Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Zergrinch's Journal

Zergrinch's Journal Statistics
View Zergrinch's profile
Entries 32 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 1 entries are private (3.13% of total)
Views 16847
Replies Zergrinch has made 260 comments [view stats]
Comments 213 comments (6.66 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 13 props given to Zergrinch [who be proppin?]
Buddies 20 buddies
Relation You are not Zergrinch's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Apr 1, 2010 - 12:09 AM
Final Fantasy VII Announced for the DS
Source: http://www.cubed3.com/news/13916

Following years of speculation about a remake, Square Enix has now finally confirmed a DS port of the much-loved seventh iteration of the multi-million selling Final Fantasy role-playing series. After recent comments from Motomu Toriyama, Director of Final Fantasy XIII, about how the entry he would most like to see remade is Final Fantasy VII, the game fans have been eagerly awaiting has at last been confirmed, with early images released by popular Japanese website, Famitsu.

The game is set for release in Japan on 11th November, 2010, with a tentative Christmas launch for the rest of the world.

Awesome!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 ejaculates)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #21]

Mar 15, 2010 - 04:56 AM
This is just a test

┌─┬─┬─┬─┬─┬─┬─┐
│T│H│I│S│ │I│S│
╞═╪═╪═╪═╪═╪═╪═╡
│A│ │T│E│S│T│!│
└─┴─┴─┴─┴─┴─┴─┘

┌─┬─┬─┬─┬─┬─┬─┐
│N│O│T│H│I│N│G│
╞═╪═╪═╪═╪═╪═╪═╡
│T│O│ │S│E│E│.│
└─┴─┴─┴─┴─┴─┴─┘

┌─┬─┬─┬─┬─┬─┐
│P│L│E│A│S│E│
╞═╪═╪═╪═╪═╪═╡
│I│G│N│O│R│E│
└─┴─┴─┴─┴─┴─┘

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 ejaculates)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #20]

Mar 7, 2010 - 09:32 AM
So, um... How big is the East Coast?
So, Travel Agent is pitching this itinerary:

Day 1: Arrival at New York City
Day 2: New York City Tour, Philadelphia
Day 3: Philadelphia to Washington DC
Day 4: Washington DC to Niagara Falls
Day 5: Niagara Falls to Toronto
Day 6: Toronto to Thousand Island to Ottawa to Montreal
Day 7: Montreal to Quebec to Boston
Day 8: Boston to New York

Is this itinerary doable? Enjoyable? I've no idea about scale, so I honestly can't determine whether this will be a hectic rush of plane trips, or a leisurely bus drive from State to State...

P.S.: I'm always happy to take recommendations on where to go. My preference is for cities rather than nature

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (26 ejaculates)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #19]

Feb 25, 2010 - 12:45 AM
Educate me on Prepaid Mobile Broadband options in North America
My folks are planning a family vacation in the United States and Canada in the near future. As I am quite addicted to the Internet, I fully intend to bring my laptop along.

But of course I'm also a cheapskate. I know I'd be able to have internet access from the hotel, but usually these things are way overpriced. Ditto with accessing it from a mobile phone. The roaming charges would probably cost an arm and a leg.

So... I understand that there are services out there where you buy a USB modem, which connects to a 3G network using a prepaid SIM card. The service is available in my country (Philippines), but I'm not so sure about North America.

So then, what are my options when it comes to mobile broadband stateside? Who's got the best plan? Since I'm only visiting, I'm looking for a mobile option, preferably reloadable with prepaid cards.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (18 ejaculates)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #18]

Dec 23, 2009 - 11:23 PM
Webhost account got haxxed :(
Man, all I had was a simple counter script. Just a very simple script that uses flat text files and outputs a number. And increments it every time it's called.

Simple. But nooo... Somehow people managed to get a Paypal phishing site into the folder, on my domain.

Ugh.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 ejaculates)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #17]

Dec 7, 2009 - 01:16 AM
300 Gigs around the World; Or, What Should I Do with a Hard Disk?

I hold in my hands a portable 2.5" hard disk chock full of Chuuka Ichiban DVD ISOs, which my friend in Japan was kind enough to rent and decrypt for me. We agreed that sending burnt DVDs is much too risky, given the emphasis on copyrights these days. I am now one step closer to providing true DVD-quality releases of my fansub project. Yay!

But that's not the point of this entry.

I now have an entirely superfluous made-in-China Buffalo 2.5" 320GB external hard disk, which I probably will not use at all in the future (since I already have two 500GB Seagate Freeagent Drives in my possession). Plus, I can't capitalize on the warranty, seeing as how the hard disk was bought in Japan.

So, what shall I do with it?

First thing that comes to mind is, why not attempt another one of those "mail stuff around the world" type of projects! Except with a hard disk instead of stack of DVDs, which can attract a ton of suspicion at customs offices around the world. Plus each recipient can add on their own stuff, send it on. Because hard disks are more valuable than used DVDs, there is of course a more substantial "free rider" effect in operation, and thus any such project will necessitate very discriminating vetting.

There are hitches, as there always are with my plans. Two particular ones, in fact.

First, what on Earth do you think we can put on a 320GB hard disk, which the recipients are interested in getting?

Second, how on Earth do we guarantee the device will reach the final recipient on the list still fully-functional? Sure, my friend packed it with oodles of bubble wrap, and it survived the trip from Tokyo to Singapore. But, in a chain of, say, twelve or more recipients, who's to say who's been a tad too stingy on the packing materials, and thus busted hard disk?

Perusing all my past journal entries will show a tendency for me to propose some project or activity, only to never follow through on it because of either lukewarm feedback, or insights left by commentators highlighted the infeasibility of such an endeavor.

Thus, I leave it upon you, dear reader. Do you think this project is sound? What are the possible pitfalls you think might happen here? What kind of stuff do you think we can cram on 320 gigs?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 ejaculates)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #16]

Oct 16, 2009 - 11:56 AM
TV Themes Contest - Are You Folks Still Interested?
Because... I'm prepared to step up and run the first couple of rounds. And I'd like to know if there's still interest, or if it's just a waste of time...

In a nutshell, I'm proposing for an abbreviated contest by throwing together 4 pieces against each other per round. This should halve the number of rounds needed, from 8 to 4 to decide a winner. So, Round 1 will have 64 matchups, Round 2 will have 16, Round 3 will have 4, and Round 4 decides the champion. Proposed brackets can be viewed here.

There are three things I can use some help with:
  1. I'm using an Excel spreadsheet to organize, and could use some help in populating the relevant information.
  2. I'm inclined to dump all 64 voting threads in one subforum, instead of having to hunt down through four brackets. Shin has commented that this will reduce participation. What say you?
  3. Who's the mod to approach for creating the relevant subforums / hidden voting threads?
Feedback appreciated. Be it here or in the official feedback thread.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 ejaculates)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #15]

Oct 9, 2009 - 04:38 AM
Nobel Peace Prize. What Exactly Did He Do To Deserve It?
President Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples," the Norwegian Nobel Committee said, citing his outreach to the Muslim world and attempts to curb nuclear proliferation.

Uh huh.

"Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future," the committee said. "His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population."

Lol, what? I know we're all supposed to love him and revere him as the messiah and all, but what has he actually done to deserve it? Making a few speeches?

"Obama has as president created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play," the committee said.

So he got it because he isn't Bush. Amirite?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (13 ejaculates)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #14]

Sep 2, 2009 - 07:42 AM
The Gamingforce Christmas Choir! Feasible or not?
The 'ber months is upon us, and it heralds the start of the festive season for my countrymen. Of course, i'm sure the majority of you guys would consider the Thanksgiving Weekend as the jump-off point for Christmas.

We've had Christmas carolings before. So, I was thinking, how's about we form a choir instead? We're not going to meet up or anything (although I won't stop you guys from doing so!). What we do is mix together a whole bunch of recordings of people singing the same song in the same key at the same speed, and see if we come up with anything interesting.

For it to be a real choir, some of you will have to sing bass, and some will settle for baritone or tenor. Depends on your vocal range, of course. If we don't have a lot of female participants, then I suppose we can girlify some of your voices to fit alto or soprano!

Crazy idea aside, I noticed that the most recent GFF Karaoke event only has one submission thus far, and something like this will certainly fall flat if we don't get a whole lot of people all festive and stuff.

So, here's my question. Those of you who have ran similar events in the past - how feasible is this? Is something like this possible at all, or am I overlooking something that will turn it into purely shits and giggles? For example, will my focus on Christmas rankle any feathers?

Comments needed!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 ejaculates)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #13]

Jun 13, 2009 - 06:45 PM
Someone's been leeching my bandwidth...
Which actually isn't really a problem, since:
  1. I have an unlimited plan
  2. His site doesn't really have that much traffic
  3. He's leeching a small image only
So, the dude at http://amazingspidermanreview.blogsp...r-man-592.html isn't doing me any harm. He's only leeching my sig image, after all.

But, I still wanna have some fun.

I'm taking suggestions on what horrible or funny (preferably both) pictures I can replace it with. The more NSFW, the better!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 ejaculates)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #12]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Zergrinch's Journal