullshit.

THE POWER OF WATER Sep 10, 2014 04:22 PM

STOP GIVING AWAY MY SECRETS TAILS

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Sep 11, 2014 08:07 AM

You can also tap the brake in the middle of a drift to avoid taking it too wide.

Don't let off the gas though, that'll kill the sparks. brakes plus gas though will get the job done.

SailorDaravon Sep 13, 2014 03:54 PM

We'll be on but just maybe 5-10 minutes late.

Tails Sep 13, 2014 03:58 PM

Well the room's up since I'm not sure if Omagnus and the others plan on breaking. Just a matter of waiting to see who shows today.

ps don't be a chump

SailorDaravon Sep 13, 2014 04:19 PM

Oh boo, you guys are full? How did we go from no one being on because of Destiny to being full :(. We're out then, I bailed on people I was playing Destiny with to get on, our fault for being late.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Sep 13, 2014 05:29 PM

Yeah, I couldn't get a hold of anyone and thus missed it too; I'm glad there's a large enough crew to maintain interest after this long.

Tails Sep 13, 2014 05:33 PM

Says the guy who messaged me on Skype at 5:23, well after we had gotten started. Also it's not like I have a cell phone that's on my person 24/7 because of my job or anything.

FatsDomino Sep 13, 2014 05:34 PM

CHz misses out on karting and Tails takes his place in wrecking fools. OP gets mad at Skills as usual. Taco joins Dave's bald representation. Another good Saturday of racing!

Today's session:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/257441

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Sep 13, 2014 05:35 PM

I tried calling many different people on skype for over half an hour, but it is fine if you want to bullshit about it too. :shrug:

Tails Sep 13, 2014 05:38 PM

http://i.imgur.com/4N4OU30.png

That said, Skype's notifications are awful and you're probably better off just calling me.

The Plane Is A Tiger Sep 13, 2014 05:40 PM

Or just join the Mario Kart room and you get a Skype invite almost immediately.

SuperSonic Sep 13, 2014 09:00 PM

Here's what I've got so far. The rest will finish uploading later tonight (may not be posted until morning).

Just a reminder, I'll unfortunately miss the next two weeks due to beach vacation. I'll be traveling up next Saturday and then traveling back the following Saturday. You guys have fun and maybe Acer or someone else can take care of recording duties. ;)

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

SailorDaravon Sep 13, 2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Plane Is A Tiger (Post 823987)
Or just join the Mario Kart room and you get a Skype invite almost immediately.

If the room was full how would that work? I had the same problem. I also messaged fox on skype with no response. I think he hates me :(

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Sep 13, 2014 10:52 PM

http://colonelskills.belkanairforce..../FuckSkype.jpg

Me and Daravon can be Team Getting Ignored :(

Tails Sep 14, 2014 12:01 AM

Hahaha, you're forgiven. For reals though y'all have my phone number. Skype sucks at notifications. My Galaxy S5 is insanely loud. Shoot me a text or call me.

e: my irc highlight is also a pretty good way to get my attention

OmagnusPrime Sep 14, 2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 823990)
If the room was full how would that work? I had the same problem.

Room wasn't full until a solid 10+ minutes in. So there was ample opportunity for someone to just join the MK lobby and then get added to the call (as a bunch of people did).

If the room is full pinging Tails or me via actual phone message, IRC ding-dong or some other way is the best way forward. As Tails says, Skype notifications suck so not even remotely worth it. And if it happens regularly we're clearly going to have to look at how to cycle people in and out.

Scent of a Grundle Sep 14, 2014 05:48 PM

Odd that my voice is apparently totally missing from the recordings. Could no one seriously hear me all game?

nuttyturnip Sep 14, 2014 07:11 PM

I heard you.

Tails Sep 14, 2014 08:31 PM

Taking a break for IRC
Skills fails at MK, Omagnus gives a lecture
Whistling with Dave
Dave is pregnant?
Mo0 still can't count to two
Dickspin.jpg (literally like a minute and a half discussion about Meatspin)
Mount Wario: Bad jokes. Bad jokes everywhere.
Mo0 is mad, we don't love nutty
Taco out of nowhere

THE POWER OF WATER Sep 14, 2014 10:27 PM

Return of the blue shell that doesn't give a fuck (watch it on the map)

Sousuke Sep 15, 2014 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSonic (Post 823989)
Just a reminder, I'll unfortunately miss the next two weeks due to beach vacation. I'll be traveling up next Saturday and then traveling back the following Saturday.

But wait Meet isn't until June

Tails Sep 15, 2014 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHz (Post 824065)

Lmao, it wouldn't done anything at that point anyway. I had crossed the finish line and had Dave fire it too early.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Sep 15, 2014 07:29 AM

It's supposed to go for the guy who is furthest up who hasn't crossed the line yet, though.

Tails Sep 15, 2014 11:06 AM

I still hadn't crossed the finish line when it passed Sonic. In reality it should have just hit me after I crossed (it passed me a second or two after I finished) but it probably glitched for a second lap. Either way it still wouldn't have changed anything. I don't think Blue Shells turn around that late into their run.

I had Dave fire it early not realizing how far ahead of everyone I was (or how quick it'd get to me before I crossed the line).

Wall Feces Sep 15, 2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papino (Post 824077)
I had Dave fire it early not realizing how far ahead of everyone I was (or how quick it'd get to me before I crossed the line).

Next time, man. Next time. Dynasties don't happen overnight. Unless they do, in which case ignore what I just said.

FatsDomino Sep 15, 2014 04:33 PM

In Mario Kart 8 it's not really a dynasty unless there's a Dave. He'll judge you based on your color of your not-dynasty.

SuperSonic Sep 15, 2014 04:58 PM

Tails: "HAHA! Blue shell!" DENIED!!
THAT'S ME!!
2nd freakin blue shell in a row...AGAIN
Victory

Tails Sep 21, 2014 01:23 PM

This is what happens when I have a Super Horn and don't know that Diss has one too (about 17 seconds in).

YouTube Video

Little Brenty Brent Brent Sep 21, 2014 02:47 PM

Alternatively: what happens when I have a super horn and don't know that Tails has one too.

SuperSonic Oct 1, 2014 07:25 PM

Work bribed me to come in on Saturday morning for some testing after a server upgrade, but I'll get a vacation day out of it.

They said it'll take about 3 hours unless we run into something. I should be done by noon in that case, but if it goes WAYYYYYYYY beyond that I might have to chump out again.

That is if there are people still playing considering Smash 3DS drops this Friday.

THE POWER OF WATER Oct 1, 2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSonic (Post 824375)
That is if there are people still playing considering Smash 3DS drops this Friday.

That sounds like the second-worst reason to chump out of MK8 (the worst being Destiny).

Tails Oct 1, 2014 08:39 PM

I'm fine with y'all just accepting that you'll never be as good as Daisy and moving on. It's okay.

FatsDomino Oct 1, 2014 08:55 PM

What happens if we all choose Daisy?

Tails Oct 1, 2014 09:04 PM

No it's too late for that, there can be only one Daisy.

SuperSonic Oct 1, 2014 09:37 PM

Baby Daisy would disagree.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Oct 2, 2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE POWER OF WATER (Post 824376)
That sounds like the second-worst reason to chump out of MK8 (the worst being Destiny).

Mortal Kombat 8 is out already?

Tails Oct 2, 2014 05:29 PM

http://i.imgur.com/6Ms2dbR.gif

e: Additionally, the 8th Mortal Kombat game came out in 2008, so Shin is, as usual, way behind the times.

THIEF Oct 4, 2014 01:15 PM

I friended everyone on the first post of this thread. I'll be online at 5 pm EST to join the shenanigans. It will be my first time playing the Wii U online so we'll see how this goes.

Tails Oct 4, 2014 10:50 PM

Good work to all who turned out today, even if it was a short session. Hopefully Sonic got the part he was around for, there was some good stuff in there.

(Daisy is #1)

SuperSonic Oct 5, 2014 07:39 AM

Ask and ye shall receive. Unfortunately, I'll have to chump out again this coming Saturday due to an anime convention. You kids have fun!

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

THIEF Oct 5, 2014 01:06 PM

So I logged in at around 5 and tried to join but ended up running a million errands. Was busier than I anticipated. Do I just click on the friends list profile and hit "join game" to get in on the sessions? I tried that out to no avail. Also, who typically hosts (does that matter?) First timer so still trying to get the hang of things.

The Plane Is A Tiger Oct 5, 2014 01:28 PM

Pick Online from Mario Kart's main menu, and after you choose friends it'll show a flag next to anyone who's hosting a room. It's usually Omagnus or sometimes Tails.

SailorDaravon Oct 5, 2014 08:48 PM

Damn, I would have gotten on. I had been led to believe it wasn't happening this weekend due to people being gone and Smash coming out. Speaking of which, is Smash a thing for you guys or what? I have a rental of it on the way because I had a free slot open at Gamefly and a window here with nothing else coming out, but Smash has never really been my thing. I loved the ridiculous story mode in Brawl (and it's exclusion in this one took the game completely off my radar), but I have played a total of about 8 hours across all Smash games in my life.

The Plane Is A Tiger Oct 5, 2014 09:00 PM

Smash is a thing, but we haven't done any set times for it. Same as with Theatrhythm it's just been something to follow up Karting.

SailorDaravon Oct 5, 2014 09:03 PM

I'll make a point of being around next week then, I'm all about getting some Theatrhythm in if nothing else. Just curious if Smash was catching on with you guys, seems like people mostly love it, but seeing hilariously inconsistent reports about the online being either awesome or total shit. I figure I'll just mess around with it for a day and send it back probably.

Tails Oct 5, 2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 824418)
Damn, I would have gotten on. I had been led to believe it wasn't happening this weekend due to people being gone and Smash coming out.

This is a poor excuse for chumping. It would have taken you all of like, maybe a minute to hit the power button on the wii u gamepad, bring up your friends list and OH HEY EVERYONE IS ON KART

Note that my participation for the next few weeks may or may not happen. I'll be at home and have my Wii U with me this coming weekend and the 25th, but I might be busy with family/friends. The 18th for sure I won't be around, since Kart runs at the same time as the Miku concert.

OmagnusPrime Oct 6, 2014 01:17 AM

Yeah I won't be around this coming Saturday as I've got family visiting. If there's a danger Tails might also not be around, anyone want to step up and offer to host so that someone is taking care of that?

SailorDaravon Oct 7, 2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tails (Post 824421)
This is a poor excuse for chumping. It would have taken you all of like, maybe a minute to hit the power button on the wii u gamepad, bring up your friends list and OH HEY EVERYONE IS ON KART

Note that my participation for the next few weeks may or may not happen. I'll be at home and have my Wii U with me this coming weekend and the 25th, but I might be busy with family/friends. The 18th for sure I won't be around, since Kart runs at the same time as the Miku concert.

I wasn't home at the time. I probably could have gotten on late maybe, but again I'd been led to believe it wasn't happening and neither you or Skills texted me. Chumping so hard over here :(

I can't make this weekend, just found out I'm being dragged to a wedding in Richmond or somewhere around there. If anyone wants to play Theatrhythm during the week or whenever let me know in that thread though, if I'm not at work or asleep I'm generally down for it.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Oct 7, 2014 02:14 PM

I don't understand how we had the Yoshi cup but failed to put everyone on the Yoshi bike.

ESPECIALLY WHEN 4/5 OF US USE INSIDE BIKES ANYWAY

SuperSonic Oct 7, 2014 04:20 PM

Because Tails wanted Yoshis WITH KARTS

And I had that combo selected but Tails was busy making a drink loudly

Tails Oct 7, 2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [UNWANTED GRUNTING] (Post 824433)
I don't understand how we had the Yoshi cup but failed to put everyone on the Yoshi bike.

ESPECIALLY WHEN 4/5 OF US USE INSIDE BIKES ANYWAY

Because watching everyone fail with Karts was funny as shit, that's why

OmagnusPrime Oct 7, 2014 04:50 PM

We can always do the "Yoshis on Yoshis taking on Yoshis on Yoshis" cup in a couple of weeks. I'm all for the mixing it up with random set ups. It's just a shame we have to back out to do it, though thankfully it's pretty quick and painless.

Does everyone have the gold kart unlocked? If so we could do a "Princess Bling" cup at some point.

THE POWER OF WATER Oct 7, 2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmagnusPrime (Post 824425)
Yeah I won't be around this coming Saturday as I've got family visiting. If there's a danger Tails might also not be around, anyone want to step up and offer to host so that someone is taking care of that?

I'll be around for sure on Saturday, but me hosting games is generally not ideal for anyone involved.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Oct 7, 2014 10:10 PM

Man fuck the gold kart, that's what I was using. ;_;

nuttyturnip Oct 11, 2014 11:07 AM

Since there's a lot of chumping this weekend, could we just do Smash Bros instead?

OmagnusPrime Oct 11, 2014 12:13 PM

I have my parents here visiting, fuck you and your "chumping" accusations. Get out.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Oct 11, 2014 12:23 PM

Only chumps have parents.

Tails Oct 11, 2014 12:49 PM

Only chumps play Smash Bros.

The Plane Is A Tiger Oct 11, 2014 02:21 PM

I got called in to cover a shift this afternoon, so I won't be around for either. I'm definitely down for some Smash once I get home around 7:30 though.

FatsDomino Oct 11, 2014 05:46 PM

Today's session was pretty short. I forgot to set my mic up properly in Xsplit so I'm muted the entire time. Ah well...

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/284193

SailorDaravon Oct 11, 2014 11:10 PM

Was out of town as previously mentioned, Tails were you able to represent Team Daisy?

I should be clear for next weekend barring anything unforeseen. God help me the weekend after that though.

Tails Oct 12, 2014 10:40 AM

Team Daisy was hella reppin. Of course there was only four of us so we went and stomped randoms for a bit instead. It was pretty amusing.

THE POWER OF WATER Oct 15, 2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nintendo
The Master Cycle is part of the first DLC pack for #MK8 and has plenty of horse power.

http://quiteajolt.com/gff/B0AL58sIEA...jpg-large.jpeg

YouTube Video

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Oct 15, 2014 06:43 PM

If that's not an inside bike imma be all mad up ins

SailorDaravon Oct 18, 2014 02:53 PM

This happening today?

nuttyturnip Oct 18, 2014 03:20 PM

One would assume so.

The Plane Is A Tiger Oct 18, 2014 03:34 PM

Considering we've played Mario Kart every Saturday for several months, no, probably not.

SailorDaravon Oct 18, 2014 03:40 PM

Figures!

(I assumed so, but the thread was deader than usual this week and I know at least Tails is out of town, so figured I would ask to make sure)

Tails Oct 18, 2014 05:09 PM

ALWAYS KART

SailorDaravon Oct 18, 2014 06:11 PM

A disturbing amount of Karting today revolved around discussing Moo's package.

THE POWER OF WATER Oct 18, 2014 06:41 PM

I'm not adding a tag for that.

SailorDaravon Oct 18, 2014 07:04 PM

It's cool, I got it

Tails Oct 18, 2014 08:20 PM

Dickspin.jpg still one of the best tags, almost choked on my fucking burger laughing about it just now.

SuperSonic Oct 19, 2014 08:20 AM

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

THE POWER OF WATER Oct 19, 2014 03:02 PM

Race 1: Daravon comes in fifth, earns 8 points
Race 2: Daravon comes in second, collects 12 points
Start of race 3: Daravon apparently feels he should have 30 points(?)

SailorDaravon Oct 19, 2014 04:50 PM

Too busy looking for the road, don't have time for math.

SailorDaravon Oct 21, 2014 08:39 PM

AW SHIT

YouTube Video

Edit: Realized that this will probably hit at like the same time or just after Smash. Well fuck.

SuperSonic Oct 26, 2014 07:51 AM

It was just BZ, Daravon, Tails (as Philia), and myself yesterday so we invaded a Regional Race this weekend. Tails wasn't on the Skype call, but if you listen closely enough you might be able to hear his commentary over Daravon's mic.

I'll be missing next weekend due to participating in a wedding where a couple of my close friends are getting married.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

SailorDaravon Oct 26, 2014 08:24 AM

http://i.imgur.com/jeQRrCL.jpg

OmagnusPrime Oct 28, 2014 04:28 PM

For anyone who's not been convinced yet to get in on the DLC:

YouTube Video

Complete with ever changing track: "... beware - the location of ramps and speed boosts change every time you race!" Oh hells yes.

SuperSonic Oct 28, 2014 07:45 PM

That has the potential to replace Music Park as the favorite track. :D

THE POWER OF WATER Oct 28, 2014 08:18 PM

False.

Tails Oct 28, 2014 09:04 PM

What CHz said, although I must admit it looks amazing. Excitebike has pretty much been one of my favorite things ever since the day I first played it on the NES when I was a little kid. This is gonna own.

SailorDaravon Oct 28, 2014 09:34 PM

I'm holding out for a Mach Rider level

Little Brenty Brent Brent Oct 29, 2014 10:27 AM

It had better play the Excite Bike win theme when the race ends.

OmagnusPrime Nov 1, 2014 05:13 AM

OK, so is Mario Kart happening this week? If so I'm a little unsure of how timing is going to work. In the UK the clocks went back last weekend and I believe they don't go back in North America until either tomorrow or next weekend. So, 10pm my time is suddenly an hour out.

So, if we're sticking to 10pm GMT then that's in about 12 hour:

Does that work for people, or does that cause problems?

The Plane Is A Tiger Nov 1, 2014 08:53 AM

Daylight savings hits tonight at 2am here, so that does leave you an hour ahead for now. I'm fine with getting it started an hour later than usual.

SailorDaravon Nov 1, 2014 08:58 AM

Right, so in the US east coast that would put today's start time at 6pm instead of the usual 5pm. I have no problem with that either, actually probably works out slightly better for me since Philia will be getting home from work around 5:15. I can do either start time though.

FatsDomino Nov 2, 2014 03:54 AM

Today's Kart session. OP was the best baby daisy.

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/305074

SailorDaravon Nov 2, 2014 03:07 PM

Congratulations OP! Also by default Dave is the worst Baby Daisy.

Also I just found out that only the coins you have at the end of a race count towards your total. Not that it matters really either way since it's not like you can do anything about it, but I was wondering why I didn't have the gold glider yet. The 10k coin requirement for that seems way out of wack with all of the other rewards, especially for just a glider.

FatsDomino Nov 2, 2014 03:37 PM

Why the hell would you want a glider of all things to be made of gold? Nintendo...

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Nov 2, 2014 04:25 PM

Yeah, I've got all unlockables outside of the glider and it's hilarious how few coins I have by comparison. I think I'm at 4k or something.

SailorDaravon Nov 2, 2014 10:52 PM

Yeah, I'm also at 100% completion except for the gold glider and I'm at ~7400, but that's also with playing some co-op with Philia where both of our coins count as well as her playing some on her own. Wii U clocks Mario Kart 8 gametime at 55 hours, but god knows how accurate that actually is.

On a lark spent 2-3 hours tonight playing online. Man this game is a clusterfuck online. I think our games work fairly well because there's a pretty wide spread of skill levels. Online there's a much larger pool of folks all in the same ballpark skill-wise, especially since the game attempts to match by your skill ranking which is largely bullshit but is a general time spent indicator. So races are largely determined by which one or two players is able to get away from the pack at the very start, then everyone else is usually fucked for the entire race (Piranha Plants are god tier online). Once I was able to get 1st or 2nd place at the end of a race, by virtue of that starting position in the next race I was almost always able to beat out the initial clusterfuck and most of the time was a lock for 1st or 2nd again. But then if you get hit once in the initial barrage you are almost always 100% fucked and are locked outside of the top 3 at the least. It's leads to hilarious instances of totally fucking people but then you also getting totally fucked, and it can be incredibly frustrating. In one particular race I'm running a flawless race, probably almost half a lap ahead of 2nd place on the last lap. Then within a 15-20 second window I literally got hit with a Blue Shell, a Lightning, a Red Shell, and two SEPARATE Bombs. I finished 12th. Also as an aside I'm not sure how item distribution works online, but I see way way way more Lightnings playing with randoms online then in our games. I counted 6 in one game which is crazy. I still think I have personally only gotten one once.

It's a weird problem, and I'm not sure how they solve it. I'm not advocating no item races or anything, but the game is a super clusterfuck where skill only gets you so far. I miss the days of being able to lap SECOND place AI in 150cc in the original SMK because there was none of the crazy rubber banding/blue shells etc. Playing against other people obviously some of that isn't a factor, but I'm not sure how you really balance that. It's fun, but with every iteration the game feels more and more like Mario Party and not Mario Kart.

I do really hope the DLC comes out before Smash so I can actually play it with people. Also I hope the Master Cycle isn't an inside bike because fuck skills

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Nov 2, 2014 11:13 PM

If it's not an inside bike, I will be sad.

You sound mad about that tho.

I've only fucked around with randoms a few times, but let's just say that it's at least nice that the Wii U hasn't been completely opened up for shitting in, since INFINITE STAR cheaters in MKWii was extremely aggravating.

That said, 9/10s of the point of Mario Kart is yelling at the other guy to get good and other such shit. Lack of voice chat fucking murders it.

SailorDaravon Nov 3, 2014 08:19 AM

Yeah I played MK Wii for like, an hour, so no experience there but I heard about that.

But yeah, this is basically a bullshit party game which is why I like playing with you guys, but wouldn't play on my own very much. I'm just wondering what they could do to try to fix that and not make every race an insane clusterfuck that is impossible to get out of 99% of the time.

Tails Nov 3, 2014 08:23 AM

I don't think anybody here plays own their own, really. I only get on Saturdays and have pubbed it up with CHz maybe once or twice outside of that.

What I'm saying is that you need to get good.

SailorDaravon Nov 3, 2014 06:16 PM

I...came in first in like ~75% of the 12 player lobbies I was in? That wasn't really my point. Also I'm only really playing for coins at this point, so eh.

Tails Nov 3, 2014 06:17 PM

What's the story behind the two sets of headphones tag?

Also the story re: Tiny Left Space. We're on Yoshi Valley, it's the final lap, and I'm trailing behind Dave. As we approach the bridge that stupid giant Yoshi egg is just about to cover the bridge entirely. What does Dave do? He does to the left DIRECTLY INTO THE PATH of said giant egg. First place DAISY BLUE YOSHI. Shit was fucking hilarious. Dave you are dumb why would you do that you see the egg going that way man.

OmagnusPrime Nov 3, 2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 824631)
I...came in first in like ~75% of the 12 player lobbies I was in? That wasn't really my point. Also I'm only really playing for coins at this point, so eh.

You know Daravon for a guy who doesn't care you sure do care a lot. Keep going, you almost have enough vinegar to go with that bucket of salt. ;)

SailorDaravon Nov 3, 2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tails (Post 824632)
What's the story behind the two sets of headphones tag?

The last time (?) m00 played he was wearing two headsets, one for game audio and one for the skype call.

THE POWER OF WATER Nov 3, 2014 07:35 PM

And he still thought lap 2 was the final lap on one race, even though he could finally hear the BGM speedup for once.

The "heads of setphones" part is because he's bad at saying words out loud.

SailorDaravon Nov 3, 2014 08:32 PM

THE AUDIO IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HEADPHONES

SailorDaravon Nov 4, 2014 07:27 PM

It's been pulled down, but there was something briefly up on the official Mario Kart site that was listing MK Amiibo support being added in a software update on 11/13/14, maybe the same date as the DLC???

Apparently all Amiibo support for MK is just going to be your Mii getting a racing suit based on the Amiibo you're using. Thank you Nintendo for letting me continue to not care about Amiibo functionality.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Nov 5, 2014 09:26 AM

Yeah, how dare they not include fully featured AI racers you train in a free patch several months after the game releases for a toy that wasn't close to completed when the thing came out.

I think it's kind of ace actually that they're even going back and adding support for that shit in to older software titles, even if it is minor. Can you imagine the anger if it was something more substantial?

No. Hard Pass. Nov 5, 2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUCK McDANGER (Post 824623)
Why the hell would you want a glider of all things to be made of gold? Nintendo...

http://i.vimeocdn.com/video/355020460_640.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Everything.JPG

OmagnusPrime Nov 5, 2014 06:08 PM

YouTube Video

Just going to leave this here.

SailorDaravon Nov 5, 2014 07:15 PM

HNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Also here's a 13 minute Nintendo Minute where they play a bunch of the new stuff:

YouTube Video

Tanooki Mario going into his Mario 3 statue pose when he does a trick is fucking amazing. Also super fucking pumped about SNES Rainbow Road being in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [UNWANTED GRUNTING] (Post 824640)
Yeah, how dare they not include fully featured AI racers you train in a free patch several months after the game releases for a toy that wasn't close to completed when the thing came out.

I think it's kind of ace actually that they're even going back and adding support for that shit in to older software titles, even if it is minor. Can you imagine the anger if it was something more substantial?

I agree, and I'm not upset at all by this; I'm actually honestly super pumped about it since it means less shit I have to think about buying. They kinda sorta make sense for Smash, but for all of these other games and especially games that are already out like MK and Hyrule Warriors I don't really see the point. I mean, additional cosmetic content is cool and why not, but that's hardly any sort of compelling reason for someone to get them. And if it WAS something substantial people would flip out like you said, so it's a lose-lose. I don't even know what they'd do really in terms of significant in-game content for games with these things other than maybe if you buy them they come with DLC, making it sort of like buying a physical copy of DLC or something. Fuck, I barely even know what Amiibos can be used for in general other than custom moves and storage in stuff like Smash. Super fascinating from a physical/collectible perspective, but they've given me zero reason to care about them for use in games.

THE POWER OF WATER Nov 5, 2014 07:35 PM

I'm kind of a little worried about how interesting the Excitebike course is going to be in practice, because topologically it's just a doughnut and literally only has two turns, but I predict not caring at all because fuck yeah Excitebike motherfuckers

SailorDaravon Nov 5, 2014 08:02 PM

Well they said the terrain as far as hills and ramps and whatnot is going to be completely random every time, so I imagine that'll go a long way there.

FatsDomino Nov 5, 2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team End Piece AND Team Shave (Post 824603)
It had better play the Excite Bike win theme when the race ends.

It unfortunately does not - just the normal Mario Kart 8 victory jingle. Definitely a lost opportunity.

YouTube Video

Additional Spam:
They went through the trouble to make the charging panels in Mute City restore your coins and outright replace coins with rupees and rupee noises in the Zelda track. A simple victory jingle change seems so trivial compared to that. Oh well.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Nov 6, 2014 12:29 AM

Of course one skin on a Mii isn't a compelling reason to get it.

The reason to get them is because they do a thousand little things. They unlock some small bonus in 4 games you already own, have some legitimate functionality in another, and will be doing different unlocks in future titles to various degrees. They are another tool to tie a person to the Nintendo ecosystem. They aren't "worth it" from any single game function point of view, the whole scheme is to get you tied to the idea of a unified system of little bonuses across your favorite characters and software you were likely to buy anyway. It's a mindshare thing, there's really no lose-lose here. No one is paying 15 dollars for a Mario Kart costume.

-----

All that crap said, fuck yes that 13 minute video confirms Master Cycle is an inside bike. LIFE IS GOOD.

Also also Excite Bike is literally Baby Park with less laps and more bumps. This is IDEAL.

OmagnusPrime Nov 8, 2014 05:47 AM

Just a reminder for today's last pre-DLC "Daravon Searches for the Road" session, we're back to regular time as North America has now also shed its daylight-savings adjustment. So it's in about 11 hours time:

If anyone has suggestions for some silly configurations we can rock, have a noodle on it. Does everyone have the gold kart by now? If so I think all Pink Gold Peaches in the gold cart might need to be a thing. Also the ATVs don't really get any love from our group, so perhaps an all ATV cup. And maybe in honour of the likelihood of everyone being Link next week we only pick characters who are predominantly green on bikes. Just some thoughts.

SailorDaravon Nov 8, 2014 08:32 AM

I'm down for whatever, but since we have people who don't even have all of the parts unlocked I'm guessing not everyone has the gold kart lol.

OmagnusPrime Nov 8, 2014 10:00 AM

Gold kart is just for beating all cups on 150cc + Mirror (with a star), rather than being related to coin collection. I figure us lot have surely done that by now. Possibly not, but I'd have thought so.

SailorDaravon Nov 8, 2014 10:20 AM

Right, but I think someone (I honestly forget who) said they didn't even have all the cups unlocked....so yeah.

I mean we did all Baby Daisies with one Ludwig so whatever, if one or two people don't have them it's not a big deal.

Scent of a Grundle Nov 8, 2014 04:55 PM

i will come once my food is ready. and i figure out a skype solution for not having to move my Wii U.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Nov 8, 2014 07:32 PM

I got in a couple of good grunts; Supersonic did you get recordings.

THE POWER OF WATER Nov 8, 2014 07:38 PM

Yes please tell me you captured the final transmissions of Mennobot.

SuperSonic Nov 8, 2014 07:42 PM

Getting the video loaded for splitting for youtube limits.

Edit: Skills burns m00.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Nov 9, 2014 02:08 PM

YouTube Video

If anyone wants to know how/why the first major grunt at the end of video 2 happens, it's because the lightning + blue shell combo resulted in me beating CHz across the line by like, I dunno. About a frame or less.

SailorDaravon Nov 9, 2014 02:11 PM

That's some pretty good grunting.

THE POWER OF WATER Nov 12, 2014 03:53 AM

So with the DLC almost upon us, how much practice is everyone going to get on it before Saturday?

I feel like it might be funny if we all abstain and go into it blind, but the amount of trustworthiness and cooperation that would require might be beyond us group of tremendous jackasses.

Scent of a Grundle Nov 12, 2014 05:02 AM

i could avoid playing the new tracks, but i have to work on Saturday anyway. :(

SailorDaravon Nov 12, 2014 08:23 AM

I was planning on knocking out getting 3 stars on the new tracks on all the new cups and the Time Trials to get that out of the way ASAP, but if we all want to go in blind as a group I'm cool with that.

OmagnusPrime Nov 12, 2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE POWER OF WATER (Post 824684)
So with the DLC almost upon us, how much practice is everyone going to get on it before Saturday?

I feel like it might be funny if we all abstain and go into it blind, but the amount of trustworthiness and cooperation that would require might be beyond us group of tremendous jackasses.

Not sure I'd call it "practice" but I was certainly planning to play the new content tomorrow when it's out. I was planning to play through the cups and try out the new stuff (give Link and the Mastercycle a look), but not spend hour on it. Not sure waiting will change that much, except mean the first time I play the new content is after we've ended up on Music Park 5 times.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Nov 12, 2014 12:59 PM

Ahahahaha.

HYPE LEVELS TOO REAL.

DON'T THINK THAT'S GONNA WORK CAPTAIN.

THE POWER OF WATER Nov 12, 2014 05:13 PM

Completely and utterly unsurprising that Skills is the first person to decline.

SuperSonic Nov 12, 2014 05:38 PM

Yeah man, no way I'm gonna hold off until Saturday. SNES Rainbow Road is calling out to me.

Tails Nov 12, 2014 05:55 PM

Really the answer is for us to get together briefly Thursday and hash it out.

nuttyturnip Nov 12, 2014 06:56 PM

I hear there's this Thursday night thing called game night, where they play animatronic games on the interwebs.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Nov 12, 2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuttyturnip (Post 824694)
I hear there's this Thursday night thing called game night, where they play animatronic games on the interwebs.

That crew hasn't played a console game ever, so uhhh.

No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE POWER OF WATER (Post 824690)
Completely and utterly unsurprising that Skills is the first person to decline.

I was the first one to say it.

Trust me, I ain't the first one to think it.

OmagnusPrime Nov 12, 2014 07:41 PM

In fairness to Skills, I didn't explicitly use the term 'no', but that was basically what I was saying. I don't see what different playing the tracks is really going to make, we're hardly going to be experts by the time Saturday rolls around.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Nov 12, 2014 08:59 PM

I basically go in blind every time I play, so

The Plane Is A Tiger Nov 13, 2014 01:44 AM

Yeah, there was no way I was ever going to agree to holding off until Saturday. I can't wait to see the Zelda tracks.

THE POWER OF WATER Nov 13, 2014 05:29 AM

ATTENTION SKILLS: LINK IS CRUISER

I REPEAT: LINK IS CRUISER

Additional Spam:
JUST TRIED OUT THE NEW CUPS WITH ACER

WE HAVE CALIBRATED THE HYPETRON 5000 AND SET ITS OUTPUT TO MAXIMUM

FatsDomino Nov 13, 2014 06:07 AM

Here's the recording! =D

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/316377

SailorDaravon Nov 13, 2014 08:15 AM

Link is a Crusierweight? Sweet.

Also I'm glad I decided to get all of the system update and DLC downloading done before going to work this morning because holy shit that took a while.

EDIT: oh my god as I make this post and the game boots up it NOW is prompting me to download DLC? What the fuck were the separate system update and software updates for? Figure out how to internet Nintendo.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Nov 13, 2014 10:17 AM

SHIT IS LEGIT

Real talk though, Link being Cruiser is baller as hell.

Rainbow Road is baller as hell

MUTE CITY IS OMEGA CLASS BALLER AS HELL

Also the Master Cycle is potentially game changing. I didn't play with it (only had time for two races), but I noticed it has the inside bike icon but ALSO DIFFERENT STATS. It's heavier, has less accel, but higher top speed and different grip characteristics. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first inside bike with different stats. Shit could get real.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 824703)
Also I'm glad I decided to get all of the system update and DLC downloading done before going to work this morning because holy shit that took a while.

EDIT: oh my god as I make this post and the game boots up it NOW is prompting me to download DLC? What the fuck were the separate system update and software updates for? Figure out how to internet Nintendo.

It took four minutes total.

Get good at internet connections.

FatsDomino Nov 13, 2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [UNWANTED GRUNTING] (Post 824705)
Also the Master Cycle is potentially game changing. I didn't play with it (only had time for two races), but I noticed it has the inside bike icon but ALSO DIFFERENT STATS. It's heavier, has less accel, but higher top speed and different grip characteristics. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first inside bike with different stats. Shit could get real.

Yeah, people on /v/ were complaining about that actually. Since you can still use the DLC vehicles/parts and characters while racing with non-DLC people who don't have access to them this could give people who have the DLC an advantage. The Blue Falcon also has pretty nice stats as well. Other people in the thread said stats were only really relevant in Time Trials but it could give a little extra oomph with the right driver all that he/she needs.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Nov 13, 2014 01:02 PM

The reason I say it could get real is not because the bike will be broken; bikes in this game are weaker than karts in many ways, especially considering some of the time trial strats, but the reason it could be real is because it'll allow for more change ups while maintaining the inside drift mechanic that several of us enjoy.

Top tier times are not going to be set by Master Cycles any time soon and with the plethora of absolute bullshit going on at any given moment, I don't think half a tick here or there is going to change anything except someone's minor, personal preferences.

OmagnusPrime Nov 13, 2014 03:11 PM

Wait, are we seriously going to worry about some minor stat differences unbalancing things? What the what? Unless you're proposing itemless Final Destination only style nonsense then I really don't think it matters, it just gives a small variation to those using inside drift bikes.

On a side note: all the new tracks are great after a first pass, I'm looking forward to taking our nonsense to them on Saturday.

Tails Nov 13, 2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [UNWANTED GRUNTING] (Post 824708)
The reason I say it could get real is not because the bike will be broken; bikes in this game are weaker than karts in many ways

And yet, the ones that regularly finish ahead in our group use bikes :V

SuperSonic Nov 13, 2014 05:56 PM

I just realized we're only one more Rainbow Road course away from a Rainbow Road Cup.

Also, the new tracks are awesome.

SailorDaravon Nov 13, 2014 06:32 PM

Yeah I have no goddamn idea why all of the updates took me a million years to download this morning, something something porn torrents

Also yeah I think unless you're operating at a godtier level and/or legit fire hopping character stats generally don't make a huge practical difference. Unless what I'm seeing regarding the math is wrong, the difference between a 5.75 speed character and a completely bottomed out speed character at 1.0 is only ~0.1 seconds on a straightaway. Over the course (get it? HAHA) of an entire race that's a couple of seconds that could make a difference, but that's all super theoretical and assumes you're driving 100% flawlessly etc. Honestly the only reason I don't use Toad 100% of the time isn't that and is more the weight issue, since if you're in the middle of a pack of people you just get flung around like a ragdoll which is a super annoying.

Tails Nov 14, 2014 08:06 AM

The new stuff is pretty fucking awesome, Saturday is going to be great.

Wall Feces Nov 14, 2014 09:57 AM

The sheer amount of joy I get from hearing Link scream "KEEEYYAHHHH!" while riding in a horse-style motorcycle was more than I expected. I love everything about this.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Nov 14, 2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tails (Post 824710)
And yet, the ones that regularly finish ahead in our group use bikes :V

Those of us who bought the Get Good DLC already just happen to have good taste, that's all.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Nov 14, 2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 824713)
Yeah I have no goddamn idea why all of the updates took me a million years to download this morning, something something porn torrents

Also yeah I think unless you're operating at a godtier level and/or legit fire hopping character stats generally don't make a huge practical difference. Unless what I'm seeing regarding the math is wrong, the difference between a 5.75 speed character and a completely bottomed out speed character at 1.0 is only ~0.1 seconds on a straightaway. Over the course (get it? HAHA) of an entire race that's a couple of seconds that could make a difference, but that's all super theoretical and assumes you're driving 100% flawlessly etc. Honestly the only reason I don't use Toad 100% of the time isn't that and is more the weight issue, since if you're in the middle of a pack of people you just get flung around like a ragdoll which is a super annoying.

Reading the math for Mario Kart? Really?

SailorDaravon Nov 14, 2014 09:02 PM

When I first got the game I was mocked in chat for not knowing that the Acceleration stat only applied at every 1 point benchmark, so I spent like 30 seconds looking at a FAQ to see what the stats meant since the game doesn't actually explain that anywhere and the last Mario Kart game I had previously played didn't even have (visible) stats...so yes?

Tails Nov 14, 2014 09:11 PM

Diss just doesnt uinderstan the finer points of karting fuck that guy

fuck you diss!

CAT PEACH

FatsDomino Nov 15, 2014 06:54 PM

Had to leave early but I managed to make a really horrible kart build if you're curious feel free to watch today's recording:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/319115

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Nov 15, 2014 07:01 PM

BILL ME LATER

SuperSonic Nov 16, 2014 08:39 AM

Tails get mad DLC

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

OmagnusPrime Nov 22, 2014 09:04 AM

Is it safe to assume this isn't happening today because of Smash? I'm guessing you NA lot will be looking to play that instead.

SailorDaravon Nov 22, 2014 09:57 AM

Oh it's not out in EU yet? What the fuuuuuck, that sucks man :(

I honestly have no idea. I will try to get in on either game if I can, but we're adopting a cat today (barring any last minute nightmare problems) so I may be too preoccupied, unsure yet. I got home late last week and Tails said you guys were already full up as-is, I'd have to imagine you can get at least some folks for Karting.

nuttyturnip Nov 22, 2014 10:26 AM

As far as I know karting is still a go. I want to try out some amiibo costumes.

SuperSonic Nov 22, 2014 10:26 AM

Yeah, unfortunately I'll be over at a friend's today for a Smash gettogether. I MAY be back near the end of the usual Karting times but we'll see.

Tails Nov 22, 2014 11:18 AM

ALWAYS KART

OmagnusPrime Nov 22, 2014 11:43 AM

OK, looks like Kart will be happening, that's good news. Might not be a long session, but we can get some races in.

Tails Nov 22, 2014 01:13 PM

You might get some wins in too ;). CHz is on vacation this weekend and probably won't be present.

SailorDaravon Nov 22, 2014 04:38 PM

I for sure won't be on, just got home with the cat a little while ago. It's an older cat so it's acclimated super quickly and is awesome actually, but I definitely want to keep half an eye on her for a while. Is anyone going to be livestreaming it this week? I can watch that and heckle you guys from the sidelines at least.

nuttyturnip Nov 22, 2014 04:55 PM

I'd think the cat would be happier if you just left her alone to find her space, rather than watching her all the time.

SailorDaravon Nov 22, 2014 05:07 PM

That's what I'm doing, hence saying keeping half an eye on her, I'm not like following her around or anything. I've had cats before so I have a pretty good idea on what stuff I needed to catproof, but they're all different. For example, I just heard a noise in the kitchen, go in there's and she's gone...because she apparently knows how to open cabinets, get inside, and close the door behind her -_-.

Edit: As a hilarious sidenote we got this cat because Philia volunteered and is now working at the animal shelter. Has wanted to get the cat for weeks. We get home, cat immediately loves me and is on my lap purring louder than I have ever heard a cat.

Divorce cat?

Philia Nov 22, 2014 06:38 PM

Lmao, I told you, I don't mind if the cat favors you more than me. I find it quite interesting that a lot of cats like men for their owners. There's a whole slew of gifs out there where cats are rubbing their faces in their owners' 5 o'clock shadows which explains a bit. It must felt like semi sandpaper and appeasing for them to rub their heads onto. It makes them look like they're bunting heads with their owners' faces.

Anyway no worries! <3 The main fucking thing was that she's fucking out of there. The shelter was NOT healthy for her, and the visiting brats would pester the fuck out of her and other cats would agitate her often too. The most agonizing of the whole thing is the wait for her to GTFO of there.

FatsDomino Nov 22, 2014 07:12 PM

Sorry I couldn't kart and stream today. I've been busy cleaning and going through boxes of stuff today - getting rid of ancient crap is not how I'd have wanted to spend my day but welp.

SailorDaravon Nov 22, 2014 08:12 PM

The "- Mo0" part of AHH EAT tag is hardly necessary.

SuperSonic Nov 30, 2014 12:41 AM

Sometime in the near future Suddenlink is supposed to boost my internet speed. Unfortunately, they're also introducing a download/upload cap to 500GB per month. If I go any further than that, it's extra charges (and you all know how big those games on Steam and Playstation can get).

These videos are close to a gig each so I may need to drop the quality to 480p or figure out something else.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Tails Nov 30, 2014 01:09 PM

http://i.imgur.com/2iPJ7rc.jpg

SailorDaravon Nov 30, 2014 01:59 PM

Pre-emptive chumping: I won't be on next week, will be at my wife's holiday dinner for her SPCA job. On the plus side will we be at a delicious mexican restaurant.

nuttyturnip Nov 30, 2014 03:46 PM

YouTube Video

SailorDaravon Nov 30, 2014 04:43 PM

Wow, I had totally forgotten about that episode. How was that where your mind immediately went???

ayyyyyyyyyyy

SuperSonic Dec 6, 2014 03:23 PM

I might have to chump out today, just found out that the room next to my bedroom is getting worked on and there will be a lot of noise. If I can make it, I'll probably be muted so you guys don't hear the racket.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Dec 6, 2014 08:10 PM

Sonic tell me you caught the death whine.

SuperSonic Dec 6, 2014 09:23 PM

You're going to have to remind me where that happened, I only recall being told to save THIS one:

You said WHAT to your teammate

Edit: Videos are up now! By the way, thanks for putting up with the sounds of the sawing, the drilling, and the air compressor for the nail gun (aka, the vibrator Tails was referring to).

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

OmagnusPrime Dec 12, 2014 12:54 PM

As a heads up, I probably won't be around for Kart time tomorrow. I'm seeing friends for the day and so likely won't be about. I'm sure Tails or someone will sort out the room and call.

THE POWER OF WATER Dec 12, 2014 05:26 PM

I'm going to miss vroomtimes tomorrow because I need to handle some surprise errands that just came up, and Skills will be out as well due to reasons pertaining to being a decent, empathetic human being with functioning personal relationships.

Tails Dec 12, 2014 06:50 PM

At this point I'd be surprised if anybody showed up. We could use a week off anyway.

Sousuke Dec 12, 2014 06:59 PM

Ah, yes. This week I actually can show up, and I will be the only one there.

Oh well, I'll just catch up on unlocking all the characters here and in Smash.

OmagnusPrime Dec 12, 2014 07:06 PM

You make a good point Tails, and that possibly holds true for the next few weeks. Actually thinking about it I won't be around on a Saturday until the new year now probably, what with Christmas and all that jazz.

So yeah, if people are around then sort yourselves out, otherwise regular karting action will probably resume in January I guess.

SailorDaravon Dec 12, 2014 08:25 PM

Yeah I won't be around tomorrow either, Capcom Cup and all that. I don't have the general holiday obligations that most folks do though, so I'll probably be around the rest of the month if people show up.

SuperSonic Dec 12, 2014 10:00 PM

I think I'm gonna take the weekend off as well, I really want to see the Capcom Cup. I should be around next Saturday, but the Saturday after that I definitely won't be available.

The Plane Is A Tiger Dec 12, 2014 11:30 PM

Well, I was going to make sure I got home from work tomorrow in time for karting, but I guess I'll just sleep in instead. That works.

nuttyturnip Dec 12, 2014 11:35 PM

Happy Chumpmas Eve.

Little Brenty Brent Brent Dec 13, 2014 01:34 AM

Surprising no one, I will be out on a Saturday afternoon.

value tart Dec 13, 2014 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE POWER OF WATER (Post 824916)
I'm going to miss vroomtimes tomorrow because I need to handle some surprise errands that just came up, and Skills will be out as well due to reasons pertaining to being a decent, empathetic human being with functioning personal relationships.

ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Dec 13, 2014 10:32 AM

you sound mad

Tails Dec 19, 2014 09:02 PM

yo we karting tomorrow or what

SuperSonic Dec 19, 2014 09:26 PM

Yeah, I should be around this time.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Dec 19, 2014 10:23 PM

My friend's mom died on Tuesday, so I've got a funeral.

SailorDaravon Dec 20, 2014 01:14 AM

http://i.imgur.com/8q0EZZt.png

THIEF Dec 20, 2014 02:02 PM

I'll be around.

SuperSonic Dec 21, 2014 08:47 AM

I'll be out next weekend due to streaming our last True Blue Marathon. You guys have fun or come watch us if you find some time!

http://truebluemarathon.org

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Tails Dec 23, 2014 11:30 PM

http://i.imgur.com/NZtP5p2.jpg

(Hopefully next time we play Nintendo has worked out whatever weird shit was causing all the lag)

SailorDaravon Dec 24, 2014 01:34 PM

Someone probably didn't have the

http://i.imgur.com/NZtP5p2.jpg

OmagnusPrime Jan 3, 2015 10:59 AM

So, we karting today?

Tails Jan 3, 2015 11:32 AM

DUH OF COURSE

SuperSonic Jan 4, 2015 01:38 AM

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

SuperSonic Jan 16, 2015 08:28 PM

Is Karting happening tomorrow or should I plan on Smashing?

THE POWER OF WATER Jan 16, 2015 09:19 PM

Motherfucks skipped out last week, we'd better be karting this time.

OmagnusPrime Jan 16, 2015 09:49 PM

Yeah, Karting is happening tomorrow. Apologies, got caught up in various things last week, but it seemed I was far from alone on that front. But yes, this week definitely.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Jan 17, 2015 07:01 PM

I legit think this game has taken 8 or 9 years off my life.

FatsDomino Jan 17, 2015 07:18 PM

That or it's incredibly cathartic for you. But I dunno. You were smelling toast for a bit.

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/386421

I didn't do so well but I had fun. Level the mad out a little, Skills. I mean it's funny but I worry sometimes.

SuperSonic Jan 18, 2015 01:02 AM

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

wvlfpvp Jan 19, 2015 01:02 PM

So, any chance of getting in on this shit? I need to add my stuff to the main WiiU listing, but most Saturdays I'm available. This week I was eating delicious German food.

Scent of a Grundle Jan 19, 2015 02:29 PM

Sure, if you're friends with people in the group, just join the game and hop in the skype call. There's usually room.

wvlfpvp Jan 20, 2015 04:09 PM

ALRIGHTY then, I'll might actually be on, although I'll probably not be on Skype for reasons of 1) I don't Skype and b) I has a boyfriend who would probably rather not have to deal with gamechatter. I wouldn't put him through that, either. Plus you'd think that Ninty would have the ability to speak through the system, since gamepad == microphone.

THE POWER OF WATER Jan 20, 2015 05:52 PM

MK8 does actually have voice chat, but only when you're in the lobby of a friend race, because that makes sense. So we never use that.

Also, Tails once Skyped from his folks's house while Space Jam was on in the background. It's fine.

Tails Jan 20, 2015 07:27 PM

COME ON AND SLAM

AND WELCOME TO THE JAM

e: also it was Space Jam on BLU RAY

this is important

SuperSonic Jan 24, 2015 03:20 PM

Who's gonna be in for Karting today?

OmagnusPrime Jan 24, 2015 03:49 PM

Oh yes, of course.

FatsDomino Jan 24, 2015 07:34 PM

I had fun today despite only winning a single race that I totally deserved winning after getting hit by nearly everyone during it. Except for nutty. Poor nutty.

Here's my footage:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/394176

SuperSonic Jan 25, 2015 12:22 AM

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

FatsDomino Jan 31, 2015 07:06 PM

Welp bad items and getting hit all the time or a bad kart combination meant a back of the pack racing for me today.

If you give a shit here's my piss poor performance:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/401110
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/401113

SuperSonic Feb 1, 2015 09:13 AM

Yeah, I had some of my worst races this weekend as well by finishing last several times.

The track order was Excitebike Arena, Sunshine Airport, Mute City, Excitebike Arena, 3DS Music Park, Wii Wario's Gold Mine, Electrodome, SNES Rainbow Road, DS Cheep Cheep Beach, Excitebike Arena, DS Cheep Cheep Beach, Dragon Driftway, DS Tick Tock Clock, Hyrule Circuit, Wii Grumble Volcano, 3DS Music Park, DS Cheep Cheep Beach, 3DS Music Park, Mount Wario, DS Cheep Cheep Beach, N64 Toad's Turnpike, DS Wario Stadium, Cloudtop Cruise, Sunshine Airport, Wii Moo Moo Meadows, DS Cheep Cheep Beach, Dolphin Shoals, SNES Donut Plains 3

N64 Rainbow Road was played 0 times :(
Excitebike Arena was played 3 times
3DS Music Park was played 3 times
DS Cheep Cheep Beach was played 5 TIMES

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

OmagnusPrime Feb 1, 2015 09:40 AM

Apologies for the rather quick up and leave yesterday, I probably shouldn't have even fired the game up because I've been feeling rundown and shitty since I was ill earlier in the week. I was trying to see if I'd pick up, but in the end I was just not feeling it and suddenly came over really drained and knackered, so went to bed.

Of course since Tails is an emotionally stunted idiot child that just means 'I was mad' and shouldn't bother playing any more. So be it, I won't bother again.

By the way Tails, if you look at the recording for last week it was nutty who suggested calling it where we did; oh yeah, agreement with another person, such anger there. But you know, don't let small things like fact stop you from making up more shit.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Feb 1, 2015 01:25 PM

You sound mad.

Tails Feb 1, 2015 02:19 PM

So fucking mad.

map car man words telling me to do things Feb 1, 2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSonic (Post 825291)
DS Cheep Cheep Beach was played 5 TIMES

Mmmm-mmmm~

Seris Feb 1, 2015 03:32 PM

it was my first time playing with you guys and it was really fun. i hope im able to join in next weekend, too.

Tails Feb 1, 2015 03:51 PM

Yeah it was pretty fun, definitely nice to see new faces joining in.

http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/po...93&action=prop

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Feb 1, 2015 03:57 PM

Leave your bob-bombs at home though

FatsDomino Feb 7, 2015 06:02 PM

Skills got mad enough to drop teams. Today shall be remembered!

Here's my footage:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/409937

Wall Feces Feb 7, 2015 07:05 PM

God damn squizz

Seris Feb 7, 2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatsDomino (Post 825341)

Here's my footage:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/409937

youre all welcome

SailorDaravon Feb 7, 2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatsDomino (Post 825341)

how is this even possible

Tails Feb 7, 2015 09:59 PM

Really, really good stuff all around today. Blue Dynasty started strong but then I had to change allegiance to the Red Communist Manifesto, who proceeded to destroy the Blue Dynasty. The dream is over, Dave.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Feb 7, 2015 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seris (Post 825343)
youre all welcome

Fuck you with a dick tornado

SuperSonic Feb 8, 2015 09:04 AM

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

FatsDomino Feb 14, 2015 07:02 PM

Uh oh! I got to host the Mario Kart 8 today! Here's my footage. =)))))

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/418547

Bananas Only best mode

THE POWER OF WATER Feb 15, 2015 03:37 AM

Best moment of this week: when a friend of Tails stops by and immediately drives off course at the start of Toad Harbor http://www.hitbox.tv/video/418547/videos?t=1h8m30s

SuperSonic Feb 15, 2015 08:21 AM

Worst Bob-omb throw ever

Worst Banana throw ever

BZ falls, first item in Bananas only race is coins

First item in second race, coins again

First item in third race of Bananas only, COINS...

Acer makes an awwww comment, COINS FIRST AGAIN?!!

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

THE POWER OF WATER Feb 18, 2015 08:19 PM

ramoth is coming in to visit Saturday afternoon, so I'm going to miss vroom vroom this weekend.

If you're still playing when we get back I may see about getting him in, but I don't know how he'll feel about being mercilessly slaughtered.

FatsDomino Feb 18, 2015 10:06 PM

Won't be much different than when we race against you so he'll feel right at home.

SuperSonic Feb 22, 2015 12:25 AM

Most useless effing Bullet Bill EVER

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

FatsDomino Feb 22, 2015 03:24 AM

<3<3<3<3<3 so glad to have OP back.

Sorry, I missed out on Karts this week. I was talking to Q about Shirogane no Nina off and on for a few hours because it had references to Finland. A whopping 4 of them after reading 40 some odd chapters but I talked about shit with him about when I lived in Alaska for two years as well which is the closest experience I can relate to Finland. Anyway, it be snowing over here and when 4 PM rolled around I went outside to shovel a shit ton up. 2 hours later I finally finished. I should have told Q and chat what I was up to but I was hoping I'd have been able to complete it a bit faster. It was pretty thick snow and eventually turned into sleet. Anyway, super happy that SuperSonic captured karts so I'm watching that right now. <3<3<3

Additional Spam:
You guys~ those Did you know factoids were cracking me up. Also wow Abby did really well this week.

Wall Feces Feb 22, 2015 01:08 PM

When did y'all play yesterday? I went on between 5 and 5:15 and didn't see anybody online, so I gave up and cried a bit.

OmagnusPrime Feb 22, 2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Chromosome (Post 825411)
When did y'all play yesterday? I went on between 5 and 5:15 and didn't see anybody online, so I gave up and cried a bit.

You may need to add Sonic to your friends list as he was the one hosting the room. Not sure how others in a room show up, guess they don't show as online and playing otherwise you would have seen me, Abby and Mark all in an online room.

FatsDomino Feb 26, 2015 11:14 PM

Haha I suppose we could be a lot worse. Holy shit these guys.

YouTube Video

wvlfpvp Feb 27, 2015 11:06 AM

Weird question: if you're on Music Park and you've lapped someone, do their bouncy music notes go at the same fast speed or at regular, since their music isn't fast yet. I guess this would only work if you're online.

SuperSonic Feb 28, 2015 01:18 PM

Who's gonna be able to Kart today?

wvlf - I don't think we've had a race like that yet in Music Park where someone (CHz) has lapped a human player in last place to test that.

Tails Feb 28, 2015 01:25 PM

I'll be around, but only for about 30 minutes to an hour as I have other obligations (SMASH PARTY) to attend.

SailorDaravon Feb 28, 2015 04:54 PM

I should be on. Thought I was gonna be on late or possibly not make it, but dinner plans fell through. I'll hop on in a minute here.

FatsDomino Feb 28, 2015 06:41 PM

Today was fun! I managed to get first place more than once. Holy cow!

Here's my footage:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/435512

SailorDaravon Feb 28, 2015 07:37 PM

Fucking Baby Luigi. YOU'RE OFF THE FORCE

THE POWER OF WATER Feb 28, 2015 08:06 PM

Our Baby Luigi fanfiction got me thinking though: how viable a strategy would it be to actually have one person on the team tank and just chill out near item boxes the whole race, trying to get as many lightnings as possible?

Additional Spam:
AW SHIT BRO

SuperSonic Mar 1, 2015 12:55 AM

Baby Luigi lacks the death stare.

<CHz> Q check out the SuperSonic teamkill power hour
<CHz> 23:22 <@CHz> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoAYnRLLn4c#t=674 Sonic murder #1
<CHz> 23:23 <@CHz> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX495hBxz5Q#t=173 Sonic murder #2

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

FatsDomino Mar 7, 2015 09:33 PM

I was like 30 or 40 minutes late but I managed to join in this week's festivities. =)

My footage:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/444085

SuperSonic Mar 8, 2015 12:52 AM

The return of Dave and Skills!!

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

FatsDomino Mar 14, 2015 07:40 PM

I actually got two silver trophies! I did good! =DDD

My footage:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/451406

SuperSonic Mar 15, 2015 12:03 AM

One silver trophy, one gold trophy, Music Park was played a total of 4 times which is 3 times too many.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

FatsDomino Mar 21, 2015 05:42 PM

Peanut butter eggs... what?

My footage:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/460519

nuttyturnip Mar 21, 2015 09:43 PM

Hey guys, I just saved a ton of money switching to imaginary Internet.

SuperSonic Mar 21, 2015 11:13 PM

Our new sponsor

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

SuperSonic Mar 28, 2015 08:08 PM

Much grunting at Music Park being played for the 3RD TIME

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

SailorDaravon Apr 1, 2015 05:56 PM

DLC 2 coming early on April 23rd, AND it comes with 200CC AND more amiibo support :O

YouTube Video
YouTube Video
YouTube Video

THE POWER OF WATER Apr 1, 2015 07:32 PM

That ten foot tall Mr. Resetti is honestly terrifying.

The Plane Is A Tiger Apr 1, 2015 07:45 PM

Well, I was kind of on the fence about the Pac-Man amiibo, but that helmet is pretty awesome.

Time to get excited for 200cc Music Park where NOBODY CAN MAKE ANY OF THE TURNS WHY DID WE THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA AUUUUUGH

FatsDomino Apr 1, 2015 09:48 PM

See, with 200cc you can get through Music Park quicker so you have more time to play more Music Park. :cool:

map car man words telling me to do things Apr 2, 2015 02:15 AM

THOSE JUMPS THO HOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIT

SuperSonic Apr 2, 2015 04:44 PM

Soon there will be FORTY-SEVEN OTHER GODDAMN TRACKS BESIDES MUSIC PARK!

Though, we still don't have a clue as to what those other seven are going to be yet.

SailorDaravon Apr 2, 2015 10:13 PM

They could all be Music Park Remix tracks.

LIAR Apr 3, 2015 09:41 AM

Music park cup

FatsDomino Apr 4, 2015 05:34 PM

Lots of corn-holing today~

Today's footage:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/477267

SuperSonic Apr 4, 2015 09:04 PM

Acer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNWuvkvktF8

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

SuperSonic Apr 11, 2015 07:51 PM

Only did an hour today, but DLC in less than two weeks!

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Wall Feces Apr 11, 2015 11:56 PM

god damn it abby

THIEF Apr 12, 2015 06:42 AM

Did you know? There are 39 other tracks in this game.

Yes I did and frankly I don't care.

wvlfpvp Apr 14, 2015 07:47 PM

One of these days I'll actually be home and not at work when y'all are RACIN. Mad jelly over herra.

SailorDaravon Apr 14, 2015 08:27 PM

Oh my God the Baby Park leak was real

YouTube Video

And the rest (?) of the tracks, including another F-Zero track:

YouTube Video

I'm not familiar with the other tracks, but people seem super excited about the Ribbon Road track.

SailorDaravon Apr 15, 2015 11:17 AM

200CC Baby Park. 7 laps. 90 seconds. So dumb, it's gonna be great.

YouTube Video

More new tracks. Big Blue looks amazing and has the goddamn announcer for the Final Lap, fucking baller as hell. Also like the female villager trick poses.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

FatsDomino Apr 15, 2015 04:52 PM

Neo Bowser City looks pretty disappointing. They didn't change it at all and it was kind of a meh track in Mario Kart 7 that really could have been great it they had done a total Mario Kart 8 rehaul. Cheese Land looks like it could be fun but I think the lack of a night/moon aesthetic makes it look like every other desert track in the game. Also while I'm okay with not having mousers on the track they should have at least had them in the stands or on the sides like they do with Shy Guys, Toads, and Yoshis. Besides those two tracks and my complaints with them, DLC2 is pretty damn stellar. I really hope Nintendo announces two more DLC packs at E3. Extending the life of Mario Kart 8 will ensure that people keep playing and giving Nintendo money.

LIAR Apr 16, 2015 10:46 AM

Holy crap that 200cc baby park. So much dizzy.

SuperSonic Apr 18, 2015 07:16 PM

There was much chumping this week as only 4 made it to Karts. However, it can be forgiven because Music Park was not played once (although Tritoch attempted to ruin that).

I expect there to not be much chumping next weekend (and I actually expect some returning people) due to the new DLC coming out as well as 200cc (WE GONNA WRECK), but I do recall someone saying they would miss it due to vacation. Sad times. :(

We lasted about 2 cups before Tritoch and myself migrated to Smash.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

DLC 2 NEXT WEEK

SailorDaravon Apr 23, 2015 06:21 AM

DLC is out. Early word is that 200cc is completely fucking nuts, even super hardcore people I know over on GAF who have max VR (?) scores and shit are falling off the track and hitting walls constantly, and at least for right now braking is a must or you gonna die. This also has unintentionally led to baby and featherweights now being top tier since they have higher grip which is hilarious to me.

Also to access 200cc in any mode you have to have beaten all cups on 150cc. It's not clear on if you have to have 3 starred them, gotten Gold or just beaten them period, but a heads up for folks who haven't bothered doing that before.

SuperSonic Apr 23, 2015 07:51 PM

Confirmed that 200cc is insane. I tried it out on 5 tracks. Excitebike, you're going so fast that the ramp boosts make you fly over 2-3 ramps completely. By the time you land, you're about to do another ramp boost.

But Mute City, MY GOD Mute City on 200cc is ridiculous.

SailorDaravon Apr 24, 2015 06:15 AM

I only had time to play for a few minutes last night, so I just ran through the 2 DLC cups in 50cc Grand Prix to get 3-starring them out of the way and check out the courses and new characters/karts. All of the tracks are pretty great. Big Blue is fucking awesome. The whole time I was trying to imagine playing these on 200cc and there are parts and tracks where I'm just like noooooooooooooooooooope

Wall Feces Apr 24, 2015 09:58 AM

The new DLC is really excellent. All of the tracks are exceptionally good. Baby Park is somehow even better than it was on GC. 200cc is shitfucking bananas. This game is a gift that keeps on giving.

I won't be able to join you guys tomorrow, unfortunately, but next week I should be around!

SailorDaravon Apr 24, 2015 05:22 PM

Played one race of 200cc on Baby Park. It was the best worst Mario Kart experience I have ever had.

GFF get togethers of this are going to be glorious.

FatsDomino Apr 25, 2015 05:37 PM

Karting with you guys was great today. I can't believe I actually won two cups! Gold! Twice! One 150cc and one 200cc! I had a lot of fun.

Hitbox decided to do two 10 minute videos for the first two. The third is where most of it happened.

Here's my footage:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/499465
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/499466
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/499467

SailorDaravon Apr 25, 2015 06:23 PM

My internet shit the bed, right after I'd won my first race too :(

This is one time I will actually watch the archives MISTER MAYOR

SuperSonic Apr 26, 2015 08:14 AM

Gonna have to figure out a bike setup for 200cc.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

FatsDomino May 2, 2015 07:33 PM

I arrived late and left early today. Also Hitbox was dropping so many frames so my only recording it managed to save is just nine minutes long. It does contain a "Did you know... ?" session which is always great. =)

I look forward to seeing SuperSonic's footage.

Here's mine:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/507717

SuperSonic May 2, 2015 09:33 PM

Apparently, Lakitu saves you if it feels you go too high

Best Bullet Bill ever immediately gets demoted to one of the worst (aka Omagnus's come from behind 2nd place victory)

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

FatsDomino May 9, 2015 05:38 PM

Nobody likes Dry CHz.

Here's my footage:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/514950

SuperSonic May 9, 2015 10:25 PM

This week: The return of CHz!!!...and the debut of Dry CHz!!!

One of the most epic finishes EVER

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

SuperSonic May 16, 2015 10:42 PM

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Tails May 17, 2015 10:56 AM

http://i.imgur.com/VRTnRl0.jpg

FatsDomino May 17, 2015 02:37 PM

YEAH ANIMALS -Tails 2015

THE POWER OF WATER May 22, 2015 04:39 PM

So there's going to be one extra Splatoon demo period tomorrow at 3 PM Pacific (10 PM UTC), or an hour after we start karts. I missed all the demo sessions last time, so I maaaaaay want to get into this one.

Unfortunately it's all randoms-only so there's no way for us to make it a thing, because while Nintendo is the best it is also the worst.

SuperSonic May 22, 2015 07:37 PM

I would have no qualms about cancelling Karts tomorrow to try the Splatoon test run out once more. That hour I got in last time was pretty nuts.

But yeah, matchmaking needs to happen now but won't for at least another couple of months.

map car man words telling me to do things May 23, 2015 12:59 PM

how about no and just kart like usual >:|

Splatoon will arrive when it does, kart is kart.

FatsDomino May 23, 2015 10:46 PM

Where's the ragtime kart 8 footage, SuperSonic?

SuperSonic May 23, 2015 11:24 PM

So unfortunately it wasn't discovered until after Kart that XSplit didn't record the Skype/game audio so the only sound that made it was my microphone. I usually do a quick check before each session and I heard my microphone, but the single player menu music is usually low so I assumed this was the case again.

Anyway, I've added in music in the background to at least make this less boring. :P

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

FatsDomino May 30, 2015 05:27 PM

I managed to get streaming working again.

Here's my footage~
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/537831

SuperSonic May 30, 2015 09:48 PM

Just a heads up that I will be unable to Kart next weekend, going to an anime convention. I MAY enter the MK8 200cc tournament, but we'll see. I'm also going to assume there will be no ONLINE Karts the following two weeks due to GFF Meet so I'll be missing you guys for the next 3 weeks. :(

Today's Kart Shenanigans, Parts 1 and 2 consist of just Q and myself with CHz, BZ (temporarily), Acer, and Tails joining in later.

Epic Accidental Red Shell Cancel

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

SuperSonic Jun 7, 2015 07:53 PM

Wanted to take a moment to thank you all. All this time of playing Kart with you guys really helped.

I did end up entering the 200cc Mario Kart 8 tournament at the anime con this past weekend and finished in 2nd overall in a bracket of around 40 entries.

How they did this was 3-4 players played at a time in each round, and the top 2 human player finishers advanced to the next round (which worked well in my favor).

1st round - Banana Cup
2nd round - Lightning Cup
Quarterfinals - Shell Cup
Semifinals - Leaf Cup
Finals - Special Cup

I'm hoping I can find the video footage of the Finals because it was insanely tight. I was watching some of the other rounds trying to learn something, and I actually did in one of the rounds from one of the female competitors. This allowed me to change my bike customization to help me have a better chance.

The female competitor I learned from actually ended up winning it all, which got her a free badge for next year's con.

SuperSonic Jun 26, 2015 12:41 PM

If Kart is still happening this weekend, I am doubtful I will make it definitely not going to make it. Going to an pre-anime convention picnic and then a movie. :P You kids have fun!

FatsDomino Jun 27, 2015 05:21 PM

Hey I got some footage of Mario Kart 8 today. Watch it if you like.

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/569174/

SuperSonic Jul 4, 2015 05:50 PM

Just me and Qwarky for a couple of cups this weekend. I will be chumping next weekend, gonna enter a Mario Kart 8 tournament that's being held an hour away from me.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Tails Jul 5, 2015 09:47 AM

Hahaha, poor Qwarky. I won't be around next weekend either, some friends and I are traveling to another Smash scene in GA about 2 and a half hours away to meet and play.

Tails Jul 14, 2015 11:49 AM

Apparently Kart isn't even happening anymore, lol.

I won't be around for the next two sessions.

Splatfest on the 18th, and I have a 28-man Smash Tourney to run on the 25th.

THE POWER OF WATER Jul 16, 2015 12:15 AM

My laptop's out getting a new battery and a few other maintenance repairs so I won't be on IRC, but if someone actually shows up this weekend and makes a room, I'll be in it.

SuperSonic Jul 19, 2015 10:18 AM

There actually was Kart yesterday between myself, Qwark, Chz, and shade. Electrodome became the new Music Park, being played a total 4 times. Because of that, I thought it fitting to race every Rainbow Road once.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

LIAR Jul 20, 2015 10:12 AM

Get.
In.
The.
DOME.

wvlfpvp Jul 20, 2015 06:39 PM

Maybe once I move, I'll have Saturdays. Hopefully Internet doesn't suck.

THE POWER OF WATER Jul 21, 2015 01:54 AM

GET IN THE DOME, WVLF

wvlfpvp Jul 24, 2015 11:29 AM

If my WiiU didn't have the whole "u no upload to utub", I could show you how I Have Always Lived in the Dome.

SuperSonic Jul 24, 2015 08:50 PM

Probably won't be around for Kart tomorrow. There's an Ultra Street Fighter 4 tournament that I'm gonna give a shot.

SuperSonic Aug 8, 2015 10:12 PM

Been a while, but there was some Kart today with myself, Qwarky, CHz, and BZ. We hit up a pub server to see if that would make things more interesting.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

SuperSonic Aug 15, 2015 11:26 AM

Might not be available for Kart/Smash/Splatoon today, gonna go be sociable.

THE POWER OF WATER Feb 13, 2016 07:23 PM

We just randomly played some karts for an hour and a half today. A lot of people showed up and it was nice! We might do this again soon!

16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park. Nope no sir, favorite is the wrong word
16:17 <@CHz> HAHAHAHA
16:17 <@CHz> Mission fucking complete
16:17 <@Roflfox> Music Park forever

SuperSonic Apr 29, 2017 12:57 PM

It took a new system and a re-release of this game, but my Favorite Course IS FINALLY CORRECT.

https://s21.postimg.org/46a6ksklz/Fa..._Corrected.jpg

The Plane Is A Tiger May 1, 2017 04:27 AM

I can't believe Nintendo released MK8 Deluxe so buggy. They couldn't even check the track names to make sure Music Park was spelled correctly.

THE POWER OF WATER May 1, 2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSonic (Post 828474)
It took a new system and a re-release of this game, but my Favorite Course IS FINALLY CORRECT.

https://s21.postimg.org/46a6ksklz/Fa..._Corrected.jpg

Finally a reason to buy Deluxe: to fix your mistake here