Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Game Music Discussion (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Song of the Week - BATTLE 08 Voting/WEEK 65 Nominating (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8597)

Manny Biggz Jul 23, 2006 09:50 PM

Ok, fair enough. Where is the banned soundtrack/song list?

Here's my nomination

Album Title: NeoGeo Battle Colliseum Soundtrack (I got a rip, dunno if a OST came out)
Artist: Don't know
Track Title: King Leo's Theme (Arranged Version)
Source: well I don't remember the site I got the soundtrack from, but I can supply the track if needed.
Track Number: 25 on the ripped soundtrack
Year: 2005

THE POWER OF WATER Jul 23, 2006 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Biggz
Ok, fair enough. Where is the banned soundtrack/song list?

It's under the nomination queue. NeoGeo Battle Colliseum Soundtrack is clear.

Manny Biggz Jul 23, 2006 10:13 PM

Sweet thanks! :D If the song is needed, I can upload it somewhere.

The Bishop Jul 24, 2006 07:18 AM

Gah just noticed I missed the boat... :'(

orion_mk3 Jul 24, 2006 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bishop
Gah just noticed I missed the boat... :'(

What do you mean? There's still plenty of time to make a nomination before SoTW comes off its hiatus.

Also, I added Manny Biggz's nomination to the queue.

THE POWER OF WATER Aug 14, 2006 05:25 AM

Bracket H, the last bracket of the first round of the BSC, is up, so it's just about time for SotW to start up again. Just wanted to get some advance warning out so that people can get ready for it again.

Restarting it this week would be too soon, so keeping with our pre-BSC schedule, the earliest we'd start up again is Monday, August 21. Is this okay with everyone, or should we hold back for one more week?

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon Aug 14, 2006 09:39 AM

No, it's been a month already. Let's get back into it before the participants forget completely.

orion_mk3 Aug 14, 2006 10:24 AM

Yeah, start 'er back up. I need my fix.

We should all make sure to advertise in the BSC too--I bet some current participants would be interested in checking it out.

Elorin Aug 14, 2006 10:33 AM

I'm fine with starting next week. But will it be our regular Week 65 or the Special Week?

Kaleb.G Aug 14, 2006 02:07 PM

Start it up at any time. If we're a day late, that's no problem. I usually don't start listening until Wednesday anyhow.

TheKnightOfNee Aug 14, 2006 02:47 PM

Okay, so for someone new like me who will probably be joining this because I have been enjoying BSC, fill me in on some things here. I see the list of currently banned games/albums, but can we nominate songs that have been nominated in the far past, or can each song appear only once ever? (I'm not big on seeing songs over and over, but just in case I re-nominate something) Also, if I don't actually have the song, but I just know it from a game, or only have something like an nsf/spc/etc file, can I still nominate it?

orion_mk3 Aug 14, 2006 03:33 PM

Glad to have you aboard!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKnightOfNee
...but can we nominate songs that have been nominated in the far past, or can each song appear only once ever?

This is sort of a grey area; offically, only winners and runners-up are banned, but no one has ever renominated a track and the rules greatly encourage you not to. It's never really been much of an issue, though.

Quote:

Also, if I don't actually have the song, but I just know it from a game, or only have something like an nsf/spc/etc file, can I still nominate it?

Yes, in most cases. Unless a song is hyper-obscure or you personally ripped it, the people who manage the nomination cue can wrangle up a good-quality version.

The full rules are here: http://wiki.songoftheweek.info/index...the_Week#Rules

ikkei Aug 14, 2006 04:34 PM

Very glad to see that we are starting the engines again, thought the 21th of august seems to be so far...

THE POWER OF WATER Aug 14, 2006 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elorin
I'm fine with starting next week. But will it be our regular Week 65 or the Special Week?

Regular Week 65. After the voting threads go up, the special nominations can come in.

Quote:

I see the list of currently banned games/albums, but can we nominate songs that have been nominated in the far past, or can each song appear only once ever? (I'm not big on seeing songs over and over, but just in case I re-nominate something)

Yeah, as orion said, it's not expressly forbidden to renominate non-winning tracks, but we don't encourage it. But don't worry; if you nominate a track that's been nominated before, I'm sure at least one person will point it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikkei
Very glad to see that we are starting the engines again, thought the 21th of august seems to be so far...

Just one more week. You can make it! :D

Elorin Aug 15, 2006 10:54 AM

Speaking of engines, mine's a bit rusty. Okay, I've to get up to speed with SotW real soon. Urgh, the lethargy!

value tart Aug 15, 2006 02:22 PM

I can finally watch my track win a week!

IT'D BETTER WIN!

Darkcomet72 Aug 15, 2006 02:27 PM

So.... uhh.... what's this special week anyway, and why am I the only one completely left in the dust?

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon Aug 15, 2006 05:19 PM

Oh fucking A.

My nomination got bumped?

Now I have to wait until after the special week for it to come around? Man, that won't be until September, at least.

This special week had better be the most kickass thing ever.

:(

Grundlefield Earth Aug 15, 2006 07:19 PM

I want to nominate Max Payne 2 Game Rip - Duty Vs. Passion if that is all so good and jolly.

orion_mk3 Aug 17, 2006 09:08 PM

I wonder if we could get a mod to make an announcement when SoTW begins again--in addition to relentlessly pimping it in BSC posts, an announcement would help get more people (and perhaps lapsed participants) in the know and nominating.

Excrono Aug 17, 2006 10:08 PM

That sounds good to me. Now that I have enough time to post here a bit it would be a perfect time for me to get back into SoTW. I just want to clear something up though. I had nominated a track for the following week in the official thread (Satan from DQ V), but it had been removed. Is this because my nom for the "special" week is going there, or because it was disqualified?

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon Aug 17, 2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion_mk3
I wonder if we could get a mod to make an announcement when SoTW begins again--in addition to relentlessly pimping it in BSC posts, an announcement would help get more people (and perhaps lapsed participants) in the know and nominating.

I'm sure I or Kaleb could handle this.

Excrono - If anything was deleted, I'd wager that it's because you have an entry in the special week that's coming up.

THE POWER OF WATER Aug 17, 2006 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excrono
I just want to clear something up though. I had nominated a track for the following week in the official thread (Satan from DQ V), but it had been removed. Is this because my nom for the "special" week is going there, or because it was disqualified?

The former. If you want, you can renominate it again afterward.

Kaleb.G Aug 18, 2006 11:27 AM

So SotW is starting on the 21st then, right? I'll make an announcement with the date, if Crash doesn't beat me to it.

Excrono Aug 18, 2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHz
The former. If you want, you can renominate it again afterward.

Okay, thats what I thought but for some reason was under the impression the new nom would appear in the queue. Thanks for the info.