Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Help Desk (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I can't access the drive (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39827)

jimmyray Feb 5, 2010 08:01 AM

I can't access the drive

Hi,
I have a 500GB Western Digital usb mass storage device with lots of data on it, and I have been using it without problems for several months. Now when I plug it in, the drive comes up in my computer as drive E as it usually does, but when I click it it asks me if I want to format it-when I click "no" I can't access the drive. If I format it again won't I lose all my files? The drive properties show 0kb for free space and 0kb for used space. What happened to the 300+ GB of files I stored on the drive? Is there another way to access the data on the drive?
Thanks in advance

Soluzar Feb 5, 2010 08:24 AM

If you format you will lose everything. However you might have already lost everything. If Windows can't see your data, then it seems like something bad has already happened. Any chance you can whip the drive out of the enclosure and try connecting it internally? If the USB enclosure is the problem, that would at least let you get your data back.

I presume you already tried it with another PC. If not, then that's your first step. Definitely don't choose to format the drive, until you're sure your data can't be recovered. I hope it wasn't anything irreplaceable.

Zergrinch Feb 5, 2010 08:27 AM

Did you buy it as an external hard disk, or did you buy it as an internal drive and then placed it into an enclosure?

It might be possible to recover the latter, but I have never tried to recover data from an external. If you disassemble it, you run the risk of invalidating your warranty...

This is unlikely, but who knows. Perhaps there's something wrong with the USB ports on your computer. Does plugging the hard disk into another computer yield the same result?

Welcome to Gamingforce, btw.

RacinReaver Feb 5, 2010 10:29 AM

You can try looking around the internet for data recovery software; I was recently trying out getdataback on my brother's HD (though that seems to be a mechanical failure, so :().

All the software I've tried for recovering data has been able to detect USB devices, so if you can rule out the enclosure as being the problem that should help things be a little easier.

RYU Feb 5, 2010 12:03 PM

try to use Hirens cd,boot it then use norton disk doctor,it try to fix boot sector.i hope will fix your hdd.

davidmorgen19 Jun 8, 2010 01:25 AM

i think this problem is because of a bad sector. so i dont think you get back your data from it. you need to format it and use low level format for solution. i faced same problem but after all trick i dont get back my data. and after all the process only process remaining is low level format. but after i done this i never faced any problem.

Inhert Jun 8, 2010 06:29 AM

Why bump a thread of a banned member?

Zergrinch Jun 8, 2010 06:46 AM

To showcase his advertisement cum signature, naturally, under a cloak of helpfulness! Totally legal, though your mileage may vary!

Maris Jun 8, 2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyray (Post 743597)
Hi,
I have a 500GB Western Digital usb mass storage device with lots of data on it, and I have been using it without problems for several months. Now when I plug it in, the drive comes up in my computer as drive E as it usually does, but when I click it it asks me if I want to format it-when I click "no" I can't access the drive. If I format it again won't I lose all my files? The drive properties show 0kb for free space and 0kb for used space. What happened to the 300+ GB of files I stored on the drive? Is there another way to access the data on the drive?
Thanks in advance

maybe if you click ´yes ` it can help. in most case if you click ýes` it works:)

Sehun Sep 29, 2019 03:14 AM

Fix Cannot access the drive

If you don't want to lose the data on the drive, formatting the drive is not a good choice. You'd better search data recovery tools online and find one to recover the data before you format the drive. Many tools, such as Bitwar data recovery, wondershare, recuva, etc. can recover data from the drive cannot be accessed.

The Plane Is A Tiger Oct 20, 2019 08:55 PM

I sure hope Jimmyray can access the drive now, wherever they may be.

^-^ Oct 23, 2019 06:25 PM

I was able to access the drive.

Aardark Oct 24, 2019 09:42 AM

I have mind-melded with the drive.

Sehun Nov 11, 2019 03:35 AM

Have you tried to change the drive letter assigned to the affected hard drive?
Or you can also Run check disk in Command Prompt.

If you still cannot access the drive, you need to recover the data from the drive. I suggest you try programs like Bitwar Data Recovery, etc. to get back your files safely.

Lord Styphon Nov 16, 2019 05:46 PM

I have heard that after nearly a decade in hiding, the drive was finally found by the people it was on the run from. The drive was subjected to powerful electromagnets and then smashed with a 20 pound sledgehammer. The drive is dead, and it has taken the data it had to the grave with it. It is no longer possible to access the drive.