Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Acro-nym's Journal

Acro-nym's Journal Statistics
View Acro-nym's profile
Entries 215 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 2 entries are private (0.93% of total)
Views 62456
Replies Acro-nym has made 720 comments [view stats]
Comments 751 comments (3.49 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 37 props given to Acro-nym [who be proppin?]
Buddies 13 buddies
Relation You are not Acro-nym's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Oct 22, 2007 - 05:35 PM
CAPS LOCK DAY
I RARELY USE THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON, INSTEAD PREFERRING TO USE THE SHIFT KEY. HOWEVER, THERE ARE TIMES SUCH AS WHEN TYPING INTERNET USERNAMES OR THE VARIOUS ACRONYMS (MAINLY COMIC BOOK-RELATED) THAT I DO TYPE REGULARLY.

SO, HERE HERE, CAPS LOCK, FOR HELPING ME SAVE TIME IN THOSE PESKY SITUATIONS.

(AND TODAY HASN'T BEEN THAT BAD, EITHER.)

Currently Playing: WITH CAPS LOCK!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #193]

Oct 21, 2007 - 10:39 AM
The Funny Daniel Tosh
It's just something I watched last night.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #192]

Oct 20, 2007 - 12:50 PM
Commenting on Months-Old Drama
I normally don't get involved in GFF-related drama. I really try not to. But I recently was brought up to speed on something that happened over the summer, while I wasn't visiting here.

Yes, this regards Yama. I don't know where things truly began, but I suspect it was soon after his banning. Whatever the case may be, the fallout was, well, terribly handled.

I can't support either side of the argument that was because neither side acted with civility. Yama becomes bitter, but no one save Miyomi will tell it to him directly. They complained to Miyomi (and maybe each other, but I don't have that part), who then told Yama about such complaints. Then, acting like some kind of therapist, wouldn't tell Yama who was complaining so that he could confront them directly. It was simply "you know who your friends are, so contact them to see if they have problems with you." Which may or may not have solved anything, given their lack of desire for direct confrontation earlier.

Yama, on the other hand, kept pressing for information. The whos, the hows, the whys, to the point where he became a nuisance to all involved, making others become frustrated or perhaps more frustrated with him. It escalated to where many wanted nothing to do with him. And then they gave him the silent treatment.

The whole thing carried over here for months. It still comes up every now and again (like earlier with Dark Nation). I'm not sure why. I can see complaining about events here. Expressing frustrations in life is something journals are good for. Yet, to do so and do nothing else to alleviate that stress doesn't accomplish anything but get you attention.

So, there's one side with people complaining, going silent, and the complaining where other side might or might not see and then there's the other side with a person pressing and pushing for various things and just generally annoying everyone on the first side.

I just can't support either side. I can't. The whole thing just seems childish.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #191]

Oct 16, 2007 - 03:47 PM
Global Warming Theory?
I don't know why I think of some of the things I do, but recently I had the thought that airplanes may be a high contributor to the current global warming problem. Now, I'll admit that I'm ignorant of how an airplane works. I don't know if it emits the same or similar kinds of emissions as grounded vehicles. It seems to me, though, that if they do, the quantity they exert/have exerted and the high altitude would probably contribute more to the current problem than things such as cars. And if this is so, why is no one pushing to change the composition of jet fuel?

Maybe some knowledgeable help would, uh, help.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #190]

Oct 8, 2007 - 11:04 AM
Reporting Back
I told Rockgamer that I'd watch Chuck and I have.

The first episode was a little bit over the top. One computer with all the information? People surviving devastating car wrecks without a scratch? And the ending was predictable once it was revealed that a laptop was being used. It wasn't bad, but it could've been much better.

The second episode is that "much better". There was a lot of speculation that lead to a cool twist and then a bit of showing (perhaps unrealistically) an application for video game knowledge. All the while Chuck remains the reluctant hero in a world of espionage, explosions, and trust issues.

It's an enjoyable action show with comedic elements. Or maybe a fun comedy with action sequences. It doesn't matter, just think 40 Year Old Virgin meets Jack Ryan. The first two episodes were enough to keep me watching.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #189]

Oct 6, 2007 - 08:07 PM
Pushing Daisies
Pushing Daisies is a new show on ABC that comes on Wednesdays at 8 PM Eastern time. I checked out the premiere episode this week and I must I was impressed. It's like a fairy tale or a legend told in Big Fish. There are vibrant colors, odd characters, over-the-top sequences, and an amusing premise. It's a quirky breath of fresh air amidst all the other stuff on TV. I'm going to be checking this thing out every week.

On a side note, since I'm discussing TV, I was disappointed in Doctor Who. It wasn't as bad as it could've been, at least.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Pearl

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #188]

Sep 30, 2007 - 07:42 PM
People Can't Be Melancholy Anymore
It seems to me that more and more people are distancing themselves from people who are melancholy. No matter how rare these people enter that state, no matter to what degree, they are considered "emo". It may not be widespread yet. Some still use that word to describe depressed people or people who follow a certain style of music or fashion. But I have seen an increasing use of people referring to gloomy people as "emo". It bothers me. Such a state is natural. For some people, it doesn't last long. They pick themselves up and move forward.

I'm sure there are a bunch of others problems therein, but that one is the first that comes to mind.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #187]

Sep 28, 2007 - 09:30 PM
TV in Review
Now that I'm done watching everything I'm going to watch for this season-opening week, here are my thoughts:

Monday:
Prison Break--It started last week, so it's a step ahead of everyone else. But I am finding myself liking this season. I like the setting, the new characters, the interaction between the old characters, new roles, etc. It just has lots of intrigue and mystique in it. This week, I especially liked the developments with Sucre and Michael finally going to work.

Heroes--I didn't watch this last season. My dad was watching a marathon of it one day and I watched a few episodes. I didn't like where the plot was going, so I didn't follow it up later. But since I liked the second season of Doctor Who much better than the first, I thought I'd give Heroes a shot this time around. I felt a bit lost. Why is that one symbol popping up everywhere? It doesn't seem possible for that to be so wide-reaching. Undoubtedly, the many different plots will all converge later and light bulbs will turn on for everyone watching. I'm not sure I'll be around that long. I found this episode largely uninteresting. I liked Hiro's journey, but I can see where it's headed. I have a few complaints here or there specific to the episode itself, but this part is long enough so I'll just say that I engaged by Matt's story the most.

CSI: Miami--Jack Bauer's nephew is Horatio's son? And the Camden kid is a killer? Interesting. But I digress. I didn't like this episode. The inclusion of Ryan seemed unnecessary, there was no clear explanation for how the killer got the gun he used, and the son plot just seemed a bit odd to me, though I'm still not sure why. Also, that lab has gotten some serious upgrades over the summer. Given how much heat they took with that hole mole incident, I'm surprised they'd get that kind of funding. But I digress again. Yet again this show disappointed. I'm going to give it one more chance and then I'm out for good.

Tuesday:
Boston Legal--Ah, what a great season opener. It was funny, dramatic, and did a great job of introducing the new characters. I don't know what happened to get rid of the four characters that did go, but I like those that replaced them. It's an interesting dynamic. It was a half-hour longer and worth every second (not including commercials). I missed this show.

Wednesday:
Bionic Woman--Here's another science fiction show I thought I'd give a shot. It wasn't quite terrible, but it was close. They jam-packed three episodes into one, giving limited time for me to get to know the characters or for the characters themselves to grow properly. I don't know if the acting itself was bad, but it seemed so. It might have been a result of the rushed story. There were a couple of good points, but this thing just wasn't compelling enough to bring me back. I'm sticking to MythBusters (which is in the same time slot).

CSI: NY--Overall, this episode was good. Like in Miami, a method of killing isn't fully explained. Also, the killer's demeanor didn't seem to match up with his actions and his motive was somewhat flimsy. I liked the lab hands outdoing each other (though I would prefer no more inner-office relationships). I like the Mac subplot. I really liked the Cluemaster bit. So, it was better than Miami, but still not great.

Thursday:
CSI--With Survivor not having Exile Island this season, I'm down to just CSI. There really isn't much to say here. No crime was solved, though a murder was prevented, but I liked how everything was handled.

Friday:
Doctor Who--And that brings me to today with Doctor Who. I'm very troubled by it. I liked it all the way up until The Master rapidly aged The Doctor (through a process that wasn't quite clear, but it's Time Lord science so I'll let it go). It was at that point that it looked no one was going to stop The Master and his plan would go forth unchallenged. Which it did. And really, his plan is just the Dalek's plan from last year magnified to a worldwide scale. Even those mysterious aliens working for him are like Daleks. They kill people with one shot. They fly through the air in swarms. The animation of them raining down from the sky reminds me a lot of Dalek visuals from last year. It's almost as if the writers realized they couldn't use Daleks and just substituted them with something similar. That's clearly not the case as the plot as a whole wouldn't support it. That doesn't mean there's not some truth there, though. I'm only hoping the way out of this doesn't lead to paradoxical time travel.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #186]

Sep 25, 2007 - 12:37 PM
Dwindling Appeal
I left GFF, for the most part, over the summer. Since returning, I feel like there's nothing to do. Sure, I got wrapped up in the Arcade and Scrabble and am currently involved in Werewolf, but that's all games. I lack discussion.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #185]

Sep 14, 2007 - 08:38 AM
The News
In a recent debate that started out discussing a Bill Mahr video, I ended up arguing with someone about the news. Currently, it's my impression that he didn't have specific problem with me, but was using my mentality as an example of why society as a whole is going down the hole. I didn't see this at the time and, for the most part, don't see it until his last comment. Nevertheless, I get the impression that that was his intent.

That said, it did make me think about my view of the news. I've modified it in one aspect. As great as it would be a for the newspaper and evening news to appeal to anyone watching, it just seems impossible. However, if they could do stories that just grab one person, they're doing good. I don't know if anyone wants to know about closed police cases (especially the more depressing ones). I don't know if any local viewers care about an unnatural problem in California. It seems to me that, in order to truly determine what I want from the news, I'd need to do a study. It's not just that the news is depressing or focuses mainly on the bads of the world, it's also that the news, as far as I can tell, generally isn't useful or entertaining. And in order to determine what is needed for it to be either or both of those things, I'd need other opinions.

Not that any news station would listen to me.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #184]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Acro-nym's Journal