Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [360] Halo Kitty (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=161)

Elixir Mar 31, 2006 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHairyFeet
My point. Halo 2 is different from Halo. People should stop focusing on what it isn't and focus on what it is.

Oh, ok.

In that case, what is Halo 2, then?

Yillb Mar 31, 2006 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solis
What I find funny is that I can't think of an FPS in recent memory that didn't have these problems.

I didn't say the game was bad but when I said ending what I really meant was that I paid fifty dollars to get the same ending that the Matrix 2 movie had- it didn't feel like an ending. I think that was just a bad place to end the game- maybe if it had one more level where you ride one of those ships down to Earth as the invasion gets into full swing and it shows you standing in front of an army or something...[dreams]

The ending can be bad.
Halo 2 didn't really have an ending, which is worse- granted it may be the in between guy, but damn they could have ended it some way. Oh, and worse of all you finish playing as the Arbitor- happy days!

Whatever just no more crazy auto aim- bullets flying round corners and such.

Little Shithead Mar 31, 2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elixir
Oh, ok.

In that case, what is Halo 2, then?

HALO IS HALO

HALO 2 IS HALO 2, A BIZARRE DERIVATIVE OF HALO (BUT IT'S NOT HALO!)

Apparently.

silvervalkyrie Apr 1, 2006 01:07 AM

I guess it all comes down to whether you like Halo, Halo 2, both or neither.

I bought the game because I like the first one. I liked the second one. I don't get why people hate it so much and rant about it. If you don't like the series don't bye the third game. Or play the second one. Or the first.

There ARE much better games out there...

JasonTerminator Apr 1, 2006 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobius One
Last I checked Sony still has all the best exclusive franchises: MGS, Ace Combat, Gran Turismo, God of War, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, SOCOM, Kingdom Hearts, Ico, Ratchet and Jak, Katamari, ect. And who's to say that Sony's launch lineup is going to be crap? And I'm sure MGS4 will be getting just as much hype as Halo 3. Anyone trying to choose between 360 and PS3 this winter that is ignorant to all these games might as well just get a Revolution. It's made for non-gamers anyway.

Well, Nintendo has the best exclusive franchises, let's not try to deny that.

Judging from the piss-poor sales of MGS3, I don't think there's much hype from those not in the gaming hardcore for MGS4. Halo 3, on the other hand, is gonna be a must for nearly every casual gamer party there is.

You guys aren't thinking about the masses. Joe Schmoe doesn't buy a PS3 for Final Fantasy, Ace Combat, and MGS. Joe Schmoe buys fucking MADDEN every year for that insane multiplayer action, and will want the availible and (likely) cheaper Xbox 360, with it's Madden and Halo 3.

Nintendo is a wild card this year. They've shown that people like innovation with the DS, and if anybody knows how to appeal to the non-gamers, it's them (We're talking about the company behind Pokemon here.). I'm willing to bet they'll launch with a new Mario title that'll fully exploit the new controller (Ala Mario 64 and how the game used the controller so well some people felt it was designed for that game alone.). With a $200 price point, if they can pull off graphics that look enough like the 360 and PS3 for Joe Schmoe, they could seriously kick ass.

Sony and Microsoft are acting like Nintendo isn't even in the game anymore, but they have to remember that Nintendo INVENTED the game. Ignoring the Big N could be their downfall this year (And quite frankly, I'm hoping for it. I don't like the direction gaming is going following the PS3 and Xbox 360, with the only reason to get these new systems being nicer graphics. What the fuck is the point then?)

Stealth Apr 1, 2006 02:40 AM

Once again, Halo is the only thing that floats the sinking ship.

Nobody cares if Madden is on the 360. It'll be on the PS3 too.

LivingDreams Apr 1, 2006 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHairyFeet
My point. Halo 2 is different from Halo. People should stop focusing on what it isn't and focus on what it is (not that is it a shitty game, btw, because it is an excellent game. It's just that halo2sucks.com doesn't like it).

Some one should make a What Is Halo ytmnd with that what is love song playing.

Btw Halo 3 is officialy announced for ps3...it's kinda old news tho.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1...3forps36xy.jpg

Rock Apr 1, 2006 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivingDreams

Kinda old fake as well. Jeez.

Elixir Apr 1, 2006 06:10 AM

It's april fools, what were you expecting.

This is like, the third time he's posted that.

Solis Apr 1, 2006 06:23 AM

Quote:

How terrible that they decided to "seel" the license.

LivingDreams Apr 1, 2006 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elixir
It's april fools, what were you expecting.

This is like, the third time he's posted that.

Yea haha, I posted that picture on the official ps forum and for some reason...it ended up in a 12+ discussion cause some people thought it was real even with the obvious grammar mistakes.

Little Shithead Apr 1, 2006 12:04 PM

Quote:

Yes, because the BBC cares about videogames.

looks like a shop, pixels, seen a few in my time, ect.

Matt Apr 1, 2006 07:48 PM

I can't wait to find out what happened to Cortana and Gravemind.
Best plot device ever.
Why lie.

Oh and The Arbitrator. He was cool too.
Seriously, why even have that green guy in Halo 3. Clearly Halo is all about the social hierarchy of the Covenant and has NOTHING to do with Earth kicking alien ass. Save that crap for boring crap crapfests like that awesome movie Aliens.

Matt Apr 1, 2006 10:06 PM

You're right, that name is too bad ass for the likes of Halo.

It must've been "Arbiter" then. ....yep. :kitsune:

Mobius One Apr 2, 2006 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth
Once again, Halo is the only thing that floats the sinking ship.

Nobody cares if Madden is on the 360. It'll be on the PS3 too.

Quotted for truth. You know what else? Madden's also on PS2 and Xbox1! That's even cheaper than buying a 360. Sports games have nothing to do with Joe Shmo's next console decision.

To my knowledge, FFXII is still Sony exclusive, which means that the series as a whole is still with Sony.

MGS4 will get just as much hype as Halo 3 because of the graphics, it's PS3's best looking game right now and puts most (if not all) 360 games to shame.

NovaX Apr 2, 2006 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobios 1
Quotted for truth. You know what else? Madden's also on PS2 and Xbox1! That's even cheaper than buying a 360. Sports games have nothing to do with Joe Shmo's next console decision.

To my knowledge, FFXII is still Sony exclusive, which means that the series as a whole is still with Sony.

MGS4 will get just as much hype as Halo 3 because of the graphics, it's PS3's best looking game right now and puts most (if not all) 360 games to shame.

Seriously, I don't think MGS4 will be as big as Halo 3 to everyday Joe. I'd say nearly every XBOX owner has Halo, or at least played Halo. I don't think I could say that for MGS. MGS3 has been out for about 3 months before anyone I knew bought it and it has been out for about a month before I even knew it was out. Whereas with Halo 2 it had endless media attention for weeks before its release, it even had a freaking 60 minutes story about it.

I'd say MGS4 will probably have as much hype as Halo 3 within the gaming community, but not nearly as much in the everyday media.

RABicle Apr 2, 2006 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobius One

I like the way that in the past five years Final Fantasy games have been released on PC, Wonderswan Colour, GameBoy Advance and Gamecube. FF games are in development for DS and Revolution.

Stealth Apr 2, 2006 12:04 PM

I like how the main series (The one people actually care about, and not the old 1-6 games that are 2d) are still Sony Exclusive.

Were you trying to make a decent point?

silvervalkyrie Apr 2, 2006 12:37 PM

Is it wrong to look forward to the soundtrack from Halo 3 more than the actual game?

I just hope Bungie pulls of the impossible and gives the trilogy an ending that will satisfy most gamers.

Rocktime Apr 2, 2006 01:23 PM

Hm. So, Halo 3 is to be expected even though Bungie only refers to whatever they are working on as "our next project". However, I'm wondering if the datea and info isn't really just an april fools joke.

JasonTerminator Apr 2, 2006 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth
I like how the main series (The one people actually care about, and not the old 1-6 games that are 2d) are still Sony Exclusive.

Yeah, because the main series is ALWAYS better than the spinoffs...

Let's just ignore Megaman Zero, RE: Code Veronica, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Mega Man X, Phantasy Star Online, Pokemon Puzzle League, and many other spinoffs that have been equal or superior to the main titles in their respective series.