Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Hantei's Journal

Journal Banner

Hantei's Journal Statistics
View Hantei's profile
Entries 1 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 1336
Replies Hantei has made 0 comments [view stats]
Comments 2 comments (2 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 2 props given to Hantei [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Hantei's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
May 22, 2008 - 12:58 AM
NECA: Gears of War
Welcome to Hantei's journal, I'll be dumping entries about my latest purchases (norm being action figures, collectibles) here. The entries themsevles are mostly gonna be just pictures, with some impressions of the product. If I'm not too lazy, I'll try to get around to taking some pics of the other collectibles that're lying around collecting dust.

I was actually gonna start my first entry with NECA's TMNT figures, but alas complications with my Donatello denied the entry (currently waiting for the shop to get another shipment so I can exchange). So here I am starting with NECA's Gears of War figures, which I just picked up and were shipped to local comic shops today!

They're pretty sweet, and contain a little more articulation than NECA usually gives. My favorite is easily Marcus (Fenix), the hero of the series, how could anyone not like this guy? The articulation they gave him is pretty impressive, and above average of what's usually seen in a NECA figure. He's got swivel head, swivel elbows and thighs, the wrists seem like they're ball jointed, swivel waist, hinged knees and ankles. Cole has to be the worst one when it comes to articulation though, for some reason the sculptor decided not allow him to pose with his Lancer in both hands, lame. The Drones are pretty decent, but don't really give much in terms of poses, pretty much just them holding their weapons is all you can really get.

One disappointment is the lack of a peg for you attach the weapons to the figure's back, like in the game (something that McFarlane did do with the Master Chief/Spartan figures). Another one would be a lack of a holster for the COG's snub pistol. Heh, though both issues are easily remedied with some sticky putty.

Here's a couple of pictures, I'm too lazy to take anymore. If you're aching for more though, check out figures.com they've got a great gallery there. Their review of the figures is pretty indepth too.

ADVANCE REVIEW: NECA's Gears of War Action Figures - SERIES 1

Oh and the Lancer has a side grip that's hinged on the left side of the it. This is no doubt the grip that's used when you're doing the chainsaw melee.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #1]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Hantei's Journal