Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   I make a bitch sandwich (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New Dorito Flavors - Good or Bad? (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2304)

Sarmentosa Mar 19, 2006 12:31 AM

New Dorito Flavors - Good or Bad?

A friend of mine just brought over Habenero-flavored Doritos. Since I'm not into spicy (at least not without beverage of choice - beer), has anyone else tried them?

So far I have seen Guacamole and Black Pepper flavored Doritos.

RacinReaver Mar 19, 2006 12:37 AM

I think I had those guys a while back and thought they were fair. It was nice and spicy, but it wasn't a very flavorful hot, just hot that didn't taste good with anything I was drinking. =\

nazpyro Mar 19, 2006 02:15 AM

I tried the Guacamole one a couple of months ago. Meh, I prefer to just make my own guacamole dip plus tostitos. I haven't tried the other flavors, but I have seen them. For Doritos, I just stick true to the Nacho Cheesier!

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE Mar 19, 2006 02:23 AM

I ate an entire bag of the black pepper ones in like an hour.

They tasted like sex, but that just could be the munchies.

Fleshy Fun-Bridge Mar 19, 2006 03:05 AM

I haven't seen the Habanero ones around this area yet, but I do miss the 'Spicy Loud' Doritos that they used to market some years ago. Hopefully, the Habanero flavor will fill that void.

Josiah Mar 19, 2006 03:14 AM

I miss their 'Pizza Cravers' flavor. Anyway, I actually just finished the rest of a bag of the Habanero ones. I think they're pretty good, though they start to taste kind of funny if you eat a lot of them without eating or drinking something else. I suppose that's true with a lot of foods though.

kat Mar 19, 2006 03:31 AM

I remember really digging the Guacamole flavor when it first came out a couple years ago, but I bought some the other day and it tasted disgusting.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon Mar 19, 2006 04:52 AM

I've only tried the black pepper variety and they were amazingly good. I'm probably not a good audience for testing the quality of peppered foods, though. I'll eat pretty much anything with black pepper - beef jerky, pretzels, salami, cheese, chowder, etc.

The supermarket I work at doesn't stock the habanero variety. But we have the guacamole ones; I just haven't tried them since I'm not a huge guacamole fan.

johnnyisip Mar 19, 2006 05:48 AM

I'd eat more Doritos chips if they weren't Dorito chips, but kettle chips instead.

Wasn't there a Salsa flavoured version a while back? Or recently?
I've been looking for that, but have substituted it for Nacho Cheese Doritos + Salsa = Mmmmgood.

Rockgamer Mar 19, 2006 04:18 PM

I haven't tried the Habenero ones yet, but I've tried just about every other flavor ever made. I must say though that most of the new ones have sucked lately. I just want them to bring back those Pizza Hut Doritos they had years ago. Best flavor ever.

Niekon Mar 20, 2006 03:36 PM

The habanero flavored Doritos have been out for a while but had a big push at the beginning of the year with some interesting promotions that took place with Wal-Mart. Personally they aren't my thing...

Different flavors I've been seeing as of late that I never knew existed:
Chili Cheese Fritos - not bad
Baked! Cheddar & Sour Cream Ruffles - was scared of this one and went through the bag in one day
Black Pepper Jack Doritos - I think Capo mentioned them already
Tostitos Sensations Red Chile & Lime - very scared of this one
Tostitos Sensations Southwestern Ranch - not that bad... not like the Cool Ranch Doritos... a bit more of a kick to them
Salsa Verde Doritos - nope... the word salsa has me turning the other way...
Lime & Chili Corn Chips - citrus and chips? Blech...

They have a whole slew of products listed up on their site right now... and staring out the window of my office I see stacks upon stack of cases of Frito-Lay chips in our warehouse that are going to be packed into those cute little 24-count sacks or 50-count trays you see at Target, Wal-Mart, grocery stores, and club stores...

SemperFidelis Mar 20, 2006 04:21 PM

When I used to eat chips, I gorged on hot fries all day. I had the spicy doritos to see what it tastes like and it kinda reminded me of hot fries.

Chaotic Mar 20, 2006 04:26 PM

I like the Salsa ones... Those were pretty good...

But I never understood why people dip Nacho Cheesier into Salsa... I'd rather just have Tostitos with them.

JackTheRipper Mar 20, 2006 08:05 PM

Meh, I'm not much of a fan of Doritoes. Salsa Doritoes are superior to all other types, though.

Ryuu Mar 20, 2006 08:23 PM

Salsa was good for a while, as was the Guacamole one. Shame that I've grown to dislike them. I just don't want to eat them, and now the only Doritos I like is Cooler Ranch - my brother loves all of them, on the other hand, so if I won't eat it he will.

Dopple Mar 21, 2006 01:27 AM

I tried Guacamole. It was okay at first, but later I found the sour quality to be disgusting.

I'd like to try the Black Pepper one, but other than that I'd prefer to stick to the normal cheese ones. ^_^

Shinimegami Mar 21, 2006 12:34 PM

I hate Doritos period nowadays.
It was good at first but after a while it gets really sickening: the cheesy ones smell like someone's old gym socks, the black pepper is just strange and the guacamole is too tangy for my liking....

andkeener Mar 21, 2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo
I ate an entire bag of the black pepper ones in like an hour.

They tasted like sex, but that just could be the munchies.

Stoned or not, Black Pepper Jack Doritos are the best chip that has come out in a long, LONG time. To anyone who dislikes these, I hate you and you're gay.

Rydia Mar 21, 2006 03:27 PM

I try to taste all the new flavors that come out, but I still stick with the nacho cheese flavor. I had cooler ranch a long time ago, but still preferred the latter.

Overkill Mar 21, 2006 03:55 PM

Personally, I <3 Dill Pickle Doritos. This something I really don't get, considering I dislike Dill Pickle potato chips. Guacamole is a little meh, but it's okay. As for Black Pepper, I think I'll pass.

I'm not sure if Taco is new, but I love this one. And if their attempt at chip flavour innovation fails, I always have the tried and true Jalepeno & Cheddar chips to fall back on.

Also, Doritos + Slushy is the meal of champions. Just thought you should know. $0.99 Grab Sac FTW.

Yunnie Mar 21, 2006 06:26 PM

I haven't seen the newest flavor yet, but so far Guacamole is my fav when it comes to buying Doritos.

Ryuu Mar 21, 2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overkill
Personally, I <3 Dill Pickle Doritos.

Are those actually good? The very name "Dill Pickle Doritos" have thrown me off from even trying them.

Yunnie Mar 23, 2006 01:51 AM

Dill Pickle flavor is sour, but then got too salty if you ate too much at once.

acid Mar 25, 2006 03:55 AM

Doritos will never ever improve on the "big three". Nacho Cheese, Cool Ranch, and Zesty Cheese. Zesty cheese being the reigning king of all the universe.

Everything that comes after is simply shooting for fourth place.

nabhan Mar 26, 2006 12:43 PM

I haven't tried Black Pepper yet, but Guacamole and Dill Pickle are terrible. Spicy Doritos and the Pizza ones are the best.