Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Creators' Cafe (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Please ask me for art (also stop being creepy) (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45509)

wvlfpvp Jul 10, 2014 11:15 PM

What is this sloppiness you speak of (holy wow terra)

Angel of Light Jul 10, 2014 11:30 PM

That Terra. HOLY SWEET HONORABLE FUCK.

THIEF Jul 10, 2014 11:39 PM

Holy shit, my eyes just exploded.

Radez Jul 10, 2014 11:40 PM

Dear carbonpaper,

Has anyone told you about this nifty vacation we collectively do in Maine? There is a beach house, tons of booze, a hot tub, a pool, the ocean, and two professional chefs who volunteer their time to cook better food than we deserve for us. Also people who are really cool and nice and such.

You should consider attending in 2015. It will be our ten year anniversary of getting drunk IRL. Perhaps you can illustrate everything. Sprout takes 3000 pictures. I suggest you aim to double that in illustrations.

Yours truly,
Random Internet Man

Little Brenty Brent Brent Jul 10, 2014 11:44 PM

You could be seen as a little bit too forward.

Sarag Jul 10, 2014 11:53 PM

f yeah Terra fanart~

coeccias Jul 10, 2014 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team End Piece AND Team Shave (Post 822420)
You could be seen as a little bit too forward.

Or maybe down, down-forward, forward.

Sarag Jul 10, 2014 11:56 PM

Quote:

Yours truly,
Random Internet Man

Probably a penis.
The new auto-signoffs are starting to pay off.

Philia Jul 10, 2014 11:59 PM

Well... it is a sausage fest.

Also carbonpaper, no worries on my request. I apologize for being vague. I'm just a fan of Ito's horror manga (Berserk manga too) and paintings from Beksi?ski.

Hell even art from Scariest Stories ever told is fucking AMAZING.

Yeah, I'm all for the horror genre man. Its incredibly underrated in works of art.

I'm also a fan of monsters in ton of games like in old FFs and the current Soul games.

carbonpaper Jul 11, 2014 12:13 AM

No worries, Philia! I too am a fan of Berserk. I first watched a bit of the show when I was a kid (a bit too young, but I stopped before it got really weird). I wanted to be pretty and suave and white-haired like Griffith so bad. Also, my little sister used to send me horror manga like the Enigma of the Amigara Fault here and there. If I were claustrophobic I'd be scared to bits, but the author's tricks of the trade are more fascinating!

Huh. I didn't know the GF demographics were more East coast-based... Maine sounds neat, but I do live on the other side of the US. I'll have to wait and see, there.

I'll still have some internet when I get to where I'm going, so I'll try to keep up with Gamingforce! I have bigger versions of every picture here. Might find a place to put them online...

map car man words telling me to do things Jul 11, 2014 01:13 AM

This Terra is gorgeous, mmmm.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen Jul 11, 2014 01:26 AM

Almost this entire third page is making me really impressed that carbonpaper hasn't fled in terror yet. But yes, also chiming in that the Terra art is fantastic. What's the title of the sheet music she's playing from? I can't read it at that size.

For my request, I would be ecstatic if you drew this guy doing whatever you think he would do. I don't know what his outfit would be besides what appears to be a blazer or something, so go crazy if you feel like taking on the task!

The Plane Is A Tiger Jul 11, 2014 01:27 AM

Oh man, that Layton is perfect. Finally everyone will have to admit how fashionable socks & sandals are for the gentleman on the go.

That Terra, though. It's absolutely crazy that you can speedpaint that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbonpaper
Huh. I didn't know the GF demographics were more East coast-based... Maine sounds neat, but I do live on the other side of the US.

It's really more tradition and airport convenience that keeps us in Maine these days. Nearly everyone flies in from all over now.

OmagnusPrime Jul 11, 2014 01:42 AM

That Layton is indeed really well done (though I still say boo to sock and sandals), but I feel this needs to be on display on the new page:

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbonpaper (Post 822413)
I had a lot of fun--ended up spending a little longer on this
http://i.imgur.com/RxEmRdv.png?2

That is really well done, very nice work. I think 'sloppiness' is possibly the wrong word for it, but I can see where you're coming from. Get the big blocks in and then start to tighten up the details where it's needed.

Also,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Final Fantasy Phoneteen (Post 822427)
Almost this entire third page is making me really impressed that carbonpaper hasn't fled in terror yet.

Quite. But please don't, because the art when it arrives is super fun to check out.

wvlfpvp Jul 11, 2014 01:53 AM

Quote:

What's the title of the sheet music she's playing from? I can't read it at that size.

My assumption is that she's playing the Piano Collections arrange of Terra, but I'm mostly just going on the big 1 on the left page.

Franky Mikey Jul 11, 2014 02:21 AM

Holy shit, carbonpaper, I have no words. Thank you so much, this is SO beautiful. ;_____; Really pleased you chose Terra, too! I can almost hear the Piano Collections playing...

That Pikachu is mighty cute too. Can I be your fanboy? :niki:

Little Brenty Brent Brent Jul 11, 2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Plane Is A Tiger (Post 822428)
It's really more tradition and airport convenience that keeps us in Maine these days. Nearly everyone flies in from all over now.

Airport convenience, he says, remembering the 2014 meet that was literally 3 weeks ago.

The Plane Is A Tiger Jul 11, 2014 02:37 AM

Well, conveniently close to the meet house. Actually flying in and out of it is a whole other story.

FatsDomino Jul 11, 2014 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbonpaper (Post 822413)
Jedi chicken and Darth Chef--the chicken is stoic here. I forgot the screams :(
http://i.imgur.com/4KH5lot.png?1

That's okay because I forgot to mention the portable vacuum cleaner that powers those screams so its in keeping. I love EVERYTHING about this art piece! That dangerous situation is just splendid. That flowing aviator scarf. You make everything work so well here. I can't tell you enough how much I love this and everything you've made! Thank you so much for being here and sharing your awesomeness! <3<3<3

map car man words telling me to do things Jul 11, 2014 02:51 AM

Please don't get bored of us within a week.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Jul 11, 2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Almost this entire third page is making me really impressed that carbonpaper hasn't fled in terror yet.

The line between encouraging and creepy is indeed a fine one.

Pretty much all of you are on or over it at this point for the record.

Sarag Jul 12, 2014 01:26 PM

even me? :(

carbonpaper Jul 12, 2014 10:39 PM

I do appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for my scribblings. It's very exhilirating to have such intense approval from so many people (many of whom I'm familiar with from the contests, like Tails and stuff).

You guys don't really know what sort of person I am, though...

http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1237318596/492/2272492.jpg

Sure, I make myself out to be a nice young individual who likes anime, drawing, and video game music...
But nobody here's seen my actual face yet--maybe I'm a beefy Neo-Nazi in my 30s, muscles all ripped from years of Krav Maga with a serious issue about the way video games erode Aryan culture. I might have some guy chained to a computer in my neo-nazi den that provides all the right answers, with blisters and tears from drawing too hard.
Come 2015, we could have a Cabin in the Woods in Maine situation where nobody quite knows who I am when I show up at the airport in a parka hiding all my muscles and the username I give doesn't ring a bell. The scene of the crime would take weeks to sort through, with teeth carefully collected to compare with everyone's dental records.

Or I could be the other me, trapped at a rehearsal dinner for a second cousin who--at this point--clearly wants to ditch the whole wedding thing. But who knows for sure?

Seriously, though, I'm friends with baskinzy and Musical Banana, so if I have a window to do next year's meetup I might see if they're down to go. The concept of going alone to a cabin across the country to meet what seem like a nice group of dudes (and maybe ladies?) on the internet is a little daunting as of yet (even though I've loved talking to all of you guys so far).
Also, I don't really drink, which is the sort of thing that seems to be... not good for parties. I didn't know it was bad decor, but people tell me it ain't cool.

I appreciate your flattery, ^___^! My self-esteem is, like, through the roof!

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss, you make a fine Colonel Commandant of GFF's Work Safety and Grandmother Acceptableness Regiment. :)

Also, Tails, you should ask for something in your post, or I'll pick something for you!

Philia Jul 12, 2014 10:44 PM

Its not really a cabin. Its a classic (traditional?) seafront house with a backyard pool and a lovely ocean not far behind too.

I don't drink either, but they're not a group of people to force you to. (Then again... those brownies shouldn't had happened.)

I still need to go someday myself.

Tails Jul 12, 2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbonpaper (Post 822501)

Also, Tails, you should ask for something in your post, or I'll pick something for you!

[23:48] <&HI_IM_DAISY> For reals though I don't have many ideas
[23:48] <&HI_IM_DAISY> I am too busy being distraught about math
[23:49] <@CHz> Tails punching math in the face

There you go!