Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Golfdish from Hell's Journal

Golfdish from Hell's Journal Statistics
View Golfdish from Hell's profile
Entries 74 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 20467
Replies Golfdish from Hell has made 85 comments [view stats]
Comments 147 comments (1.99 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 6 props given to Golfdish from Hell [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Golfdish from Hell's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Apr 2, 2008 - 09:03 PM
I only have one more thing to say about this...
Response to: A response to every other one of you emo fucks on this board. by No. Hard Pass.

Wish me luck this weekend!

Currently Playing: All Guns Blazing - Judas Priest

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #74]

Mar 16, 2008 - 06:52 AM
Inner peace...
"I'll do anything I can to help you and I'm not going to let anything bad happen to you."

I didn't even realize it when I typed it as part of a larger message, but it's kind of dawning on me...I sent that to someone who's always been important to me, someone I thought I'd never see again (talking 10-12 years), someone I didn't even know if they liked me because of stuff that happened in the past (we're on good terms), someone who did so much for my psyche in 9 of the most beautiful lines of text ever composed (across 2 messages).

I know it's a juvenile attempt at playing hero, but I like the fact I'm serious and this isn't some stupid anime or videogame character saying or receiving it. Rather...Someone important that said to me, "Things have been crazy and aren't going so well." It's still hitting me what I just said and who I said it to and it feels like I just killed 3 massive demons inside myself that have been there for ages. Although there's the other demon that says I'm a moron for letting this girl out of my sight to begin with...I'd like to put a stake through his eyes once and for all, but I'll just live with the fact I was a moron.

Jenn, I know you're never going to come to Gamingforce, register an account and read this in my journal, so that's why I'm saying here that I love you. Then again, you are amazing, so maybe you'll surprise me...But I'm saving that nugget for when I see you IRL again. It's just not something made for saying online.

Currently Playing: Damn The Machine - Gamma Ray

Response entries:
A response to every other one of you emo fucks on this board. by No. Hard Pass.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #73]

Feb 15, 2008 - 07:31 PM
Feel like I've been to hell and back...
...just like Gamingforce. Good to come back to this thing.

Totally exhausted after this whole week. 40 hours of number-crunching at work and 2 assignments I had to do from scratch, plus some extra running. And in the midst of everything, I got to send Jenn (the girl I mentioned in the previous entry) a valentine message and a gift to go along with it.

The message kind of went from about 4 lines to a full-blown, carefully editted confession/apology over the span of about 3 weeks. The reality is, she's not on myspace a lot and a chance like this doesn't come along too often, so the importance factor became more of an issue. It was pretty much dead-serious, pulling up old memories and making sure I didn't overuse the words beautiful and special. Basically, I just said, "I don't know the right way to do this, so I'm throwing it all out there...I'm doing it my way."

The gift, I had a bit of fun with. I got the idea Monday, so it took a few days to get the shots I wanted in time for Wednesday night/Thursday morning. It was a slideshow, basically letting her see me for the first time in 10 years. On her myspace blog, she has a note about how the right music can chill you to the bone. So what I did was I noted this and used screenshots from Guitar Hero 2 and "Sweet Child O Mine" (noting the "important" lines...which is basically all of the first verse, which touches on what I said in the note). At the end and after about 10 rounds, I managed a top score (on expert! 255,000, since I held my streaks during the solo and the ending part, which can be hit or miss) and stuck her name in there, with the caption: "I just did the playing...You had the important part." Afterwards, I had one with the Dio metal sign saying "The sign for metal is also the sign for love." Then I used my bathroom mirror to make it seem like there were 3 of me and got a photo with me making the sign. The caption: "Cloning myself still isn't enough to tell you how much you rock." I thought that was kind of clever.

Then of course, the link gets eaten in the myspace message, so I had to move some stuff around (instead of linking directly to the slideshow, I linked her to an album where the slideshow was the only thing she could click on...). And I still had to explain myspace adds spaces after periods to break the link, so she had to delete the spaces for it to work. I understand why they do it, but man that pissed me off having to send another message. I did have some fun though...One of those stupid friend-request bots made the perfect guinea pig for how the links came through myspace, so after about five of them, I saw what was happening to the links. I even made a test slideshow with Axl saying "Welcome to the Jungle, bot!", then a Guitar Hero screen saying, "You fail..." And yes, I made sure I linked Jenn to the right one!

I admit...I am kind of in love, but it's not "I want to screw you because you're so fucking hot". More like, "I want to be a better friend than I was in the past and I hope you're doing okay after all this time." Really, just seeing her once and seeing she's okay would work for me (I'd hope for more, but I'd be content). Or knowing she got a laugh out of some of those slides. I don't really feel that way about too many people, so this is a new experience. Who'd have thought Valentine's Day would be more important than last Christmas this year?

Oh yeah, and I learned the actual Sweet Child riff since the downtime on GFF. I just use three barre chords...I think that's how Slash does it. It keeps the finger movement and string squealing to a minimum. I'm getting the speed down, but my barres don't always come down right, which forces mistakes. *sigh* That's what practice is for. Maybe it'll come in handy soon...*crosses fingers*

Now it's just time to play the waiting game...

*watches 30 seconds go by*

DAMMIT, LOGIN TO THE FREAKING MYSPACE AND READ YOUR MAIL ALREADY! I'M DYING OUT HERE!!!!!

Currently Playing: Anything but Sweet Child O Mine...

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #72]

Jan 6, 2008 - 02:52 AM
New Guilty Gear music + Steelers lose + hearing from a girl = Good day
Considering I didn't do much today out of the usual (and even slept through more than half of it), this is one of the better days I've had in awhile.

Guilty Gear Overture's second volume definitely makes up for both the first volume of orchestral crap and pretty much all the crap VGM I suffered through during 2007. Not quite as melodic as previous offerings (even Isuka), but the performance is pretty flawless and just sounds...good. Loud and powerful, with a really good layered sound to it. Third listen and some tracks are making a lot more sense than they did the first time. The occasional organ or violin is mixed in, but they sound really good when they pop in amongst the constant guitar attack. First VGM CD in over a year I'd say is actually worth buying. I was a fool for doubting Guilty Gear.

Suck shit, Steelers. Definitely rooting Jags next week against whoever. Hell of a game though.

And oh right...The girl...

This wasn't the one I was nervous about finding and was trying to get to through her sister, but one I knew actually pretty well around high school (found her myspace as well). Problem was, she was kind of an enigma and so was I, so we kind of broke off contact. Not really sure what the deal was, but on a scale of 1-10, I'd rate the crush I had on her with a number with at least 4 digits. In any case, I was expecting a response more along the lines of "Go away, don't bother me again, what are you some kind of weird stalker, etc etc", which would have been fine as long as she got the message (I'm not posting that!). I wasn't expecting anything more than that. Instead, I got this:

"Andy,

Sorry, I'm not really on this too often but I am almost positive that you are the Andy where we use to hang out and all the boys played video games. If not I'm sorry I thank you for the wonderful comments you made and write me back please!
Jenn"

That...made my day/week/month/maybe year (I predicted 2008 would be good...I feel like I hit the jackpot five days into it). She probably remembered the video games thing because the 1-2 times she saw my room, I had NES/SNES carts all thrown around (this WAS 1995). I responded...I just hope she checks her myspace more than once every 3 months now!

Definitely took the thunder away from the other two...Can't say I've ever actually had dreams of new GG music or the Steelers losing.

Currently Playing: Worthless as the Sun Above Clouds - GG Overture Vol. 2

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #71]

Dec 18, 2007 - 02:25 AM
Done with Guitar Hero III
Eh, just not impressed at all by it. Hate too much of the tracklist and I just kind of noticed I'm not really enjoying the patterns as much as the previous entries. Even the 8th tier, which is all songs I frequently listen to IRL, the one only song worth playing is Cliffs. RB (and Mosh 1) can suck balls, the intro to Number of the Beast can go straight to hell and the last couple minutes of One can lay in a room as a goddamned mute stump for all I care. Come to think of it, the first five can do the same thing too, because they lead you to believe something good happens with the song.

I'm just kind of realizing how little I enjoy this. Let's see:

Tier 1-Love Talk Dirty to Me and Slow Ride, R+R All Night and Hit Me With Your Best Shot aren't too much fun to actually play, could Story of My Life possibly be any longer?

Tier 2-Barracuda's bassline is a chore to play, Mississippi is too short (but fun while it lasts), School's Out is decent...If I'm going to listen to rap metal, I need something less repetitive than Bulls. Bet Tom Morello feels stupid, seeing how simple the song's pattern is (and how stupid the singer looks singing it).

Tier 3-Guh, just...Fucking terrible. All of it. Paint it Black kinda saves it, but isn't much fun.

Tier 4-Paranoid is a great song, but NOT a great GH song. The rest of this tier is horrible. Fuck the Sex Pistols, fuck Sonic Youth. Yay, two entire tiers I hated.

Tier 5-Holiday in Cambodia is more fun than it has any right to be (or maybe the stuff before it just fucking sucks...oh wait, it sucks balls on expert. Nevermind.), Rock You Like a Hurricane is good, but pretty standard to play, Jungle is solid. I think I nodded out during the others (can we please get a GOOD Aerosmith song in one of the games?).

Tier 6-Thumbs up to Black Magic Woman and The Metal (lol), although it's too short. I squirmed getting through the White Zombie song...repetitive as all fuck one second, lol pattern the next (but STILL repetitive).

Tier 7-Horseshit. 3's and 7's is cool, but I don't like the pattern at all. Cult has no business in tier 7. Boring and repetitive to play. Knights has a glitch? Didn't notice...Fell asleep playing it. Hell, I'm leaving it on as I type and it's looped close to 20 times and I doubt I could remember a lick of it.

Tier 8-Already covered.

And combined with the loading, character models (Midori? Seriously? That looks like a dude in drag!), interface, star power placements (read: not enough of it) and overall shaft the PS2 version got? Nah, this shit can't even hope to touch the earlier games. Especially 2, which had a couple rough spots, but got amazing as it went on (especially the last couple tiers). Sad thing is...I'd shoot Kurt Cobain in the head if he wasn't already dead and I'd have a smile on my face for ending Nirvana, and I STILL enjoyed playing Heart-Shaped Box than most of GHIII. With the sound on!

Ugh...And is it just me or are there just far fewer solos than in previous games? Seemed like even the most lowly GH2 or 80's songs had a kickass solo in it.

Currently Playing: Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden (mp3, NOT the GH pattern!)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #70]

Dec 15, 2007 - 08:51 PM
Still nervous...But hopeful...Also, some headbangin' with Edguy!
So I'm still waiting to hear back from this girl, but I'm not alone...I messaged the sister and she said she hasn't seen her in awhile either. But never fear! She said she'll be sure to pass along the fact some loser from Middle School is looking for her when she sees her next and she'll mention the email. Not sure when that'll be, but one would have to assume she'll visit for Christmas or New Years. Unless she's in another country or something (highly possible...depending how serious she was about the anime thing, she might very well be over in Japan!) Thank you...For listening to my pestering and not blowing me off, when you very easily could have. It's good to know there are nice people still in existence in the world.

What worries me is hotmail's handling of inactive accounts, even for a couple months. Read: They delete everything in them! Which is why I don't recommend them to anyone...

(prays)

Listening to Edguy's "Hellfire Club"...These guys are either totally brilliant or the greatest one-album wonders ever. I fucking love this album. "Lavatory Love Machine" = <3, or so says the last hour or so I've listened to it.

It's amazing how little I care about game music nowadays, especially modern stuff...In just a few months, what was above-average has become strikingly average, what was average is now garbage (read: stuff I keep telling myself I have to be in the mood for to enjoy and I'm NEVER in the mood for...which is a lot, unfortunately) and what was originally garbage isn't even worthy of being called garbage (hugs and kisses, Mizuta...and that Rockman Rock Arrange from Capcom would still be a smelly, steaming pile). I still contend this year would suck, release-wise, if VGM were all I still listened to and I still love many classic chiptunes and older releases, but exploring the whole rock/metal scene is just so much more rewarding because it gives me what I originally liked about VGM...I like how I can pretend Sakimoto even mattered for 8 years, when Poison gave me exactly what I wanted in a matter of 15 seconds. Oof! No mystery which one I prefer there. Even this blasted Edguy CD...I got it as a gift out of the blue from a friend and I'm hard pressed to think of any VGM I have on me that can match it. Konami Battle and Guilty Gear, of course, plus classic, established stuff that was probably responsible for getting me into VGM, but beyond that...

I'll still keep up on releases...In a way, it's nice not to have to pretend any garbage still matters for fear of missing something I might like down the road. But it's officially time to sever ties with a lot of familiar names/franchises, because frankly, they're not cutting the mustard anymore. Least-while, not in the way Edguy is right now. Even my collection of official CD's doesn't matter as much it did even a few months ago. Might be time to up the sales list again...

Now how about getting some serious power/speed metal out there in VGM Land, huh? Symphonic Guilty Gear music is nice for the first couple seconds, but it gets old fast...

Currently Playing: Lavatory Love Machine - Edguy

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #69]

Dec 8, 2007 - 06:05 AM
Now I'm even more nervous...
Okay, I got lucky with the myspace PM...Turns out the friend was actually the girl's sister and she made the account up as a joke. So naturally, she'll never see the original note or use the friend request. D'oh! However...she was kind enough to give me the girl's real email address. YOINK!

So I need to sit back and wait...I imagine this will go one of two ways:

1. She's going to say was nice of me to try to find her and reopen conversation and reminisce about the past.

or

2. I'm going to get blasted for contacting her sister (unknowingly!) and get called a scary perverted stalker with no life (not true, but understandable) and then her sister is going to get blasted for giving her email out.

Either way...The email's on the way. That's more than I would have thought even a few weeks ago, so I'll run the risk of eating a wall of swear words and insults. I conveniently left out the part about giving her the love note in 8th grade and never fessing up to it. It'll give me something to look forward to when I get back from Christmas shopping tomorrow...

And this is how nervous I am...I stood there and played Rock the 80's on hard all the way through and 5-starred all but three songs (Play With Me, Los Angeles and What I Like About You, none of which I cared enough about to replay)...Including Electric Eye, which I've never seen even 4 stars on before and I crushed most of my other high scores by a significant margin and I was five notes from perfecting Nothin' But A Good Time. And I felt a little dirty playing "Seventeen", because that's how old the girl's sister was...Good ol' Kip Winger and his dirty mind. So even if this doesn't pan out, at least it's making me better at GH. Have to see if it works for expert mode in III now...*shudder*

Currently Playing: I Ran (So Far Away) - Flock of Seagulls

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #68]

Dec 6, 2007 - 06:54 PM
I'm nervous...
There was a girl I knew in Middle School. We weren't super-close, but we were pretty good friends and she was cuter than I ever gave her credit for and was always pleasant to talk to (and the fact I sent her a love letter and never followed up on it!). Anyway, we ended up going to different high schools. On a fluke, I ran into her a few years later in a Suncoast and she remembered me. We chatted for a minute or so before she had to run, but A) she was about 3 times cuter than I remembered (a bit more gothic than I remember, but in a cool way), which kind of rendered my ability to talk effectively totally useless and B) she was now an anime nut (like me, especially at the time). ...Didn't see her again afterwards. If I could've found a way to kick myself, I would have. Well, I did, but it didn't hurt nearly enough as it should have.

Fast-forward to the future...I found out she had a myspace a few days ago. Hers isn't really big, but based on the profile picture, her real name (used in the search engine), the fact she's the same age as me, her sense of humor and the fact she's based in Maryland, it's her. So I sent her a message and a a friend request. That's the good news. The bad news is she hasn't logged in for close to a year and I doubt she'll see them.

So desperate times call for desperate measures...She had 1 friend listed on her myspace (yoink) and this friend logs in almost constantly (double yoink), so I asked her if she can get this girl to log in to see my message. I also gave her my AIM screenname and email to pass along. I hate pestering a complete stranger like that, but I didn't have much of a choice.

So yeah...Now more than ever, there's this looming sense of hope and dread everytime I open myspace, AIM or my email. So if this fails...Any other way to get a defunct myspace user to respond?

Currently Playing: You Know I Cry - Twisted Sister

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #67]

Oct 20, 2007 - 05:01 PM
To make one final poke at orion in THIS week's SOTW thread...
...since I've gracefully spammed it up enough as is for the week:

About the track "Faraway Moon - if it dies rather -short.rm-"

Originally Posted by orion_mk3
Faraway Moon - if it dies rather -short.rm- Another track with some techno elements, though the piano really sets it apart from the pack. The two elements don't gel as nicely as they could, and the piano kicks in rather late (and is absent for a fair bit too), but the melody's good enough that it doesn't matter so much. ends up giving it a point
Nothing too irritating, except I have to make the wild assumption these two guys know more about what constitutes trance or not:

Originally Posted by Zeph
If it dies rather was my fave. Started a bit like the previous track, but long enough to forget about that. I love trance, and since I don't think I've ever heard trance in a game (aside from DDR and maybe Rez), I'm thoroughly shocked.
Originally Posted by Rimo
I was especially delighted to hear trance in the Faraway Moon track.
The significance? (taken from a basic search for the word "trance", by posts)

Originally Posted by orion
I love techno. It's my second-favorite genre and I own or have pirated many CD's. My problem is with trance, which takes techno elements and loops them for 25 minutes so stoned people can dance easily.
Uh huh, interesting.

Originally Posted by orion, again
However, if by "techno" you mean "trance" or "eurotrash dancebeat," I would have to say that I am among that genre's mortal enemies, hunting down listeners and composers alike and killing them like dogs. [/hyperbole]

The repetitive nature of most trance, with hardly anything in the way of variations or interludes, provides a good cue to stomp your feet or shake your thang, but little else. In a dark and sweaty nightclub, where the object is not aesthetic appriciation of music but to collide and score with members of the opposite sex, trance serves its purpose.
Fascinating...

Originally Posted by orion, yet again, this time on a track no one else came remotely close to referring to as "trance"
People complain about boring ambiance and then enthusiastically endorse Fantavision - Moony - Stage 5,6? Whatever. This hyper-repetitive trance loopery bored me to tears.
So, does orion simply not know what constitutes trance? (rhetorical question)

So, how can one so easily have a vendetta against a certain type of music they can't even recognize? (again, rhetorical question, but imagine a monkey sitting in his cage, scratching his head)

Can it be, that orion simply enjoys going out of his way in finding stuff wrong with things? (that's 3 rhetorical questions in a row, BTW...the monkey's on his fifth banana trying to figure it out)

My point? No, this is not a continuation of Rat's gloriously entertaining and well-made posts picking his "musical theory" posts apart, though it was loosely inspired. My musical knowledge isn't good enough to do anything nearly as good. My point is:

1. I'm tired of this fuck-up literally finding stuff to bitch and moan about the more and more he goes on. And half the time, it's totally inconsistant with the past. I swear, these contests, he makes up something to pick on as sort of an ongoing theme and doesn't fucking shut up about it, even when it wasn't an issue in the past. For the chiptune contest, it was whining about "trills" (a feature commonly found in chiptunes), "allowing Genesis tracks in", "gene-rock" (stupid term to begin with and it was in a CHIPTUNE contest!), "not enough slow tracks" (WAH! Again...in a CHIPTUNE contest!) "stuff sounding too close to SNES music" and "Castlevania being overrated" to the point of whining about it EVERY. FUCKING. TIME. one comes up (which hasn't carried over to any other contest thus far) For the recent BSC, I called him out several times when he tried to magically and instantaneously raise a stink over things that clearly were never an issue in the past, such as the number of tracks from the same series advancing (funny he had an issue with many Wild Arms tracks doing well, but not a peep when numerous Chrono tracks or Beyond Good & Evil ones advanced in prior contests...) and tracks that had appeared previously. And there's countless times I've heard him say "no melody" when it's there in plain view with a spotlight hitting it. How can you miss a melody in a Guilty Gear track, unless you're fucking retarded? Oh, wait...And the whole "Sakuraba Battle Theme" shtick (which he didn't start, but has no issues not letting go and continuing) has gotten old, withered, died and reincarated itself numerous times over the years. And for this week's SOTW, AFTER HE HAD WHINED THAT NOMINATING SOMETHING FROM THE MEGAMAN SERIES WOULD "OPEN THE GATES" FOR GETTING WELL-KNOWN TRACKS IN, THE DOUCHE TURNS AROUND AND NOMINATES A TRACK FROM THE MANA SERIES! Double-standards? Inconsistancies? Plain-retardedness?

The inconsistancies boggle my fucking mind, so I figure it's just best to point them out as they come along for everyone to see, instead of trying to figure them out logically. I would recommend other people do likewise.

And to a lesser extent:

2. I'm tired of being mentioned in the same sentence by various members and being compared to this idiot simply by being involved in various VGM-related activities and posting often-strong opinions on what I like and don't like. The difference is I don't go around, literally making up and going to extensive lengths to make up reasons to hate pieces of music as I go along. More often than not, I come into them looking forward to what new tracks I can pick up. I mean, if you stick rap or grunge in front of my nose (two genres of music I loathe) or a decidedly ambient track from a western RPG...stuff already within my established canon of "like and dislike", where I don't exactly need to make stuff up, I'll bite and go off on it. These contests aren't exactly filled with upbeat, flowery posts from anyone. But I'm also not going to go out of my way to find stuff to bitch and whine about.

So yeah, Brent, next time you want to decide "who's worse", keep that in mind.

Oh, and if someone can run an ip check on the member "Anuran" (who only seems to duck his head out occasionally during the song contests and conveniently votes alongside orion when appropriate enough...oddly enough, orion gets really riled up just by me mentioning his name...hmm...HMMMM) it would be greatly appreciated. I just know he's one big fanboy of Robocco Wars.

http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/members/anuran.html
http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/br...tml#post415637

Currently Playing: Psycho City - Great White

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (8 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #66]

Oct 8, 2007 - 11:17 PM
Yankees Lose...Conversely, Yankees Suck.
Another hallowed October moment.

*cues Nothin' But a Good Time*

It don't get better, baby!

Currently Playing: Nothin' But a Good Time - Poison

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #65]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Golfdish from Hell's Journal