Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   I make a bitch sandwich (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Your favorite asian foods? (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6836)

eriol33 Jun 1, 2006 01:15 AM

Your favorite asian foods?

Hmm, my favorite asian foods would be chinese foods. I love 'em especially fried rice and sea food. What's yours? Btw, are you non-asian eat rice too?

EDIT: I forgot to mention Sushi as well. Hoka2 Bento is my favorite fast food for Japanese cuisine.

Chaco Jun 1, 2006 02:42 AM

Curry Powder. That's enough said. You can add that to almost anything to make it taste good. Rice and Beans, Noodles and Beans are two of the best.

I can't stand Chinese or Japanese food. At all. Some of the most godawful stuff I've ever tasted.

Elixir Jun 1, 2006 02:59 AM

In before ramen replies.

There's this little Fish & Chip shop down here which has a smorgasbord (with no sneeze covers =D) of chinese food, which you can fill a dish up for $5. They have the best sweet chicken pork I've ever tasted. Not that I make a habit of eating chinese though.

Arkhangelsk Jun 1, 2006 03:57 AM

Since I live in the US and therefore only know of "Americanized" asian food, I don't know if I can actually say that I really like certain asian foods. Bearing this in mind, I will say that I love:

Japanese:: OMG Udon. I love Udon noodle soup, with just an egg cracked in it and maybe a miso broth. Easily my favorite, along with tempura sweet potato.

Thai::Any kind of medium-spicy yellow tofu curry. Actually, curry in general. Also, thai spring rolls with coconut-peanut sauce are very good.

Chinese:: I love the most american dish, Orange Chicken. I'm pretty sure this is one of those completely fake Chinese dishes, but I happen to really like it. I also am a big fan of potstickers, but there's only two places I've had them where they're really good. And of course, Spring rolls!

Vietnamese:: Well, this is really generic, but I really like Pho beef noodle soup. So good! I love most asian broth-and-noodle dishes, though.

Taiwanese:: Pearl Milk teas and slushies!!!

India (since according to British it's "Asian"):: (vegetarian) Samosas, The Whitest Indian Dish ever (Chicken Tikka Masala), Lentils, Mango Lassis and Gajar Ka Halwa.

pyrus421 Jun 1, 2006 04:30 AM

Japenis: Sushi and Sashimi
Chinass: Orange Chicken
Philippenis: Sinigang, Sago Gulaman
Somewhere...:Instant Ramen, Dried Squid, Boba,

SemperFidelis Jun 1, 2006 04:50 AM

Seriously, what Chaco said. Curry powder is my priestess. I put that on EVERYTHING.

Not sure if Mediterranean region counts as a part of Asia, but I LOVE Greek food. Hummus and pita bread. *DROOL*

elwe Jun 1, 2006 11:01 AM

Chinese: Personally, I can't stand stuff like fried rice, sesame chicken, and whatnot. I'll occasionally eat at Chinese buffets, but I'm not too crazy about that either. If I want Chinese food, I have to eat it from a good restaurant, which usually means a trip to Chinatown. I have so many favorite dishes, I can't even count them all. I'm rather fond of fish fillets with yellow chives, salt and pepper squid, various types of tofu, black bean clams, walnut shrimp (that stuff is NASTY at times, so it really depends on where I order it), and some beef noodle thing. It's basically made of wide rice noodles (which are actually dark brown in color probably due to the sauce), beef, onions, and whatever else a particular restaurant wants to add. Yum!

Vietnamese: Ah, whatever, I'll say it. Pho. Amazing. Period.

Japanese: I don't think I've eating too many Japanese dishes, but tose spicy rice crackers are amazing. The first bag I tried was pretty nasty, but I decided to give it another go and choose a different brand. Instant love!

Domino Jun 1, 2006 07:39 PM

I really like egg fried rice. I could live off this stuff. I also have a soft spot for BBQ ribs.

Lady Miyomi Jun 1, 2006 08:16 PM

I've gotten hooked on Thai soups recently. I'm also fond of miso soup. Seaweed is pretty tasty. I guess my favorite is probably shrimp fried rice and shrimp lo mein. I can't seem to get enough of either.

Battle_CRY Jun 1, 2006 09:26 PM

Favorite asian foods??? everything!!!! haha I love everything about asian food, any country would be fine too because everything basically looks and tastes the same (they're just called different names, but the ingredients are virtually the same...even the added MSG) haha.

knkwzrd Jun 1, 2006 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battle_CRY
Favorite asian foods??? everything!!!! haha I love everything about asian food, any country would be fine too because everything basically looks and tastes the same (they're just called different names, but the ingredients are virtually the same...even the added MSG) haha.

Wrong.

Anyhow, I prefer Chinese food out of Asian cuisine. I'm not sure why, really. I've tried Japanese and Thai cooking but I never really liked it much. Could just be where I've eaten. I like a lot of Indian food. There's a Sri Lankan restaurant in my city which is excellent.

elwe Jun 1, 2006 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battle_CRY

What exactly are you eating? :tpg:

HazelGuy Jun 2, 2006 04:59 AM

I loves me some Mongolian beef or honey chicken whenever I have chinese, though I have to watch the honey chicken or there isn't any left. Oh and I've been known to have a spring roll or fried dim sim on occasion.

Rachelle Jun 2, 2006 06:18 AM

I guess mine's malaysian foods... which is essentially a mix of chinese, malay, indian and others stuff all together... since that's what I basically grew up with... i like my food spicy hot and sometimes.. pungent since I can't think of a better word for it... and recently korean.... I've had some homemade kimchi and it's like love at first taste... my friend's mum is a really good cook and that might explain why.... Thai is really good too.... but I can't bring myself to eat much japanese though... i find it a bit bland somehow

pisscart deluxe Jun 2, 2006 07:04 AM

Thousand year old eggs and durian.

Calculusaurus Jun 2, 2006 07:55 AM

I'll have to go with sushi here.

But I also love a good pad-thai dish, or perhaps a paneer dish from India. Yum.

Calculusaurus Jun 2, 2006 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamamanama
What kind of cheese is paneer made from, anyway?

I have no clue, but I thought it was tofu at first.

Chibi Neko Jun 2, 2006 01:42 PM

Yaki Soba, miso soup, wonton and egg drop soup, chicken fried rice, noodles and orange chicken!! yum! now you are making want to go downtown for dinner!

Jin Jun 2, 2006 02:38 PM

Kalbi and adobo. I actually like kalbi over teriyaki. Whenever we go to L&L's or Kona mix plate I always get kalbi in my mix plate. Adobo, I don't eat anybody's adobo but my grandfather's. His taste different from everyone else, I guess maybe because we use shoyu that's made in Hawaii. Hawaiian shoyu is much different than regular shoyu.

SunkistTheHedge Jun 2, 2006 07:04 PM

The only part about chinese food i like is ........ Egg Rolls but the rest no go

Battle_CRY Jun 2, 2006 08:31 PM

Back to the monosodium glutamate discussion in asian cuisine...alright don't bust my balls about it when I say asian foods taste the same, because they do basically have the same ingredients and the same flavor. Glutamate is commonly found in food that are composed primarily from protein sources. Foods and ingredients that contain glutamate as an inherent component are not required to list glutamate on the label, so whether you think you're eating monosodium glutamate might not be inherent to your knowledge....but it can actually be found in tomatoes, cheeses, meats, hydrolyzed protein products such as soy sauce and tofu.

And I do eat americanized asian food but trust me...I'm filipino, my 2 best friends are korean and taiwanese....and both their families use MSG in atleast one of their meals, as well as my parents, so if you think that it's not used then you're wrong. The use of an umbrella term "Asian cuisine" disguises the immense variation in the cuisines of the countries and ethnic groups in Asia, however by calling it "Asian cuisine" then there is some similarities between the foods (geographically, staples and food production in Asia accounts for alot of the same taste because of the location). When I say it tastes the same I mean that, alot of the stuff I eat at other homes taste like the food I eat at my own, and I addressed this question in a very general manner. Oh yea and paneer is like mozarella(sp) I think, but without the salt.

Gumby Jun 2, 2006 11:51 PM

I love the home cooked chinese food I eat over at my inlaws home. Some of the stuff I didn't really care for at first, like some of their veggies because they have a bitter taste to them, but I do love how they cook lettuce. The barbaque pork ribs are awsome too, there are a couple of ways they cook them (only one way will you find in any restraunt) but they are all great. Sadly though I don't know what they call all the stuff they make.

Who has ever had Chinese sausage? Kind of bland compared to other sausages I have had but goes well with rice. Yams leaf is real tasty boiled with shrimp.

There is a place in town that cooks the best Kung Poa Chicken. Almost as good as the stuff I get at home. Also Green Thai Curry is some pretty good stuff over a large bowl of rice. Pho noodle soup and fried pho noodles are both really tasty with the right sauce.

Battle_CRY, try not to get all butt hurt over the ignorance of most people in regards to other cultures. It is sort of like trying to fight stupidity.