Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Angel of Light's Journal

Angel of Light's Journal Statistics
View Angel of Light's profile
Entries 83 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 38906
Replies Angel of Light has made 363 comments [view stats]
Comments 271 comments (3.27 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 115 props given to Angel of Light [who be proppin?]
Buddies 19 buddies
Relation You are not Angel of Light's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
May 13, 2008 - 08:33 PM
New Job Site = Potential Opportunity
With the end of my four day break, I'm officially on a brand new worksite and already I'm starting to have a headache; not nescessarily from the work but just from the noise. Even double hearing protection can't protect me from harsh metal on metal contact.

As stressed as this job might be it does come with one very big perk. If I decide that I want to stay full time with this project until the actual job is done I may have a great opportunity to get home more often. I'll literally have to sacrifice my social life, but it doesn't really matter it is not as if I had much of a life up here to begin with.

My schedule will change from 10 days of working to four days off, to 6 days of working with one day off for five weeks straight. After the 5 weeks are over the company will fly me home no expenses on my part for 8 days. At least that way I'll be able to get home every 5 weeks instead of every three months even though I won't be able to stay home as long. I'm probably going to accept this offer but not until august.

I have my wedding in July with 5 weeks of paid vacation booked during that time. If I take the work schedule from this job site, I lose out on that summer holiday. So here is to hoping this eases up my misery a little bit while I'm working up here.

I want to thank everybody for your kind words concerning my last journal post. My borther is just about fully recovered, so I'm hoping he has had more than enough of his share of being involved in a bar fight.

I had a pretty good weekend. I ended up watching a lot of movies and the survivor finale.

These were the movies (which I never seen before) I ended up watching over the weekend:
1.) Collateral (Pretty Good, Immensely Enjoyed It)
2.) Cradle To The Grave (Your typical tasteless martial arts film, but it was great to mark dacascos in a bad guy role, since I seen him in a lot of B-Movies as a hero of some sort. )
3.) Donnie Darko (I absolutely loved the film score for this movie, it kind of had me lost at a few moments but I still enjoyed it)
4.) Black Hawk Down (Enjoyable movie, but its probably not very accurate)
5.) Blade Runner - Directors Cut (I feel bad I missed out watching this film earlier in life. It was alright, I really liked Rutger Hauer character in the film.)
6.) The Brothers Grimm (Painful to watch, wasn't even remotely impressed with it.)

I got a few games finished over the four day break as well. I finished Metal Gear Solid 3 over the weekend. Is it just me or are the metal gear games getting easier. I always have a tendency to stay with normal mode when it comes to playing any game with a difficulty setting. I just remember dying more times in the original metal gear solid. The only frustrating thing about it was the battle with the sorrow. I'm sorry but how in the fuck was I suppose to know that I could access the item menu during the game over screen. I only found out by checking gamefaqs. I knew beating that fight had something to do with the revival pill but I just didn't know when to use it.

I also got Lifesigns for the DS finished as well, I'm just trying to work on every ending at the current moment.

Anyway, take care everybody have a great week.

Currently Playing: dj TAKA - Pandora

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

May 8, 2008 - 09:30 PM
Not A Good Week, But Slowly Improving
At least I got 4 days off starting tonight, then its back to work on Tuesday for a brand new project. I get to sit on my ass while looking at 80 to 120 foot steel piles being driven into the ground by a gigantic hydraulic or diesel generated pile driver. Good thing I got double hearing protection or else I'll go deaf, YEAH!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, it truly hasn't been a good week. I kind of got some devastating news monday night. My younger brother got viciously beaten up by two guys on saturday night when he was out to the bar no more than just a two minute walk from his house. He actually got beaten up pretty badly. I guess the initial thing that upsetted me is that my parents found out shortly after it happened, while I never found out until two days afterwards.

It broke my heart, he is my little brother, and you know he could of been killed. He got some serious facial injuries and he still can't see out of one his eyes. He told me the doctor said he was actually pretty close to losing his sight completely in that eye. He is on like 10 different kinds of medication, but he'll pull through. That I'm truly grateful for.

I guess what really started all this, is that he was just talking to some girl at the bar. Her boyfriend took offence to that, him and his friend tried to start a fight with my younger brother, but all of his friends came to his aid. Those guys ended up leaving. My younger brother, left a few hours later and thats where he got jumped. I guess if he was smart. Some of his friends should of went home with him.

My younger brother is definetely out for revenge and he feels pretty optimistic, he can find out who those guys were. I personally wouldn't want him to go that route in terms of revenge because something worse could happen that would probably get him arrested.

I guess what really angers me is the fact those two guys will probably get away with it since their were no witnesses when the incident happened. To them it'll probably be a good joke or story they'll tell their buddies of how they felt they were tough guys for attacking a guy 2 on 1 from behind.

Other than that he is doing good. He has just been relaixing over the last few days allowing his ribs and face to recover. He should be ready to go back to work in about another week.

Other than that, on my part, thats what has been on my mind lately. I got four days to relax, I'll probably go out to see speed racer tomorrow even though I get this very bad feeling it isn't even worth the money I'm going to spend on it tomorrow.

If anybody takes the time out of their day to read this journal. I would like to ask people of the GFF community to recommend some movies for me to watch over the next 4 days. Not nescessarily your favourite movies of all time. Just movies you think an average movie watcher should definetely watch.

Currently Playing: Outphase - Sync

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

May 4, 2008 - 12:26 AM
My First Journal Entry
After being a part of this site for 2 years I finally decided to start my journal. I've usually written up journals on another forum site, but I've kind of ignored that one lately because of all the immaturity that goes around. Its kind of making that site less and less appealing to me.

I guess for my first journal entry I really don't know what to say. I'm still working as a environmental field inspector in Northern Alberta. I was home for 8 days in the middle of April to see my fiance and get some final preparations completed for my wedding in July. It was a well deserved break. It was definetely enough time to get my batteries recharged enough to work another 3 month stint up here, but I still wish my holidays was a little bit longer.

The big things left for me to do in terms of my responsibility is to prepare a song list for the wedding dj since it is one of our friends that will be doing the music for the dance and this will be the first wedding he is going to play for. My wedding ring is already paid for and we have everything set up with the justice of the peace.

I finally got at least three days off for myself at work, but I probably won't be doing too much. My project is currently in limbo at the moment due to potential safety concerns since we're working in a confined space, but the client is telling us it is not a confined space; even though we all know it is. I'm designated to start work on tuesday but the project might not start until thursday. Hopefully this shitstorm between the contractor and the client will be resolved so we all can get back to work. More than likely I'll be killing time just training some of the newer people hired if that project doesn't start up until thursday.

I'm currently plaing through Metal Gear Solid 3 and Valkyrie Profile 2. The 4th floor of the seraphic gate is still raping my soul like you wouldn't believe. Just imagine, I got to finish that extra dungeon 10 times before I get the sword angel slayer, and I still trying to finish my first run of this extra dungeon.

Anyway, thats about it on my side of the spectrum. Take care Guys & Gals, have a great weekend.

Currently Playing: SigSig - Kors K

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Angel of Light's Journal