Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
electric_eye's Journal

Journal Banner
"Double E's journal is inept at best" - electric_eye

electric_eye's Journal Statistics
View electric_eye's profile
Entries 41 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 6295
Replies electric_eye has made 79 comments [view stats]
Comments 102 comments (2.49 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 4 props given to electric_eye [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not electric_eye's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
May 16, 2007 - 01:12 PM
still gaming, despite examinations :(
So I finished South Park on the N64 the other day.

Spoiler:

I'm not sure if it was me or not, or the emu but seriously after the robot attempts to heal up the first time the collision detection seems to go off the wall, then I couldn't hit it with the sniper chicken. Luckily I had T & P to do the dirty.

I also completed the SMB: The Lost Levels on SMAS which probably goes down as my greatest gaming achievement. That probably makes you feel better doesn't it.

I got around to playing The Crow: City of Angels. I take it back when I say I'm happy to play anything. Take that clown face.

Watched my random VHS: The Legend of the Four Kings eps. 1 and 2, man I really liked the song in it, kinda reminds of Depeche Mode for some reason...

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #41]

May 11, 2007 - 07:55 PM
Gaming entry #402 or thereabouts
So my brother started to play Wild Arms 4 only to find it can't load past this part. Man, wish I played it earlier to discover this fault - I bought it at the end of January now I'll have to trade it in.

I traded in PaRappa the Rapper 2 - strangly the credit I got was the amount I had paid for it, so twas good.

Playing South Park on N64 emu, it's not too great and neither am I. Man I can't make sense of that damn radar.

Got around to playing Sonic Wings Special - ah, the memories.

So many SNES games now in Gamestation Looking into getting Cybernator, The Lost Vikings, Street Racer, Saturday Night Slam Master, the Hurricanes. The Pagemaster anyone?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #40]

Apr 13, 2007 - 08:33 PM
Some games I have played.
1. Anyone play much PaRappa the Rapper 2? (or the other NaNaOn-Sha games) I've been playing this a bit lately but the way it judges how well u r a rappin' seems to be 'off'. I'm surprised at what you can get away with and what you cannot.

2. Metal Gear on NES (emu) - I FEEL ASLEEP. Why do I have to equip the right card for the door? ARGH!!! UH-OH THE TRUCK HAVE STARTED TO MOVE. Had I not resorted to a guide I wouldn't have figured out where I was to contact Diane. I'm at the bit where the Big Boss wants to go into the truck on the right. I'm hoping I haven't missed something important.

Spoiler:

Is it possible to get through without the transceiver trick? Just read about it, I can't believe a hole in the floor is killing me just because from the view it 'touches' me argh.

3. Flipull is an exciting cube game! Quarth is a weird one...

4. Started playing Vagrant Story again, got stuck the first time. I find I am playing a high risk game - I can't wait for it to run down!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #39]

Mar 11, 2007 - 08:39 PM
Plok? Axelay?
Handed in my project on Friday which felt rather unfinished so that made me feel low so I took the week off from studying.

There's a chance that Plok! and Axelay (both SNES games) might still be around in the game stores tomorrow and I'm thinking of getting them. Played both for a couple of minutes and they seem alright, are they worth getting?

Lately I've been playing Turok: Evolution, am only on Chapter 3. It's been okay, I could care less about the graphics, they do their job, but the AI is suspect. I was disappointed with the lack of flexibility in the controls. The flying part doesn't seem too bad, kinda reminds of Star Wars: Roque Squadron, but I think it's better maybe. I've been using my Shadow the Hedgehog controller which am I loving.

I've developed a bad habit from over-using my broken PS2 pad. See, I was meant to get a Phillips screwdriver to open it and remove something inside that has broken which gets jammed regularly around the R2 button. So I would usually shake it and I always shake any controller because I am so used to it ARGH.

I realise I might not be able to play with Unreal Anthology because of my RSI (I try to not use a mouse too long ever) I can't believe I forgot about that. Might see if I can trade it in.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #38]

Mar 7, 2007 - 07:00 PM
Nes emu fun...
Fun on NEStopia.
For some reason I had been playing Ice Climber lately. I couldn't actually decide whether I was enjoying it or not, despite the horrendus jumping, shocking collision detection, tedious level design and annoying bouncing off walls. Perhaps my project work had sucked the soul away from me.

So I went about looking the NET for the worst NES games ever. I DL'd 'Fist of the North Star', 'Deadly Towers' and one or two others which I have yet to play. 'Fist of the North Star' I thought hmm, it's kinda like 'Karate Kid'. Except it's worse. At the second stage and onwards the looped music was like 5 seconds long and it became traumatic. Going up and down stairs was shocking and enemies just fly about the whole damn screen. Boss fights are easy should you have enough stars. Anyway, I've rated games like 'Ikari Warriors' and 'Ice Climbers' lowly I did not think there were games much more poor than those. I'm fortunate I don't think I've played too many awful games, although I do it to myself here. I was thinking maybe these games would be so bad it was funny but it's not.

Still not sure really.

Fist of the North Star 1/5
Ice Climber 2/5
Ikari Warriors 2/5

I finished FFX today. Some of the last hours were pretty poor. But a good game. 4/5.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #37]

Mar 4, 2007 - 11:00 PM
About 13 hours left...
Alright so on Friday I bought the Shadow the hedgehog controller and I ended up with Unreal Anthology which should be okay for price. The PS2 games were not worth paying more, but in HMV I notice another deal, if I spend over thirty I can get FFXII for twenty. Now I like Final Fantasy, but I don't know if it's worth paying that much for it, it's an opportunity to get Singstar rocks perhaps...

Friday night wasn't good. At work some guy phoned up after buying a meal and complained I lied to him that I charged him for gravy which I forget to add. I admit I completely forgot to write it down when taking his order but this guy insisted I overcharged him on someting I never marked down to price. I was all in my cat-caught-toungue (sp?) moment, he kinda took the opportunity to have a go at me but I was so annoyed that he accused me of lying.

That reminds me, long ago, some other guy was asking how come we don't do deliveries any more, me having another moment managed to put it down to basically, "the more you do, the more mistakes can happen", but this guy is like "it's not a problem, everyone makes mistakes" - that kinda stuff. So he orders a snack meal, asking for the food inside to be seperated in various bags and containers. Now you could think this meant it to be more likely for the food to get cold. It did, now I'm not so certain that might be the reason, but later that day, his wife phones up telling us the food is all cold, they're disappointed they won't be eating our food anymore. Never seen them again.

Anyways, Final Fantasy II I have been playing. The Emulation Thread has been handy, NEStopia is working wonders as some of those links. I'm useless at this game. I'm not sure if it's my appalling attention span or not, but I never seem to figure out what it is I am supposed to be headed. I'm at the bit just where the warship escapes and now I need to find this cave...

Also this weekend I got absolutely F' all done on my project. Just now there is about 13 hours left... it's four in the morning and I am here writing in my CJ damnit. Hopefully I won't pass out but I have one Hero Drink (read: V energy drink) better get back, better get back UGH.

Oh yeah, Danny Sullivans Indy Heat for NES. Super game. But I'm crap at it.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #36]

Mar 1, 2007 - 02:37 PM
I want the Shadow the Hedgehog controller part deux.
Black doesn't seem to be part of the deal, I must have been imagining things. Anyway the deal is not that good, there are games over £20 actually.The list as far as I can remember now:

Area 51*
Dynasty Warriors 5
Rampage: Total Destruction*
Ultimate Spiderman
Rugby 2005 or is 6?
Tomb Raider: Legend
Over the Hedge
Metal Slug 5*
Sonic Heroes*
Midway collection the 8 racing games one*
Sega Classics collection*
Hitman: Blood Money
some Shrek games...
R-Type Final*
Ant Bully
Pirates of Caribbean
Star Wars eps.III return of the sith*

The * indicates where it is same price, the ones I am likely to go for. There are a couple of PC games as well, an Unreal compiliation (4 games) caught my eye, but as you can see, the games list is a bit pants.

Anyway bought some pretty random PS games: Vampire Hunter D, ECW I forget the title, Die Hard Trilogy 2, Beyblade. How. random.

It's official. I've become a waster. I cannot be arsed with my degree and just want to play games.

P.S. I started playing FFII via an E. The [01][T-Eng1.02_Demiforce][a3] translation seems to be working fine for now...
(Dled from RH)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #35]

Feb 27, 2007 - 04:34 PM
More games. I want Shadow the Hedgehog controller!
Today I came across this Shadow the Hedgehog PS2 controller by NubyTech:

IGN review

I want it! I've always been on the Nintendo side of things but this controller looks cool. I haven't much luck with Sonys own.

For £20 it's the same as Sony's own, but there's an offer which means I can get another one or a game. My brother is not wanting one so I need to decide on a game.

To be honest the choice of games is limited and most seem average affair, off the top of my head, these include:

Area 41
Hitman: Blood Money
Tomb Raider: Legend
Black
some Shrek games...
a Spiderman game...
Sega Classics collection - would rather get this pre-owned for much less, shame this is not Mega Drive collection

well those are the ones I remember... I want that pad. Leaning towards Black and Area 51, but think of TR: legend because it might get me a better trade-in value. Already too many games I need to tackle...

Then I bought the Help! compilation for the PS. That's Broken Sword, Myst and Road Rash. I think I lost myself this afternoon. Then I got Metal Gear Solid, Mega Man Extreme and Alone in the Dark for Game Boy Color. sheeeesh.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #34]

Feb 19, 2007 - 08:08 AM
Boring games shopping entry.
Oh man I bought some games. *sigh* when will I get the chance to play them.

PRE-OWNED
WWF Wrestlemania 2000 (N64) - wanted to give this go, I thought WWF was shit and over-rated, seriously, there's not many bad reviews of Mercy.

Stunt Race FX (SNES)

R-Type DX (GB)

I couldn't help myself, maybe they should put the prices way up then that way I would not consider buying them.

REMINDER TO SELF: Stay away from games stores and get some studying done or die.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #33]

Jan 27, 2007 - 09:20 AM
Wild Arms 4 vs Suikoden 5?
So the other day I used my voucher, I didn't get a Singstar game but I bought:

*NEW*
Wild Arms 4 and Suikoden 5

That's my first Wild Arms game and fourth of Suikoden. Which do you reckon is better?

Also
*PRE-OWNED*
Space Invaders: Invasion Day
Metal Gear Solid 2 game...
Fantavision

I actually played the Space Invaders game, it's crap apart from the opening sequence. Not only is it unfaithful to the 'classic' (?) formula, but it seems an excuse to make a shooting game go left go right etc. There's not a lot of hiding, most of shooting is done in open and it's on the limit stuff. No point in dodging really, with infinite continues die, use powerbomb repeat until complete.

I regret I didn't play using Ashley (she of big chest and even bigger ambition to destroy the aliens after a shower scene of course) because I can't put myself through that again. Maybe on 2 players maybe...

My brother has been playing Suikoden Tactics, looks decent, better than IV but that's not saying much is it. Anyway I just wish I had time to play, playing FFX at the moment just past the Thunder Plains, am I even half way through this game?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #32]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
electric_eye's Journal