Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [360] Halo Kitty (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=161)

Malmer Dec 5, 2006 12:37 PM

And the HD trailer is up on gametrailers too.

Looking good for a prerendered teaser.
Now looking forward to seeing some gameplay, or at least something else than small cutscenes.

galen Dec 5, 2006 02:35 PM

What exactly is he doing in that trailer? I'm referring to the "throw grenade into the sand for apparently no reason" bit.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor Dec 5, 2006 03:22 PM

Shield grenade.

Basically it looks like it creates in an invincible shield for a fraction of a second. A very neat idea.

Also worth speculating is that the big X button thing is a sprint. If it worked like the Roadie Run in Gears, that'd be pretty sweet. (IE, you can't really turn very sharply, you can't shoot while doing it, etc.)

Malmer Dec 5, 2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galen
What exactly is he doing in that trailer? I'm referring to the "throw grenade into the sand for apparently no reason" bit.

Seems like he's making a dust cover to add a bit of surprise to when he'll jump them. Only he runs out of it forever :/

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss Dec 5, 2006 04:38 PM

When he jumps into the group of aliens, the one in the middle looks like a Brute with a big hammer and a shield. New melee weapons then? I was hoping they'd have killed off the Brutes to be honest, I didn't really think they added much to game personally.

*AkirA* Dec 5, 2006 05:46 PM

Im starting to get hyped up for Halo again.

Did anyone read in Game Informer about a demo being released on Marketplace? They said it would be the only demo you would have to pay for, and its supposed to be a way to keep attention off the new consoles.

Pokey Dec 5, 2006 08:58 PM

Quote:

I loved how the field where the two kids were talking turned into the battlefield. I wonder if one of them was John?
Damn, I loved that too. Especially with using the helmet as a transition. And of course the "Chief...leave me..!" line.

Most popular guess is that it's John (MC) and Kelly (Another spartan that he was with during early training)

*AkirA* Dec 5, 2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHairyFeet
A paid demo? All that's been discussed officially is a signup for a chance to play beta at halo3.com. Got any quotes or scans?

Sorry, no scans, but it is in the December 2006 issue (number 164) page 40 under the title "Halo 3 Demo coming soon."

It reads:

After the release of Halo 2, Microsoft was very vocal about releasing something Halo-related at the launch of the rival Sony's Playstation 3. Although we know that Halo 3 isnt ready yet, Game Informer Online has heard that Bungie is readying a Demo for the first half of next year, with an announcement on November 17 to blunt the debut of the PS3. Microsoft wont comment on the rumor, but there also is speculation that this demo will be the first one which Microsoft charges for via Xbox Live.

galen Dec 5, 2006 10:18 PM

Charging for a demo? How incredibly lame.

Furby Dec 6, 2006 12:45 AM

Man, I'm loving the new trailer. The video looks awesome and I has gotten me completely trusting that the hype is not just hype that this game is going to be good when it comes out.

The shield nade looks like an awesome weapon but the question is if they're going to use it or if it's just eye candy that they're using?

*AkirA* Dec 6, 2006 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furby
The shield nade looks like an awesome weapon but the question is if they're going to use it or if it's just eye candy that they're using?

Another question is how would you use it? Would you just throw it and have a shield pop up where it lands, or would you automatically throw it at your feet deku nut style. Both ways would be useful.

The Furious One Dec 6, 2006 05:21 AM

Shield is cool, but what about online play? It would be cool if you could protect a team mate aswell, what about if everyone chucks one and create some uber shield.

Just need some clarification need anyone else hear Cortana's voice, just after the girl finishes talking and MC is putting back his helmet. The first voice that comes on the radio, followed then the commander's, then a solider's!?!!? All I hear is "Chief..."

I made some quick wallpaper if any needs a new one. Click in the space to right of the image to open.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8...o303ja7.th.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5...o302kg2.th.jpg

variations of version 2

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/9...02v2wx1.th.jpg

-No logo, no clouds, no plasma ball.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1...02v3if8.th.jpg

-No logo, no clouds, no plasma ball, more images from teaser trailer.

Krelian Dec 6, 2006 05:34 AM

Don't put your username/URL on a wallpaper, you cock. It's incredibly egotistical and VERY fucking antisocial considering you're just rebranding another person's graphics work. Nobody wants their desktop branded by MasterChief19963409589. Honestly, why?

So what's this about the Chief's face I've been hearing about? I've seen screencaps, but it just looks like a rorschach blot.

*AkirA* Dec 6, 2006 05:54 AM

I wanna see his face. Fuck all this "you are the chief" bullshit.

evilboris Dec 6, 2006 06:30 AM

Sooo anyone has a 5.1 720p download link for this new trailer? Or is it not released in hd quality yet?

Pokey Dec 6, 2006 11:43 AM

Quote:

Just need some clarification need anyone else hear Cortana's voice, just after the girl finishes talking and MC is putting back his helmet. The first voice that comes on the radio, followed then the commander's, then a solider's!?!!? All I hear is "Chief..."
It's "Chief, leave me.." you just have to listen very closely and with the volume turned up. I'm certain.

High Definition Trailers are here, but I think thats already been linked to in this thread.

Quote:

Charging for a demo? How incredibly lame.
Yeah, but they know they can make shitloads of money this way. :edgartpg:

Furby Dec 6, 2006 01:42 PM

Yeah, I thought I heard Cortana's voice but how are they going to involve her in the storyline.. I mean, she's w/ Gravemind and MC is on earth.. I guess we'll have to wait and see

Also if you listen carefully as well, you hear Serge Johnson's voice on the Comm.

Zip Dec 6, 2006 05:32 PM

those shield things probably have a timer, so it's a last-bet thing to help you run away.

Furby Dec 6, 2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip
those shield things probably have a timer, so it's a last-bet thing to help you run away.

I was thinking that maybe it's a certain number of hits/damage or I was thinking that it might be like the Overshield where it's a combination of both.