Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   I make a bitch sandwich (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Unlikely Foodmates (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1830)

evergreen Mar 14, 2006 12:16 AM

Unlikely Foodmates

Do you enjoy any particularly odd pairings of foods? Chicken and waffles? Cookies and hamburgers? Tacos and fries? Different tastes for everyone, and I'm really curious to see how weird these things get.

Eleo Mar 14, 2006 02:18 AM

I like my french fries with mustard instead of ketchup. Although now that I think about it, what the hell is mustard made of? Ketchup comes from tomatos, but mustard doesn't come from anything.

nazpyro Mar 14, 2006 02:25 AM

I did one quick lookup: Mustard.. comes from mustard plants' seeds. So now... what the hell is a mustard plant? Someone else's turn.

As for weird, I'm a picky eater and avoid such situations, so weird stuff only happens when I'm consuming a bunch of leftovers. A few nights ago it was shrimp lo mein and chili cheese fries. Naturally, I got an upset stomach after this.

Nehmi Mar 14, 2006 04:10 AM

When I was younger, I used to love the taste of fruit roll ups and milk together. It has a certain taste I don't quite know how to describe. Haven't done that in atleast 10 years though, so my tastes may have changed.

Fleshy Fun-Bridge Mar 14, 2006 08:22 AM

Mustard: The seeds of a plant in the brassica family (cabbage, turnips, rapeseed, etc) that have been ground up and mixed with vinegar, water, and other ingredients. The seeds contain an enzyme that when reacted with water results in a oil which gives the mustard its 'heat'. The use of mustard as a spice dates back to ancient Egypt with the sauces that we know of today likely being developed by the Romans.

My father likes to make a snack out of a slice of bread smeared with peanut butter and coated with granulated sugar.

I used to live off of cream cheese and grape jelly sandwiches.

My sister mixes ketchup in with her scrambled eggs (blech).

andkeener Mar 14, 2006 01:48 PM

Am I the only one that thinks Nutella tastes great on everything? Last summer a few friends and I went through a phase where we would put that on everything or dipped everything we had in it. Sure it's good on toast or crackers or waffles, but it's also great with Combos, Doritos, ramen noodles (uncooked), oranges, apples, bananas, we even had it with french fries. Which is better than you would ever think. Nutella does nothing except increase the pleasure in your food eatting experience.

TRZD Mar 14, 2006 01:58 PM

Today I made spaghetti bolognese but with tuna and beans instead of mince. I normally use tuna anyway because it's cheaper, but I just had the beans left over and I wasn't gonna use them anywhere else so I gave it a go and it actually worked really well.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Mar 14, 2006 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZD
Today I made spaghetti bolognese but with tuna and beans instead of mince. I normally use tuna anyway because it's cheaper, but I just had the beans left over and I wasn't gonna use them anywhere else so I gave it a go and it actually worked really well.

Dude, you can't go making bolognaise sauce with tuna, that's just wrong.

I developed quite a taste for Franch mustard and mayonaisse on toast once. Has to be French though, English mustard is a little too hot for eating straight.

JackTheRipper Mar 14, 2006 09:08 PM

I like dipping cooked carrots in BBQ sauce and when I was younger I dipped french fries in mayo. I don't know how i could have eaten that, now that I think about it, but I guess it tasted good back then.

eks Mar 14, 2006 09:25 PM

I love BBQ/steak sauce on my potatoes. I don't think it's weird, but just about every time a waitress see me do it, they make a comment.

I also like mixing corn and potatoes. Mmmmmm...

NovaX Mar 14, 2006 09:28 PM

I don't know why, but the taste of Vegemite spread on fruit muffins or toast really appeals to me. It's awesome! Also, when in season I also like to spread Vegemite on hot cross buns.

sabbey Mar 14, 2006 09:48 PM

I don't know how strange of a combo it is, but my father thinks putting mayonaisse with ketchup and mustard on hot dogs is weird. Then again, he is also the one who got me hooked on peanut butter and mayonaisse sandwiches... ;)

Rydia Mar 15, 2006 01:59 AM

Cheese bugles and peanut butter was a combination I used to enjoy during elementary school. I remember discovering the pairing during first grade and then continued the habit for about a year as a snack after school.

CrimsonSerenade Mar 15, 2006 05:13 AM

Alright, this one is a little odd, but for some weird reason, I think ketchup and chocolate make a good pair. I tried it first when my friend gave me a piece of chocolate with ketchup on it, and ever since, I thought those two made a nice combination. The tangy-ness of the ketchup and the sweetness of the chocolate...pretty good, if I do say so myself.

wakarukaya Mar 15, 2006 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rydia
Cheese bugles and peanut butter was a combination I used to enjoy during elementary school. I remember discovering the pairing during first grade and then continued the habit for about a year as a snack after school.

Hmm, sounds like an interesting combination. I loved cheese bugles back in the day. I don't really see them around anymore, but I haven't really looked.

To me the peanut butter sugar combo is pretty normal. If you don't have jam or whatever, you can use sugar. I don't know how many people eat bread with sugar and butter, but its another good thing to make when there isn't much food in the cupboard.

Rachelle Mar 16, 2006 11:50 PM

I usually have toast with peanut butter and some sort of jam. My host-sis last year would take hers with sugar and some sort of olive spread instead of butter if there wasn't any sliced ham to go with her bread in the morning. If I buy avocados, I sometimes would spread it on bread with peanut butter and sprinkle it with pepper --> yummy!

And I sometimes eat oranges after sprinkling some salt on it. Lime juice with papayas taste good, so does chilli sauce with pineapple :D!

Jiraiya Mar 17, 2006 09:48 AM

Everyone thinks its a weird combo but bagel + cream cheese (normal part) but out 2 slices of bologna in between them and its heaven.

nabhan Mar 17, 2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiraiya
Everyone thinks its a weird combo but bagel + cream cheese (normal part) but out 2 slices of bologna in between them and its heaven.

That actually sounds really good.

The weirdest thing I can think of is Ketchup with my eggs, but that's not really too extreme.

peeack Mar 17, 2006 11:16 AM

I tried salt on an omlette once. It was fucking wild. The next time I even kicked it up a notch with black AND white pepper. It was a bit spicy for me!

Spyer Mar 17, 2006 11:27 AM

Those Jo-louie chocolate patty thingies and pickles. Holy shit, not only was it the strangest tasting experience I've ever had, it was the only time that I had to actually go to the hospital due to stomach pains. Oh, I will never ever have such a terrible combination.

Note: There was nothing to eat in the house, so I just had those two things. IT WAS 3 A.M. TOO!

EmpyreanHorizon Mar 17, 2006 09:31 PM

I'm a sucker for making my own salad dressing. I pound instant coffee and sprinkle some in my dressing. Also, when i make egg sandwiches, i put curry in it.

Trigunnerz Mar 18, 2006 09:39 PM

Chicken and waffles are actually good.

Someone told me that cheese and rice is good. I don't believe them.

Mucknuggle Mar 18, 2006 09:49 PM

A friend of mine used to put ketchup and slices of hot dogs in his Kraft Dinner. . . Another friend of mine likes to eat sliced bread with Aunt Jemimi syrup . . .

Fjordor Mar 18, 2006 10:30 PM

My mother is mocked by my father for occasionally having a peanut butter and pickle sandwich.

Of course my dad is not better. He has frequently taken honey or peanut butter, slathered it on a piece of bologna, then added a slice of velveeta cheese to that. And of course, he eats this wretched combination.