Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
map car man words telling me to do things's Journal

Journal Banner
Welcome!

map car man words telling me to do things's Journal Statistics
View map car man words telling me to do things's profile
Entries 747 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 1 entries are private (0.13% of total)
Views 418683
Replies map car man words telling me to do things has made 4279 comments [view stats]
Comments 6494 comments (8.69 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 2226 props given to map car man words telling me to do things [who be proppin?]
Buddies 61 buddies
Relation You are not map car man words telling me to do things's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Dec 31, 2023 - 05:54 PM
Games of 2023 + The highly anticipated Qwarky Awards (TQA)
Response to: Games of 2022 + The Qwarky Awards by map car man words telling me to do things

YouTube Video

What a weird year! Layoffs! Deaths! I had covid after three years of avoiding it! My computer starting dying and I went through a period of just reading stuff and/or playing on the Switch.
Then I got a new PC and went back to regular gaming.

What a wild year of good games! But there are only so many that your ol Q played and you're about to find out! Games!

I did that steam replay thing again and once again, it's counting on hours played, so the order is nonsensical

But we all know why you're here. "Where is the list?", you ask. Why, it's here! Below! A list! Of games! Today!

Games I started before 2023 and only finished last year:

None!

Games I started and finished last year:

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Lara Croft GO
Shadow of the Tomb Raider + DLC
BABBDI
Tomb Raider: Legend (replay)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary (replay)
Tomb Raider: Underworld (replay)
Tomb Raider I (1996) (replay)
Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider II: Golden Mask
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider III: The Lost Artifact
Hi-Fi RUSH
Resident Evil 4 (2023)
Teslagrad Remastered
Teslagrad 2
World to the West
Rusted Moss
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Blaster Master Zero (good ending)
Blaster Master Zero 2 (good ending)
Blaster Master Zero 3 (true ending)
Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King
En Garde!
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
Misericorde: Volume One
Pseudoregalia
Fear the Spotlight
Bombshell
The Making of Karateka (Karateka remaster)
Showgunners
SPRAWL
Planet of Lana
Somerville
Cavern of Dreams
Alan Wake (replay) + DLC
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Quantum Break
Control (replay) + DLC
Alan Wake 2
You Will Die Here Tonight
Monolith
The Invincible
Stasis: Bone Totem
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (100%)
Deliver Us the Moon
Deliver Us Mars
Oxenfree II: Lost Signals
Oxenfree II: Lost Signals (replay)
Oxenfree II: Lost Signals (replay)
Dordogne
Jusant
Homebody
A Highland Song
Venba
Full Void
Midnight Girl
Trials of Kokoro
Cookie Cutter
Blanc
Returnal
Ghostrunner (replay)
Ghostrunner - Project_Hel DLC
Ghostrunner 2
Laika: Aged Through Blood
Frogun
Stick to the Plan

Games I started last year but didn't or couldn't finish:

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Blossom Tales II: The Minotaur Prince

Best games of 2023 I played:

Honorable mentions:

Spoiler:

Homebody

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the writing, but it was an interesting take on adventure games and slasher horror, with a clever loop mechanic. And I'm a sucker for loops.

Full Void
[Best cinematic platformer]

Laika: Aged Through Blood
[Best music] [Best bike] [Best Puppy] [Best flips]

Blanc
[Cutest game]

Fear the Spotlight

A totally charming little survival horror game which is sadly not sold right now, as the tiny developer got a publishing deal and are working on an enhanced and expanded version on consoles.
Still, one of my favourites from last year!

The Making of Karateka
[Best archival]

Returnal
[Best music] [Best sci-fi] [Best existential dread] [Best Selene] [Best organ]

THE QWARKY TOP 20 BEST GAMES OF 2023

Spoiler:

Pseudoregalia
[Best goat] [Best jumping] [Best wall kick]

A charming N64 inspired 3D platformer, with a focus on movement and chaining moves to reach places your own way. My only gripes were the abrupt/anticlimactic ending, and there's one
little tuba playing enemy that was so cute I couldn't bring myself to hurt them ever. Don't put cute enemies in games! It's uncomfortable!

8/10

The Invincible
[Best visuals] [Best voice acting] [Best sci-fi] [Best skyboxes]

Awesome walking sim with a wonderful retro future aesthetic. Heavy in atmosphere and quiet exploration. I only wish it didn't trick you so much with seemingly giving choices but if you
were to replay you'd find all the options lead to mostly the same outcome anyway. That said, there ARE some actual choices and consequences here and there, they're just mixed it with
a bunch of fake choices. Still! Cool game! Not a very feel good story tho! Great stuff!

8/10

Venba
[Best food] [Best visuals] [Best music] [Most heartbreaking text messages] [The Made Qwarky Cry Award for making Qwarky cry]

Lovely and heartbreaking little story of cultures, legacy, food and a family falling apart and maybe coming together again. Light on gameplay, but definitely a memorable and emotional
experience for all the senses. Incredible soundtrack and absolutely wonderful food makes it a treat.

YouTube Video

8/10

Stasis: Bone Totem
[Bleakest game] [Most bones] [Most totems] [Most brave and strong bear]

The bleak, BLEAK world of Stasis continues, and it's bleaker than ever. Everything is fucked up and horrific and there are no happy endings. An absolutely bad time is had for all,
and it's awful. Great stuff.

8/10

Resident Evil 4 (2023)
[Best shotgun] [Best bingo] [Best minecart]

I did not have huge hopes for this and it turned out to be quite alright. It's a great game, and it's certainly interesting to see the RE4 story fit into the modern remake tone.
I'm interested in seeing what they will do next with the series, but I hope it's more third person and puzzles, and less shooty bang and/or first person spooks.

8/10

A Highland Song
[Best Moira] [Best hills] [Best music]

Inkle does it again with a lovely little trip over scottish highlands, through folk tales and legends. I can't say I love the very ending, but it's a very pleasant and memorable
journey that you will want to take several times. Incredible use of music, and some of the prettiest hills you'll see all year.

YouTube Video

8/10

Cookie Cutter
[Best animation] [Best Cherry] [Best parry] [Most violence]

A heady and ultraviolent metroidlike with incredible and macabre animations and lots of fun exploration and combat. Kind of abrupt cliffhangery ending aside, this was a total
delight from an extremely talented developer who I definitely want to see what they do next.

YouTube Video

8/10

Oxenfree II: Lost Signals
[Best writing] [Best dialogue] [Best voice acting] [Best Riley] [Best Jacob] [Best Nick] [Best music] [The Made Qwarky Cry Award for making Qwarky cry]

It's not the followup I was hoping, and I struggled (a lot) to find the kind of closure it was meant to provide, but it is still a wonderful game and in typical Night School fashion
an extremely engaging story with flowing natural dialogue and likeable characters. Another absolute banger of a score from SCNTFC. Very emotional and hardhitting themes,
I just wish it had nailed the ending(s) in a more satisfying manner. Unless of course they ARE actually planning on making another game ohmygodguysithinkgifinallyfigured-

YouTube Video

8/10

Planet of Lana
[Best Mui] [Best visuals] [Best music]

Lovely cinematic platformer with some amazing sights and sounds and setpieces, and a very satisfying ending. I feel like they could have done a bit more with pacing and variety
in gameplay, but it remains a very nice "short but sweet" game. Looking forward to seeing what the team does next!

YouTube Video

8/10

Dordogne
[Best visuals] [Best flashbacks] [The Made Qwarky Cry Award for making Qwarky cry]

Fond and heartbreaking childhood memories in the french countryside. A lovely little adventure game with an incredible visual style and an emotional little story in the core.
But mostly you're just gonna be gawking at the incredible visuals.

8/10

Showgunners
[Best gameshow] [Best interludes] [Best tactics] [Best Scarlett]

Really enjoyable ultraviolent romp through a messed up gameshow, with a fun story and engaging tactical combat. The ending is really satisfying, but I wouldn't mind seeing
a new story continuing after the first game.

YouTube Video

8/10

Alan Wake 2
[Best horror] [Best meta] [Best Saga] [Best Alex] [Best Alan] [Best musical interlude]

I dunno what to say about AW2 that people haven't already said. It's great. I loved parts of it, but not all of them, so it's not higher on my list. Aside from the non-ending
and treatment of one particular character from AW1, it was excellent stuff all around. Remedy just kinda struggles on how to wrap up their games, it's been a thing for
over a decade now. Still, exciting to see how much people love AW2, and I can't wait to see their next game.

YouTube Video

8/10

En Garde!
[Best Adalia] [Best fencing] [Best El Vigilante] [Best slapstick]

Delightful swashbuckling adventure in the spirit of Zorro and The Princess Bride, with tons of quips and cheeky anarchy. Easily one of the most unabashedly charming games all year.

YouTube Video

8/10

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
[Best visuals] [Best music] [Best grinding] [Best flips]

The spiritual followup to Jet Set Radio we were hoping for and it's a delight. I had a wonderful time just comboing and grinding as I explored everywhere, finding all the
outfits and records. The actual story didn't quite land for me as I'd hoped, but it's still a lot of fun to follow and just a joy to play. I even got the DLC cause I
gotta have my girl Jett in the game. Excited to see what Team Reptile will do next!

YouTube Video

8/10

Teslagrad 2
[Best visuals] [Best animation] [Best Scandivania] [Best Lumina] [Best music]

Excellent metroid-like with some gorgeous animation and really satisfying movement. This one has been criminally overlooked this year, especially with how much of an
improvement on the first game it is. Would love to see a third game!

YouTube Video

9/10

Hi-Fi RUSH
[Best visuals] [Best music] [Best boss fights] [Best guitar] [Best 808] [Best Peppermint] [Best use of Prodigy] [Best use of Nine Inch Nails]

Joyful character action game with a wonderful visual style and terrific use of music both in combat, cutscenes and especially bossfights.
A wonderful cast of characters, great and inventive setpieces and just a whole lot of fun gags, details and clever ideas. A celebration of video games,
the power of music and killing a bunch of corporate executives. Delightful!

YouTube Video

9/10

Super Mario Bros. Wonder
[Best Mario] [Best Peach] [Best music] [Best animation] [Most platforming] [Best multiplayer]

It's the best Mario platformer since 3D World, and a worthy successor to Super Mario World. Pure, imaginative joy, with inventive level design, great music and a delightful
visual style, the game gets very trippy and it's all the better for it. Bonus points for an absolutely lovely indirect shared co-operative online play, that was just a perfect fit
for the game, complete strangers rooting for each other and helping others out just because it's better that way. Wonderful!

YouTube Video

9/10

Jusant
[Best climbing] [Best rocks] [Best music] [Best architecture] [Best stamina management] [The Made Qwarky Cry Award for making Qwarky cry]

Lovely, lovely Jusant. Gorgeous sights and sounds. Engaging climbing and exploration. Wonderful wordless narrative and rich world building. In any other year, this could
have easily been my favourite game of the year, but this year was PACKED. Play Jusant. It's SO good.

YouTube Video

9/10

Misericorde: Volume One
[Best writing] [Best characters] [Best music] [Best visuals] [Best Darcy] [Best Margaret] [Best sheep] [Best nuns] [Best wehehe] [The Made Qwarky Cry Award for making Qwarky cry]

There's hardly anything to "play" in this visual novel, but I don't give a shit, I loved Misericorde so fucking much it's up there as my second favourite thing all year.
Such an engaging story, so many compelling, fleshed out characters you grow to care so much about. STRONG atmosphere and tone. An absolutely incredible soundtrack that
I've bought both on steam and on bandcamp, just to support XEECEE. The cliffhanger-y ending has been AGONY, waiting for the next chapter, but thankfully we have
a teaser for Volume Two and it's looking incredible. I am ready to have my heart torn to shreds again! no I'm not, I'm just kidding because I'm terrified where the story
is gonna go oh god-

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

9/10

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
[Game of the Year] [Best Zelda] [Best sidequests] [Best visuals] [Best music] [Best ending] [Best final boss] [Best exploration] [Best climbing] [Best gliding] [Best Purah]
[Best Tulin] [Best Harold] [Most grass] [Most sky] [Best swords] [Best dragons]

It's a little daunting trying to think of what to say about Tears of the Kingdom. What a magnificent game. I put 212 hours into it and I generally struggle to stick with games
for longer than 20, so it had to be doing something right. As much as I loved Breath of the Wild (it was the Qwarky Game of the Year 2017 after all), Tears of the Kingdom
took that, and elevated and elaborated and finetuned all of that to a whole new level.

Wonderful sense of exploration and discovery, very strong atmosphere and world building, surprisingly compelling and well written sidequests, and so much things to discover
and wonder at. The new abilities are all great fun and open up the world and encourage your curiosity and imagination in wonderful new ways. It looks and sounds gorgeous,
and in a complete reversal from BOTW, actually provides an amazing and satisfying finale that wraps up everything in such a wonderful way, I was crying at the end.

This is my favourite Zelda game since Ocarina, and while I hope the next one moves a bit back towards more traditional (older) Zelda dungeon design and structure, this is
one of the best open world games, and one of the best Zelda games ever made. I love it. It's enchanting.

Absolutely the best game all year, and I'm still thinking about it pretty much every week.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

10/10

Definitive list of 2023 releases I wish I got to, but didn't yet:

One Piece Odyssey
A Space for the Unbound
Fire Emblem Engage
Dead Space (2023)
Fashion Police Squad
Metroid Prime Remastered
Wanted: Dead
Gal Guardians: Demon Purge
The Pale Beyond
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon
Tchia
Storyteller
9 Years of Shadows
Hrot
System Shock (2023)
Diablo IV
Ghost Trick Remaster
Jagged Alliance 3
Viewfinder
Arcadian Atlas
Baldur's Gate 3
Stray Gods: The Roleplaying Musical
Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew
Armored Core VI
Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster
Lies of P
El Paso, Elsewhere
Cocoon
RoboCop: Rogue City
Star Ocean: The Second Story R
Howl
American Arcadia
Super Mario RPG (2023)
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion Remaster

Happy new year!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 haibane)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #746]

Dec 31, 2022 - 08:07 PM
Games of 2022 + The Qwarky Awards
Response to: Games of 2021 + The Qwarky Awards by map car man words telling me to do things

Me and 2022 be like

What another weird year. Went through some things! Stuff in the family!
Stuff in my immediate circle of friends! Back pains! Work stress!
Took a break from gaming for a while!
Read books!
Read a lot of comics!
Watched movies!

Whatever!

It is time for games.

You know you cannot escape.

I did that steam replay thing and while it was neat seeing many of the games I'd played, it also counted based on hours played online, which is not everything I played so ehhhh

But now it is time to go over all the games I actually played last year. All of them. In a list!

And then the most prestigious awards! Again!

Games I started before 2022 and only finished last year:

Unsighted
Hitman 2 (last DLC level)

Unsighted (true ending) (replay)
Alwa's Awakening
Alwa's Legacy
Astalon: Tears of the Earth (100%)
Shovel Knight (replay)
Curse of the Crescent Isle DX
The Curse of Issyos (good ending)
Aggelos
Panzer Paladin
Elden Ring
Elden Ring (new game+ replay)
Shadow Burglar
Code Vein (true ending)
OlliOlli World
Trek to Yomi
Midnight Fight Express
Islets
Sifu (true ending)
South of the Circle
Citizen Sleeper
Serial Cleaner
Stray
Serial Cleaners
Prodeus
Ashes 2063
Ashes: Afterglow
DRAINUS
Asterigos: Curse of the Stars
NORCO
Signalis
Scorn
Pocky & Rocky Reshrined
Pocky & Rocky (SNES) (replay)
Pocky & Rocky 2 (SNES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Hitman 3 + DLC (20/20 Mastery SA/SO on all levels)
Tunic (true ending)
ANNO: Mutationem
The Return of Haydee: Resurrection (Haydee 2 mini campaign)
Icestation McMurdo (Haydee 2 mini campaign)
Erebus (Haydee 2 mini campaign)
Rise of the Tomb Raider + Blood Ties DLC
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Chinatown Detective Agency
Vampire Survivors

Best games of 2022 I played:

Honorable mentions:

Spoiler:

Scorn
[Best Gigerlike] [Best atmosphere]

A neat little puzzle adventure, which maybe leaned a bit too much towards traditional switch and gate structure as it went on, but the opening two chapters are strong and it's got a LOOK.

Shadow Burglar
[Best stealth] [Best shadows]

Lovely little experimental stealth game released for free, I wouldn't have minded playing a bigger game of this.

Asterigos: Curse of the Stars

Stray

Cat

Trek to Yomi
[Best visuals] [Best black & white]

Contrary to what people will try to tell you, it doesn't look like a Kurosawa movie. Kurosawa didn't make cheesy action movies like this. Instead it looks like if in the 50s they'd had a massive budget
and made a fantastical samurai adventure with a ton of supernatural stuff and a neat depiction of hell. My favourite thing was how the scenery looks authentically like what stage props they could have made
if they'd had the money back then. As a game it gets very repetitive and video gamey, often undercutting the atmosphere and authenticity it's trying to build with its visuals. Either way a neat little experience,
and they really don't make em like this.

THE QWARKY TOP 15 BEST GAMES OF 2022

Spoiler:

Prodeus
[Best visuals] [Best FPS]

Terrific FPS with a wonderful artstyle. The level selection feels a little scattershot and the campaign doesn't end up feeling as coherent, but most of the way it's a fun shooty bang.

7/10

ANNO: Mutationem
[Best cyberpunk] [Best neon signs] [Best Ayane]

Pretty cool cyberpunky exploration/side scrolly action hybrid. The story eventually moves away from the cyberpunk a bit too much and veers straight into anime, but it's still a fairly enjoyable, earnest romp.

7/10

Tunic
[Best fox] [Best manual] [Best mystery]

Very cute and charming adventure, with a wonderful manual system and a central mystery that builds up into a massive game encompassing puzzle I had a great time figuring out.
Go in blind, don't spoil yourself.

8/10

Islets
[Best metroidlike] [Best airships] [Best islands]

Unexpectedly cute and charming metroidlike with a satisfying ending. Very overlooked. I was charmed! Like Tunic, it's mostly made by one guy. Super impressive stuff!

8/10

Kirby and the Forgotten Land
[Best Kirby] [Cutest game] [Best music]

A colourful adventure full of sugary cuteness and sudden fucked up details just like a Kirby game! Finale goes full-on Bayonetta and it's wonderful.

YouTube Video

8/10

NORCO
[Best atmosphere] [Best writing] [Best swamps] [Best monkey]

Surreal and moody adventure through industrial swamps and suburbs of exploited New Orleans. It's got a tone and it goes hard.

YouTube Video

8/10

OlliOlli World
[Best skating] [Best visuals] [Best characters] [Best music] [Best Dad]

Fun fun fun skateboarding platforming score attack.. thingie. Wonderful artstyle, superb character art and fun writing, lots of levels and tons of customization options. Going for the highest scores
will absolutely cramp your hands, but staying at a more leisurely pace and focusing on getting all the little challenges was great fun.

I still need to play the new DLC. Voidriders was fun.

YouTube Video

8/10

Pocky & Rocky Reshrined
[Best tanuki] [Best shrine maiden] [Best visuals] [Best remake] [Best sprites] [Best animation] [Best unlockable characters]

Absolutely wonderful reimagining/remake of the first Pocky & Rocky, with gorgeous spritework and animation, attention to detail and charm. Great cast of the characters that are all different to play and fun to use.
It's really tough too, but it's so much fun.

YouTube Video

8/10

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
[Best turtles] [Best April] [Best nostalgia] [Best visuals] [Best sprites] [Best animation] [Best music]

This is just an absolute feast for a TMNT kid like me. Not a remake, but a proper new sidescrolling beat em up entry in the series and it's incredibly charming and fun, with tons of attention to detail
and love and humor everywhere.

YouTube Video

8/10

Hitman 3 (it came out on Steam in 2022 so I'm counting it)
[Best 47] [Best Diana] [Best murder] [Best levels] [Best suits]

A superb finale for a superb trilogy of exceptional stealth games. The business and distribution model is still fucked, but the game itself is fantastic. Some of the best level design in the series
and they even managed to make the story engaging and it closes on a very satisfying note. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the roguelike Freelancer mode.

YouTube Video

9/10

DRAINUS
[Best shoot em up] [Best music] [Best setpieces] [Best attention to detail] [Best time paradox]

Team Ladybug gave us an exceptional 2D scrolling shmup that took the best lessons from Gradius V and managed a compelling little story as well, with a very satisfying conclusion. Extremely customizable
weapon system allowing for tons of player expression and trying different playstyles. It looks amazing, it sounds greats, it plays well and it's fun fun fun.

YouTube Video

9/10

Sifu
[Best styyyyle] [Best fighting] [Best visuals] [Best modding] [Best ending]

A very tough and demanding fighting game, with exceptional visual flair. There's some stunning sequences of dreamlike colour and sounds and shapes that flow wonderfully in the levels. Finding items
in levels that can be brought back into previous levels to unlock new paths and short cuts is a neat system, adding replay and world building. Modding is also really cool. This is a confident, strong debut piece from an incredibly talented developer and I can't wait to see what they do next.

9/10

Elden Ring
[Best soulslike] [Best world] [Best lore] [Most weapons] [Best music] [Best Ranni] [Best Malenia]

I dunno if there's anything left to say about Elden Ring at this point. It is a superb soulslike, taken to the open world, massive in scale and scope, while still elegantly managing its more traditional soulslike structure. It's not always a success, but good god are the highs high. This has easily some of the best sidequest narratives From has ever managed and after Demon's Souls this is hands down my favourite.
I played it through twice. I put a 186 hours into it. It has to be doing something right.

YouTube Video

9/10

Signalis
[Best horror] [Best scifi] [Best world building] [Best sadness] [Most heartbreak] [Best visuals] [Best posters] [Best music] [Best endings]

An incredible survival horror full of surrealism, overwhelming sadness and deep, slowly growing dread. Masterful world building, incredibly strong art design and a wonderful visual style that I cannot get enough.
I will be replaying to get the fourth, secret ending... once I stop tearing up.

YouTube Video

9/10

Citizen Sleeper
[Game of the Year] [Best cyberpunk] [Best music] [Best writing] [Best character art] [Best endings] [Most cry] [Best Mina] [Best Bliss] [Best Tala] [Best AI] [The Made Me Cry Award for making me cry]

I struggled for a moment between this and Signalis, but then I just think back to Citizen Sleeper and it just.. makes sense. I love Signalis. I love Elden Ring. I'm IN LOVE with Citizen Sleeper. It's so good. It's so mesmerising. It's so well written and engaging and touching and good god what a treat. A wonderful narrative/text adventure set on a slowly dying space colony, it presents a bleak dystopian cyberpunk setting, but it has a gentle, compassionate, humane heart.
I wrote a big ol steam review on it because I loved it so much so I won't repeat it here, but if you like narratives in games and CARE about things, there's so much to care. So much to feel. So much to think about.
Wonderful, essential stuff, and easily my favourite game of the year.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

9/10

There's a lot I didn't get to play, but I'm still really happy with what I did. There was really only one dud last year that I regretted picking up and everything else was enjoyable in some way.

Happy new year!

Response entries:
Games of 2023 + The highly anticipated Qwarky Awards (TQA) by map car man words telling me to do things

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 haibane)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #745]

Jan 2, 2022 - 07:26 AM
Games of 2021 + The Qwarky Awards
Response to: Games of 2020 + The Qwarky Awards by map car man words telling me to do things

What a year huh.

It was a strange one for me.

I had several longer bouts of not playing anything for various reasons.

Wrist hurt, palms hurt, tired and apathetic, got back into reading comics etc.

Then a few days before new years my SSD would no longer boot so I had to move to W10 and spent several days trying to recover my stuff.

Because of this I didn't end up finishing a game I'd intended to, and overall it meant I didn't actually play that many 2021 releases as I'd have liked to.

But now it is the time of lists.
I'm gonna go through the games I played through last year and pick the best ones again! And then awards!

Games I started before 2021 and only finished last year:

-

Hades (Epilogue)
1001 Spikes
Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story (final ending)
Portal Stories: Mel
Haydee 2
Stasis
Cayne
Saints Row 2 (replay)
Saints Row: The Third (replay) (100%)
Saints Row IV (replay)
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell (replay)
Mafia: Definitive Edition
Mafia II
Mafia III
Injustice
Injustice 2
James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire
James Bond 007: Nightfire
James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing
Second Sight
Say No! More
Tormented Souls
Quake Remastered (campaign)
Quake Remastered - Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon (campaign)
Devotion
Quake Remastered - Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity (campaign)
Quake Remastered - Dimension of the Past (campaign)
Quake Remastered - Dimension of the Machine (campaign)
Sable
Outer Wilds: Echoes of the Eye (DLC)
Outlast 2
Paradise Lost
Teacup
The Forgotten City (all endings)
Chicory: A Colorful Tale
Metroid Dread
AM2R
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
Psychonauts 2
Metroid Dread (Hard mode) (under 4 hours) (replay)
Metroid Dread (Normal mode) (under 4 hours) (replay)
Super Metroid [4:19] (replay)
Super Metroid [1:17] (replay)
Metroid: Zero Mission (replay)
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (replay)
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (best ending) (replay)
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (best ending)
Super Mario Odyssey (Darker Side)
Super Mario Galaxy (120 stars)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (97 stars)
Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery

Narita Boy
NYKRA
Unsighted

Best games of 2021 I played:

Honorable mentions:

Spoiler:

Quake Remastered - Dimension of the Machine campaign
[Best Quake Campaign] [Best Machine]

Quake got a lovely remaster and MachineGames made a new campaign which was quite fun and had some really impressive level design and visuals.

Castlevania Advance Collection
[Best Castlevania of the Year] [Best GBA collection on Switch]

Three pretty good GBA Castlevania games (and an ehhh SNES one). I enjoyed replaying them.

Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery
[Best visuals] [Best painting]

A nice little mystery. Short and the ending could have revealed something better, but I still enjoyed it and it does look lovely.

*** HONORABLE HONORABLE MENTION ***

Unsighted
[Most didn't finish] [Best Zelda-like] [Best dogs] [Best robots] [Best combat] [Best axe] [Best Raquel] [Best Alma] [Most stressful]

Did not get to finish this before the year's end due to circumstances, but this was standing out as a pretty special game, and I'm certain it
would have been in my top 11 if I'd finished it and it sticks the ending.

A really tight little zelda like with a bit of Souls-like combat and corpse running, but also a whole heap of tricks and features that really
make it its own thing, most importantly the ticking clock element that ties into the narrative, as you race to make progress in the game
and explore and discover things, constantly having to keep in mind taking too long may mean any of the NPCs in the game (including merchants
and blacksmiths) can die and be gone forever. I'm playing it for the story and the atmosphere, but it also looks lovely, controls VERY tightly
and the music is terrific.

Please don't sleep on this game, it's been very overlooked, and even I took too long to get to it.

THE QWARKY TOP 10 BEST GAMES OF 2021

Spoiler:

Say No! More
[Best character customization] [Best artstyle] [No!] [Best voice acting]

A very funny and delightful little game with an important message and gets surprisingly emotional towards the end.

8/10

Teacup
[Cutest game] [Best frogs] [Best tea] [Calmest game] [Best kites]

A lovely, calm, warm little adventure game that's over quickly, but it's comfy, peaceful and very cute.

YouTube Video

8/10

Tormented Souls
[Best tank controls] [Best shotgun] [Best spooky] [Best puzzles] [Best comfy]

This turned out be a really competent classic survival horror experience that I hadn't realized I was missing so much.

Really comfy combination of puzzles, spooky, exploration and combat, with a surprisingly enjoyable story and multiple endings.

8/10

Outer Wilds: Echoes of the Eye (DLC)
[Best mystery] [Best music] [Best raft] [Timeloop of the year] [Best Outer Wilds DLC of the Year award for the best piece of DLC for Outer Wilds]

I am very torn about this, actually. On one hand, it's a brilliant piece of adventure and mystery and discovery, and just "more" Outer Wilds
which is a surprisingly nice thing. It proved way more engaging than I'd expected and the mysteries to discover are great. On the other hand,
I genuinely feel the base Outer Wilds is so amazing as a whole, this slots a bit awkwardly onto it. I feel like it should be played separate,
after playing the main game, and only then experiencing DLC. The way it's been integrated into the main game will be a bit weird for new
players who won't know it's several hours of contained puzzles and mystery that do not teach you anything about the rest of the solar system.

Either way, for old Outer Wilds players, it's essential. Just play Outer Wilds.

YouTube Video

9/10

Devotion
[Best horror] [Best spooks] [Best audio] [Best 80s] [Most horrifying sequence]

I am counting this as a 2021 release as we can finally legally buy it again. Devotion is a short, heartbreaking little horror game
that really gets under your skin and reveals detail and context layer by layer the more you think about it. It expertly crafts a sense
of place and time, builds on it with an ever-growing sense of unease and melancholy, then proceeds to slowly suffocate you with
an overwhelmingly sad portrait of a tiny corner of late 1980's Taiwan, the unjust social stigma of mental illness, and a family falling apart.

9/10

The Forgotten City
[Best mystery] [Best architecture] [Best multiple endings] [Best snooping] [Timeloop of the year]

A delightful timeloop adventure with a fun mystery to discover, several likeable characters to interact with and a lot of running around
and dialogue options. I didn't expect this to get as emotionally engaging as it did, and all of its several endings are satisfying in
their own ways, with the last one being such a satisfying wrapup.

YouTube Video

9/10

I can't decide the order between the following three, they're all wonderful, so it's a shared 2.-4. place! Huzzah!

2. - 4.

Sable
[Best visuals] [Best music] [Best writing] [Best exploration] [Best climbing] [Best masks] [Best hoverbikes] [Best scifi]

A wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, combat free exploration game set on a cool desert scifi planet. Lots of running, lots of climbing,
lots of jumping and scavenging and riding hoverbikes and staring at things in awe. Warm, calm, introspective, with a gorgeous
artstyle and wonderful music, with so much to see and discover on the player's own terms, this was an absolute delight.

YouTube Video

9/10

2. - 4.

Metroid Dread
[Best Metroid] [Best Samus] [Best visuals] [Best shinespark] [Best animation] [Best details]

My first playthrough I didn't actually have as great a time as I'd hoped. The bosses are REALLY punishing when you don't know
what to do beforehand, the map design is very mazelike and its attempt at cutting down on backtracking leads to it feeling way
more linear than it actually is. With a second, and a third, and a fourth playthrough however, knowing what it was doing and
where it was going, I was able to much better appreciate what it achieves.

This is a remarkable game in so many ways, being an actual new real actual legit Metroid, a real sequel to Fusion, a fantastic
metroid-like, with so much wonderful attention to detail, from the lighting to the gorgeous animation, the tight controls,
the moody locations and audio design, the awesome backgrounds, the near-perfect portrayal of Samus: confident, capable,
just all-out done with shit. All great.

I had an absolute blast going through it again for a sub 4 hours run on both Normal and Hard, trying out skips and tricks,
seeing how much better I was doing against bosses that had previously proved infuriatingly tough.
It looks great, it plays great (use a pro controller), it sounds great.

It's great.

YouTube Video

9/10

2. - 4.

Psychonauts 2
[Best visuals] [Best voice acting] [Best writing] [Best powers] [Best musical interlude]

Like Metroid Dread, it's amazing we have a proper sequel to Psychonauts, and it's actually really, really good. An absolutely
delightful 3D platformer full of imagination, endearing characters, trippy visuals, superb voice acting, and surprisingly
emotional storytelling. It's also really, really funny. Wonderful stuff.

YouTube Video

9/10

Chicory: A Colorful Tale
[Game of the Year] [Best Pizza] [Best colours] [Best music] [Best writing] [Best painting] [Best adventure] [Best ending] [Best characters] [Best musical interlude] [The "Made Me Cry Award" for making me cry]

Well it had to be. Chicory is so lovely. It's so sweet, so wise, so funny, so warm, and touching, and clever, and deals with some
very REAL and complicated and difficult subject matter in such an understanding, embracing way, all the while being a wonderful
little adventure that's fun to explore and doodle on every screen. Another absolutely wonderful soundtrack from Lena Raine again.
Play it. Feel things. Cry for a little dog and a bunny and being able to feel so much. Embrace it.

Absolutely the best game of the year.

YouTube Video

9/10

Happy new year!

Response entries:
Games of 2022 + The Qwarky Awards by map car man words telling me to do things

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 haibane)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #744]

Jan 1, 2021 - 07:46 AM
Games of 2020 + The Qwarky Awards
Response to: Games of 2019 + The Qwarky Awards by map car man words telling me to do things

what a year huh

anyway video games

it is time

Games I started before 2020 and only finished last year:

-

System Shock 2
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II - Mysteries of the Sith
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy - Escape: Yavin IV
Doom Eternal (Ultra-Violence difficulty)
Resident Evil 3 (2020)
Command & Conquer (both campaigns + dinosaur missions)
Warcraft - Orcs and Humans (both campaigns)
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (both campaigns)
Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal (both campaigns)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert (both campaigns)
StarCraft (all three campaigns)
StarCraft: Brood War (all three campaigns)
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (both campaigns)
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun – Firestorm (both campaigns)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (both campaigns)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge (both campaigns)
Heretic
Hexen: Beyond Heretic
Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
Helltaker
Command & Conquer: Renegade
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (all four campaigns)
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (all four campaigns)
Command & Conquer: Generals (all three campaigns)
Command & Conquer: Generals – Zero Hour (all three campaigns)
Desperados III
SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE
Curious Expedition
INMOST
Batman: Arkham Origins
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Batman: Arkham Asylum (replay)
Batman: Arkham City + Harley Quinn's Revenge (replay)
Batman: Arkham Knight + DLC (true knightfall)(replay)
LEGO Batman
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
Streets of Rage 4
Raji: An Ancient Epic
Cloudpunk
El Hijo - A Wild West Tale
Ghostrunner
Haven
Hades

VirtuaVerse
The Cycle
Necrobarista
Rogue Company

Best games of 2020 I played:

Honorable mentions:

Spoiler:

SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE
[SUPER] [HOT]

6/10

INMOST
[oh no everything is] [sad]

7/10

Streets of Rage 4
[Best Animation] [Best Blaze] [Best Music]

7/10

THE QWARKY TOP 10 BEST GAMES OF 2020

Spoiler:

El Hijo - A Wild West Tale
[Cutest Game] [Best Ending] [Best Minecarts]

Very cute, striking looking little stealth game with a very satisfying finale.

7/10

Raji: An Ancient Epic
[Best Sweeping Epic] [Best Gods] [Best Shadowpuppets]

A great adventure with lovely sights and sounds. Ends a little abruptly, but overall very enjoyable epic with fun combat.

8/10

Resident Evil 3 (2020)
[Best Jill] [Best Carlos] [Best Hunters] [Best Hospital]

Could have been better, could have had more content and more replayability yadda yadda. I don't like old RE3 that much and while this could have used a few more open, hub-like sections, as linear as it was I enjoyed the ride and played it through multiple times.

8/10

Doom Eternal
[Best Doom] [Best Music] [Best FPS] [Best Marauders] [Best Shotgun]

I loved Doom 2016 until it wore out its welcome, but it did so many things so well. Eternal doesn't do all of those things quite as well, but then it does a whole lot of other things so much better. id made an FPS character action game and not everyone will enjoy that, but it's a hell of a ride with amazing setpieces, systems and music. I haven't played the DLC yet, I'll probably wait for part 2 to come out before getting into them.

YouTube Video

8/10

Helltaker
[Best Demons] [Best Free Game] [Best Pancakes] [Best Ending] [Best Wholesome]

A++ demon girls and wholesome dialogue. The Twitter comics vanripper keeps posting are great too.

https://twitter.com/vanripperart/sta...67729876156416

8/10

Ghostrunner
[Best Dystopia] [Best Katana] [Best Dashing] [Best Challenge] [Best Music]

Really fun and furious cyberpunk slashing dashing fun fun fun.

YouTube Video

8/10

Cloudpunk
[Best Graphics] [Best City] [Best Atmosphere] [Best Flying Cars] [Best Dog] [Best Dog Car]

Drive around a cool dystopia city and have emotions about everything. Camus is best boy.

YouTube Video

8/10

Desperados III
[Best Cowboys] [Best Music] [Best Tactics] [Best Kate] [Best Stealth] [Best Pause] [Best Sniping] [Best Cat]

Fantastic tactical cowboy espionage action, super satisfying pause and plan mode, great setpieces, lovely visual flair, delightful use of music, attention to detail, charming cast of characters, boatloads of additional stuff to do after the initial playthrough.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

9/10

Hades
[Best Graphics] [Best Music] [Best Gods] [Best Backgrounds] [Best Combat] [Best Dialogue] [Best Nyx] [Best Cerberus] [Best Dusa] [Best Ending] [Best Weapons]

Okay I need to start with: I am not a huge fan of Supergiant games. I've TRIED to love them, but they won't let me. Something about the narratives just doesn't click with me, so I ended up not enjoying Bastion and Transistor as much as I wanted, and I never got around to playing Pyre. The art, the music, the care put into each title is so appealing to me, but they just don't click.

For these reasons I picked up Hades, but didn't get around to playing it until only this december. I'm not a huge fan of roguelikes, so we weren't off to an amazing start. It took a long while, but eventually the game did very much win me over and I had to think hard on whether it was my favourite game of the year or not.

The roguelike stuff isn't the best in class, and getting most of the story in tiny tiny bits and crumbs at a time can be a little frustrating for someone like me, but everything else works so well. Art design all around is exquisite, these are some of the loveliest backgrounds I've seen in years, gorgeous character designs, gorgeous use of colours, Darren Korb's music is once more just outstanding, and its use during the game is sublime. All the characters are endearing, well voiced, and there is just so much to discover about them, each piece of conversation usually bringing something new out.

It's a tough game, but the team have also added in plenty of little options of making the experience less brutal for the people who want that.

All in all, it didn't end up my #1 but man if it isn't Supergiant's best work and a wonderful game with a lot of heart and care put into it, fun combat, wonderful visuals and music, tons and tons and tons to do and explore and discover. I finished (saw credits) last night, but I will continue to play for the other character quests because I like everyone so much.

Also if you care about Hades and Supergiant, please watch the Noclip documentary series on its development, they've been making it for two years now and it's lovely.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

9/10

Haven
[Game of the Year] [Cutest Game] [Best Yu] [Best Kay] [Best Music] [Best Gliding] [Best Oink] [Best Ending] [Best Dialogue]

In the end it had to be Haven. This lovely, gentle, engaging scifi love story was exactly what it wanted and needed to be. Gorgeous sights, wonderful music, endearing characters with a well written relationship that was just a joy to witness and aid. Fun scifi, fun gliding, fun exploration, fun timing based combat, lovely attention to detail and heart and warmth. Very, very satisfying and emotionally charged conclusion that will stay with me for a while.

Finished it and then went back and got the rest of the achievements because I loved it

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

9/10

Response entries:
Games of 2021 + The Qwarky Awards by map car man words telling me to do things

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [7] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 haibane)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #743]

Sep 1, 2020 - 03:44 PM
acer is still a madman
Response to: Acer is a madman by map car man words telling me to do things

SIX YEARS LATER

I receive a gigantic package that by some miracle does not get stuck in customs.

Though they did not deliver it to my door, I had to go to my local post office to pick it up.

A package I barely get home with help from my parents and their car

What could be inside?

SCISSORS WILL TELL

A ransom note, eh. Well, we'll just have to disagree on those horns, buddy. There's no such thing as too big horns. If anything's too big, it's this box!

Empty packing, ehhh. You may have fooled customs, but you're not fooling me. Why this box is full of..!

HMMMMMMM

maybe it is empty packing after all...

I will accept this gift.

Wait a minute, there's a ton of cardboard here! I've already been fooled! Like customs!

What is this tube? This looks like gun rifling! An assassination attempt!

Why, it ejected a poster! A Gravity Falls poster! Two of them!

Well I barely survived that attack, I wonder if I should look any further.

Why it's a box of bubblewrap! Surely this isn't a bullet!

Why it's an ACTUAL box of bubblewrap! Safety first! This is a strangely safe bullet if it is one!

Now hold on a minute, this isn't a box of bubble wrap at all! This is a figma statue!

!

This is a present!

A PRESENT

Look at this, this envelope of bubblewrap is already displaying its contents. Also not a bullet!

No, this isn't bubblewrap either! These look like fabric!

Man's first video game! It's a history lesson! Also not a bullet!

Yes yes, from stone age, to ghosts, to pirates! It's a history of our kind! At world's end! Pretty grim. These are rad though! I love the ghosts!

No, wait? More history lessons?

Yes, after pirates, there came music! And Bryan Lee O'Malley!

Then the space age! Exploration! Discovery! Bullets!

And then back to video games after eons! I know this one, it's that french series! Dofus? Wakfu?

Oh, it is Wakfu!

Presents!

For me!

Not bullets!

ACER

OH NO

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

THERE ARE SO MANY OF THESE

A secret code! Encryption!

We will get to the bottom of th-

WHAT THE HELL ACER

oh no

oh no look at this

it's a choose your own adventure gravity falls book

acer oh no acer

look at how cool this is

wait there's more in here

ohh nooo

oh my god acer legends of localization for earthbound

I've always wanted to read this and never got around to ordering from fangamer because of shipping and everything

ohhh nooo acer this is so cool

wait

ohhhh my god acer nooo

It's Journal #3

This is so cool oh my god

ohhh man it's got stanford's notes about everything

I guess some of this has to be Dipper's writing and Mabel's art? sometimes?

ohh nooo I love this

I always wanted one of these ohhh noo acerrrr

OHHHH NOOOOOOO there's more oh no

It's the graphic novel and a portable black light?

I think it'll reveal stuff in the journal?

ohhhh nooo look at this art

oh no acer i love thisssss

acer this is too much

thank you so much oh no

oh no acer

ohhh noo I still have more to open

why are there so many of these acer

wait what the hell is this

it comes with stan bucks!

score!

and a whopping -12 quentin trembley bux!

what is thiiisssss

it comes with real string and everything

carefully open it

what isssss thissssss

acer

wait wait what the hell

acer

wh

GAAAASPPPPP

oh my god acer

this is like the super rare collector's edition version of Journal 3

ohhh my god acer

they made like 10000 of these or something

ACER WHY DID YOU GIVE ME BOTH OH NO ACER

ohhhh maaannn look at this

This is 5127 out of 10.000

the highlights letter spell "lucky you"!

ACER

how do i

oh no acer this is too much

they have like PHYSICAL photos and notes and stuff attached to the pages

this is so meticulous

I'm guessing THIS book is what the black light is for

acerrrrrrr

acer this is too much

I love this so much but jesus

m-more codes

why are there still so many of these

acer

ohhh noo acer what is this

there's so many

ohhhh what is this

it's something super rad isn't it

ohhh nooooo acer you didn't

it's the Wanderer's Journal and awesome papercraft

acerrrrrr

you know I love Hollow Knight oh noooo

wait no what the fffff

acerrrrrrr

this is too much oh my god

I always dreamed of getting these but told myself not to because so many reasons ohhh my god

acer noooo

look at these

oh god there's more

Undertale artbook? That looks like the Double Fine Adventure documentary they made about making Broken Age

and a super beautiful Hollow Knight pin

ohhhh it includes the game too

god this is so nice

and there's a.. sticker? a card

SOMETHING WITH GORGEOUS HK ART

ohhhh nooo these were in an envelope toooo

acerrrr

I love these they're so cute are you kidding me

acer

ACER

nono no what is this

acer my heart can't take this anymore

there's too much

OOHHHNOOOOO acerrr

oh my god

I love gravity falls so much, but I didn't order this when it was coming out because I told myself I shouldn't because it's Region A and shipping and customs would kill me and maybe they'll release a Region B version but they never did and by then it was too late to try to get one unless you went to scalpers

now i have one

thanks to you again acer

ACER

;____;

acerrrrrr

thank you so much, this is WAY too much

ohhnooo nonono acer no acer

oh noo the first volume of the legends of localizations

is this what the passports came with?

ohhh nooo

acerrrr

it's like everything from all three games

and it comes with a little envelope with more art

nooo there's still more

acer

ohhh nooo it's like every book and game and gorgeous anything I've ever wanted

fucking dragon's dogma and Darkstalkers are you kidding meeee

this witcher book is so nice, it goes so well with my world of cyberpunk book now oh god

acer

this is

so

much

thank you ;____;

I already told you I'm flabbergasted this thing made it through customs but I'm also horrified how much shipping you paid for all of this

this is so many birthday and christmas presents

thank you so much ohhh nooo

Lucina is amazing she's already on my shelf

Alphonse and Brocken and Griffin and Tali and the amiibos are happy to have her

Acerrrrrrrr

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [9] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 haibane)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #742]

Dec 31, 2019 - 09:08 PM
Games of 2019 + The Qwarky Awards
Response to: Games of the Year 2018 + AWARDS by map car man words telling me to do things

Another year, another game. Always game. Sometimes game. It was a year of back pains and trouble sitting for long periods of time, so there was a longish gap in playing anything when all I could do is lay down and read books. It mostly showed in me not playing particularly long games this year, but that's been a growing trend for me for several years now. I just don't have the attention span for 100 hour RPGs and open world extravaganzas anymore. Anyway. GAMES

Games I started before 2018 and only finished last year:

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

The Hong Kong Massacre
Resident Evil 2 (2019)
Gato Roboto
Draugen
Observation
My Friend Pedro
Pikuniku
Wolfenstein: Youngblood
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (true ending)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (true ending)
Control
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Mortal Kombat 11 (story mode)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (replay)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Untitled Goose Game
Gears of War: Judgment (main campaign + aftermath)
Gears of War 4
Gears 5
Outer Wilds
Sayonara Wild Hearts
What the Golf?
Afterparty
Knights and Bikes
Rain of Reflections: Chapter 1
Haydee (all 3 endings)
Indivisible (100%)
The Outer Worlds
Void Bastards
Ape Out
Blazing Chrome
River City Girls (both endings)
A Short Hike
Baba is You

Tom Clancy's The Division

Best games of 2019 I played:

Honorable mentions:

Spoiler:

Pikuniku

Gears 5

Blazing Chrome
[Best Contra]

What the Golf?
[Best golf puns] [Best cats] [SUPER. PUTT.]

The Hong Kong Massacre
[Best slomo] [Best shotgun]

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
[Cutest game] [Best Marin]

Draugen

Untitled Goose Game
[Best goose] [Best animation] [Best honk]

River City Girls
[Best animation] [Best character art] [Best music] [Best Yoko]

THE QWARKY TOP 15 BEST GAMES OF 2019

Spoiler:

Void Bastards
[Best artstyle] [Best scifi] [Best character traits] [Best kittybots]

A really cool looking scifi FPS roguelite hybrid that can get a little repetitive after a while and the ending is a little abrupt. But they nail the comic book presentation so flawlessly, everyone should play this game.

7/10

The Outer Worlds
[Best Parvati] [Best scifi]

The original creators of original Fallout make a new scifi first person RPG. It's well written, pretty, and has some really good characters (and some not particularly engaging ones as well). A fun scifi romp with multiple solutions to pretty much every situation.

8/10

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
[Best artstyle] [Best Marvel] [Best Ms. Marvel] [Best Spider-Gwen] [Best Gamora]

I had a blast playing through this. Combat is relatively simple, but still has just enough depth to be rewarding and some of the screenfilling ability combos are really satisfying. Story is a fun little adventure through several marvel worlds and the mashup of all these characters and their banter is really enjoyable.

8/10

Wolfenstein: Youngblood
[Best Jessie] [Best Zofia] [Best hand gestures] [Best nazi shooting] [Best FPS movement] [Best cutscenes] [Best first kill]

Everyone hates this game now, but I really enjoyed playing through it. Structure is not the same as the last two Wolfenstein games, the live service elements are not implemented well (or necessary), and revisiting the same locations several times can get a little repetitive. Besides that, the setting is neat, the shooting, movement and exploration are really fun and satisfying, the characters are endearing and while it's fairly light on story, there's a few terrific moments and setpieces and a particularly memorable plot twist and ensuing cutscene.

8/10

Ape Out
[Best gorilla] [Best artstyle] [Best sound] [Best ending]

A fascinating explosion of audiovisual overload that I didn't particularly enjoy PLAYING per se, because it's really hard and can get super frustrating at times. But I respect the hell out of the craft on display here and the ending is so fucking good it makes playing through the whole thing more than worth it.

YouTube Video

7/10

Afterparty
[Best Hell] [Best dog] [Best Lola] [Best Milo] [Best music]

Maybe a little disappointing after the absolutely wonderful Oxenfree, but Afterparty is still a really funny, really compelling little walk and talk adventure game with a neat dialogue system, good writing and fun characters, and another superb soundtrack from scntfc

YouTube Video

8/10

Baba is you
[Award is you] [Best Baba] [Best Keke] [Most puzzle]

Another game that I maybe didn't enjoy playing myself quite so much as I just love and respect for being exactly what it is and how. A brilliant puzzle game that is constantly asking you to bend its ruleset, teaching you to think outside the box, as well as playing around with structure and systems. It's also really, REALLY funny.

YouTube Video

7/10

Knights and Bikes
[Best goose] [Best artstyle] [Best Demelza] [Best Nessa] [Best music]

A tremendously charming and heartfelt adventure, with a wonderful artstyle, endearing characters, fun bike riding and exploration, a superb Daniel Pemberton soundtrack and surprisingly emotional subject matter. I certainly cried a lot towards the end.

YouTube Video

8/10

Control
[Best Oldest House] [Best combat] [Best abilities] [Best artstyle] [Best location title cards] [Best Ahti] [I see you are not the yesterday's grouse's son]

Remedy has managed to create an absolutely superb action adventure with a really cool look, thick atmosphere, and great world building. The Metroid like structure and exploration is fun, combat is punchy and satisfying, all the side stuff and readables are really compelling. It's a wonderfully strange and cool action game and I wish it had stuck the ending a little better. Still. Really looking forward to what they do with the DLC in 2020

YouTube Video

8/10

Observation
[Best scifi] [Best artstyle] [Best space]

A wonderful atmospheric scifi mystery. It's short and a bit light on gameplay, but it has a stunning look, it's drenched in mood and I actually really like the ending. It's just that there is an even more compelling space mystery adventure type game out this year and it's way down this list.

YouTube Video

9/10

Indivisible
[Best artstyle] [Best animation] [Best Ajna] [Best Razmi] [Best Kushi] [Best music] [Best ending]

Lab Zero tries to combine Valkyrie Profile combat, RPG structure and Metroid platforming and exploration. It's a little bit more linear than I would have liked, and some of the maps are a chore to get through when backtracking or revisiting, even after most of your abilities. It's a shame, because the story is very enjoyable, the characters are all wonderful, well written, and brought to life with superb animation and great voiceacting.

Really, it's the platforming and story that carried this for me, as the finale - after having done all of the characters' sidequests - was absolutely worth it. And Kikuta's score is fantastic. Razmi is best girl.

YouTube Video

9/10

A Short Hike
[Best Claire] [Best hike] [Best mountain] [Most peaceful] [Best music] [Best fishing] [Best treasure] [Best ending]

An absolutely lovely little walk through the woods with a cast of likeable characters, a serene, soothing atmosphere and a delightful warm tone. Very funny, very kind.

YouTube Video

9/10

Sayonara Wild Hearts
[Best Queen Latifah] [Best artstyle] [Best music] [Best bikes] [Best ending] [Best A Place I Don't Know]

An interactive pop album. It's got a striking look, it's got wonderful music and a super satisfying final act. Light on gameplay but it was such a treat on all the senses I didn't mind at all.

YouTube Video

9/10

Resident Evil 2
[Best Claire] [Best zombies] [Best map] [Best shotgun] [Best minigun]

A stunning reimagining of a survival horror classic, respecting the spirit and values of the original, while successfully revising and modernising several things. Stressful combat, exploration and puzzles, great setpieces and amazing production values. I can't fucking wait for the remake of 3 and what they can do with a game I didn't really enjoy last time through.

YouTube Video

9/10

Outer Wilds
[Game of the Year] [Best space] [Best timeloop] [Best solar system] [Best exploration] [Best music] [Best ending]

Well here it is. I'm in love with this game. This spellbinding, imaginative, wonder of an adventure. A tiny clockwork solar system you'll explore inside out, gawking, reading, learning, yearning.

It is the kind of game where the less you know about it, the more its mystery can surprise and delight you. And boy did it surprise and delight me. For over a week, I did nothing but think about this game. What I'd seen, what I'd read, what this meant, what that meant. What I can still find in that place. How I could get in that one place. At work, all I did was think about going home and playing more. I lived in this solar system. I loved all life in it.

I was worried it might falter at the last step, but it really doesn't. The game's finale was mesmerising and the whole journey will stay with me for years to come. If you haven't played it, please don't spoil yourself. Don't watch a let's play. Don't read up solutions. Experience it. Wake up by that campfire and look at that night sky. Go up there and find everything.

YouTube Video

10/10

List of 2019 games I didn't play but probably would have liked a lot:

Disco Elysium
Pathologic 2
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Daemon X Machina
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Operencia: The Stolen Sun
John Wick Hex
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
Virgo vs The Zodiac
Stardrop
Deliver Us the Moon
Astral Chain
Sunless Skies
Eliza
Moons of Madness
Code Vein
The Surge 2
Sigma Theory: Global Cold War
Ion Fury
Devil May Cry 5
Arcade Spirits
Heaven's Vault
Vane
Manifold Garden

Hope everyone has a good start for the year!

Response entries:
Games of 2020 + The Qwarky Awards by map car man words telling me to do things

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 haibane)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #741]

Jan 1, 2019 - 12:58 PM
Games of the Year 2018 + AWARDS
Response to: Games of the Year 2017 + AWARDS by map car man words telling me to do things

It is the time of lists. I'm gonna go through the games I played through last year and pick the best ones again!

Games I started before 2018 and only finished last year:

-

HITMAN (2016) (Professional difficulty 20/20 all challenges)
Iconoclasts
SteamWorld Dig
SteamWorld Heist
SteamWorld Dig 2
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
Fear Effect Sedna
Hitman GO: Definitive Edition (PC)
Lara Croft GO + DLC (PC)
Into the Breach
Oakwood Academy of Spells and Sorcery
Celeste
Link Twin
Framed
Framed 2
Hidden my game by mom
Hidden my game by mom 2
My brother ate my pudding
Wings of Vi
Kathy Rain
Forgotton Anne
Lake Ridden
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut
La-Mulana 2
Chuchel
Crossing Souls
Thief of Thieves: Season One
Akane
Death's Gambit
Hidden my game by mom 3
Ghost of a Tale
FAR: Lone Sails
The Gardens Between
HITMAN: Sniper Assassin
Tangledeep
Marie's Room
The Lion's Song
Gorogoa
Master Spy (true ending)
What Remains of Edith Finch
Remothered: Tormented Fathers
Darksiders
Darksiders II
My Memory of Us
Where the Goats Are
Donut County
Unavowed
Get Even
Minit
Resident Evil 7 + DLC
Semblance]
Return of the Obra Dinn
Darksiders III
GRIS
Iris.Fall
HITMAN 2 (2018)

Agents of Mayhem
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Fortnite: Save the World
Fortnite: Battle Royale
God of War
CrossCode
Dead Cells

Best games of 2018 I played:

Honorable mentions:

Spoiler:

Iconoclasts
[Best Robin] [Most unexpectedly depressing and dark story details]

6/10

Where the Goats Are
[Best Goats] [Best Chicken] [Best Drawing on Sand]

7/10

Unavowed
[Best Ben Chandler Sprites] [Best Vicki] [Best Mandana] [Best ProZD]

6/10

Forgotton Anne
[Best faux Ghibli aesthetics] [Also most unexpectedly depressing and dark story details]

7/10

Crossing Souls
[A++ Ending]

7/10

Semblance
[Best blobs]

6/10

Iris.Fall
[Best clockwork gears]

6/10

THE QWARKY TOP 16 BEST GAMES OF 2018

Spoiler:

Chuchel
[Best Amanita Design game of the year] [Best Slapstick] [Best DVA game soundtrack of 2018] [Cherry of the year]

Jaromír Plachý and Amanita deliver another delightful interactive picture book of slapstick and weirdness.

YouTube Video

7/10

Thief of Thieves: Season One
[Best Robert Kirkman license] [Surprising Finnish Game of the Year] [Best Celia] [Best comic book inking]

Surprisingly enjoyable episodic adventure game with stealth and light choice making. A really nice comic book aesthetic and solid voice acting makes it easy to put up with the occasionally clunky stealth, though I read they've patched improvements since. Good stuff! I want a season 2!

8/10

Hidden my game by mom 3
[Best giraffe] [Best Mom gallery]

MAMA

8/10

FAR: Lone Sails
[Best Horizon] [Most Biggest Transportation] [Best Music]

You stare at a lonely horizon and drive a dope ass trashpowered tank.

YouTube Video

8/10

Minit
[Best Sword] [Land.. is best] [Best Jukio Kallio] [Best Countdown] [Best Black & White] [The Funniest Gag Award - for the old man by the lighthouse]

Use sword and die every 60 seconds. The Funniest Gag speaks for itself.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

8/10

Darksiders III
[Best Fury] [Best Tornado] [Best Giant Hammer]

A very good metroid/souls alike with fun combat and fun exploration. Ends a bit abruptly but hey.

7/10

Ghost of a Tale
[Best Mice] [Best Frog] [Best Pirate Outfits] [Best Hiding in Barrels] [Best Mushroom Picking]

The best fantasy mouse sneaking and eating simulator RPG of 2018.

YouTube Video

8/10

Into the Breach
[Best Mechs] [Best Turn-Based Game] [Most Heartbreak] [Best Time Travel] [Best Music]

FTL dev comes up with a way to break our hearts in turn-based tactics. Incredibly addicting and replayable.

YouTube Video

8/10

Return of the Obra Dinn
[Best Graphics] [Best Detective Work] [Most Tragic Discoveries] [Best Music]

Lucas Pope makes us play supernatural detective and insurance agent.

YouTube Video

8/10

La-Mulana 2
[Best Lumisa] [Best Mulbruk] [Best Bosses] [Most Getting Lost] [Most Where the Fuck am I Supposed to go What the Hell] [Best Music] [Funniest/Cutest/Most Heartbreaking Scene of the Year]

YouTube Video

8/10

Akane
[Best Cyberpunk] [Most Blood] [Best Combo Chasing] [Best BLAME! Gun]

YouTube Video

8/10

Donut County
[Best Holes] [Best Slapstick] [Best Raccoon] [Best Drone] [Best Music]

Ben Esposito gives us a strange and charming story about a selfish little shit raccoon dooming the world. Fantastic and funny stuff.

YouTube Video

8/10

HITMAN 2 (2018)
[Best Level Design] [Best Murder] [Best Replayability] [Best Stealth] [Best Castle] [Best Miami] [Best Mumbai] [Best Slapstick] [Best Santa]

Well, the story is back to pretty dumb again after Season 1's promising start, but the level design is some of the best the series has ever seen. Fantastic work IO, I hope you do well enough for a Season 3.

YouTube Video

8/10

The Gardens Between
[Best Graphics] [Best Dioramas] [Best Kids] [Best Rewind] [Best Bittersweet Ending]

A delightful little puzzler experience, with a gorgeous 3D diorama look and lovely music. The simple interactivity hides some clever puzzle sequences to solve, and you never get tired of forwarding and rewinding time, watching the two kids walk and run and climb and look at things. To top it off, the narrative tells a moving little story about the joys and pains of childhood friendship. A treat, I tell you!

YouTube Video

9/10

GRIS
[Best Graphics] [Best Animation] [Best Watercolours] [Best Loneliness] [Best Falling] [Best Statues] [Best Music] [Best Chase Sequences] [Best Underwater] [Best Box Shaped Buddy] [Best Box Shaped Apples]

An astonishing piece of animated art you play through. It's bold, it's achingly gorgeous, it's contemplative and thrilling and melancholic and moving. It's a treat for the senses and I had a really hard time deciding between it and the game above for #2.

YouTube Video

9/10

Celeste
[Game of the Year] [Mountain of the Year] [Best Madeline] [Best Writing] [The Made Me Cry Award for making me cry] [Toughest Platforming] [Best Weh heh heh laughing noise] [Best Music]

Well there it is. Celeste won my heart from the moment Madeline started talking and it remained my favourite game throughout the year. It's an incredibly tough platformer that superbly weaves punishing difficulty into a beautiful narrative about the struggles we endure and the strength we can find to better ourselves. We want Madeline to succeed and find courage because she's an incredibly endearing character and you grow to love all of the cast. Lena Raine's gorgeous soundtrack and some excellent writing elevates Celeste into a powerful and incredibly rewarding experience that speaks to pretty much all of us.

YouTube Video

9/10

Response entries:
Games of 2019 + The Qwarky Awards by map car man words telling me to do things

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [7] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 haibane)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #740]

Dec 31, 2017 - 05:47 PM
Games of the Year 2017 + AWARDS
Response to: Games of the Year 2016 + AWARDS by map car man words telling me to do things

It is the time I go through my list of games I played through last year and pick my favourites. Again!

Games I started before 2017 and only finished last year:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

HITMAN (2016)
Nier (all endings)
Alien: Isolation + DLC
Obscure
Obscure II: The Aftermath
Hollow Knight (100%)
Ninja Pizza Girl
Ori and the Blind Forest - Definitive Edition
Memoranda
Myst
Riven - The Sequel to Myst
Myst III - Exile
Myst IV - Revelation
Uru: Ages Beyond Myst
Uru: To D'ni
Uru: Path of the Shell
Myst V - End of Ages
SUPERHOT
Amerzone
Clustertruck
Conga Master
Smashing the Battle
Clandestine
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! (replay)
Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
Snake Pass
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
RiME
NieR:Automata (endings A-E)
ECHO
Nex Machina
Cuphead
Sonic Mania
RUINER
Trackless
A Hat in Time
Tiny Echo
Mr. Shifty
Hob
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario 3D World (100%)
Battlerite (Poloma to lvl 20)
Thimbleweed Park

Games I started last year but didn't finish:

Hitman GO
Fire Emblem Heroes
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Best games of 2017 I played:

Honorable mentions:

Spoiler:

RiME
[Best almost ICO but not really] [Best Little Hogs]

7/10

Cuphead
[Prettiest Game] [Best Graphics] [Best Animation] [Best Colour Bleed]

7/10

ECHO
[Best Scifi] [Best Setting]

7/10

Trackless
[Best Zork-like]

7/10

A Hat in Time
[Best Hats]

7/10

Tiny Echo
[Cutest Game] [Most Peaceful] [Most Envelopes]

7/10

Hob
[Best Terrain Raising] [Best Forest Sprite Creatures]

7/10

THE QWARKY TOP 11 BEST GAMES OF 2017

Spoiler:

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
[Best Sound] [Cringiest End Credits Song] [Best Lighting] [The More Satisfying on Hard Award]

It's kind of like a walking simulator with occasional moments of combat and puzzles. What is important about it for me is an indie developer showing they can get a high quality, high production value title like this done in this day and age, and find an audience. And it's a solid experience too.

7/10

Ruiner
[Best Cyberpunk World] [Best Helmet] [Best Atmosphere] [Best Music] [Best Use of Susumu Hirasawa]

Really cool setting, really cool look, stunningly good soundtrack. The action is a bit too hectic and punishing so I had to drop it down from Hard to Normal, but all in all a really enjoyable and memorable action game. I'd love to see them do more in this world.

YouTube Video

8/10

Memoranda
[Best Name Searching] [Best Disguised Elephant] [Best Talking Moose Head]

A lovely little point & click adventure with wonderful atmosphere and storytelling.

8/10

Nex Machina
[Most Twin Stick] [Best Ari Pulkkinen Soundtrack] [Best Viewpoint Switching and Zooming] [Most Secret Humans]

Housemarque made their best game and probably the best twin stick shooter. Probably.

9/10

Thimbleweed Park
[Best-a-who] [Best Sprites] [Most Maniac Mansion] [Best Annoying In-Jokes Toggle Option]

Ron Gilbert does NOT know how to end his games in a satisfying manner. But aside from that, this is a clever, funny, well written point & click adventure with tons of delightful little details and gags.

8/10

Snake Pass
[Cutest Game] [Most Colourful] [Best Snake] [Best Noodle] [Best Stream Game] [Best Music] [Best Murderous Hummingbird]

A delightful 3D exploration game, where the actual act of navigating the environments IS the gameplay hook and main draw. I had a blast streaming most of this game, it's bright and colourful, has a wonderful soundtrack from David Wise, and has that rare brand of slapstick that comes from gameplay instead of visual gags.

YouTube Video

8/10

Mr. Shifty
[Best Thief] [Best Teleporting] [Best Punching] [Best Broom Use]

Was totally surprised by this game and its central gameplay hook of dodging and punching. A superb little action game, with fun levels and tight controls. I want to see a sequel really bad.

8/10

Battlerite
[Best Multiplayer] [Best Arena Brawling] [Best Music] [Best Blossom] [Best Lucie] [Best Poloma] [Best Oldur] [Best Freya] [Best Winter Event Skins] [Best Prehistoric Event Skins]

I don't like competitive multiplayer. I've got 150 hours in this game. It's freaking great. The characters are all fun to play and well designed, the matches go by fast so even losing doesn't feel terrible, and the combat is hectic and tactical and so much fun you just lose hours and can always get better. Poloma is A++

YouTube Video

9/10

Hollow Knight
[Best Bugs] [Best Painted Backgrounds] [Best Atmosphere] [Best Tragedy] [Best Incidental Details] [Best Music] [Best 100% Experience]

It's dark, it's sad, it's beautiful, it's fun and intense and magical and heartbreaking. Fucking play it already, it's amazing. I put 44 hours into it to 100%. Trial of Fools is a bitch. My hands hurt for days afterwards from gripping the controller so hard.

YouTube Video

9/10

NieR: Automata
[Best Androids] [Best Existential Agony] [Best Music] [Best Platinum Game of the Year] [Best Story] [Best Endings] [Best Hidden Endings] [Most Swords] [Best Pod] [Best Fishing] [Best Hacking] [Best 2B] [Best End Credits] [Best Final Final Ending]

The only knock against the game is how you kind of have to persevere with it to see the whole thing, it doesn't NATURALLY engage you to continue playing. But once you get over that hump, good god. Get all the endings. Cry over androids. It's Yoko Taro's most hopeful game but it's still incredibly cruel and dark and overwhelmingly sad. It's smart, it's brave, it's surprising and deeply touching. An amazing experience, an unbelievable soundtrack, well worth 50 hours. You'll get more out of it if you play through the original NieR first (all four endings)

YouTube Video

9/10

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
[Game of the Year] [Best Link] [Best Zelda] [Best Side Characters] [Best Emergent Narratives] [Best Open World] [Best Climbing] [Best Exploration] [Best Atmosphere] [Best Music] [Best Sunsets] [Best Sunrises] [Most Grass] [Best Bears] [Best Fields] [Best King of the Mountain] [Best Sidequests] [Best Koroks] [Best Desert] [Best Lynels] [Best Hanggliding] [Best Horses] [Best Scientists] [Most Fruit] [Most Swords]

A remarkable achievement and a remarkable adventure. Nintendo succesfully takes bits and pieces of modern open-world game design and perfectly integrates them with their own design philosophy and ideas, into a wonderful Legend of Zelda experience that moves the series forward, while totally nailing what the first game did so well. The final ending is maybe a little anticlimactic because of all the things you do before it, but it remains essential gaming and I wouldn't have sunk over 90 hours into it if I hadn't loved it so much.

YouTube Video

9/10

Response entries:
Games of the Year 2018 + AWARDS by map car man words telling me to do things

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 haibane)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #739]

Dec 25, 2017 - 09:10 AM
A Qwarky Christmas 2017
hello it is the time of the season of pictures

but first some classic finnish christmas tunes to get into the holiday spirit:

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

The table is already set! Hooray! Sit down!

Time for melons and horses!

This is the life. I love the life.

Good food. Good people. Good food.

We almost forgot to serve these again. Soft dates, filled with blue cheese and wrapped in bacon. Delicious!

The sauce. The best. The sauce.

Yeah, this is the stuff. The best.

The ham. The best. The ham.

Nine hours dad had kept it in the oven. The best. The oven.

I'll drink to that.

YEAAAHHH THIS IS THE STUFF I LOVE CHRISTMAS

Small nap then mascarpone ice cream. The best. Ice cream.

Then usually we take a break, then have coffee and cake and my aunt opens her birthday presents. But because we were all so full and no one could have cake or coffee just yet, in the interest of time we decided to have some of us open christmas presents while we wait a bit.

which is what we did

Then it was time for sparkling wine and cake and coffee and birthday presents

And then the remaining presents were opened.

My mom is knitting me a sock, I was try this one on and if it fit, she makes the other one. It did, so I'm getting socks next year. Hooray! It's beautiful!

Merry christmas everyone, hope it's a really lovely and relaxing time for all!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [7] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 haibane)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #738]

Jun 18, 2017 - 01:15 PM
GFF Meet 2017 photos - Part 3
Days 0-1 photos here

Days 2-4 photos here

Sorry for the delay. This proved harder than I'd expected. Here's the remaining days.

YouTube Video

Days 5-7 Thursday-Saturday:

oh, did i mention we moved upstairs last night because of cody's foot and he was better off sleeping in our room downstairs

it's pretty nice!

i kinda wanna stay in this room next year

(phone)

awww yea, tails and garr playing double dragon IV was a particular highlight

acer made balloon animals and weapons for us

BIG OL BEAR-ON-A-STICK

Then we played Mount Your Friends

YouTube Video

Wait, friday already? Shit

We finally went to that pancake place on time!

It was awesome!

(phone)

(phone)

(phone)

Garr with the advanced pancake strats!

(phone)

(phone)

(phone)

(phone)

(phone)

YEAAAAAHHH HOTTUB BOIS

Then I too went in the hottub and we did BoilingForce and it was super nice while it was still lightly raining and we were all just boiling in there and there was a big ol bumblebee in the bushes

Then Cody was free and we went to pick him up at the hospital and his fucking coffee GOD

(phone)

Then we went for ice cream!

(phone)

Then it was time for food!

Far, far too much food!

Then the moon was up and absolutely gorgeous so we went over to the beach to stare at it and my camera can't do it justice.

abby did some art

And then it was saturday! Shit!

Then everyone left and I didn't get any shots of hugs and then Abby dropped me off at the airport and I met up with Talec, Tritoch and CHz who were still there

(phone)

and then ate a gross bacon king meal and regretted everything

then tritoch bailed on us like a chump so we walked around in a tiny tiny airport waiting for chz's plane to start boarding

then chz left

then we sat around some more with talec till her plane left

and then an hour later my plane left and I went home and no more remained

What a week. Next year I need to bring my Ixus again for emergency photos and video cause using my phone sucks.

Thank you all for being such lovely people, looking forward to seeing everyone again next year.

Here's the group shot again:

group photo 2017:

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [11] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 haibane)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #737]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
map car man words telling me to do things's Journal