Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [:plant:] MrShinra: Im gonna go get a drink while Acer dies for a while (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41740)

FatsDomino Oct 12, 2010 01:41 PM

MrShinra: Im gonna go get a drink while Acer dies for a while

Hello and welcome to my let's play thread. You don't know what that is? Where have you been?! Well it's simple really. Although it is loose in how let's plays originally work I simply stream myself playing a game and you can join the stream and make commentary, suggestions, or yell at me for being a terrible terrible person at videogames and I'll talk back to you through a microphone and comment about crap going on in the game.

Games I've streamed include Minecraft and uhh Metroid Other M. Obviously Minecraft is mostly just me futzing around but I streamed most of Metroid Other M. What a horrible game but what a fun game to stream.

So speaking of Metroid Other M I am finished with it now. I may go back to maybe stream the beginning or 100% it if I'm feeling particularly masochistic one day but for now I'd like to play a new game. I'm taking suggestions.

So far I have Skills with Demon's Souls, A Boy and his Blob (Wii), and the Excite Truck/Bugs or whatever games. As hilarious as it would be to fail over and over at Demon's Souls it might be better to choose something I might actually be able to complete and that doesn't bore people to sleep.

Once I've decided what to stream you'll be able to join in on the fun by clicking the following:

DA STREAM

And if you want to see past broadcasts then check out the archive: CLICK~

My streaming for Let's Plays is a little irregular from my other streaming programs. Typically I'll try for Friday or Monday and always late at night. I'll always try to post in this thread before I start to give people a heads up if they'd like to join in on the fun.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Oct 12, 2010 04:30 PM

You should play Jet Set Willy on a Spectrum Emulator. I can think of little more amusing than watching you trying to beat that.

Worm Oct 12, 2010 08:47 PM

A Boy and His Blob or some other puzzly game would be fun because then we can all yell out solutions at you. ACER I SAID TANGERINE TRAMPOLINE NOT LICORICE LADDER.

FatsDomino Oct 14, 2010 10:52 PM

Hello everybody! I've done a foolish thing. I've spent good hard cash on Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 for 360. You do realize that you must suffer with me, yes? I plan to stream this SHIT tomorrow night. Be there.

FatsDomino Oct 15, 2010 09:08 PM

I'm going to be starting Sonic 4 in a couple minutes. Join me for the horrible if you wish. =')

Dark Nation Oct 15, 2010 09:48 PM

MAD GEAR ATTACKS ACER WITH SPIKES OF DOOM

ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

FatsDomino Oct 16, 2010 09:11 PM

I just noticed the title change. =')

Well in that case I'm gonna play a game where you can't die. >=Y

In about 30 minutes I'll let's play more of Kirby's Epic Yarn. Hope to see ya there.

No. Hard Pass. Oct 16, 2010 11:50 PM

He says this, and then he finds a way to die in Kirby.

Dark Nation Oct 17, 2010 03:00 AM

Just as an aside from Acer deaths, Kirby's Epic Yarn is Epic ADORABLE.

Sousuke Oct 17, 2010 11:08 AM

Acer, your Tom Woole voice reminds me of Stephen Fry, and it makes the game 1000x more amusing to watch. :3:

FatsDomino Oct 17, 2010 11:12 AM

Unfortunately I'm not exactly very stable at voices. I'll probably forget how these characters sound by the time I get back to them. I'm glad you enjoy my silly voices though.

I'll have to get around to encoding last night's broadcast later. I had a lot of fun.

i am good at jokes Oct 17, 2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denicalis (Post 772253)
He says this, and then he finds a way to die in Kirby.

Do you mean when a little angel comes up and rescues him from a pit/lava?

Because I guess that was technically dying, but with the least amount of consequence possible, what with the game picking up exactly where it left off.

FatsDomino Oct 17, 2010 01:43 PM

Yeah, there are no lives. There are no continues. There really isn't a way to fail except perhaps giving up but why would you? The only thing going into a bottomless pit or getting crushed or lava gets you is a loss of gems which if they manage to spill out over the ground are completely recoverable. You just have to be quick enough before they blink out of existence.

Sousuke Oct 17, 2010 06:11 PM

Acer, what do you use to broadcast? Like, hard-/software?

FatsDomino Oct 17, 2010 06:33 PM

It's a fairly simple solution. Livestream's procaster does most of the work broadcast wise. I can position an zoom an area for it to record and broadcast. I use a hauppauge hd pvr hardware capture device to capture component video. It comes with software that you can use for recording video but I only use it's preview window and let procaster do the actual recording business. Procaster can be a bit of a nitpick so before I open it I always turn on my microphone and make sure the capture device is turned off. Procaster allows you to use webcams so it thinks the capture device is a webcam. Unfortunately since Procaster doesn't understand how to interface with the capture device as a webcam it freaks out and won't start so I only turn on the capture device after I've started the broadcast (at least once, if I'm quick enough I can get a broadcast going again). Anyway, that's mostly it.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Oct 17, 2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcerBandit (Post 772289)
which if they manage to spill out over the ground are completely recoverable. You just have to be quick enough before they blink out of existence.

If Sonic the other night taught me anything, this is not your forte.

FatsDomino Oct 18, 2010 12:07 AM

loooool well Kirby doesn't control like a giant cheese wheel balanced on your dick, Skills, so I manage well enough in this game. =')

FatsDomino Oct 18, 2010 09:31 PM

Alright I'm gonna start streaming more Kirby soon. Hope to see some peoples there. =)

FatsDomino Dec 17, 2010 09:58 PM

I've been pretty lax in updating this thread while I've been let's playing Donkey Kong Country Returns. I should be beating it tonight. You're welcome to join me. I'll be starting soon.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Dec 18, 2010 03:04 AM

Are you planning on finishing up to 101% before switching to Vanquish? All you've got left is a few KONG collections, 8-K and 9-1.

As amusing as it would be to see you tackle the trials and the puzzle pieces and go for :C: I don't think it would be the best use of stream time.

Start Vanquish. On Hard. Don't be a giant slobbering Paco shaped vagina.

FatsDomino Dec 18, 2010 07:38 PM

I'll try Vanquish on hard at first but if it becomes to the point where no progress is made at all then I'll have to lower the difficulty.

I'm kind of curious what the hell is in the golden temple. When is the best time for you to stream anyway cuz I know you have night-shift. It may be better for me to do DKCR tonight while you're working and then start Vanquish after you return. Not sure what would be best. Hmmm...

FatsDomino Dec 19, 2010 12:05 AM

gonna play some more DKCR while skills is at work, see you in a few minutes

FatsDomino Dec 24, 2010 11:17 PM

VANQUISH TIME! =D

FatsDomino Jan 15, 2011 11:29 PM

MORE TIME FOR VANQUISH! RIGHT NOW!

FatsDomino Apr 16, 2011 10:18 PM

Been a while. Gonna play some Amnesia - The Dark Descent - tonight. Gonna get scured~