Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So what's the price of gas where you live? (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11561)

Gecko3 Aug 31, 2006 11:29 PM

So what's the price of gas where you live?

It's about $2.85 average in SE Wisconsin, which has been dropping in price lately (about a month ago it was $3.25, and has been dropping about 10 cents a week).

So, has the price of gas gone up where you live, or has it gone down? I wonder why they're lowering the prices now, cause the media's been trying to have us believe that the gas prices are going to skyrocket cause of some turmoil in parts of the world, yet where I live, it's going down, and hopefully it'll keep going down, cause I need to fill up my car soon :D

josho Aug 31, 2006 11:57 PM

For the entire summer the gas prices here have been within the range of $1.05 to $1.20. However, the past few days it has been between $0.85 and $0.90. I don't think this drop will last long, but it's always nice to dream.
Also, I didn't realise gas was so expensive in the US compared to here. Now I feel as though I have no reason to complain :(.

Arkhangelsk Aug 31, 2006 11:57 PM

The average around Austin is about $2.83, but my roommate managed to snag some tonight that was $2.75. However, back home in California the price was around $3.30-3.45 (correct me if I'm wrong, Californians, I'm in Texas now...).

Up in the CA mountains the price had climbed to about $3.80, probably price gouging due to the fact that they're the only gas station in the immediate area. Disgusting.

JasonTerminator Sep 1, 2006 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josho
For the entire summer the gas prices here have been within the range of $1.05 to $1.20. However, the past few days it has been between $0.85 and $0.90. I don't think this drop will last long, but it's always nice to dream.
Also, I didn't realise gas was so expensive in the US compared to here. Now I feel as though I have no reason to complain :(.

Is that per gallon?

Anyway, it's around $2.95 - $3.00 in South Fla, but only in Boca Raton. Down in Broward I see prices around the 80's.

josho Sep 1, 2006 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonTerminator
Is that per gallon?

No it's per Litre. Now after I think about it, since I was completely oblivious to the US not having the metric system, the gas prices down there aren't much different from mine. The conversion would make it about $3.40 per gallon, or somewhere near that amount.

speculative Sep 1, 2006 12:20 AM

Supposedly we have the 2nd highest gas in the country this week. $3.09 for regular and $3.29 for Premium (which is only 91 octane around here - we have shitty gas! :ninja: )

gidget Sep 1, 2006 12:37 AM

It's dropped down to $2.93 at the cheap gas stations in Southern California (near me, at least) but some areas are still around $3.15 or so. It's been slowly going down, but it can randomly go up again.

Rakka Sep 1, 2006 12:38 AM

Gas prices around here (Johnson County, Iowa) seem to be lingering around $2.70, which is a bit cheaper than average, I guess...the state has a subsidy on ethanol gas, so we're probably paying any savings on gas back in taxes, though.

To be honest, I don't even have a car at college, so I haven't been paying the closest attention to gas prices over the past few weeks. Parking in Iowa City is more expensive than gas!

Spyer Sep 1, 2006 12:43 AM

It was about $0.75 here yesterday because of the hurriance in Florida, but its gone back to around $0.90! Still, its been then most places.

Fatt Sep 1, 2006 12:47 AM

I live right on the outskirts of Chicago (literally a few blocks away), so it is currently about $3.15 per gallon (87 oct). The closer you get to downtown Chicago, the higher it gets, maxing at about $3.85 per gallon (87 oct).

The highest I ever paid for gas was about $4.25 per gallon (87 oct) in Chicago (this excludes what I paid internationally) around 2002~03. The lowest I ever remember paying was about $ .95 a gallon (93 oct) in southern Illinois around 2000. Ouch.

EDIT: added the octane levels for a more accurate comparison

JasonTerminator Sep 1, 2006 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyer
It was about $0.75 here yesterday because of the hurriance in Florida, but its gone back to around $0.90! Still, its been then most places.

Why the hell would that raise your gas prices? Last time I checked, Florida doesn't produce much oil.

I LIVE in Florida and my gas prices aren't changing, so you might want to have them stop screwing you.

BIGWORM Sep 1, 2006 04:08 AM

Here in Visalia (central California), the lowest I've seen it is $3.02 a gallon.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Sep 1, 2006 06:18 AM

You guys don't realise how lucky you are. Here I pay £1 a litre. That works out as roughly $7 a gallon. Most of the cost here is tax though.

Chibi Neko Sep 1, 2006 06:46 AM

In Newfoundland we are paying 1.08 per liter. The price here just dropped from 1.12.

Phoque le PQ Sep 1, 2006 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi Neko
In Newfoundland we are paying 1.08 per liter. The price here just dropped from 1.12.

:biggrin: Sorry, i'm relieved that price is lower here (quebec city): 102 cents. However, for some odd reason, for such a relatively big area here (about 600-650k), prices are higher (montreal, it's 93c)

splur Sep 1, 2006 08:20 AM

Went down to 87c/L yesterday. Or at least I think it's per litre, whatever it is. It's quite low, supposidly it went down to 73c/L in Toronto.

Adara Sep 1, 2006 08:24 AM

I live near Houston and the average price seems to be about $2.69 for regular unleaded, though I have seen it as low as $2.55 and as high as $2.79 in two nearby towns. It's not all that high when compared to what some of y'all are paying, but people complain about it nonetheless. In fact, Jesse Jackson himself decided to come to the area and protest gas prices at some refineries run by BP. It was kind of funny considering that he and a bunch of people marched around the parking lot with their signs in the super hot weather thinking that they were making a difference or something.

I poked it and it made a sad sound Sep 1, 2006 08:52 AM

I live up in Western Massachusetts and we've had a price drop recently. We're down to the $2.79 ± $0.10.

We were paying over $3.00/gallon back in July or so and I THINK we saw a hike with the Alaskan oil pipeline problem or whatever. It's getting intolerable.

Not to mention that it's hilarious to drive by stations that have gas for sale at $3.00/gallon still when the prices have dropped substantially. You can kind of guess where NOT to get your gas in the future based on their gauging.

Gechmir Sep 1, 2006 09:04 AM

Down to $2.55 at the cheapest gas station in town! (Bryan/College Station, TX)

They said it'd cap $3.00 easily over here. Feh. Was 15 cents off from beating that =p And now it's tapering off fast.

If anywhere, I think we'll hit a bottom rung of the lower $2 end. The days of $1/gal are gone I do believe.

I poked it and it made a sad sound Sep 1, 2006 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gechmir
The days of $1/gal are gone I do believe.

That wasn't that long ago, either. I remember being really anal about getting gas for $0.98/gallon.

CAN YOU IMAGINE? NINETY-EIGHT CENTS A GALLON? And this was only, what, 5? 6 years ago?

*AkirA* Sep 1, 2006 10:30 AM

Last I checked I think it was about 2.69 a gallon in my part of South Carolina.

Wojo Sep 1, 2006 10:45 AM

Another one of these threads eh?

Anyway just today I passed by a Sheetz and it was $2.75 a gallon which is much better than last week where it was something around $2.89.

Ronz Sep 1, 2006 10:53 AM

When I filled up a few nights ago I paid $2.59 at a Sheetz here in Raleigh, NC.

It's different all across the city though. It was $2.60ish near my house, $2.80 near my uni campus, etc. etc.

Just glad to know that it's certainly cheaper here than most other places of the country.

Secret Squirrel Sep 1, 2006 10:53 AM

On the way to work this morning, the BP and the no-brand across the street were both reading $2.34 for regular unleaded. Strangly enough, the midwest has some of the cheapest gasoline around.