Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
The Wise Vivi's Journal

Journal Banner

The Wise Vivi's Journal Statistics
View The Wise Vivi's profile
Entries 369 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 3 entries are private (0.81% of total)
Views 129927
Replies The Wise Vivi has made 1018 comments [view stats]
Comments 1375 comments (3.73 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 48 props given to The Wise Vivi [who be proppin?]
Buddies 62 buddies
Relation You are not The Wise Vivi's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Nov 6, 2012 - 12:41 AM
Darn YOUTUBE!
So, I upload to youtube, and my video turns out like this:

Red River Co-Op Speedway Delaine Memorial 2012 - YouTube

I have tried a different flash version, reinstalled windows, new GPU, different browsers... etc. I can't find anything online to help... tried the one about another link, but didn't work.

Need help!

Thanks!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 racefans)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #366]

Sep 24, 2012 - 01:53 PM
Steam Account?
Do you have a Steam Account for playing PC games? Let me know... Would enjoy having a few more people to play with/against.

Mine is [DCy] Cooleddown

Hope to see you there!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 racefans)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #365]

Oct 9, 2011 - 08:19 PM
My Election Results...
Well, I didn't win. Only got 10% of the total votes. Not bad, considering the 28 days we had to get things going, no resources, no signs until halfway through the campaign, almost no volunteers, and a riding that is 340,000 square kilometres. It takes a lot more time to get people to know you, see you around, and since no one was really paying attention to the election, people voted for the status quo overall. Plus, the Northwest really hates the Priemier and since I was running for that party, it was a big struggle. However, they got back into power, albeit a 1 short of a majority, minority.

So, where do we go from here? We build. We build the riding associatio, get out there as much as possible and prepare ourselves for the net one! All we can do is look towards the future!

It was a great time anyway and built a LOT of contacts and great people!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 racefans)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #364]

Aug 18, 2011 - 09:26 AM
Running in a Provincial Election...
Yeah, I know a few (probably a very few) have been wondering where I have disappeared too. Well, other than the usual Racing season, (where my brother has been doing extremely well this year! I am now running in the provincial election in Ontario and really hoping to work hard and have a good time and meet lots of people.

This weekend is the Emo Fall Fair, and its going to be busy with a booth and the two days of stock car racing. We even have the Winnipeg Super Trucks on Saturday night!

Good times!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 racefans)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #363]

Mar 12, 2011 - 01:30 PM
Bought New Computer...
So I purchase my monitor and PC online the other day. I ended up getting the LG I talked about in the last entry. I have heard plenty of positive comments, so I thought I would give it a go. Since the average user rating was 9.1 out of 10.... compared to other ones of its size being less than 9.0.... it should be a good choice.

Here are the specs of what I bought for my computer:

Antec Sonata III Black ATX 16IN Mid Tower Quiet Case 3X5.25 2X3.5 4X3.5IN 500W 120MM Fan

Corsair XMS CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5IN Dual Proc Hard Drive OEM

ASUS P8H67-M LX mATX H67 LGA1155 PCI-E16 PCI-E4 2PCI HDMI VGA Sandy Bridge B3 Motherboard 1 $92.99 $92.99

Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core Unlocked Processor LGA1155 3.3GHZ Sandy Bridge 6MB

XFX Radeon HD 6870 900MHZ 1GB 4.2GHZ GDDR5 2XDVI HDMI 2x Mini Display Port PCI-E Video Card

LG CH10LS20 Blu-Ray Reader & DVD Writer Combo Drive 10X BD-ROM 16X DVDRW Lightscribe SATA Retail Box

PC Assembly and Testing With 1 Year Limited NCIX System Warranty

Planned Budget before Taxes: $1,000
Total Cost before taxes: $917.57

Total cost after taxes and shipping: $1,076

Its going to be awesome!

Here is the computer I have run for the past 4 years:

AMDX2 64-bit Dual-Core 2.2Ghz
Asus M2N-E Motherboard
250GB Western Digital HDD
3GB of DDR2 800Mhz RAM
256MB Geforce 7600GT
16X LG DVD Writer

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 racefans)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #362]

Mar 1, 2011 - 09:20 AM
Can't Decide.... Suggestions on a 25" - 27" Monitor/HDTV?
Anybody have any good choices for the said title? I have looked and looked but have ended with a toss up between the LG M2762D and the Samsung P2770HD...

Any thoughts?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 racefans)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #361]

Dec 18, 2010 - 08:33 PM
Christmas Season
Sometimes, I tend to forget about the Christmas season since it is more like a routine these days than something special. I get caught up with not liking the cold, the snow, and having to put on a million clothes before going outside. But it seems when the day gets really close, I reflect on all the Christmas' of the past and it does create a bit of a sentimentality that I tend to have with other things.

It is a time to spend with family and friends and to look back over the past year and years before it.

The biggest thoughts I have are the racing season, watching videos and remembering the days of green and warmth. Christmas allows to gather my thoughts again after the hustle and bustle of the last few months of school.

The commercialization of Christmas doesn't bother me, and the whole Happy Holidays versus Merry Christmas thing doesn't hit the care radar. Whether it is right or wrong, Christmas is a special time of year for all of us, no matter how we celebrate it.

Its December 17th, and I still haven't got my father a gift, but I am hoping that I will get it by Thursday (Just a couple days before Christmas). He told me just to get something for the Shop... but I think he has enough tools already. Maybe I should buy him some new shocks for the race car!

One thing I definitely have to do is send out my e-cards for Christmas. I have old friends that are all over the world and I think it is a great way to let them know I still think of them and consider our friendship true.

There are plenty of things I am thankful for, my girlfriend, who puts up with my obsession of racing and computer vegging, the town of Emo for putting their trust in me for town councillor, my parents for putting up with my random visits to their house, and to all my friends and relatives that have been there when I needed them whether if it was just a chat or something more deep.

Christmas is when you can let time stand still for one day. You can take a deep breath, let it out slowly, smile at all of those around you and say "I love life".

Have a Merry Christmas everyone. Thank you for reading.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 racefans)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #360]

Sep 10, 2010 - 02:43 PM
September 4th Results
Was a quick night of racing, partly due to the fact there weren't as many cars. But the show was quite dramatic including the huge fire of Ron Westover's Street Stock. Congratulations to Mike Wilson and his second feature win in the WISSOTA Midwest Modifieds! Below are the results from championship night:

WISSOTA Midwest Modifieds Feature (Show 9 Cars)
1. #06 Mike Wilson (Devlin, Ontario)
2. #17 Christopher Leek (Emo, Ontario)
3. #19 John Hettinga (Emo, Ontario)
4. #50 Brady Caul (Fort Frances, Ontario)
5. #11 Anthony Visser (Emo, Ontario)
6. #33 Kendal Gamsby (Stratton, Ontario)
7. #14C Cody Ossachuk (Pinewood, Ontario) (R)
8. #09 Steve Nordin (Stratton, Ontario) (DNF)
9. #55 Tylar Wilson (Fort Frances, Ontario) (DNF) (R)

WISSOTA Modifieds Feature (Show 7 Cars)
1. #1L Brad Loveday (Devlin, Ontario)
2. #6 Gary Wilson (Devlin, Ontario)
3. #12P Dwayne Pelepetz (Emo, Ontario)
4. #14 Tyler Brown (Rainy River, Ontario) (R)
5. #4U Rick Bourre (Rainy River, Ontario) (R)
6. #99 Glen Strachan (Emo, Ontario) (DNF, Accident)
7. #3 Bill Witherspoon (Devlin, Ontario) (DNF, Accident)

Street Stocks Feature (Show 12 Cars)
1. #17 Jeff Wickstrom (International Falls, Minnesota)
2. #17 Carlee Bosma (Emo, Ontario)
3. #88 Tyler Wickstrom (International Falls, Minnesota)
4. #20 Daniel Hettinga (Emo, Ontario)
5. #4U Lindsay Bourre (Rainy River, Ontario)
6. #44U Nick Leininger (Rainy River, Ontario) (R)
7. #25 Richard Visser (Emo, Ontario)
8. #500 Libby Wilson (Fort Frances, Ontario) (R)
9. #38 Don Bowman (Bemidji, Minnesota) (DNF, Accident)
10. #15 Ron Westover (Devlin, Ontario) (DNF, Accident)
11. #08 Charlene Nicolson (Fort Frances, Ontario) (DNF)
12. #69 Terry Martin (Emo, Ontario) (DQ)

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #359]

Sep 1, 2010 - 10:46 AM
A New Speedway Open!
This past Sunday, we decided to go to ALH Motor Speedway in Morden, Manitoba to experience something that is extremely rare these days; the opening of a brand new dirt track racing facility.

First off a little background. Morden is in south central Manitoba, about 3.5 hours west of Emo, and 1.5 hours southwest of Winnipeg. Morden, and its close neighbor, Winkler are two mechanic/car/truck crazy communities. In fact, there are about a dozen or so drivers that race at Red River Co-op Speedway in Winnipeg that are from the Winkler/Morden area. In many ways, it makes sense that a facility would be built nearby at some point.

The track is located a couple miles west of Morden, which is a beautiful place. The trees hang over the main road and its organized fairly well. The Apple and Corn Festival, which took place that weekend was also pretty cool. I will definitely go there again in the future.

The facility is not complete, which was noticeable right when entering. Only one set of the grandstand was up, there was no electricity (except generators), and the place had an general unfinished look. It was ready to be raced on, but plenty of work will be done in the future to get it all ready for next season.

The track is about a 3/8 mile and has fairly steep banking. You could tell a lot of work was put into it, as there was plenty of material to set the place up. There were plenty of classes running, including five Lightning Sprints, five Super Trucks, five Super Stocks, two Modifieds, approx eight 4-Cylinders, and twelve Pure/Street Stocks.

The crowd was really good. Almost packed out the one grandstand making it close to a few hundred people. The racing was good too, but you could tel there was plenty of work to do in the corners since they seemed a bit uneven. Having the races definitely will help Al and the crew to get the kinks out of a fresh surface. Overall, the track held up VERY well, much better than a few people thought it would. I was impressed how fast the track was, although that was probably due to the high banking.

The program itself was very good as well and I think it will be an excellent program once everything is set in stone for the facility and the classes.

My overall impression is VERY positive. That place it teeming with possibilities and if managed well in its early years, should create a GREAT local racing community.

But as with all new things, it is important to tread carefully and make sure not to extend too far too soon, whether it comes to fans, sponsors, drivers, prices, etc. Below is a list of things that I think might be integral to making sure that ALH Motor Speedway or any other new dirt track in Canada becomes successful in the short and long road.

1. Only Run a Few Classes

It will be VERY important that the Speedway does not saturate its driver pool. By limiting the amount of regular classes that race on a weekly basis, they will be able to get the maximum amount of car count, allowing a streamlined program that has large amounts of cars in each class. One thing that plagues several speedways are having too many classes and not enough in each class to create a solid show. ALH Speedway would probably do best with three classes in at least the early going.

2. Make Prices affordable for all age levels

One of the best ways to get a business going is making sure prices are competitive and fair for all ages. Charging $15 for Adults can actually be a negative in many regards, especially if there are several adults and one person might be paying. You want the maximum amount of people to come into the main gate, and one way of doing that is making sure prices are fair. I know that one must make money to pay for the expenses, especially for a new facility, but what is more important in the long run is getting a full grandstand every week. Providing a family package may also help entice more people.

3. Providing A Smooth and Consistent Program

As with any racetrack, the return of fans (especially in Canada) is dependent on a great program. One that is short and sweet. The generations coming up are short on attention spans, so the importance of a quick program that doesn't seem to drag on forever will be key to getting young people continuing to be involved. Hence why its important, to have only so many classes. This will keep the program under control, even when there are accidents and other possible delays.

4. Develop a Local Driver Base

As said earlier, there are several area drivers, however, not necessarily enough to have a full program at this point. Another important step to developing the Speedway community is by NOT relying on travelers. If the Speedway wants to survive, it will have to promote a lot in the area to get young and new people interested in building and racing cars. A track is only as stable as its weekly drivers, and travelers are never a guarantee to show up every week, or at all.

5. No Specials or Invitationals for at Least a Year or Two

The best way to start to build a local community of racing is to not spoil it. That is, Sprints, Late Models, even Modified specials will only create a group of people that will go only on those nights and not on regular nights because "those classes are more exciting and worthwhile to go to". If you spoil your local community with that too early, then your weekly fan count may suffer in the short and long run. Once again, its about establishing a great weekly program that draws in the crowds, not the specials.

6. Pay Fair to the Drivers

Start pay will be key to getting new drivers and more drivers to attend and race. You can pay out big to win, but if you don't support the drivers that bring the rest of the field, then one day, you will continue to see a shrink of the total amount of cars. Paying out heat races isn't a bad idea either (Top 3). If you build a local community of racers, a good start pay will be key to maintain it.

There you have it. Just a few things that I think can help make the track in Morden an established success. Promoting will be the biggest thing to be done over the next year, getting people pumped for next season and see new cars being built. The airways, newspapers, internet, etc. should be pounded locally to make everyone feel like ALH Motor Speedway is the place to be EVERY week during the summer months in Morden.

If you need any clarifications please let me know. You can check out the ALH Motor Speedway website at http://www.alhmotorspeedway.com/ for more information.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #358]

Aug 28, 2010 - 11:32 PM
August 28th Keith McNally Memorial Results
Another great night of racing! Lots of close racing!

Here are the results:

WISSOTA Midwest Modifieds Feature (Show 13 Cars)
1. #55 Tylar Wilson (Fort Frances, Ontario)
2. #19 John Hettinga (Emo, Ontario)
3. #17 Christopher Leek (Emo, Ontario)
4. #50 Brady Caul (Fort Frances, Ontario)
5. #11 Anthony Visser (Emo, Ontario)
6. #60X Chuck Lambert (Fort Frances, Ontario)
7. #95 Matthew Mutz (Devlin, Ontario)
8. #33 Kendal Gamsby (Stratton, Ontario)
9. #06 Mike Wilson (Devlin, Ontario)
10. #21D Matt DePiero (Fort Frances, Ontario)
11. #09 Steve Nordin (Stratton, Ontario)
12. #14C Cody Ossachuk (Pinewood, Ontario)
13. #2X4 Ken Perry (Fort Frances, Ontario)

WISSOTA Modifieds Feature (Show 11 Cars)
1. #99 Glen Strachan (Emo, Ontario)
2. #66X Denny Trimble (Devlin, Ontario)
3. #6 Gary Wilson (Devlin, Ontario)
4. #41 Ron Korpi (Fort Frances, Ontario)
5. #12P Dwayne Pelepetz (Emo, Ontario)
6. #3 Bil Witherspoon (Devlin, Ontario)
7. #23 Shawn Hnatiuk (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
8. #4U Rick Bourre (Rainy River, Ontario)
9. #51 Randy Belluk (Lorette, Manitoba)
10. #22G Kyle Gavel (Fort Frances, Ontario)
11. #14 Tyler Brown (Rainy River, Ontario)

Street Stocks Feature (Show 12 Cars)
1. #20 Daniel Hettinga (Emo, Ontario)
2. #15 Ron Westover (Devlin, Ontario)
3. #21B Carlee Bosma (Emo, Ontario)
4. #69 Terry Martin (Emo, Ontario)
5. #25 Richard Visser (Emo, Ontario)
6. #4U Lindsay Bourre (Rainy River, Ontario)
7. #08 Charlene Nicolson (Fort Frances, Ontario)
8. #500 Libby Wilson (Fort Frances, Ontario)
9. #5 Wes Morriseau (Barwick, Ontario) (DNF)
10. #44U Nick Leininger (Rainy River, Ontario) (DNF)
11. #7 Darien Trimble (Emo, Ontario) (DNF, Accident)
12. #38 Don Bowman (Bemidji, Minnesota) (DNF, Tire)

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #357]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
The Wise Vivi's Journal