Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Media Centre (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [Movie] Resident Evil Degeneration (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28106)

RYU Dec 16, 2007 11:29 PM

Resident Evil Degeneration

there new trailer for RE: Degeneration,is CG movie:

Video RESIDENT EVIL DEGENERATION TRAILER - resident, evil, degeneration, trailer, movie - Dailymotion Share Your Videos

sorry if post in wrong section.

WolfDemon Dec 17, 2007 01:16 AM

More of a teaser than anything, but it still looks pretty cool. I hope they use the same voice for Claire from the games. I'm sure Leon's voice will be the one from RE4.

K_ Takahashi Dec 17, 2007 01:38 AM

Looks pretty good.

I suppose Capcom were all like "Square made it work, why don't we do it"?

WolfDemon Dec 17, 2007 01:53 AM

Well, Claire and Leon are clearly involved, so at least there's actually characters from the series, whereas The Spirits Within had nothing to do with anything.

Bradylama Dec 17, 2007 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by also make my name Anti-Christ or something (Post 552749)
Square made it work for Advent Children.

Of course Degeneration could actually be good.

I'm not sure, though. There might be something about a cg zombie apocalypse that loses the scare factor when you're not interacting with it.

Megalith Dec 17, 2007 02:46 AM

Is this actually going to be released in theaters?

I'll be the first line, but it's going to bomb at the box office.

Grail Dec 17, 2007 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megalith (Post 552779)
Is this actually going to be released in theaters?

I'll be the first line, but it's going to bomb at the box office.

I'm not so sure about that. Allegedly the live action Resident Evil movies all made a good box office turn out.

And you know damn well Milla Jonovich wasn't helping...she only showed her twat in the first movie.

LS Dec 17, 2007 05:02 AM

This sounds like its going to be the movie of 2008,2009,2010.

Sorry just clearing that up

Leon is awesome he just is.

While Claire, i hope Chris redfield would be also involved in this one, for some reason i think this will be set in umbrella's Europe branch, where they are holding all the information and stuff.

Prime Blue Dec 17, 2007 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Desu (Post 552829)
for some reason i think this will be set in umbrella's Europe branch, where they are holding all the information and stuff.

But by the time the movie takes place (late 2005), Umbrella is long gone. I don't think the French office is still around.

I expect this movie to be something like a lengthened biohazard4 cutscene, with more familiar characters. Looking forward to it!
The animation looks superb so far. Not on par with ADVENT CHILDREN, but definitely top-notch.

http://i2.tinypic.com/8a578ll.jpg

The evolvement of Claire, from left to right:

1. BIOHAZARD 2 in-game
2. BIOHAZARD 2 FMV
3. BIOHAZARD -CODE:Veronica- Complete Version in-game
4. BIOHAZARD -CODE:Veronica- Complete Version FMV
5. biohazard DEGENERATION

Useless remark -> the airport information is:

Newark
Burbank
Portland 4.00
Denver 4.30
Syracuse 5.00

Jochie Dec 17, 2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

3. Resident Evil CODE: Veronica in-game
Wow. Was her head really that ... long? I don't remember that.

Megalith Dec 17, 2007 04:13 PM

Nobody went to the live-action Resident Evil movies for the fact that it was based on the game; they went because it was your typical campy zombie movie with special effects and pretty women.

People are simply turned off by CG films unless it's by a studio like Pixar and is family-friendly.

I do think that this will be the best CG film based on a game series though. Advent Children was utter garbage.

Does this take place before or after biohazard 4? Leon looks younger.

Elegy Dec 17, 2007 08:04 PM

You are completely correct about the RE movies and I also agree about AC. I really don't care for all this CG craze bullshit, but I hope this movie is fun to watch at least.

Uh I think RE4 takes place 6 years after Raccoon City and the movie takes place 7 years later, but I could be wrong.

Dark Nation Dec 17, 2007 08:40 PM

About damm time. Advent Children was crap, but I still enjoyed it, so if this movie is anything like the Resident Evil 4 cutscenes, it'll be a good popcorn flick.

Let's just hope they get that awful motion capturing problem finally eliminated *Shudders remembering RECV:X's intro movie*

jouhou Dec 17, 2007 08:52 PM

AC did very well outside of Japan even before it was officially released out of Japan. I guess that might be a reason why they're doing a CG movie. So far, I think CG is the best way to do video game movies.

Aji Dec 18, 2007 02:14 PM

Haha I fell asleep while watchin AC :eagletear:

Anyway I think that this RE movie is promising. I was pretty much let down with the live action movies. I'm kinda looking forward to it!

chaofan Dec 18, 2007 09:34 PM

Yeh, the live-action movies were pretty lame and stuff, but am I the only one here who's hoping for cheesy yet classic Resident Evil lines? :D lol

Leon: Here Claire, take these strings for YOU ARE THE MASTER OF TYING THINGS!
Claire: Thanks Leon. I'll get my right hand to TIE THE KNOTS :D
Leon: YOUR RIGHT HAND COMES OFF? :tpg:
Claire: *slaps head and covers face* ... a senior moment, perhaps... *sighs*

But seriously, lets hope this doesn't become the fan-service FEST that Advent Children was. Oh, and less emo :eagletear:

Prime Blue Dec 19, 2007 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaofan (Post 553922)
lets hope this doesn't become the fan-service FEST that Advent Children was.

That was not fan-service, that was idiot-wankery.

Josh_1 Dec 19, 2007 11:57 PM

Once I see this movie, I will forget that the other RE movies existed. No one will be able to get this right except for Capcom, so with that said... I'm excited about Degeneration. It'd be awesome if they released it a little before RE 5 to the consoles.

Kairi Li Dec 20, 2007 01:12 AM

I'm just glad I will get to see a next gen character model of Claire, seeing that it seems like RE Umbrella Chronicles won't have Claire playable. (Haven't got the game yet, so correct me if I am wrong.)

Nintendonomicon Jul 26, 2008 01:47 PM

New Degeneration trailer at Gametrailers.com. It's not a direct feed but still looks quite good. There's also a higher resolution available.

Jessykins Jul 26, 2008 02:05 PM

How did I not hear about this before? It actually looks pretty cool.

WolfDemon Jul 26, 2008 02:25 PM

The Tyrant theme from RE2 works surprisingly well as trailer music.

Looks like we'll be seeing a return of the G-Virus. I hope the CG is better by the time it comes out, though. Right now it looks like a Dead Rising cut scene. Not impressed.

Megalith Jul 26, 2008 02:33 PM

LoL. People cheering for a video game character.

I like how they had the balls to use the "Escape from Laboratory" theme. Of course it's the best track on the score.

Is Mikami even involved with this. Not even worth watching, if not.