Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [:plant:] I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park. (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45373)

OmagnusPrime Jun 25, 2014 05:48 PM

I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park.

Hi.

So a bunch of us are smart people who a) have a Wii U and b) having Mario Kart 8 (because that shit is ace and why haven't you bought it yet stop reading these words and go fix that right now, oh you have it already in that case we cool).

Since Mario Kart 8 has an online mode that is actually pretty solid from what I've played of it, I propose arranging times when a bunch of us might happen to be online at a similar time and get some MK8 action going. What say you? (spoiler: the correct answer is "My word good sir that is a spiffing and most excellent plan")

NEXT MK8 ONLINE EVENT

DATE/TIME:
http://gifcountdown.com/europe-londo...ue/counter.gif

Wii U NNID thread to go post your ID

OTHER INFO

MK8 can host up to 12 people in online sessions so we shouldn’t have to restrict any group sizes, but first 12 people if somehow we get more.

Voice comms will be done using Skype for anyone interested in some smack talk to accompany their red shells. We will need someone on PC to host (as mobile/console Skype have silly participant restrictions), if anyone is willing to volunteer please let us know.

PROPOSED FOLLOWING MK8 EVENT DATE

Proposed:
http://gifcountdown.com/europe-londo...ue/counter.gif

CHALLENGERS APPROACH
(Player / Wii U gamertag)
- Acer Why (AcerBandit) / AcerBandit
- CHz / CHz_16
- Doesn't matter, OP is dead (Mo0) / SuperMo0
- Extra Chromosome (sprout) / TheBloodGrinder
- Grundlefield Earth (BahamutZ) / BahamutZ
- nuttyturnip / nuttyturnip
- OmagnusPrime / Omagnus
- SailorDaravon (and Philia) / MrDaravon
- Scent of a Grundle (Menno) / MennoKnight
- shade / shadebox
- Sousuke / Yggdrasilly
- SuperSonic / True_Blue
- Tails / Roflfox
- Team End Piece AND Team Shave (Diss) / TeamParty
- Team Shave AND Team End Piece (Skills) / Colonel_Skills
- The Plane Is A Tiger (Tritoch) / Manablade
- Turbo / TurboGFF

The Plane Is A Tiger Jun 25, 2014 05:50 PM

My word good sir that is a spiffing and most excellent plan.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Jun 25, 2014 05:58 PM

AW YEAH RUB A DUB KART

OmagnusPrime Jun 25, 2014 06:04 PM

Oh yeah, so whilst I think of it, the plan would be to co-ordinate the voice chats via Skype. Assuming that also works for people.

THE POWER OF WATER Jun 25, 2014 06:08 PM

Works for me, although I'm out this weekend because I gotta go watch some schmuck get married.

DST is active in the Eastern time zone too, so that should be 5 PM instead of 4 by the way.

value tart Jun 25, 2014 07:48 PM

Play Mario Kart while watching Hito get married, he won't mind

THE POWER OF WATER Jun 25, 2014 07:59 PM

I figured yelling out "CLOWNDICK" in the middle of the proceedings after getting lightninged might detract from the event a bit.

nuttyturnip Jun 25, 2014 08:02 PM

Right before they say, "I do", just toss out a blue shell.

THIEF Jun 25, 2014 08:14 PM

Not if he has a music box. Hito, get on that.

Sousuke Jun 26, 2014 01:04 AM

I'm out for this weekend but I plan to pick up MK8 come payday (next week) and I'd definitely be down for it then.

Scent of a Grundle Jun 26, 2014 03:17 AM

I might be able to make this work.

SuperSonic Jun 26, 2014 06:09 AM

Hopefully I can catch a break between the streams of Games Done Quick and CEO 2014 to get in on this action.

SailorDaravon Jun 26, 2014 07:15 AM

We actually got a Wii U and this yesterday so I'll be completely awful but I'm down. This Saturday is a bit rough for me as well with SDQ2014 and CEO so this one may or may not happen but I'm down in general. I'll also have to see if i have a mic for my laptop, honestly not sure if I do or not. Haven't used skype in years and years, worse case I could hop into chat or something I guess?

Wall Feces Jun 26, 2014 09:06 AM

I can't do this Saturday but I can do other times. My name on Wii U is TheBloodGrinder.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Jun 26, 2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 821407)
We actually got a Wii U and this yesterday so I'll be completely awful but I'm down. This Saturday is a bit rough for me as well with SDQ2014 and CEO so this one may or may not happen but I'm down in general. I'll also have to see if i have a mic for my laptop, honestly not sure if I do or not. Haven't used skype in years and years, worse case I could hop into chat or something I guess?

Worst case, use skype on your phone. That's what I do, and it works fine.

OmagnusPrime Jun 26, 2014 11:07 AM

Updated the top post with a new layout which should encapsulate the information posted thus far. Also added some counters which take in local time to give a better sense of the upcoming gaming sessions and when they are (and to avoid me missing things like EDT or PFT or WFT and other silly timezone abbreviations).

Daravon: what's your NNID?

SailorDaravon Jun 26, 2014 08:02 PM

It's MrDaravon. Is your Nintendo Network ID name what your online tag is for the Wii U? I got it all set up last night and online and linked to my NNID which I had already created on 3DS, but I wasn't sure if the Wii U still had friend codes or whatever. Given that it took over an hour to download the required system updated when I first booted the system I'm not making any assumptions about how Nintendo still operates on the internet.

OmagnusPrime Jun 27, 2014 01:48 AM

I was able to add MrDaravon on my WiiU friends list, so you should have a pending request next time you fire up. And yes, the NNID is your gamertag for adding friends on the WiiU (though the name you appear as in games is different as you're listed as just Daravon in the friend list).

SailorDaravon Jun 27, 2014 07:13 AM

Okay, when I get home tonight I'll add some folks then.

Grundlefield Earth Jun 27, 2014 08:35 PM

Okay. Should be available. BahamutZ

Haven't played much lately, so be prepared for sucking. skype: bahamutzee

FatsDomino Jun 27, 2014 09:14 PM

I would also be down for this. Actually thought it might be tonight but hey if I'm around on Saturday (probably) this should be excellent!

OmagnusPrime Jun 28, 2014 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grundlefield Earth (Post 821439)

Good point on the Skype name add, I added you to my contact list so you should have a pending request.

For anyone interested my Skype name is: omagnusprime

Anyone going to be on Skype via PC for sure?

EDIT: So not sure if Philia will be joining alongside Daravon, but if she does we have a full 12 right now, and if not a solid 11 which is great. I realise a few people are maybes, but at this point it means that if the room is full I apologise, but this is great news and I'm more than happy to do these on other days (be that Friday nights, though that could end up being too late for me).

Philia Jun 28, 2014 08:29 AM

Yeah, I'll be up for mario kart shenanigans. Daravon is the one who have ISSUES with his schedule. Supposedly stupid tourneys and whatnot is going on all day or whatever.

I don't plan on "gaming" mario kart like I do with other games but I can pick up a wiimote and have fun with it. :3 If we're skyping, you'll probably see us both. ;D

And I totally respect Nintendo for allowing co-op while getting us both in multiplayer, which is awesome.

EDIT: I just noticed your countdown clock. I'll have you know that I'll be late to the party. I get off at 5 pm EST today from a small 5 hour shift.

OmagnusPrime Jun 28, 2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philia (Post 821446)
EDIT: I just noticed your countdown clock. I'll have you know that I'll be late to the party. I get off at 5 pm EST today from a small 5 hour shift.

That's fine, you should be able to join the game in progress (provided there's room). You should see whoever is hosting (probably me) with a little checkerflag next to them in the friends list and joining from there.

SailorDaravon Jun 28, 2014 11:12 AM

Philia is so mean D:

Today specifically is just awkward since it's CEO 2014 which is the last big tournament before Evo in a few weeks. Fighting game tournaments are the only competitive thing I really watch, so this is equivalent to playoff action today for me. That said I can probably hop on for at least a while, I'd mainly just want to catch the special events happening tonight at CEO which start at like 9 or 10 pm (4-5 hours after the proposed Mario Kart start time). Right at this moment I'm in the last dungeon in Persona 4 so I'm gonna try to wrap this up, then I'll get the Wii U situated and add some folks. Outside of the basic system setup and playing like 4 rounds of Mario Kart we still haven't touched the system, so expect us to be terrible. I'll have to move the laptop into the living room and see if I can get skype setup, I don't even have it installed on this machine. Worse case we can hop into chat I guess.

Related, is buying a Wii U Pro Controller worth it? We have the regular Wii Pro Controller, is it worth the additional expense? $50 for the Wii U one is a big jump in cost over the regular Wii one.