Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Holy shit, Steve Irwin's dead. (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11698)

JazzFlight Sep 3, 2006 11:44 PM

Holy shit, Steve Irwin's dead.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...34-952,00.html

Some crazy stuff right there. This is a death straight out of left field, although with all the dangerous stuff he did, I guess it's not that unexpected.

It's too bad, I'd say he was one of television's "universally appealing" personalities.

Sakabadger Sep 3, 2006 11:45 PM

Kinda sucks that he went down due a stingray barb instead of a crocodile (which would be more appropiate?), or that he died at all...

But I guess this way it's cleaner, eh?

RIP Crocodile Hunter :(

Infernal Monkey Sep 3, 2006 11:57 PM

This is bloody awful. ;__; He was meant to be invincible. Invincible.
RIP Steve, you were right up there with Big Kev.

Identity Crisis Sep 3, 2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Courier Mail
It is understood he was killed instantly.

Well, at least he died in one of the least torturous of ways, but I guess he already went through countless injuries in his trials anyway. Heck, judging from what he did I thought he was immortal.

Meh, he saved injured animals and winds up like this. That's quite a reality check.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE Sep 3, 2006 11:59 PM

So did you actual Aussies like this guy, or what? I mean, he kinda reinforced every single stereotype there ever was about Australians.

Anyway, I kinda feel sorry for him. I know it was dumb for him to be doing this, but he has a family. :(

Eleo Sep 4, 2006 12:06 AM

A STINGRAY

GET IN THE CAR

Argentis Sep 4, 2006 12:06 AM

In a way it is a real shock, but you wouldn't expect a shock like this considering his profession. It's very sad to hear about this - I feel sorry for his family.

RIP

Koneko Sep 4, 2006 12:08 AM

I was never a fan of his shows but at least he went quickly and not in the jaws of a crocodile... My condolences to his family.

Skexis Sep 4, 2006 12:09 AM

I always thought stingrays were nonagressive, so it's kinda surprising for me to find that they can kill you instantly if they have the stones to.

Arkhangelsk Sep 4, 2006 12:10 AM

Damn, why'd he have to die like this? I suppose it is preferable to having him maimed by a croc or something really messy and violent (like what almost happened to Roy Horn), but still. So...anticlimactic.

RIP. He was an awesome man.
:( :( :(

Godai Sep 4, 2006 12:13 AM

I was seriously distraught when I heard about this. Steve Irwin was a unique character. RIP Crocidile Hunter. :(

Spatula Sep 4, 2006 12:13 AM

Shit man, that's terrible. Our familiy visited his zoo, the Australian Zoo in Brisbane in 2004. I think we saw him on like a trolley going to feed the crocs!

Maico Sep 4, 2006 12:13 AM

Anyone know how long a stingray barb is? And is it thick like a javelin or throwing spear? I wonder if he was impaled or if the barb punctured through his heart or what? I know he has a wife and at least one kid, from the shows.

Blanka Sep 4, 2006 12:14 AM

That's insane. I never would have expected him to go that way.. Actually, I wouldn't have expected him to go at all, at least not for awhile. :(

KCJ506 Sep 4, 2006 12:14 AM

'Tis a damn shame. He was truly one of the best at what he did. However, he was in a very dangerous profession, and something like this could have happened at any time.

Infernal Monkey Sep 4, 2006 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo
So did you actual Aussies like this guy, or what? I mean, he kinda reinforced every single stereotype there ever was about Australians.

Anyway, I kinda feel sorry for him. I know it was dumb for him to be doing this, but he has a family. :(

He wasn't nearly as popular here, hell, his TV series wasn't picked up by any of the networks for years, then it bombed when they did play it anyway. But where he'd drag out the outdated Aussie stereotype overseas, he'd make fun of himself for doing it when appearing on local talkshows or whatever. He was a funny bloke.

KCJ506 Sep 4, 2006 12:24 AM

Oh man. Terri doesn't even know yet. Oh Good Lord help her when she finds out.

Tama8-chan Sep 4, 2006 12:27 AM

When he presents himself here he doesn't really do the whole act quite as much as he does overseas.

He only really talks about his family and his zoo when he appears on anything here.

Cirno Sep 4, 2006 12:31 AM

I didn't want to believe this was true, but it unfortunately is.

I'm gonna miss the guy. I always found his shows interesting and fun to watch (although I stayed clear of that movie he did). He just seemed like one of those guys go out some other way and not doing the thing he loved.

At least he died of natural causes.

Spatula Sep 4, 2006 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maico
Anyone know how long a stingray barb is? And is it thick like a javelin or throwing spear? I wonder if he was impaled or if the barb punctured through his heart or what? I know he has a wife and at least one kid, from the shows.

Here's some information on Australian stingrays

http://www.nswseakayaker.asn.au/mag/47/stingrays.html

Man those sorta friendly and funny at first...but then.

Also, wiki time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray

I honestly thought those fellas were generally benign and didn't have fatal attacks that could strike so quickly.

Koneko Sep 4, 2006 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJ506
Oh man. Terri doesn't even know yet. Oh Good Lord help her when she finds out.

You gotta wonder how his daughter will take it.. Poor kid's only 8 (her baby brother is going to turn 3 this year). Really, how is Terrui (or anyone for that matter) going to break it to a child that their dad is dead.

PiccoloNamek Sep 4, 2006 12:46 AM

Dude, NO! I loved his shows and from what I've read about him he seemed like a really awesome guy. I feel pretty bad now. I can't even imagine how Terri is going to take this, not to mention his children. :(

Dullenplain Sep 4, 2006 12:47 AM

Well this certainly is a sad loss for humanity. Especially when the nature of his passing is sudden and unexpected.

Muzza Sep 4, 2006 12:56 AM

It's true that he was loved overseas moreso than in Australia itself. Like Capo said, he reinforced every single stereotype about Australians.

Despite this, I really liked him. He was unique and was quite a funny man, he will be missed. R.I.P Steve Irwin.

Elixir Sep 4, 2006 12:59 AM

Shit this sucks. I didn't like the way he represented his shows but that was pretty irrelevant.

It's going to hurt his child pretty bad. Wasn't his wife canadian? Well, rest in peace. ;_;