Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   I make a bitch sandwich (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Top 5 world's HEALTHIEST meal. (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3055)

Kimchi Mar 28, 2006 08:21 PM

Top 5 world's HEALTHIEST meal.

Chosen by: (Don't know, I would appreciate if someone post the organization)

1. Greek Yogurt

2. Soy-Bean (Tofu,ect)

3. Kimchi

4. Olive Oil

5.Lentil

JackTheRipper Mar 28, 2006 08:27 PM

You're going to tell me that eating Olive oil is a healthy meal. Sure....

Kimchi Mar 28, 2006 08:30 PM

Use your brain... it ovbiously means using olive oil in your ingredience... and btw, yes drinking olive oil IS good for you. (not a lot.) and Some people takes a piece of one of those LONG bread and dips in to the oil and munches it.

Lee-chan Mar 28, 2006 08:30 PM

You know, Greeks have a lower rate of heart disease than Asians, and they consume more oil than... even Americans, I think. It's because olive oil is very low in saturated fats, so it's very healthy.

Relic Mar 28, 2006 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee-chan
You know, Greeks have a lower rate of heart disease than Asians, and they consume more oil than... even Americans, I think. It's because olive oil is very low in saturated fats, so it's very healthy.

To be exact, olive oil (and grapeseed and sesame oils, maybe canola oil too IIRC) is made up mainly of monounsaturated fats, which help reduce blood cholesterol levels. It also has antioxidants, which of course help prevent cancer. It's certaintly not the same as eating big blobs of margarine, which is also mostly fat, but is probably the worst thing you can put into your body.

And IIRC, Greeks and Italians have some of the lowest rates of heart disease in the world, in spite of having relatively high-fat diets.

Fjordor Mar 28, 2006 09:51 PM

Just an FYI, there has not been a single clinical study that suggests consuming anti-oxidants is of any significance better than not consuming them.

Radical Mar 29, 2006 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fjordor
Just an FYI, there has not been a single clinical study that suggests consuming anti-oxidants is of any significance better than not consuming them.

What about this?

http://www.prohealth.com/library/sho...le.cfm/ID/360/

elwe Mar 29, 2006 01:39 AM

More on antioxidants-- mainly on blueberries, but oh well.

Anyways, I still don't think I'll be drinking olive oil. I know of a lot of people who actually do that. It works in food, but I can't bring myself to actually drink it. :p

Tofu is pretty good too, although I can't stand the taste of soymilk. The first (and last) time I had it, I gagged and ended up spitting it out.

nazpyro Mar 29, 2006 02:20 AM

The only thing on that list that's ever entered my body is olive oil. Filipinos are doomed.

T0X1Qu3 Mar 29, 2006 05:55 PM

My grandma believes that drinking a tablespoon of olive oil a day is healthy.
I will never try it but I hope it works for her

And as for tofu, which is the only other thing I am familiar with, I for 10 years, was forced to eat it (growing up with an asian step mom). I still don't like it. Tofu burgers though... I'll eat that

Kimchi Mar 29, 2006 06:30 PM

Tofu is alright..... but olive oil is so expensive because it is clean...

Locke Mar 29, 2006 06:49 PM

I don't like the consistence of tofu, and I don't know what greek yogurt or kimchi is, but everything else is yummy :)

Kimchi Mar 29, 2006 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke
I don't like the consistence of tofu, and I don't know what greek yogurt or kimchi is, but everything else is yummy :)

Here's a plate of kimchi for you. And personally I don't know greek yogurt either.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...hi_closeup.jpg

http://www.lifeinkorea.com/Images/Kimchi/km011.jpg

Luckee Cookie Mar 29, 2006 08:59 PM

KIMCHI!!!! <3 + tofu = YUMMY :D!

(and the best thing is that it's healthy TOO!)

Hello_Kitty Mar 30, 2006 03:12 AM

why greek yogurt in first position ? I though all ingredients with lactose were more difficult to digest

Kimchi Mar 30, 2006 03:28 AM

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys that the order they are in doesn't mean they are best. None of these are ranked, but top best 5 in the world.

Minion Mar 30, 2006 06:55 AM

The Greeks and Italians seems strangely immune to heart disease because of the kind of fat they consume. Saturated and trans-fats promote heart disease, whereas monounsaturated fats and essential fatty acids (omega-3) reduce the risk of it. It is more because of the amount of fish they eat than the olive oil, although olive oil is the healthiest fat to cook with.

In fact, the fact that this "healthiest meal" doesn't include any sort of fish automatically disqualifies it.

Alice Mar 30, 2006 06:58 AM

Men's Health or one of those magazines published a similar list, but the items on it were different. I can't remember all of the foods, but I remember that olive oil was on the list, and also blueberries, almonds (why, I have no idea) and broccoli.

And yes, fish should definitely be on the list, and I'm not talking about Mrs. Paul's battered and twice-deepfried fish sticks.

Minion Mar 30, 2006 07:04 AM

Nuts are great for fiber. Almonds, Cashews and Walnuts are low in saturated fats and high in good fats.

Broccoli is like, the super food. If you're eating it, you're stupid.

Alice Mar 30, 2006 03:34 PM

I think you meant to say "If you're NOT eating it, you're stupid," right?

Minion Mar 30, 2006 03:35 PM

http://www.forcedshaving.com/wp-cont...mersimpson.jpg

I did write that at 7am. Gimme a break. ;_;

Kimchi Mar 30, 2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minion

In fact, the fact that this "healthiest meal" doesn't include any sort of fish automatically disqualifies it.

Tell that to the international organiazation that studies food (who decided it) buddy. Tell it to scientists who studied, yes who studied by cramming hundreds of thousands information in their head.

Minion Mar 30, 2006 04:16 PM

The hell are you talking about, dude? Show me a scientist that disagrees with there being a correlation between eating fish and being healthy.

I've never heard of this "international organization that studies food". Is that their real name?

nabhan Mar 30, 2006 04:25 PM

He's not saying that fish isn't healthy, but it's not as healthy as those foods, I guess.

I think it's kind of funny how Lentils are on that list, I and pretty much every brown person I know eats them daily, yet pretty much all my relatives die before 70.

Lentils won't save us ;_;

Minion Mar 30, 2006 04:29 PM

It is, though. Fish is the best source of Omega-3, an essential fatty-acid. It's been proven to reduce inflamation, fight cancer and reduce cholesterol. Fish are also high in quality protien and various vitamins and minerals. There is also no meat on that list, which is ridiculous. It's not healthy to go entirely without meat. You need to consume several different protiens, some of which you can't find in plants.