Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [:plant:] Breath of Fire 6: All the Bravest - LOL. LOL Forever. (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45083)

The Plane Is A Tiger Aug 1, 2013 06:35 PM

Breath of Fire 6: All the Bravest - LOL. LOL Forever.

After a decade of silence Capcom has decided to resurrect the Breath of Fire series as part of its ongoing quest to destroy everything you've ever loved. The new game will be for browsers, tablets, and phones and is coming out sometime in 2014. Try to act surprised while you're raging at that. They're still trying to decide if they want to bother localizing it, but does anyone really care now that it's been reduced to a browser game?

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Aug 1, 2013 06:53 PM

I would rather cut off my own dick, boil it in shit stew and enjoy it with a hefty dose of AIDS seasoning than wake up to this news.

But alas.

nuttyturnip Aug 1, 2013 07:00 PM

You should probably fry your dick, since you're going to need a stylus.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen Aug 1, 2013 07:26 PM

They waited 10 years to release a successor to Breath of Fire V, a goddamn magnum opus of the JRPG genre and a beautiful swan song for the series itself. And what do they do? Announce a glorified flash game.

Fuck you, Capcom. First you shit all over Mega Man Legends 3 (in an ongoing effort to take a greater dump on the Mega Man franchise) and now this. Insulting.

The unmovable stubborn Aug 1, 2013 07:32 PM

Look at you guys, still able to muster rage about mishandled RPG franchises in a world where The Third Birthday exists.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Aug 1, 2013 07:56 PM

Oh man, if your metric for shit is The Third Birthday do I have some news for you.

THIEF Aug 1, 2013 07:58 PM

Well, whatever hope I had is now officially gone. Maybe I'll celebrate the news by playing BoF I-V while crying.

SailorDaravon Aug 1, 2013 08:24 PM

To be fair: at this point would anyone have trusted Capcom to deliver a competent BoF 6 on consoles or handhelds? It probably would have been garbage either way, I figure at least this way I know immediately upfront I don't have to bother with it or get my hopes up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Final Fantasy Phoneteen (Post 815841)
They waited 10 years to release a successor to Breath of Fire V, a goddamn magnum opus of the JRPG genre and a beautiful swan song for the series itself. And what do they do? Announce a glorified flash game.

Fuck you, Capcom. First you shit all over Mega Man Legends 3 (in an ongoing effort to take a greater dump on the Mega Man franchise) and now this. Insulting.

I agree that BoFV is goddamn fantastic, but the game was a big departure from the previous entries and doesn't seem to be widely received that well (it sold less than half of what 4 did in all territories), so whatever 6 was going to be it was probably going to be nothing like what 5 was. Goes back to my first point of it was probably going to be shit anyway. I don't trust most of the big name companies to make competent JRPGs for the most part at this point.

As an aside they also announced that Breath of Fire 2 is coming out to the Wii U Virtual Console in the upcoming months. While it's hilarious that it's going to take "months" to release a digital version of a fucking SNES game, the game also has quite possibly the worst english translation of a RPG of all time, so that really helps with the sting of this announcement.

Angel of Light Aug 1, 2013 08:31 PM

Its disappointing but alas not surprising.

Its just too bad companies, expect every game they make to be a huge financial success. Yet they simply ignore, neglect and push established well loved franchises to the wayside.

Its all about making the most money with the least amount of risk or effort.

I really need to start playing the rest of the breath of fire series when I have the free time to do so.

Sarag Aug 1, 2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 815845)
As an aside they also announced that Breath of Fire 2 is coming out to the Wii U Virtual Console in the upcoming months. While it's hilarious that it's going to take "months" to release a digital version of a fucking SNES game, the game also has quite possibly the worst english translation of a RPG of all time, so that really helps with the sting of this announcement.

I'd really hope that they'd retranslate that game. Even when it came out, it was an unacceptable mishmash; now it's just laughable.

The Plane Is A Tiger Aug 1, 2013 08:42 PM

It's just going to be a port of the VC release they already gave Breath of Fire 2 several years ago on the Wii. No idea why it's taking so long when the only thing they really have to mess with is gamepad compatibility.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel of Light
Its just too bad companies, expect every game they make to be a huge financial success. Yet they simply ignore, neglect and push established well loved franchises to the wayside.

You mean like Capcom's announcement from yesterday when they expressed disappointment that the console port of Resident Evil: Revelations didn't set the world on fire. The same goes for their Dragon's Dogma DLC which they forced people to pointlessly rebuy the full game to get.

The unmovable stubborn Aug 1, 2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Acetylene torch located in my anus facilitates my escape from the '73 Cadilliac in Antarctica (Post 815843)
Oh man, if your metric for shit is The Third Birthday do I have some news for you.

The thing about dead bodies is that all the fluids pool on the underside of the carcass, so if you want to see something really disgusting you have to make a deliberate effort to really get hands-on and see what kinds of foul beetles and grubs are lurking under there. The Third Birthday is the dry, sun-bleached surface of the JRPG corpse, pitiful in its decrepitude and only hinting at the absolute stinking filth that can be had if you just roll up your sleeves.

Whereas I just saw like this leathery hand sticking out of the floorboards and went guess we're done here.

Vemp Aug 1, 2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

UPDATE: Capcom has told Eurogamer that it is currently undecided on whether Breath of Fire 6 will reach Western shores.
This reminds me of the FF7 spin-off games for mobile phones back then. I can't remember if those got released outside of Japan.

Also, more smartphone gaems!

Quote:

Other games announced included:

Monster Hunter Fronter G for PS3/Wii U
Monster Hunter Frontier G for Taiwan
Onimusha Soul (Unknown, possibly Vita)
Euro Historia (Browser-based)
Monster Hunter Mezapolta Reclaimation (Browser-based)
Street Fighter Battle Combination (iOS/Android)
Monster Hunter Big Hunting Quest (iOS/Android)
Street Fighter x All Capcom (iOS/Android)
Monhun Everyday Airu Life (iOS)
Frontier of Discovery (iOS/Android)
Codename: Rio (iOS/Android)

Angel of Light Aug 1, 2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vemp (Post 815851)
This reminds me of the FF7 spin-off games for mobile phones back then. I can't remember if those got released outside of Japan.

I think your referring to Before Crisis. Your absolutely right, it never had a North American release.

Single Elbow Aug 2, 2013 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pang (Post 815842)
Look at you guys, still able to muster rage about mishandled RPG franchises in a world where The Third Birthday exists.

Shadow Hearts: From the New World.

dagget Aug 2, 2013 04:20 AM

I'll just play my PSP copy of Breath of Fire 3.

Tablet, iOS, brower... what a joke.

I guess I'm also the only person who disliked Dragon Quarter. Come on Capcom. You're being awesome by giving us DuckTales in 2 weeks, why are you being shitheads with everything else? (lol Phoenix Wright 5 Digital Only)

russ Aug 2, 2013 05:17 PM

There's no point in getting upset when the last time the series was good, Bill Clinton was President.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen Aug 3, 2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorDaravon (Post 815845)
I agree that BoFV is goddamn fantastic, but the game was a big departure from the previous entries and doesn't seem to be widely received that well (it sold less than half of what 4 did in all territories), so whatever 6 was going to be it was probably going to be nothing like what 5 was.

No, I know that. I meant it was such a great finale for the series. I waited a while for a new entry before I realized it was such a high note to go out on. IV was somewhat mediocre (got better toward the end, when there weren't 5 billion half-baked minigames), but they came back to it and did something completely out of the ordinary for them and for a lot of Japanese RPGs. Virtually no story background; subdued dialogue; thoughtful, tactical combat; a gritty atmosphere; and absolutely phenomenal dungeon design? What a way to finish the series. I know it was because of financial reasons that they waited this long, but I'd like to think one designer out there was like "Nope, we're done here. Nailed it."

Xellos Aug 28, 2013 09:36 PM

10 fucking years we had to wait for a sequel to Dragon Quarter, and it is this? I thought the worst thing that could happen was see it go to the Wii...

I didnt complain about Bionic Commando, Lost Planet 2, or even Resident Evil 6, but now Capcom officially lost their fucking mind.

The Plane Is A Tiger Aug 29, 2013 12:08 AM

There was never any reason to complain about Bionic Commando as long as you had the retro character skin.

map car man words telling me to do things Aug 29, 2013 11:58 AM

who cares, it's not gonna be anything like Dragon Quarter, and that was the only good one in the series

dat's rite i went there what of it

EDIT:
ps boo is a faget

wvlfpvp Aug 29, 2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Term (Post 815869)
Shadow Hearts: From the New World.

Really? I felt that, while nowhere near as good as Covenant, it was at least equal in terms of enjoyable gameplay as the first main entry in the series. (Koudelka was a fun diversion, and worth replaying a couple times, but I know I'm in the VAST minority with that)

Much sillier, though. A true sequel could have been interesting (and may have toned down the silliness a bit), given how the series had a trend of the bad endings being canon.

Edit: Oh, and it has the darkest moments OF THE SERIES what with Killer being just plain vicious and how well the whole Emigre ritual actually "worked" for once.

Ken Hikari Sep 30, 2013 10:46 PM

Talk about a nostalgia bomb. I remember my password for this account years later, and here I am looking at a beloved series now being smushed into the ground.

What a sad day to be a BOF fan. In honor of this, I think I will go back and play through BOF 1, 2, 3, 4 and Dragon Quarter.

The Plane Is A Tiger Mar 20, 2015 07:10 PM

2 years later Capcom has finally released an actual trailer for this trainwreck. At some point they remembered that Ryu's hair isn't red and changed it to... black. Close enough!

Quote:

A long time ago, during the days of gods.

There was a clan that had a power that surpasses all living creatures, and sublime virtue that was said equal to that of the gods. This clan, called the “Dragons,” achieved great prosperity, as the world evolved.

However, the peace and prosperity would not last forever, as one day, the Dragon Clan split between the “White Dragon and “Black Dragon,” and this marked the beginning of a fierce battle.

With the giant dragons colliding amongst each other, natural disasters occurred on the planet, leaving it in terrible condition, and many lives were lost along the way.

Before long, thanks to the actions of a brave young man, the fight was halted. Then, the Dragon clan quietly disappeared.

Months and years went by. The battle between the White Dragons and the Black Dragons became a thing of legends, then from legend to myth.

…and now, the era of chaos surrounding the dragons is about to begin, once again.
YouTube Video

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Mar 22, 2015 06:10 PM

Not a lot of dragons in that trailer.