Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Alice's Journal

Journal Banner

Alice's Journal Statistics
View Alice's profile
Entries 400 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 71 entries are private (17.75% of total)
Views 175322
Replies Alice has made 3574 comments [view stats]
Comments 7645 comments (19.11 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 532 props given to Alice [who be proppin?]
Buddies 63 buddies
Relation You are not Alice's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jul 15, 2007 - 07:19 AM
Ouch
I had three glasses of Merlot last night and woke up with a headache. Not a bad one, just enough to get on my nerves and make me consider taking something for it. I'm trying caffeine first. If that doesn't work I'll move on to baby aspirin.

My friend Jennifer came over last night and we cooked, watched The Pursuit of Happyness because she had never seen it, and basically just hung out drinking wine and talking. It was a good night but I didn't get the one thing done that I really wanted to, which was my toenails. I'm still wearing the same nail polish on my toes from when I had a pedicure the day before I went to the Maine meet.

Oh, and Christian is having a girl! I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before but her name's going to be Persephone and I really, really love that name.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (18 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #249]

Jul 13, 2007 - 04:15 PM
I love going places <3
Anywhere. But San Francisco is one of those places I've always really wanted to see. And I will! In September I'm going there for a few days on a business trip, which I'm starting to get pretty excited about, especially since I just found out that Ence and Midna are going to come to my hotel one night and take me out...somewhere?

I just looked up my hotel (which happens to have the most retarded name of all time) and it looks very cool:

http://www.hoteldiva.com/

I adore going places and it's a million times more fun when I get to meet people from the boards. Does anyone else live in the area who would be interested in coming along? I'll be in town from September 25-30, and the more the merrier.

(In other news, today sucked pretty badly.)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (21 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #248]

Jul 11, 2007 - 09:38 AM
I need to explain about Harry.
Back in early 1999, Christian (then age 11) came home with a book that she was so excited about she was actually jumping up and down, and that we just HAD to read together. She had already read the first few chapters, but she loved it so much that she was willing to start over so we could read it together. You see, reading books together is what Christian and I did. It was always our thing. Dane never liked to read, and I tried many times with many different genres to get him to fall in love with books, but some people are readers and some are skateboarders, and that's OK.

I had never seen Christian so excited over a book. I had heard about this one and knew it involved wizards and magic – neither of which I had any interest in whatsoever. Until that point, our reading repertoire had consisted of books such as Watership Down, Heidi and every Sharon Creech book ever written. However, her excitement drew me in and I didn’t have the heart not to at least give the book a chance.

So we started reading. By chapter two, I was completely hooked. I found the writing style to be absolutely beautiful. Rowling’s character development was astonishing, and by the time we finished the book I was a diehard fan. After that, we would wait with bated breath for every book and movie release. Book releases were particularly huge events since both of us prefer books to movies, but movie releases were also cause for much anticipation and celebration. We never missed a midnight book release or a movie premier.

The Harry Potter phenomenon, to my very happy surprise, turned out to be one of the most fulfilling bonding experiences of my parenting career.

Well, as everyone knows, Christian grew up and moved on to other things, people and experiences. Meanwhile, Wyatt, I thought, would soon be old enough to understand the books and (yay!) he was (and is) also a big reader. That day arrived much earlier than I expected, when he came home from third grade one afternoon with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in his backpack and a big smile on his face after having read the first chapter. Just like with Christian, he and I also had our little reading thing. We had read everything from the Shiloh books to Roald Dahl’s The BFG to The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, but once again, the Harry Potter series turned out to be the books that really brought us together.

For the past two years, several nights a week, Wyatt and I have had a Harry Potter routine that involves making a pot of tea and cuddling up in our big “reading chair.” Then I read aloud to him while he claps, cheers, cries and makes death threats toward Professor Snape. The movie premiers are always monumental events. This one is particularly exciting since we were able to time the completion of the fifth book with the movie release, having finished the book last night just in time for the movie premier tonight.

Wyatt likes to play hangman when he’s taking his bath at night. I figure this will last another 6 months at most before modesty kicks in and he doesn’t want me to see him naked. Sometimes the messages on the shower walls are so cute I can’t bear to wash them off right away, so I leave them up for a while. If you were to pull my shower curtain back right now you would see, scrawled in both his hand and mine in purple and red bath crayon, hangman games reading “No one is as excited about Harry Potter 5 as we are!” and “Dumbledore for President.”

I think – I hope – that these are the moments that define a childhood.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [11] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (18 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #247]

Jul 8, 2007 - 07:24 PM
Are you this guy?
You’re standing in line at Wal-Mart behind a nice lady and her 5-year-old son, and your cell phone rings. It’s your best friend, who informs you that his girlfriend has been cheating on him.

“Fuck that bitch,” you proclaim loudly to your buddy, the toddler in line in front of you, and anyone else who happens to be within earshot. “Fucking whore is what she is.” Let there be no misunderstanding here. You are genuinely angry because, goddamnit, living vicariously through your friend is the closest you’ve ever come to a real live twat. This is a real pisser.

“Throw her shit out on the fucking street,” you helpfully (and loudly) offer. The lady in front of you turns around and glares. You scratch your braided beard. The feel of it is empowering.

“Some chick in front of me don’t like me,” you mutter to your friend while fiddling with one of the approximately 34 chains hanging from your huge black pants.

“Fuck this shit. I don’t have time for this. Yeah, I’m at Wal-Mart but I’m not waiting in this fucking line. I’ll be there in a minute.” And with that you strategically place your package of hamburger meat between Vogue and Cooking Light and depart, head down, leaving your captive audience not only shell-shocked but very sorry indeed that you didn’t shower this morning.

__________________________________________________ ___

Are you this guy? Because if so, I have a message for you from the sweet lady in front of you. She would have liked to give it to you personally, but you see, she had a 5-year-old in tow who in all likelihood would not have benefited from these particular words of counsel:

You’re a complete waste of our planet’s limited resources. Your attempts at nonconformity will only be successful if you start buying your clothes somewhere other than the place where all the other nonconformists buy theirs. You’re ugly as hell, and you’re never going to get laid. Now, being ugly in and of itself is not an insurmountable hurdle. Ugly dudes still get laid. You, however, are fucking retarded to boot. You have about as much chance of getting into a girl’s pants as the republicans have of winning the next presidential election. Your breath is offensive to the point of causing physical trauma to those around you. Your grammar is horrendous, but that’s not really as problematic as you might imagine because as long as you continue to boycott deodorant, no one is going to notice your double negatives. Did I mention that you’re never going to get laid?

It is her sincerest hope that you die in a fire. A fire that takes not only you, but your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, and any children you may currently have or are thinking of adopting. Oh, and have a nice day!

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [10] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (17 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #246]

Jul 6, 2007 - 09:12 PM
Better Late Than Never
I’m just now getting around to uploading the pictures I took on July 4. Wyatt and I ended up going to Stowe Botanical Gardens because our other plans sort of fell through at the last minute, and it turned out to be for the best because this place is amazing. I’ve been there before, but I had forgotten how completely beautiful it is. (nadi, for some reason I think you’ll like these.)

I took this little video (which isn’t great), but it’ll give you an idea of the excellent music they played throughout most of the day. For whatever reason this sort of music gets 100 times better when the sun starts setting. <3

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...7bandvideo.flv

The fireworks show was nothing to write home about, but thanks to beer tents, croquet, Italian ice and pulled pork sandwiches, I would definitely go there again.

These next few were taken tonight. We had a bunch of cheap firecrackers that Wyatt and my nephew, Miles, just had to explode because FIRE.

EDIT: Oh, and on a completely unrelated note for you meet-goers who were discussing the Harry Potter Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, I just bought a box and here are the flavors. Some are new!

Bacon
Black Pepper
Blueberry
Booger
Buttered Popcorn
Cherry
Cinnamon
Dirt
Earthworm
Earwax
Grape Jelly
Grass
Green Apple
Lemon Drop
Rotten Egg
Sardine
Soap
Toasted Marshmallow
Tutti-Fruitti
Vomit

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [5] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #245]

Jul 6, 2007 - 06:11 PM
Confession Time
I always had the biggest crush on Anthony Michael Hall. My nerd-love goes way back, it seems.

Anyone else want to fess up to a somewhat embarrassing celebrity crush? You'll feel so much better once you get it off your chest.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (17 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #244]

Jul 4, 2007 - 10:05 PM
The Maine Meet House
This is so weird, and I'm disgustingly honest. I just got an email from Sandy Noble, the lady who owns the house in Maine where we stayed last month, and in it she apologized for not sending my deposit back to me yet. Apparently she forgot that she didn't hold back the deposit, but instead went ahead and applied the $500 that I sent to her as a deposit to the rental amount.

I emailed her back explaining this to her, and I also asked if she would let us rent the same place again next year. I'll let you guys know what she says when she emails me back. I do believe we're going to need a larger place next year, but just in case nostalgia takes over and we decide to do a carbon copy of this year's meet, hopefully the house will be available to us.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #243]

Jul 3, 2007 - 08:11 AM
HOLY DECAPITATION, BATMAN
This morning when I was driving on the interstate on my way to work an enormous piece of sheet metal blew off a truck in front of me in the lane to my right and straight across the hood of my car - sharp side out. It came so close that I could hear the sound it made, and it scared the living bejesus out of me. You might think I screamed like a girl, but what came out was much quieter and I spent the next few heart-pounding minutes pondering the disastrous consequences awaiting me at the pearly gates should my last earthly utterance actually end up being a whispered “fuck.”

On the bright side, I’m very much awake now.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (11 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #242]

Jul 2, 2007 - 03:46 PM
Delicious Cloves
These clove cigarettes need to go far, far away from me. I honestly can't believe I have any left, but I do. Maybe they are multiplying while I sleep.

I feel sick to my stomach today. Very. I had lunch with my friend, Jennifer, at Ruby Tuesday and I ordered the mini burgers (fried) with onion straws (fried) and french fries (fried). That's probably what it is. Will I ever learn?

I want to take a nap, but I really need to DO THINGS. Life is too short and I already sleep too much at night.

I still have two bruises that mysteriously appeared on me at the meet.

Sassafrass' trip pictures are making me want to go somewhere cool and green (again).

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (12 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #241]

Jul 1, 2007 - 04:34 PM
A Good Day
Wyatt is at a friend's house today so I was able to get tons of stuff done around the house. Didn't wash my car, but everything else is clean and shiny. =)

I had an absolutely kickass workout and now I'm going to take a long shower and go all by myself to a Mexican place near my house and stuff myself with something spicy and beer and read my new book (Running With Scissors - I've heard it's bizaaaaaare).

When I get home I have a movie to watch that I've wanted to see for a long time (A Simple Plan - has anyone seen it?).

This was a good day.

Currently Playing: Buckcherry - Crazy Bitch

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (7 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #240]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Alice's Journal