Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Sol's Journal

Sol's Journal Statistics
View Sol's profile
Entries 7 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 7194
Replies Sol has made 4 comments [view stats]
Comments 4 comments (0.57 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 2 props given to Sol [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Sol's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Oct 28, 2020 - 02:12 AM
So the Dodgers finally won a world series
I mean it's been, what, thirty two years?

Been well what how the where why fuck it, the world's gone crazy and here I am, fifteen years later and I find myself here, man, what does it mean.

Digging for innocence, if there was ever such a thing. Looking for a more honest time where criticism came from within, not the omnipresent bedlam of social media and all it's ills. Looking for honest opinions!

I just don't know. The Dodgers won a world series. Here I am, a artifact of a time where anything was possible - like the Dodgers getting the win - and it was always just around the corner. But now I'm here screaming into the void "we finally made it!!!" as if it were proving one of the signs of the Revelations. Should I be excited? Sure! Why Not? Why the hell not?!

'cause thirty two years is far too long to hold onto innocent virtues, and far too long to hold onto that old standby of the American dream. Here I am shouting rah rah rah to the audience when they all left at the sixth inning. Shouting that we can all make it when no one is left to cross that finish line. The truth is only a few of us will make it.

I still don't know why I'm here. Am I treating this site like a confessor? Like a blank page that I can write my epitaph on? Like a shot into the long dark past that hopes to hit something that rings true though the years, however faint?

Fuck, am I just here for pity comments? I'm wasted enough to confess yes, and to accept whatever banishment comes of it, if anyone of authority still remains.

Looking at this site and all its posts makes me a little maudlin for how the times where when the city streets were bustling, when the sewers flowed and the inside jokes were sharp and swift. When personalities snapped at each other, when clichés were unique to our community, when we looked at screen-names and could instantly recognize who they were. When things were alive! Fifteen years after the fact - and after nicknames replacing actual names - I can still tell when Deni, Sass, Miles, Tails, Pang, or so many others make a post. That is what it means to have made a community.

We will never get back there, bar a legitimate miracle.

But the Dodgers won a World Series title after thirty two years of striving and hope.

So maybe that miracle isn't so far off as we think it is.

Thank you for listening to my drunk ted-talk goodnight everybody!

-Sol a.k.a. Sol_Confinement

Currently Playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA9LVzuC7z4

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 blather)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #7]

Jul 6, 2006 - 02:02 PM
Lazy bitch that I am
Here are those photos, by the way. Linked for 56K friendliness.

Setting up the munitions was just about done before I arrived with my cousin. He tends to be late to wherever he goes.

Small items were lit first so we could thoroughly enjoy the heavy stuff by the night's end. Plus I think more people arrived later on, but I didn't keep track. I was watching and reminescing about the past with my friends and our antics with explosives.

It was about eleven when we started firing mortars and big rockets. Sadly, since I had to use the video function of my camera to get good shots, the quality is a step above shitty. I suppose it's another argument to get some webspace and bandwidth so I can host some of the shorter clips. I just wish the grand finale wasn't stuck in an 80MB clip, it was AWESOME. One hundred sixty some odd rounds in a box huger than xbox, all fired in about fifteen seconds. Best $100 spent of them all.

Currently Playing: margot & the nuclear so and so's - a light on a hill

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 blather)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #6]

Jul 5, 2006 - 12:22 PM
Recounting yesterday
My cousin invited a good deal of the family and his friends to his new home so we could celebrate the 4th with a good barbeque. However, the news of this got around, so when I made my appearance all the high schoolers from his chruch were there adding about fifteen additional faces to the group. My uncle had to spend most of the time slaving over the barbeque cooking up hotdogs, burgers, brauts, and steaks.

After much eating with a shit-ton of leftovers stuffed into his fridge, we all headed over to the Blade's, my cousin's employers manor out in the boondocks. He bought about $500 worth of fireworks to launch, about three fourths of it mortars and grand finale class items. The teens were screaming drunk at the sheer volume of material to use, and it took us until midnight to fire them all off. We all arrived about nine thirtyish.

Took a boatload of photos and videos, so I'll get those up sometime later today. (Dammit, why'd I take them off my card!!)

The downside was that I missed getting pictures from my parent's balcony to show how the skyline looks like a reproduction of Baghdad's shock and awe. Another year, I suppose.

Currently Playing: holst - mars, the bringer of war

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 blather)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #5]

Jul 1, 2006 - 09:18 PM
Liberation Transmission
Sucks.

Why is it that one of my favored bands has to release a new CD that sounds like every other fucking band currently around? The blandness makes my ears bleed.

Damn, what a way to restart the day.

Currently Playing: lost prophets - we still kill the old way

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 blather)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

May 16, 2006 - 01:31 PM
Tedium
Much like how GFF is going through yet another slow spell, real life has been getting more repetative as the weeks wear on. The war in Iraq is going sour, gasoline prices are creeping up with no limit in sight, politics are more polarized than ever, blah blah blah...

The one positive is that the weather is quite nice for once. Sucks to be New England.

What really is the source of this malaise is that I'm doing my hardest to save my money. After saving receipts for a few weeks, it turns out I'm spending about 30% of each paycheck on snacks or meals out. Half my gasoline usage probably goes to driving around to get said food. Having stopped that nonsense, I've been sitting at home reading through books at about a hundred fifty pages a day when not working. Work itself is worsening since they are giving everyone minimal hours, leaving us part timers with a sparse dozen for the week. With no full time positions open, my luck has run the fuck out.

I need a bicycle. Matter of fact, I should get one. Watching 'Honey, we're killing the kids' on TLC has me thinking about how suicidal my dietary habits are.

Currently Playing: ghost - hazy paradise

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 blather)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

May 3, 2006 - 01:42 PM
A drink worth standing in line for!

Really, it's a fine lemonade. Just wanted to get that out.

Currently Playing: imogen heap - headlock

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Apr 1, 2006 - 06:31 PM
Let's start with some government idiocy

Classic.

Currently Playing: motion city soundtrack - the future freaks me out

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 blather)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Sol's Journal