Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Acro-nym's Journal

Acro-nym's Journal Statistics
View Acro-nym's profile
Entries 215 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 2 entries are private (0.93% of total)
Views 62458
Replies Acro-nym has made 720 comments [view stats]
Comments 751 comments (3.49 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 37 props given to Acro-nym [who be proppin?]
Buddies 13 buddies
Relation You are not Acro-nym's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Dec 11, 2006 - 10:44 AM
Tombstone Spreads to the Arcade
The pilot realized the power of the pizza:

Pac-Man and the ghosts discover a new level:

A new power-up enters the game:

Even more points:

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #113]

Dec 9, 2006 - 04:56 PM
Galagon is Glitchy
In order for you to better understand what I'm about to talk about, you may want to watch this video. I started recording shortly after the glitch occurred.

While being relegated to the Island, I decided to kill time by attempting to reclaim the high score in Galagon. After a few failures, I finally had a pretty good stride going. And then the glitch hit. This has happened before and it's almost always occurred while I'm doing well. The glitch is simply that sometimes when a Galaga (assuming that that's what they are called) has just gone from stationary to flight and I shoot it, it freezes. This glitch also seems to occur when the Galaga is about to go off screen and I shoot it.

This, mixed with the random disappearing shots and the pre-designed difficulty, makes Galagon frustrating to play sometimes. I will reclaim my high score sometime, but I'm a little too annoyed to do so this weekend.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #112]

Dec 8, 2006 - 10:19 AM
Greg Land Part 2
For the original entry, read http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/jo...&entryid=15160

Some people say his realistic art makes the stories look stale. This can lead to people saying that it's poor storytelling. Although some of the blame can be placed on Land (it is somewhat difficult to make pose shots flow into a story), I think the writers are also at fault.

There was a time when writers and artists would collaborate on projects. The writer would create the plot and dialogue. Sometimes the artist might make a few suggestions based on what would be more appealing to a reader visually. I assume this also means that the writer would check the artist's work in order to ensure that it conveyed what he wanted.

I'm not saying modern writers are lazy. I'm not saying they don't collaborate. But both of Land's recent stories (Ultimate FF and Ultimate Power) are receiving a lot of criticism. And both are written by men with more than one title for which to write. It makes sense for them to not work with Land as much as they might do otherwise. But such a lack of collaboration may be part of the blame. Land may just be getting stories to draw while having little input or receiving input from the writer.

The blame could be his entirely. Since I can't possibly know the process for how these comics were made, I can only speculate. I just wish others wouldn't so readily codemn him.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #111]

Dec 7, 2006 - 11:24 PM
Ask Me Random Questions!
Since I'm bored and the opinion entry cured that, I'll try a repeat. This time, however, don't feel limited to opinion questions. Quiz me on things. Ask stuff that doesn't make sense. Whatever! Just give me something to do...

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (25 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #110]

Dec 7, 2006 - 06:41 AM
Lack of Sleep
{yawns}
Yesterday I had an exam at eight in the morning. Today I have an exam at eight in the morning. Both times I've gotten less than six hours of sleep. This may not seem like much to some (I know some people can get by with only three hours of sleep), but it's taking its toll. Unfortunately, I won't even be able to sleep after the exam because, shortly thereafter, I have another one. An Introduction to Narrative exam followed by a Quantum Physics, amongst other things, exam. Ugh.

On a lighter note, I'm trying to think of a way to improve water fountains so that drinkers get more than just half the water as it comes out.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #109]

Dec 6, 2006 - 01:28 PM
Greatest Journal Entry Ever!
A) Complain. Bitch and moan about things that are irrelevant to my daily life simply to entertain others. Include swearing and name-calling. Poke fun at politicians, other members, movies, consoles, and various other things. People will eat it up, but probably complain right back.

B) Be wildly sarcastic. Include pictures to support the point. Make fun of games, reactions, current events, and anything thing else that adds to the hilarity. Let madness spew like Skippy Squirrel. People will eat it up and have a good time.

C) Insert images. They don't have to be funny. They can be cute, artistic, quaint, or generally likable. But the funny ones work best. People appreciate images, especially ones they can relate to.

D) Discuss popularity either via props, the awards, comments, or any other aspect of GFF that displays people's interest in each other. Try to target journal trends. People will enjoy reading something that seems so obvious.

E) Be different.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #108]

Dec 5, 2006 - 07:22 PM
Exam Problem
So, for most of the day, I've been relaxing, trying to keep my mind off the fact that I have to study sometime tonight. I finally get around to checking when my math exam is going to be tomorrow when, to my surprise, it's at the exact same time as my Roman Civ exam! I have sent an e-mail to the instructor, but I doubt she'll be able to check it tonight. Needless to say, I'm concerned.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #107]

Dec 4, 2006 - 09:05 PM
New PM Window
That was very strange. I just received a PM from Vivi and instead of the usual "You have a new message. Would you like to open it in a new window?" or whatever it used to say, I get this preview of the message.

I'm not complaining. I was just flustered and confused at its presence.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #106]

Dec 3, 2006 - 07:46 PM
"Do You Hear What I Hear?" commentary and other thoughts
Do you hear what I hear?
Do you hear what I hear?

You didn't give me time to answer the first time!

Said the night wind to the little lamb,
How is the night wind different from the day wind? And is the lamb young or just smaller than other lambs?

Do you see what I see
Certainly not as you see it.

Way up in the sky, little lamb,
Fine. Strain the poor lamb's neck muscles. Interrupt its grazing.

Do you see what I see
Why don't you describe it?

A star, a star, dancing in the night
With a tail as big as a kite
With a tail as big as a kite

Does the star have a partner? And kites come in different sizes...

Said the little lamb to the shepherd boy,
A talking lamb? I imagine the boy doesn't care what you say, lamb.

Do you hear what I hear
He's probably heard it by now if it's been continuous like this. No need to describe it, right?

Ringing through the sky, shepherd boy,
Is there a ringing, or are you using metaphor, wind? What makes you so smart?

Do you hear what I hear?
At least he know what to listen for.

A song, a song, high above the trees
With a voice as big as the sea
With a voice as big as the sea

Is the song as high as the star? Which sea?

Said the shepherd boy to the mighty king,
How does a shepherd know a king?

Do you know what I know
Typical. Passing off someone else's intelligence as your own.

In your palace warm, mighty king,
Something's in the palace? I don't remember that being said...

Do you know what I know
Come out and say it, son!

A Child, a child shivers in the cold
Let us bring him silver and gold
Let us bring him silver and gold

How do you know that? The lamb didn't tell you. And what's a child going to do with silver and gold, boy? What not get him something he can actually use?

Said the king to the people everywhere,
How does one man contact everybody? Megaphone?

Listen to what I say!
A demanding king, I get it. Who made you the boss of everybody?

Pray for peace, people, everywhere!
What kind of peace? And is this only because you couldn't live up to that promise you made at the start of your reign?

Listen to what I say!
Are you going to say something more?

The Child, the Child, sleeping in the night
He will bring us goodness and light
He will bring us goodness and light

All of this singing might wake him. Then, instead of goodness and light, you'll receiving crying and insomnia. And if he's supposed to bring goodness and light, why do people need to pray for peace, silly king?

Other Thoughts:
I feel bad for people in the Southern Hemisphere. All those winter-related Christmas songs and they have summer. Why are there so many winter-related Christmas songs? Were they all written in northern regions? Here, there's rarely snow. Why can't Frosty or Winter Wonderland or Let it Snow be played in, say, February?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #105]

Nov 28, 2006 - 08:10 PM
Fun With Usernames
Acerbandit - a corrupt dealer that prevents poker players from getting aces
AliceNWonderland - an underground punk band
Blue_Kirby2 - the second model of the Blue_Kirby line of vacuums
BlueMikey - a coy term used to describe the Life mascot when he choked on cereal
Dubble - what comes after singul
Grubdog - a viking
Identity Crisis - a side-effect of amnesia
Infernal Monkey - the wrench in the Infernal Machine
LeHah - a mocking French exclamation
nuttyturnip - a homemade treat made in some farming areas
packrat - a shortened name for the rarely used backpackrat storage item
ramoth - a misspelling of a forgotten Egyptian insect
RockgamerXIII - the thirteenth in a generation of men that enjoy marbles and skipping stones
Secret Squirrel - a rodent ninja
Sir VG - Sir Vacuum Gauge
Snowknight - a snowman complete with snowarmor, snowweaponry, and a snowsteed
Spatula - a tongue depressor
Tails - the archnemesis of Heads
Yamamanama - a city in Panama founded due to the surplus of bananas
Zergrinch - the German production of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [10] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (11 plards)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #104]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Acro-nym's Journal