Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Help Desk (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Mouse Woes (New Driver -> Buttons Different) (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34103)

Muzza Aug 23, 2008 10:36 PM

Mouse Woes (New Driver -> Buttons Different)

I just updated my mouse's driver (it's an IntelliMouse Optical) because this driver program prompted me to (it's an official program, so don't worry about that). I installed it, and restarted, and now whenever I click the middle button (scroll), a completely different screen comes up that shows all my current windows:

I want it so that whenever I click that button, that dial appears that allows you to zoom and up and down the page appears. And in Firefox, when you click on a link with the middle button, it opens the link in a new tab. I can't change it, because the Microsoft Mouse program doesn't allow me to change the button functions; it's as if the program installed is for a completely different mouse. =.="

Any tips or solutions? I tried to reinstall the mouse driver, but that didn't really work out (lost control of the mouse :rolleyes:), so surely there's a more intelligent person out there who knows what to do!

Sousuke Aug 23, 2008 10:47 PM

I use the IntelliPoint software for my mouse, and in the Mouse control panel, there's this tab:

The highlighted field should let you change which mouse you use, so make sure that's set to the correct one. Once that's done, set your 'Wheel Button' to 'Middle-click'. That should do the trick.

Muzza Aug 23, 2008 10:53 PM

Ah, but that's the problem. For some reason, the control panel that I now have after installing the driver is completely different.

http://g.photos.cx/2-48.jpg

See how I can't designate different buttons, and how the mouse picture isn't even my mouse? I don't even have an option to change the "Connected device", which is really confusing me.

Muzza Aug 25, 2008 04:38 AM

Just a bit of an impatient bump. This isn't really an urgent matter, but it is somewhat irksome. =/

Sousuke Aug 26, 2008 04:33 AM

That's strange... You still have the default Mouse panel like that AFTER installing the IntelliPoint software?

Zergrinch Aug 26, 2008 07:10 AM

How 'bout plugging your mouse in a different slot?

Muzza Aug 28, 2008 07:17 AM

Tried that, but still no good. :(

Zergrinch Aug 28, 2008 10:49 AM

Hmmmm...

Is this a recent occurrence? Maybe if it's quite recent and you didn't make any other changes, you could just do a driver rollback and/or a system restore?

(See, drivers are silly that way. Generally if they ain't broke, don't bother fixing 'em.)

Muzza Aug 30, 2008 12:55 AM

I tried to do a driver rollback, but there wasn't anything to roll back to. =.=" And I'm not sure how to go about doing a system restore, could you give me a little info? Make it simple, though! :)

I can't even reinstall the driver because without the driver installed, I can't use my mouse to operate around to reinstall the driver. Quite a predicament!

RacinReaver Aug 30, 2008 04:44 AM

Your mouse should work if you use the standard Microsoft reference drivers. If it doesn't work, when you plug it into a different USB slot it should auto-detect it and install drivers that'll make it work.

Also, is the Intellipoint software listed in your Add/Remove Programs list? You can try taking it out of there and reinstalling it to see if that'll update that Mouse Properties window.

Muzza Aug 30, 2008 07:40 AM

=O RacinReaver you are the god of simple solutions! I can't believe I didn't do that before...I just uninstalled the Intellipoint software from the Add/Remove Programs list, and even though the mouse control screen has ceased to exist, my mouse is working just like it did before! I think the software/driver I updated must have abolished the function that I always used, and replaced it with that fancy high-tech multi-screen thing.

Oh well, thanks RR! And to all who posted in this thread! I'll be sure to leave my mouse drivers alone now. :)