Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Game Music Discussion (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   [SotW] SOTW GOING OFFLINE FOREVER (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46201)

Kaleb.G Aug 18, 2016 06:44 PM

SOTW GOING OFFLINE FOREVER

Hi All,

I'm in the process of moving to a new server, and since it appears SotW has ceased to operate, tonight I will be taking the SotW website and wiki offline for good. I will be making a local backup before I do this. If someone wishes to start SotW back up, let me know and I can send you the files & DB contents.

Thanks,
Kaleb

Chuckster Aug 19, 2016 08:51 AM

SotW was a long-time part of my adult life, and its presence is missed. We had a great run.

Kaleb, do you have all the songs that were part of SotW? I haven't checked my collection recently, I think I have most but not everything.

Kaleb.G Aug 20, 2016 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckster (Post 828251)
SotW was a long-time part of my adult life, and its presence is missed. We had a great run.

Kaleb, do you have all the songs that were part of SotW? I haven't checked my collection recently, I think I have most but not everything.

I believe I have not only all of the winners, but all of the nominees for all 291 weeks.

And yeah, SotW had a great run! 291 weeks across 10+ years.

I'm going to get everything organized and you can let me know if there's anything you need.

Sarag Aug 21, 2016 09:52 PM

OH SHIT I HAVE A NOMINATION HANG ON

Talec Aug 21, 2016 09:53 PM

I never once participated (that I recall?) and I kind of regret that now

whoops

Kaleb.G Jan 12, 2017 09:19 PM

Well, the site is gone now. It was good while it lasted! One highlight was meeting Grammy-award-winner Christopher Tin and having him know who I was, all because of Song of the Week! (Even though it wasn't me who nominated his track, "Baba Yetu". Might have been Mo0 who did that; can't remember.)

But yeah, while my libido for video game music isn't what it used to be, I do have plans for a possible podcast focusing on specific VGM artists and diverse/obscure selections of their compositions. If/when I start it up, I'll be sure to post about it here! =}

Elorin Jun 10, 2017 02:51 AM

Not sure if you'll see this (and just realised the forums are back) but thanks for SotW, Kaleb. It was an awesome event and I would look forward to it regularly. Fantastic run. Thanks also to everyone to participated, it was very fun. Will certainly miss SotW.

Kaleb.G Mar 6, 2018 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elorin (Post 828505)
Not sure if you'll see this (and just realised the forums are back) but thanks for SotW, Kaleb. It was an awesome event and I would look forward to it regularly. Fantastic run. Thanks also to everyone to participated, it was very fun. Will certainly miss SotW.

You're welcome, Elorin! I enjoyed it as well. :D