Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [Multiplatform] Brütal Legend: YOU CAN'T KILL THE METAL. METAL WILL LIVE ON. (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25827)

Paco Oct 13, 2007 01:44 PM

Brütal Legend: YOU CAN'T KILL THE METAL. METAL WILL LIVE ON.

ROCK AND ROLL, MAN!

From the wonderful mind of Tim Schafer, I have LONG been awaiting his next game and I'm fucking STOKED about this title.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4..._175_cov_a.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamespot
Back in August, Norwegian gaming site gamer.no reported on the next game from Double Fine Productions, the Tim Schafer-helmed studio responsible for the critically acclaimed and commercially ignored Psychonauts. That report was hastily taken down, but not before some key details could be gleaned and translated. The wild-eyed psycho is probably Black.

According to the site, the game was going to be called Brutal Legend and would star Tenacious D frontman and actor Jack Black as a rock band roadie who dies and must escape hell to reach rock heaven. At the time, Schafer said some of the rumors about the game were true, but a lot were false. The name was all but confirmed last month, when GameSpot discovered a trademark application for Brütal Legend.
More details are emerging today, as Brütal Legend is the featured story in the next issue of Game Informer, the cover of which is now posted on its Web site. The cover image proclaims it to be "a rock 'n' roll road show through the twisted mind of Tim Schafer" and also specifies that the game features Jack Black as roadie Eddie Riggs.
The magazine is also reporting that the game will feature "a stable of heavy metal legends" in addition to Black and is being developed for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

It's from the same dude who made Monkey Island, Grim Fandango and Psychonauts, guys. This cannot POSSIBLY be a bad game. <3

LONG LIVE SCHAFER~

Dark Nation Oct 13, 2007 02:14 PM

Wow, nice. Psychonauts, while not my favorite game, was very original, so this can't be bad at all. I guess I'll get this sometime (once I get my 360 >_> ).

Grawl Oct 13, 2007 02:19 PM

Not for PC? That sucks.

kuttlas Oct 13, 2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

the game features Jack Black as roadie Eddie Riggs.
DO NOT WANT

I wish Schafer would sit his ass in the director's chair and let someone else take care of the gameplay mechanics. Psychonauts was a brilliant game (only a fag would think otherwise) but it rides entirely on its characters, sense of humor and personality, the platforming was average at best.

It will never happen due to licensing but Hoagie NEEDS to make an appearance, he was made for this game.

Zeal Oct 14, 2007 03:40 AM

Anything Schafer touches always ends up being gold, so the haters can keep their mouths shut. This game will exhibit the same level of quality as the rest of his legendary AAA titles.

Anyone who can bring us Full Throttle and Grim Fandango is a legend in my book.

Elixir Oct 14, 2007 04:05 AM

Holy shit the main character looks like Clooney.

guyinrubbersuit Oct 14, 2007 03:54 PM

I definitely want to pick this game up. I'm a huge fan of Psychonauts, though I have yet to experience the glory of Schafer's other games. :(

FatsDomino Oct 16, 2007 06:05 PM

Let us all band together and make THIS game a commercial success. We need more Tim Schafer games.

Also, this is the 2222nd thread that I've subscribed to on GFF. Awesometastic! =D

guyinrubbersuit Oct 16, 2007 07:59 PM

Seriously. It should be a crime that Psychonauts withered away in commercial obscurity.

Infernal Monkey Oct 16, 2007 09:05 PM

First non-gameplay Trailer :3:

NOT FOR YOU.

guyinrubbersuit Oct 16, 2007 09:40 PM

That trailer was fucking awesome. However, I wonder how will the gameplay be? Or will it be more like Psychonauts where the gameplay was pretty by the numbers and it's strength will be in the witty writing and great voice acting?

The Plane Is A Tiger Oct 18, 2007 11:16 AM

Oh god yes. <3

I was starting to think we'd never see another game from Double Fine after Psychonauts' low sales. This could end up having the most generic hack 'n slash gameplay imaginable and the writing will still make it gold.

Hopefully this time they won't trust G4 to do all their advertising for them.

ZeroSlash Oct 18, 2007 12:07 PM

After reading game informer's article for it it sounds anything less than generic. It sounds like it's going to be more of an action game with warfare elements with different types of recruits like slaves of a mine who only used their heads as tools for digging are known as the headbangers. So I can still see a lot of creativity put into the gameplay as well. The guitar jamming "magic" system sound fun.

As much as I loved Psychonauts, I'll be waiting anxiously for this one and when I get a 360.

Monkey King Oct 18, 2007 12:17 PM

Tim Schaefer is one of the few people left whose products I will buy unquestioningly. He even put an umlaut in the name. This cannot possibly suck.

So is Jack Black voicing the protagonist, or one of the supporting cast? I can't really watch the trailer from work, here.

The Plane Is A Tiger Oct 18, 2007 12:41 PM

The trailer doesn't have any voice acting aside from the demon narrator at the beginning, but I think Jack Black is the protagonist.

FatsDomino Oct 18, 2007 07:46 PM

Hmmm... I should probably scan this 10 page article. It's pretty good. BRB...

Additional Spam:
Alrighty, here's all 10 pages. Scanned it at 300dpi, cropped it, shrunk it 50%, and saved it at medium quality. It all comes out to 5.28 MB. Since we can't have attachments bigger than 1.95 MB you guys have to suffer through loading images so hold onto your butts. Enjoy, for this shows actual screens from the game and it's pretty fucking sweet. =)

Infernal Monkey Oct 18, 2007 09:28 PM

Looks outstanding, especially the guy with fists the size of Mars for punchin' punchy good times. Thanks Acer! =')

FatsDomino Oct 18, 2007 09:34 PM

No problem. Something this amazing has to be shared. =)

Strife Oct 19, 2007 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeal (Post 515648)
Anything Schafer touches always ends up being gold, so the haters can keep their mouths shut. This game will exhibit the same level of quality as the rest of his legendary AAA titles.

Anyone who can bring us Full Throttle and Grim Fandango is a legend in my book.

Wow Zeal. Nice of you to steal my Grim Fandango thunder. :\

on another note,

I liked GF so much I bought two copies, and I got a free t-shirt for pre-ordering one of them. I'm looking forward to see some gameplay for BL.

galen Oct 19, 2007 01:48 AM

Hm.

The art direction is terrible. They seriously need to decide whether or not they are going for realism or more "cartoony" stylization.

EDIT: and while I'm here, I'd like to say the style/art direction of Psychonauts was great, but they seriously needed to learn some color theory. That game was the color of vomit, through and through.

FatsDomino Oct 19, 2007 08:52 AM

Is it just me or are my scanned images not showing anymore? =/

Can someone confirm this? I'll reupload somewhere else if photos.cx want to be a fag.

Infernal Monkey Oct 19, 2007 09:01 AM

Yeah, not showing here anymore either. The internet ate them!

The Plane Is A Tiger Oct 19, 2007 09:01 AM

Yeah, they all appear to be broken now for some reason. Brütal.

FatsDomino Oct 19, 2007 09:26 AM

You guys have any recommendation for a place that won't be a dick? I can understand why they'd take them down but god damn how in the hell does a place like that screen that shit? They must have a weird dimension filter for this stuff.

Additional Spam:
Alright, I've decided that Paco hotlinking to Game Informer's website with that cover image could have linked them to this thread and then when they saw the scans they contacted photos.cx to get them removed (yet another possible reason to add to why you should never hotlink). It's a possibility so I've uploaded the cover and edited Paco's post accordingly.

Additional Spam:
I've reuploaded the scans. Hopefully they'll stay up this time.

Paco Oct 19, 2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey (Post 516956)
First non-gameplay Trailer :3:

NOT FOR YOU.

<3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tritoch (Post 517599)
The trailer doesn't have any voice acting aside from the demon narrator at the beginning, but I think Jack Black is the protagonist.

Also, if Tenacious D is anything to reference to, I'm pretty sure that the "metal" (:tpg:) music in the trailer is also Jack Black singing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcerBandit (Post 518104)
Alright, I've decided that Paco hotlinking to Game Informer's website with that cover image could have linked them to this thread and then when they saw the scans they contacted photos.cx to get them removed (yet another possible reason to add to why you should never hotlink). It's a possibility so I've uploaded the cover and edited Paco's post accordingly.

That's right... Blame everything on the swarthy brown people. If we're not coming here to take your sweet sweet orange picking jobs, we're here for LULZKILLIN. :mad: