Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Pang's Violence Basement (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   [Burger] GFF Hammerwatch Night: A Chorus of Fucks (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43431)

i am good at jokes Jan 24, 2012 12:28 PM

Unfortunately, I'm going to need to withdraw my participation tonight, I've got a bit too much schoolwork to do and I won't be able to take the evening off from it. I should hopefully be good to go on the next Tuesday session.

Sorry all, and Pang I hope you didn't take any time putting together a character for me.

Have fun!

Zephyrin Jan 24, 2012 01:19 PM

yeah apparently I have class on Tues night so Weds. is going to be the day I can participate.

The unmovable stubborn Jan 24, 2012 08:04 PM

Everything's running! Join whenever, you lazy dicks

Ok, small last-minute adjustment: remember how I said I was going to compile all the mechanics into the tokens? Turns out that really only works for NPCs. Tokens can handle HP, initiative, passive stuff like that, but trying to get them to understand attack powers or equipment is like herding cats.

So, if possible, please have your sheet handy in another window for reference. Since a lot of you gave yourselves shitty and/or no equipment I'm passing level-corrected / geared up sheets back your way:

Index of /maptool

Just take whatever looks good if you're dropping in and you didn't get around to making anything. Depending on whether you even have the Builder and how up-to-date yours is you might need some things explained so let me know. Once we start a campaign proper (tonight is just a stress test really) we can work on getting everyone's tools up to date.

To connect to the game you'll need MapTool. Get the newest version, 1.3.b87. It's Java so it should work for everybody so far as I know!

Once you've installed it (that is, put the folder somewhere out of the way, there's no installer as such), DO NOT run Launch MapTool-1G-Memory.bat. DO launch via MapToolLauncher. Or try both! Who the fuck knows!

Once you've launched, go to FILE --> CONNECT TO SERVER. Pick your username, make sure your role is set as "Player" and select the Direct tab. Connect to thegond.us.to port 51234. If someone can try this in advance just so we can be sure I set things up right that would be excellent.

As for the Skype call, I only have Deni on my contacts so the rest of you will need to add me (I'm pangalin, derp) or just join the call once it starts in.... fffff, about an hour! Maybe!

Additional Spam:
CORRECTION: Don't use the .bat! Use the launcher! I'm an idiot!

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Jan 24, 2012 09:29 PM

YOU ASSHOLES

WHERE WERE YOU

WE DIED HORRIBLY

Sousuke Jan 24, 2012 09:30 PM

WE NEEDED YOU. INSTEAD OF YOU GUYS SHOWING UP TO HELP, THE SORCERER HAD TO TANK BECAUSE THE PALADIN DIED.

well i died too but somehow i survived longer

GEEZ.

The unmovable stubborn Jan 24, 2012 09:38 PM

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: SOUSUKE

KILLS: ALMOST 1

No. Hard Pass. Jan 24, 2012 10:04 PM

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Zephyrin Jan 25, 2012 01:23 AM

I missed the bloodbath. :(

LIAR Jan 25, 2012 10:52 AM

lmao sorcerer tanking. KITE THEM WITH MAGIC MISSILE.

Tails Jan 25, 2012 02:11 PM

Fixed your thread title for you nerds.

Scent of a Grundle Jan 26, 2012 02:57 AM

awww, sorry everyone, i was busy trying (and failing) to kill my own players tonight. Hopefully i can make it next tuesday, my tank is (as far as i can tell) pretty solid.

Good to see that this actually sort of worked out, though. GFF D&D coming back is one of the more exciting things that's happened of late.

Zephyrin Jan 26, 2012 07:08 PM

more like it's the only thing that's happened as of late. hurp

The unmovable stubborn Jan 26, 2012 10:20 PM

Since there seems to be some confusion, next session is on Wednesday, February 1. Not Tuesday. We may continue the alternation plan or we may just stick with Wednesday going forward depending on the turnout, since apparently you guys who "can't make it on Wednesdays" can't make it on Tuesdays either.

(From March forward my weekends open up and we could do Thursday or Friday maybe but who knows how that works for the rest of you or if this will even last that long)

Anyways, gonna go ahead and roll back to level 1 after all, experience on Tuesday showed that 5 levels of stuff is a little much to juggle while still learning the Maptools interface. Sorry to you guys that went through the hassle of picking out all your level 5 gear 'n shit. On the upside you can probably expect to hit level 2 within one session instead of a month! So, also different adventure of course.

Chaser game's up in the air since I'm kind of souring on the value of Space Hulk for 3+ players. Suggestions? Also, maybe it would be better to run the light games before the D&D session, give people a little more time to show up?

FatsDomino Jan 26, 2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Am I Allowed to CABLE INSTINCTS (Post 794311)
If we have to teach acer how to play again I might go crazy

Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho~

this gonna be GOOOO~OO~OOD

Zephyrin Jan 27, 2012 08:19 PM

There's not anything bad with how you're doing the scheduling, but if you're actually concerned about turnout, maybe you could put up a doodle to find the best nights. I recently discovered the site and found it to be really really helpful.

doodle.com

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Jan 27, 2012 11:30 PM

Despite the horrible terribleness that was our instant death, I had a lot of fun there.

I will try to make myself more available on the Wednesdays for this.

No. Hard Pass. Jan 28, 2012 02:15 AM

I'll never be able to do wednesdays. Soccer games ever wed night.

The unmovable stubborn Jan 28, 2012 02:29 PM

Daaaaaaaang.

Ok here's the Doodle, can everyone who's remotely interested kindly go on there and just assert which day(s) you're available? I don't want to shut out anybody but that might be an impossible goal so let's just shoot for the best.

Doodle: GFF Game Night

(In retrospect I should have made this a poll thread in the first place)

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Jan 28, 2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangalin (Post 794435)
Chaser game's up in the air since I'm kind of souring on the value of Space Hulk for 3+ players. Suggestions? Also, maybe it would be better to run the light games before the D&D session, give people a little more time to show up?

Space Crusade? Advanced Space Crusade? Actually, Advanced HeroQuest would be awesome, it's fairly DnD only more boardgame like and with Skaven.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Feb 1, 2012 08:20 PM

SADFACE

The unmovable stubborn Feb 1, 2012 08:28 PM

Why is your face sad sir

FatsDomino Feb 1, 2012 08:32 PM

HE IS SAD CUZ HE'S GONNA HAVE TO TEACH ME HOW TO PLAAAAAAY~

btw i'm gonna try and stream our session and skype shit tonight

if you aren't playing but want to watch us nerd out then check out...

Let's Play some viderogams 'n' stuff

in like i dunno 30 min or something

The unmovable stubborn Feb 1, 2012 08:49 PM

Ok! Server should be running. Connect at will: 72.94.96.176 port 51234

Again, if possible, join us on Skype because that makes life easier for everybody. Explanatory post from last week should still be valid, let me know if anything is causing any issues. As before, feel free to drop in even if you have no idea what you're doing. I have characters ready for you. Horrible, stupid characters.

Sousuke Feb 1, 2012 10:12 PM

WE HAVE NO CLUE WHAT WE'RE DOING

but it's great

and we're not dying

yet

cool

The unmovable stubborn Feb 1, 2012 10:35 PM

TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK