Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Media Centre (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [Movie] Avatar (2009) - BZ wants your nub (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37253)

Grundlefield Earth May 1, 2009 02:17 AM

Avatar (2009) - BZ wants your nub

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3...rpostertp7.jpg

This movie is finally coming December 18th after like 6 years in development, but no teaser or trailer as of yet. Estimated 300 million dollar budget. Not surprising since he broke budget records I think with The Abyss, Terminator 2, True Lies and Titanic I believe.

Apparently its supposed to revolutionize the 3D movie experience with his own 3D stereoscopic camera. This shows the camera- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2squ9HDuBeI

Basically no one has seen any film of yet, although one director has:

Exclusive: Soderbergh Gives Avatar High Praise - ComingSoon.net

Quote:

"In the future, Jake, a paraplegic war veteran is brought to another planet, Pandora, which is inhabited by the Na'vi, a humanoid race with their own language and culture. Those from Earth find themselves at odds with each other and the local culture.
Quote:

"Avatar is also an emotional journey of redemption and revolution. It is the story of a wounded ex-marine, thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in biodiversity, who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival," and "We're creating an entire world, a complete ecosystem of phantasmagorical plants and creatures, and a native people with a rich culture and language."
James Horner will also reunite with Cameron for the score.

There is even an Avatar MMORPG developed by Ubisoft that they say is coming in December, but we will see.

I love sci-fi and his movies in particular. It is going to be good. The question is just how good.

The unmovable stubborn May 1, 2009 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BZ (Post 699601)
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BRIAN%7E1.BHO/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Preserving this for posterity

Grundlefield Earth May 1, 2009 02:23 AM

Wow stalk me why don't you. I don't even know how that got in there. I will let you slide though since you like Breaking Bad.

Grundlefield Earth Jul 25, 2009 02:22 AM

Official Avatar Movie site | In Cinemas December 18th Worldwide

Damn this movie is slow on the news front. Apparently Aug 21st is the first screening in selected theatres. 15 minutes of footage for free.

Comic-Con: James Cameron's Avatar High-Res Na'vi and Trailer Date | TheHDRoom

Nice looking Na'vi there.

Kilroy Jul 25, 2009 04:11 AM

I wonder how much of the movie rides on the 3D thing. 3D is not that big a deal here in Denmark. Actually, I only know of a single place that do it. I don't know how it is for the rest of the world, but I'd be pretty damn sad if it looks like shit or just plain boring in a regular cinema...

Timberwolf8889 Jul 25, 2009 10:39 AM

It's a shame 3D cinemas might speed up pushing out traditional film projectors since film prints are still higher definition (they just require more training of projectionists which wont happen...:()

But hopefully this is the film that moves 3D from a gimmick to something that actually uses the 3D to tell the story as opposed to it just being, but until it does that, it's just another gimmick. For instance, for those who saw Up in 3D did it make a difference in how you perceived the story versus watching the 2D film print? I'm guessing not, but I haven't seen it, so I could be wrong. But I suppose moving pictures were also a gimmick back in the day, so I'm on the fence.

The Plane Is A Tiger Jul 25, 2009 11:01 AM

Oh great, this is in 3D too? What's with this sudden resurgence in popularity for the use of 3D? Out of nowhere every other movie seems to be using it now. Sure it can look pretty nice, but it's a pain in the ass trying to balance two pairs of glasses on my face.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timberwolf8889
For instance, for those who saw Up in 3D did it make a difference in how you perceived the story versus watching the 2D film print?

Not really, no. I only saw it in 3D because I had no choice in my area. I'll give Up credit for not using 3D in the usual shock ways, so it was interesting how it gave a bit more depth to characters. Not a big difference though, and I would've been happy to pay $3-4 less and not have to spend the whole movie fiddling with those glasses. Hopefully it won't be long before they send this gimmick back into non-use.

Zergrinch Jul 25, 2009 11:23 AM

Well, it's pretty much impractical to pirate 3D movies, and I seriously doubt most people have 3D televisions or monitors capable of viewing it properly.

So, I'd wager you'll be seeing more, and not less, of 3D movies...

Grundlefield Earth Aug 21, 2009 02:44 PM

From what I heard, Avatar will most likely get a three month IMAX run.

And the teaser trailer is finally here.

Apple - Trailers - James Cameron's Avatar

Is anyone seeing the 15 minute screening today in IMAX? Apparently, people who have on imdb say the 2d trailer fucks up the movie and doesn't do it justice? However, they are probably just on an emotional high and many people on the site are just fucked up to begin with.

Cirno Aug 25, 2009 11:37 PM

I saw the trailer a while ago and I'm honestly not impressed with what I saw.

I still want to see it, and I want to see it on the big screen. I don't feel that the new teaser trailer did the film any sort of justice. The story does seem a tad bit cliche; someone compared it to Dances with Wolves, but with mecha and aliens on a jungle planet. Whatever.

I'm reserving judgment until the movie's released, although I'm far more interested in Cameron's suspected Battle Angel Alita live-action adaptation he's supposed to be working on after Avatar.

Grundlefield Earth Oct 31, 2009 11:03 PM

The Search for the "Avatar" Hype

The first big mainstream push is tomorrow on the Biggest hd screen in the world at the Cowboys-Seahawks game. Apparently, 3.5 minute trailer. The only trailer released prior was the 60 second teaser.

I guess you can see it before on the internet, but I'll catch it tomorrow.

Randi Nov 3, 2009 12:21 AM

I just checked out the trailer and I can't say I'm terribly excited for this movie to come out. I've never been much into kid's movies, myself.

Grundlefield Earth Nov 5, 2009 06:54 PM

Sir, sarcasm is not very detectable with text. Throw a smiley in there or something.

Kyndig Nov 14, 2009 10:16 AM

Obviously nothing too interesting to offer as far as the plot goes but the special effects are looking pretty spectacular. Is it coming out in 3D, because that would definitely seal the deal for me.

FatsDomino Nov 14, 2009 10:51 AM

You've not looked very far into this have you, Kyndig?

Kyndig Nov 15, 2009 11:27 AM

I've watched the trailer, which pretty much divulges the plot in it's entirety. Though perhaps you refer to me not knowing whether or not it's in 3D. I have vague recollection of someone saying something about that being the whole bloody point, but I could be wrong.

FatsDomino Nov 15, 2009 11:58 AM

Here, have a wiki article.

Avatar (2009 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bradylama Nov 15, 2009 12:58 PM

This will be a pretty rad digital vacation but it's not the hard sci-fi I was expecting when I first heard that Cameron was creating a new language for an alien race. I was expecting the aliens to be more alien and not just cat people.

Sigourney Weaver is still a fine lookin lady tho

Misogynyst Gynecologist Nov 15, 2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcerBandit (Post 732913)
You've not looked very far into this have you, Kyndig?

Its James Cameron doing a goddamned Halo movie. The End.

Bradylama Nov 15, 2009 02:38 PM

Those exosuits are pretty clearly appropriated from the mobile armors in Matrix: Revolutions. For spending so much time creating a gorgeous alien world they didn't put any thought into making Human technology feel fresh or interesting.

It's Starship Troopers invades Battlefield Earth.

FatsDomino Nov 15, 2009 04:57 PM

Ferngully 2 was awful. :(

Kyndig Nov 15, 2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeHah (Post 733014)
Its James Cameron doing a goddamned Halo movie. The End.

We shall debate this further over some L4D2.

Malmer Nov 16, 2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilroy (Post 715822)
I wonder how much of the movie rides on the 3D thing. 3D is not that big a deal here in Denmark. Actually, I only know of a single place that do it. I don't know how it is for the rest of the world, but I'd be pretty damn sad if it looks like shit or just plain boring in a regular cinema...

This just in! Or rather a couple of days ago: It will be shown in Digital 3D at Palads and BioCity Ã…rhus/Odense/Randers/Aalborg.

I ordered 3 tickets for December 17.

Misogynyst Gynecologist Nov 16, 2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyndig (Post 733065)
We shall debate this further over some L4D2.

You were all I AIN'T GETTING L4D2 BECAUSE OF MODERN COCKFARE 2 AND YOU DON'T LIKE THAT GAME AND HAHAHAHAHA I'M EATING A DELICIOUS TURKEY SANDWICH NOW YOU BOWL OF FAGGOTS HAHAHAHA.

(I look forward to playing you in it. The L4D2 demo was both harder than expected and more rewarding at the same time.)