Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Help Desk (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   windows media player problems (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10443)

gymparasite Aug 8, 2006 08:33 PM

windows media player problems

hello. my windows media player 10 was working fine playing dvds but a few minutes later, my worst nightmare came true. I downloaded realplayer 10.5 and my windows media player no longer plays sound for dvds. the media player still can play dvd video but no sound. it can still play music cds with sound. yes i tried many dvds. many of which worked a day before i downloaded realplayer. i tried clean installing both programs: windows media player and realplayer. then installing only windows media player 10. still no sound from only dvds. next i used system restore. still problem presist. next i upgraded to windows media player 11beta. still same problem. i even downloaded a codec packet from microsoft.com and updated all drivers. still does not solve problem. my last resore was to call the help support from dell. dell cannot help me. i talked to a computer tech X2 he cannot help me. my final attempt was to check for file corruption by running SFC /scannow. but did not help. PLEASE someone help me!!!!!!!!! i really like windows media player and want to fix it.
other notes: i have 5 different players on my computer all works fine except windows media players dvd sound. they are: quick player, divx, media center, media player, realplayer(at the end, i reinstalled realplayer since i cant solve the problem anyway). my system specs are: dell e510. pentium D 2.8ghz, 1 gig ram, geforce 7300LE graphic card. any suggessions??????please help. if u solve this problem for me i will be your grateful friend who will hook ups. please do not suggest format my computer. this i really do not want to do.

subferno Aug 9, 2006 10:56 PM

Have you checked the settings in Media Player 10? Go to Tools/Options/DVD. See if you have a DVD audio decoder there and if it is the correct one.

Cyrus XIII Aug 10, 2006 06:51 AM

You know, there is always VLC...

gymparasite Aug 10, 2006 09:52 PM

i know there are other players. my heart is set on media player. also i have media player 11 and cannot degrade so i cant check the settings. i will try that

Double Post:
i just tried that dont work. it saids i have nero and i enabled the speakers and sterio sound. help

Roph Aug 10, 2006 10:04 PM

download this and use it to remove Real from your pc. The google around for something called Real Alternative, it's not hard to find. I'd try to remove quicktime also and go for quicktime alternative.

After that, install VLC and also CCCP.

Then you'll be fine.

Or you could insist on still using WMP and still maybe have problems.

gymparasite Aug 11, 2006 04:01 PM

so no one has solutions on fixing my media player except to use another program?

Cyrus XIII Aug 11, 2006 05:58 PM

That tends to be a common trend with Microsoft software, sorry.