Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Drex's Journal

Journal Banner
( [ insert clever babbling here ] )

Drex's Journal Statistics
View Drex's profile
Entries 56 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 3 entries are private (5.36% of total)
Views 27147
Replies Drex has made 738 comments [view stats]
Comments 450 comments (8.04 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 66 props given to Drex [who be proppin?]
Buddies 38 buddies
Relation You are not Drex's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Feb 6, 2007 - 01:47 AM
MP3s to download: Eric Whitacre
tired
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e1nmy7

Eric Whitacre is an amazing current composer of choral pieces. I put together his Five Hebrew Love Songs as performed by the BYU Concert Choir and BYU Honros Quartet (2 violins, 1 viola, 1 cello). As far as I know it's the only professional/official recording of the pieces. The text is from a set of Hebrew poems picked out by Whitacre's wife.

I have more Whitacre stuff stashed away. If anyone likes this kind of stuff let me know and I'll put it up.

Also: I'm working to get Yama unbanned. I'd like to know if you agree with me, or would rather have him gone for good because he's too annoying.

Currently Playing: Nobuo Uematsu - Relm

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 songbirds)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #33]

Feb 5, 2007 - 10:36 AM
An apartment all to myself!
mildly giddy
So about 85% of the office is going to the International Builders' Show in Orlando, Florida for the week. Due to the nature of my job (tech support, among other things) and the fact that I have classes and such, I've been left in charge of the office. My cousins/roommates are also going (I dropped them off at the airport at 5:30 this morning), which means that I have the apartment to myself. Joy of joys!

I am also lining up to get enough sales to get an incentive 42" plasma TV this month. I could use a nice TV.

Currently Playing: Jennifer Hudson - I Am Changing

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 songbirds)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #32]

Feb 3, 2007 - 08:22 PM
Seven Years of Gamingforce
ponderous
Hey, 7 years of Gamingforce as of this month(ish), and 1000 posts as of today. Day for milestones, I guess.

I've had a great time here, from my first days as an annoying 16-year-old being flamed by revenge_of_dyhalto to my being made mod, then admin (one of the first brought up from within the forums). It's nice to be back again, and serving time as a member of staff, trying to help make sure things run smoothly and that Gamingforce is still a good experience for all non-idiots who come. It's been very fun getting to know the people who arrived after I left, and I can see that despite losing some well-loved members over the years, the community is still pretty strong.

I'm hoping we can be stronger, though. There used to be more activity, more fun, and less need for moderation. Staff doesn't like to flaunt its power and flex its muscles, but we've needed to more and more as people try to push the boundaries. It was never about boundaries before. It was about fun and conversation.

At any rate, I still love it here. And to commemorate that love, I give you back the Pancake-flipping Devil avatar (newly remastered without the annoying white outline).

Currently Playing: my cousin practicing violin

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 songbirds)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #31]

Feb 3, 2007 - 03:50 AM
The Producers: A Brief Review
wee~~
So I saw The Producers for the first time tonight. Fantastic movie. I really liked it. Highlights of the movie: dancing old women with walkers, the virgin milk maid and the well-hung stable boy, Springtime for Hitler, and anything with Will Farrell.

The singing was mostly really good (aside from a horribly flat note on the first held chord and a horribly flat note before the old women dancing scene). The casting and acting was really good. The comedic timing was stellar. The humor was sometimes a bit dirtier than it really needed to be, but overall I really enjoyed the movie.

In real life news, about 90% of the office is going to be going to Orlando for the International Builders' Show, and I get left behind to man the phones. Which isn't too bad, since I have school and stuff, plus any leads that come in are basically mine. And if I hit a certain sales goal for February, I get a free 42" plasma tv. And I think I can do it. Plus with the commission for that amount of sales, I'll probably pick up a PS3. Oh, incentives.

Currently Playing: The Producers outtakes

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 songbirds)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #30]

Feb 1, 2007 - 11:49 AM
Last Harry Potter Book: OMGOMGOMGOMG
Pardon me whilst I go into fanboy mode. Creating a thread just isn't enough when you're giddy for the release of a new book. ^_____^ I'll probably end up going to the midnight release (with my best friend) and reading it the next day or two, finishing up right quick.

Speaking of good books, I just finished Orson Scott Card's latest book, Empire, which is basically a possibly realistic view at impending civil war in the US. I loved it, and I don't typically like war-type books set in the near-future. Highly recommend it, though most people would want to wait until the paperback version comes out.

Currently Playing: My mom on the phone

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (18 songbirds)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #29]

Feb 1, 2007 - 03:31 AM
Gladys Knight - Before Me
tired
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8oa3j0

I've been a fan of Gladys Knight for a while now, and getting my hands on her latest album, Before Me, a collection of old favorites, was fantastic. It's a great cd. My favorite tracks are God Bless the Child, I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good), Someone to Watch Over Me, and Stormy Weather.

Also, I got a new cell phone today. Maybe I'll put up pictures sometime. It's the Motorola KRZR, and I like it muchly. Ordered a snap-on case and a MicroSD card so I can get more bang out of it. Hope it serves me well.

Currently Playing: Andrew Lloyd Webber - The Point of No Return

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 songbirds)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #28]

Jan 30, 2007 - 10:27 AM
Imported Naruto Fighting Game
Cousin got it. Good stuff. Luckily between my two cousins most of the writing can be deciphered, but it's too bad the American release isn't nearly as cool as the Japanese one. Yes, my cousin got both.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 songbirds)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #27]

Jan 19, 2007 - 02:03 AM
ITE I shanghai bobo's webspace =o (mp3s)
Music-y
I feel like sharing some songs I recorded a while back. They're not fantastic, but I'm in the mood, so I'm doing it while I'm bold enough to do it. None of them are in my more natural (more classical) style, but they're the ones that came out best way back when we recorded them.

Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: This is a recording of "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" originally performed by Ernie on Sesame Street. The vocals are one-take with minimal pitch editing and no retakes. We were trying out our nifty new piano soundfont, so the focus wasn't my voice. Hence there are some nasty breaks in there (especially in the beginning). I love the song, though.

Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: This is a song my cousin (the pianist, for those of you in the know) composed for a short film that has since won some awards in a few international film contests. It's the main (titular) theme, and was my first foray into that singing style. It's one of the few recordings of myself I can stand listening to. =D "Of Genies and Goldfish"

Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: This is the recording of the "Too Fat Polka" that got me fame back in the day. My cousin and I recorded it one Sunday night on a whim with a cheapo microphone back in 2002, I think, before I had any voice lessons. No pitch bending, no retakes, just straight through with both of us singing on one little mic. The instrumentation is just Band-in-a-box. We had a blast, and it's one of my favorite songs to this day. =D

Currently Playing: Yasunori Mitsuda/Joanne Hogg - Pain

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 songbirds)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #26]

Jan 17, 2007 - 12:23 AM
I need more friends
playful
I've realized that though I consider many persons on Gamingforce my friends, I don't really know very much about many of the people here, even if I 'converse' with them on a regular basis. I thusly want to know more about interesting people around here.

Who wants to be my friend? =D

PS so glad GFF is back up. i was going through withdrawls. addictions suck.

Currently Playing: Vampire Hunter Dan - Chrono Cross Reminiscence of Feelings OC Remix

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (69 songbirds)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #25]

Jan 14, 2007 - 02:27 AM
Vicky = Drex
random
Originally posted in the TOP SECRET MODERATOR ORGY FORUM about two weeks ago:
Quote:
Drex: In Styphy's defense (I am SO calling you that from now on)

Lord Styphon:I'd suggest it only if you want your name to be Vicky when Cartoon Week is over.
And here we are. =D Right quick, too. Props to Styphs.

Currently Playing: Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 songbirds)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #24]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Drex's Journal