Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Media Centre (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [Album] Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™ Discussion (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285)

Mucknuggle Mar 2, 2006 06:20 PM

Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™ Discussion

So we crashed. I'm busy with school, but I'm starting this up again. Look for the upload thread in My Stuff. I'll re-do the posts when I have more time after my midterms. Welcome back to the old members.

Tawnee Van Pelt Mar 2, 2006 07:40 PM

I have a mini of Backup I made for my journal
http://untipo.malasinfluencias.com/bside.htm

Not sure if all work as I cannot check them right now (school), but I hope some albums can be saved.

Admiral Amara Mar 2, 2006 11:39 PM

W00t, sweet, with the rebirth of this pair of threads. I'm happy about it.

Now to find new music that you guys haven't heard before... hmm.

Paco Mar 2, 2006 11:39 PM

My mistake for posting this in the Exposure thread.

Liquid Swords is so fucking awesome. It's actually rare that a mainstream hip-hop artist (or at least one who's been part of a mainstream crew) is able to come back to the underground and make a fuckin' dope album. Props on that upload.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE Mar 3, 2006 12:22 AM

For those who weren't on the SBF I highly recommend you listen to Iwata's uploads from the Radar Bros. High quality music, and very chill, which is a big plus. Also, if anyone here who wasn't on SBF wants a couple Immortal Technique albums, I could put the links on here, too.

Admiral Amara Mar 3, 2006 01:57 AM

I updated the Club's Wiki a bit in light of recent events. I think, for my first ever use of the Wiki, I did alright. I even got the links figured out.

Schadenfreude Mar 3, 2006 02:50 AM

Download the Merzbow.

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

Iwata Mar 3, 2006 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
Download the Merzbow.

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

Do you really want the merzbox? i can upload it for you if you truley want it.

Schadenfreude Mar 3, 2006 03:03 AM

I don't know.. but how the fuck did you get it dude?

Iwata Mar 3, 2006 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
I don't know.. but how the fuck did you get it dude?

I have A close friend who is a co-worker with me and he bought the goddamn thing and then ripped it all to cds and burnt me an entire set of it.

Have you had a chance to check out Can? I think you would like them, kraut rock with a noiseish feel to it and plus they are fronted by a crazy ass japanese dude named Damo Suzuki, who just recently did an amazing live album with Cul De Sac called "abhayamudra". I'm thinking about uploading it but the album is about 350 mb.

Also, you should check out the supersilent upload i recently posted, very good avant-garde noise.

Schadenfreude Mar 3, 2006 03:13 AM

Ah, Can.. have heard so many good things about them but have never listened to them. I'm starting to like a good bit of krautrock nowadays, so if you feel like uploading anything for me (haha) Can would do.

Quote:

I have A close friend who is a co-worker with me and he bought the goddamn thing and then ripped it all to cds and burnt me an entire set of it.
Holy shit dude. How much did it cost?

Also, you familiar with Ruins? I'm going to upload their "Hyderomastgroningem" album soon.. lovely shit.

Paco Mar 3, 2006 10:20 AM

Thread has been stickied in the My Stuff forum. You all owe Bigblah your first-born. :p

Schadenfreude Mar 3, 2006 11:42 AM

More Merzbow. Yes.

GO GO GO.

Seriously though, if you download one and find it too harsh, don't bother downloading any more Merzbow.

EDIT: Ruins is also <3. Very much so.

riceonfriday Mar 4, 2006 10:33 PM

rapidshare is having a running a thing where you have a free premium account. I don't know how long this lasts, but with unlimited downloads, this club can get to the point where I can download/share multiple albums, without waiting an hour in between.

Edit: apparently, the promotion is for 12 hours, and you have to have them email you a confirmation before you can begin.

Paco Mar 6, 2006 01:56 AM

Reuploaded those Kaizers Orchestra albums. I hope you guys enjoy them if you haven't snagged them.

Admiral Amara Mar 6, 2006 02:01 AM

The first one is full of duplicate files. And it's only nine tracks... I thought there were fourteen.

Wait, did I redownload that? Wow, I already had that one. I rock at life.

Downloading the others as we speak. KO is so damn awesome.

Paco Mar 6, 2006 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Amara
The first one is full of duplicate files. And it's only nine tracks... I thought there were fourteen.

Holy shit... I didn't even notice that! Thanks for the heads up. Thanks! :D

Mucknuggle Mar 6, 2006 08:28 AM

Oh snap. The Wiki entry is pure sex. Good job Admiral! I think that I'm finally going to upload another album. :)

Admiral Amara Mar 6, 2006 10:36 AM

You uploaded Brian Eno? <3 <3 <3

I've been desirous of this for years, Mucknuggle. You have no idea how happy it makes me.

Man, I love this thread. We get so much great stuff in here!

And thanks for the compliments. I just updated it a bit to keep up with the times.

knkwzrd Mar 6, 2006 11:10 AM

I've got the 9-disc Richard Pryor box set "And It's Deep Too..." from Rhino, which is basically everything he ever did, and I was wondering whether that was something that might be appreciated or not. I know it's not music, but it is mp3's and he's a damn funny man. I'll put links somewhere else if not. Input appreciated.

Admiral Amara Mar 6, 2006 11:13 AM

Personally? I think it's alright. It may not be strictly within the bounds of music... but, for further extrapolation on the near-breaking of those rules, please see Iwata for details. :P

Anyway, I think it's cool.

Schadenfreude Mar 6, 2006 11:29 AM

Merzbow is more "not music" than Richard Pryor.

Admiral Amara Mar 6, 2006 12:01 PM

I just uploaded the single most Indie release on the planet. It fits in excellent with the recent stream of Ambient/Noise stuff. Also, the CDs themselves are free, but the guy lives in Florida, so I'm simply saving Burton shipping costs. I rule.

Mucknuggle Mar 6, 2006 12:10 PM

Well, we have people posting stuff like DEATH METAL (or we did before)....so I don't really see the problem. Certain types of metal are more or less just noise . . .

Glad I could be of service Amara. That Eno album is pure sex.

BTW - what is this noise genre? Is it like...ah what the hell, I'll download one of the albums and find out.

Schadenfreude Mar 6, 2006 12:11 PM

Flying Testicle - "Space Desia" is probably the best ("pure" noise) album I posted. Seriously, it is ORGASMIC (well, if you're into noise, that is).