Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Monkey King's Journal

Journal Banner
VeryOriginalSass: Man, you're going to end up dressing your bitch up as a squirrel, aren't you.

Monkey King's Journal Statistics
View Monkey King's profile
Entries 199 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 65336
Replies Monkey King has made 451 comments [view stats]
Comments 906 comments (4.55 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 24 props given to Monkey King [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Monkey King's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
May 1, 2008 - 03:47 PM
Who leaves boogers in the sink?
That is just gross. I thought we were all adults working here.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #179]

Apr 30, 2008 - 10:24 AM
I frustrate myself
I'm massively behind on my lab work for C++, and I had fully planned to do it all over the weekend and past two days. Well, here I am on Wednesday and I haven't done jack shit.

I just can't stand myself. I don't do the work I know I need to do on the weekends, I haven't been exercising like I needed to do, I haven't done anything except sit around and be lazy. I can't seem to make myself do anything of the things I have to do. It's plainly clear what needs to be done to better myself and I won't do it.

Which of course makes me the biggest damn hypocrite in the long, shameful history of hypocrites. I don't exactly make a secret of despising people who do everything but the work that's necessary to fix their problems, and look at me doing the same thing. The worst part is that I KNOW better, and I still can't motivate myself to quit being worthless, and I cannot figure out why.

I'm not changing my views, because it doesn't become okay just because I'm doing it too. And I know I keep falling back into this pit because it's hard to keep motivated when you hate yourself so much. I just can't see a compromise, not when I'm doing nothing to make it better.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #178]

Apr 28, 2008 - 07:35 PM
No, I am not going out and buying you cigarettes
Suddenly, at the drop of the hat, my dad wants a ride to the store to pick up cigarettes, because he's been having trouble finding the brand he likes.

He's legally blind, and can't drive himself, and I probably owe him for all those rides home from school and stuff. But he's asking me to go way out of my way to take him to pick up something that's giving him high blood pressure and cancer. I tolerate his insistence on dropping $10 on lottery tickets each week, but I draw the line at tobacco. That exceeds the definition of 'favor'.

He was not amused by my suggestion that he pick up some nicotine gum instead. Because, y'know, quitting smoking would actually be fucking work. And you can't do work. Otherwise the dog would be housebroken, and he wouldn't have to pick up the dog papers every night.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #177]

Apr 26, 2008 - 06:00 PM
New monitor get
19 inch widescreen Acer. My God this thing is huge. For reference, it's replacing an aging 14 inch Packard Bell monitor that, while faithful, can't be a day under 10 years old. It was showing early signs of picture tube failure, and since they're having a statewide No Sales Tax day, I figured this was as good a time as any.

Seriously, all I've ever owned before were teeny tiny little monitors. I feel like the King of England with this on my table. I have no idea where I'm going to stick my City of Heroes Heroclix, though. They can't exactly sit on top of the monitor anymore.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #176]

Apr 24, 2008 - 10:29 AM
I get health insurance, but...
So I'm looking over the benefits I can apply for, and I notice that the health insurance I can get has a deductible of $300. If I have to pay that much out of pocket, I'm wondering what's the point?

I don't have huge medical bills from having to get tested for all sorts of old people diseases, and any emergency bad enough to send me to the hospital, I'll probably be better off bleeding out. Any car wreck that bad will total my little 2000 Ford Focus, and that's pretty much game over.

The dental plan is pretty sweet, though. I'm definitely buying into that - these wisdom teeth are going to have to go sooner or later. Doesn't cover crowns unless there's no other way to fix the tooth, but oh well.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #175]

Apr 23, 2008 - 08:20 PM
Damn you Sobe
I actually liked Sobe Dragon, but apparently they've discontinued it. I cannot fathom why. It was their best selling brand and now it's gone. I hate all their other flavors, except for Courage which they don't sell down here for some reason. Why would they discontinue something that flies off the supermarket shelves?

It's a conspiracy to make me hate everything, that's what it is.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #174]

Apr 23, 2008 - 10:36 AM
Voicemail
Why have voicemail if you're not going to answer it?

No, seriously. Why have voicemail if you're the sort of person who can't be bothered to respond? Lady gives us an incomplete verification, then gets annoyed when we leave no less than seven messages before she coughs up a job title for the person. Seven messages for an important work-related question and she gets annoyed.

It's not just her, either. Some companies have whole departments of people who just can't be bothered to respond to specific job-related messages. How can so many people actually make it through life with the policy that if they ignore it, maybe it'll go away?

If somebody goes to the trouble of leaving a message, it's not for their health. They actually want a response, and it's downright rude to just decide you can't be bothered to respond. Especially when, y'know, answering those questions is your JOB.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #173]

Apr 22, 2008 - 11:16 AM
Now I'm all official and stuff
So I'm a full employee as of today. Tuesday and not Monday, meaning that I still have to turn in a time card to Spherion for one whole day.

The bad news: Paid time off doesn't start accuring until right now, and I can't use any of it for 90 days. The good news: I got in just in time to get the full 3 floating holidays that I can take pretty much whenever. So I can just use those to cover for May, and my boss'll let me take another unpaid day off to fill out the week.

Maybe NOW my dad will get off my case about health insurance. He's convinced that at any moment I'm going to abruptly need 20 different kinds of old people medication just like him, and I'll need insurance for it VERY SOON. Insurance or not I'll probably still prefer splinting my own broken leg to going to the hospital, but it'll be nice to have a dental plan.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #172]

Apr 20, 2008 - 12:03 AM
Yes, I saw Forbidden Kingdom
I'm sure everybody's been waiting for me to weigh in on the subject.

It was good. Not great, but I walked out of the theater feeling like I got what I paid for. The 'time-travelling white kid' angle was handled surprisingly well, and he earns his kung-fu without an unbelievable amount of instant mastery. They took some liberties with the Monkey King story, to put it charitably, but there's so many versions of it already that I don't think it matters.

My only big complaint, really, was that Jackie Chan showing up as a drunken master was an utter cock tease. There's very little actual drunken fighting, and most of it is conventional wire-fu. It's still pretty good stuff, but after seeing Chan star in two movies as a crazy-ass drunken master, I had some certain expectations, y'know?

A lot of the fights are fairly by-the-numbers, and I suppose that's Jet Li and Jackie Chan showing their age. It's not boring, just not much that's going to blow you out of your seat. At least there's a very long fight between the two of them that will probably be making its way around Youtube shortly. The filmmakers knew quite well people were going to be expecting a good fight between them, and they delivered.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #171]

Apr 15, 2008 - 10:32 AM
THERE'S that other shoe
I went in yesterday afternoon to clear up my next block of financial aid. I've got exactly 36 credit hours to go, which will have me graduating in December. I'll have a heap of student loans to deal with, but for about $100 a month I can avoid having to suck down a super high interest unsubsidized loan. Should be smooth sailing.

Except for the fact I'm about tank my Research Methods class.

It is a no go. They boned over our entire class by not giving us the computer lab we're supposed to have for the assignments, and I'm still not entirely sure how or when we were supposed to be turning in assignments. As of right now, five weeks in I'm pretty sure I've got a flat 0 for lack of turning in any assignments. The teacher's piss-poor direction is not helping any.

This is kind of a problem. Not only will blowing this class throw off my schedule, I quite literally cannot afford to retake this class. It's looking like I am going to come up 4 hours short, on a fucking general education class of all things, and wash out at the very end. It's not even something reasonable like flunking math.

I'm feeling surprisingly calm about it, though. Deep down I was probably expecting this from the beginning. Things were looking just too rosy to be sustainable. At least it wasn't my car. Yet.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #170]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Monkey King's Journal