Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Alice's Journal

Journal Banner

Alice's Journal Statistics
View Alice's profile
Entries 400 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 71 entries are private (17.75% of total)
Views 175320
Replies Alice has made 3574 comments [view stats]
Comments 7645 comments (19.11 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 532 props given to Alice [who be proppin?]
Buddies 63 buddies
Relation You are not Alice's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
May 12, 2010 - 05:40 PM
Too crazy?
Is there anyone with any decorating taste around here? Because everyone thinks they have good taste, don't they? Me, I'm not so sure. I just like what I like, I guess.

We just painted our dining room (very) green and partially painted the hallway a gray-purple color. I say partially because we only painted the top part above the chair rail, so now the lower part needs to be painted a brighter white as opposed to the cream color it currently is. But I like it. We didn't want boring, but we also didn't want to make people nauseous with our color scheme.

I think (hope) the fact that the living room (where the white chair is sitting) will soon be painted a light gray will offset the...less than traditional colors.

Opinions?

P.S. Oh, and there's this cool thing I have to show off. We bought it at an antique store a couple of weeks ago for ridiculously cheap and it now sits over the fireplace in the living room. It's the original post office box from the Grover, North Carolina post office. There were black widow spider webs in it when we brought it home. I think it's super cool.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (9 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #319]

Dec 7, 2007 - 07:51 PM
SASS, LEHAH, PLAROM...GO ELF YOURSELF!
http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1228409304

That is all.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [6] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (13 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #318]

Nov 29, 2007 - 06:25 AM
After Christmas
I'm going to start to slowly make my house look the way I want it to. I figure it'll take me that long to figure out what I want. I've compromised for so long now that I've sort of forgotten what it is that I like.

I'll definitely start with paint, though, and that's going to be a huge undertaking. I'm thinking red in my bedroom. You know, the shade of red from The Number 23. The only problem with that is, my carpet is this buttery yellow. But that's OK. I still think it'll work alright.

I'm thinking lab coat green in my kitchen...

...and yellow cabinets with mismatched colored glass knobs. They sell them at Anthropologie, but I'll bet I can find them cheaper.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/...ze1=&color=min

Also, I want string lights and framed posters instead of old-lady landscape paintings inherited from Randy's grandmother. And if I don't like something or it represents a bad memory in any way, I'll just get rid of it. I'm at the point where I'd almost rather eat indoor picnic-style on a blanket on the floor than have another meal on this dark, formal, pink cushioned dining room furniture we inherited when his grandmother died.

This is good. It'll give me something to look forward to after Christmas and maybe it'll stop me from getting that sad, depressed, Christmas-is-over-and-it's-a-long-time-until-spring feeling this year.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #317]

Nov 18, 2007 - 03:45 PM
Persephone Rae...Now With Pictures!
Here are a few of the bazillion pictures we took over the past 24 hours. <3

And here's a little movie. Obviously this was just minutes after she was born.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...ov17movie4.flv

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [24] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (25 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #316]

Nov 18, 2007 - 08:00 AM
She's here.
Persephone Rae Silvers arrived last night around 9:30 p.m. She weighs exactly 6 pounds and she is 19 inches long. I would love to post pictures, but I left my camera in the car overnight and it was extremely cold when I brought it into the house this morning and it made my card drive malfunction and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Anyway, she is beautiful and tiny and she has lots of dark hair, which is so strange to me since none of the babies in my family ever have any hair, or if they do it's very light and sparse.

Christian did great. She held out on getting an epidural until she had dilated to well over 7 cm., and after she had the epidural the labor seemed to shift into hyperspeed because the baby was here within an hour or so. She was a real trooper, and I'm so proud of her. When I left the hospital around 11:00 last night, Persephone had already nursed like a pro twice and Christian was sitting up in bed eating a cheeseburger and fries.

As soon as I can figure out how to fix this port I'll post some pictures of mom and baby. <3

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [8] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (16 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #315]

Nov 12, 2007 - 04:02 PM
This entry is about soup.
I'm craving soup. All kinds. Right now I'm sitting here trying to decide which kind I'm going to make for dinner. At first I thought about navy bean with big chunks of ham in it, then I decided that I was much more in the mood for turkey-leek soup (my second favorite), but Wyatt doesn't really like it. I made clam chowder last week but that's my very favorite and I never get tired of it. I also thought about making some chicken and dumplings (not exactly soup, even though I like mine a little more soup-like than most people make them) but they would never be as good as the ones my dad made on Saturday. Wyatt asked for vegetable beef soup last week but it takes forever to make.

Opinions? Did I leave out any soups that would be better than the ones I mentioned?

Also, I keep making the entry below this one private, then making it public again, then making it private again. I worry too much.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (13 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #314]

Nov 11, 2007 - 07:27 AM
On Tailgaiting
Maybe it's because I'm not a hardcore drunk that I don't understand this, but if the Panthers game doesn't start until 2:00, why the hell do I have to stand out in the freezing cold beginning at 9:30 a.m.? Are we supposed to sit around drinking O.J. and eating Lucky Charms until noon so that we can officially start drinking without feeling guilty?

I'm just not sure of the logistics of this whole tailgating at 9:30 a.m. business, but perhaps it's because I've never been to a home Panthers game before. Perhaps all will be made clear in due time.

Wish me luck. I hate the cold.

Currently Playing: 311 - Grassroots

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #313]

Nov 10, 2007 - 12:02 PM
Hey blue
Look down.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #312]

Nov 7, 2007 - 06:44 AM
Interactive Cats
So I bought this interactive cat with bonus kitten for Julianna's birthday next week. (Julianna is Mathiu's daughter and she's turning 9 on...the 16th I think?) Anyway, the mommy cat meows annoyingly and moves around when something moves in front of her, and the newborn kitten responds if you rub his back.

Personally, I think they are better than real cats. They do all the same things, and you don't have to clean a littler box or feed them.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...ew¤t=Cats.flv

Apparently they do a lot more than just move their heads and meow. For example, if you pull the mommy cat's tail she'll hiss at you. But they're in demo mode until you take them out of the box and switch them over to full-on real cats without the shedding mode.

What will they think of next? *practices grandmother-speak*

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (19 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #311]

Nov 6, 2007 - 11:02 AM
Persephone

We often identify Virgo with Persephone. She was the daughter of Zeus' sister Demeter (goddess of agriculture and guardian of marriage) and Zeus (making Zeus Persephone's uncle and father). One day Persephone was out to pick flowers. She strolled around the meadows, collecting roses, hyacinths and lilies and bound wreaths of them. Persephone went ahead to where she thought she spotted an especially beautiful narcissus. Just as she bent down to take it, she heard a tremendous sound shaking the earth and there, in front of her she saw the ground opening itself and from out of the underground there rushed a chariot drawn by four black horses. The chariot was driven by a man with dark features and with a strange, black crown on his head. It was easy to see that he was some kind of a king.

Terrified, Persephone began to run, but was soon caught by the dark king who lifted her up and seated her by himself in the chariot. Persephone cried and called out for her mother, but to no avail, the chariot disappeared into the hole and the ground closed itself after them, leaving no trace and no sound.

When Demeter discovered her precious daughter missing, she began a frantic search. She sought her without ceasing, not eating or sleeping. At last she learned Hades had taken her daughter; she went to persuade Hades to give her daughter back, but he would not listen to her. In her grief, she failed in her duties as goddess of agriculture. That year was the most dreadful and cruel ever experienced by humanity. No seed sprang up from the ground. People died of starvation and Demeter herself looked feeble.

After watching the famine's progression, Zeus took matters into his own hand. He spoke gently to Demeter, trying to persuade her to do her job. But she would not listen, and replied she would never let anything grow on the earth until she saw her child, Persephone.

Zeus realized his brother Hades must yield. He eventually did, and Zeus told Demeter that her daughter could come home, provided she had not eaten anything while in the underworld. He sent the messenger to the underworld to fetch Persephone. Hades, downcast, knew he must obey the word of Zeus. Persephone was elated to hear the news that she could finally return to her mother. Before her departure with Hermes, Hades told her not to forget him, and to think kindly of him. He tricked her to eat a few pomegranate seeds, knowing in his heart that if she did so she must return to him.

Demeter and Persephone had a happy reunion, they had a lot to talk about. Demeter grieved when she learned about the pomegranate seeds. Zeus sent his mother Rhea to speak to Demeter. Rhea explained that Persephone could remain with her 8 months out of a year, but the rest of the year, she has to go back down to the underworld to be with Hades. Demeter understood and apologized for the desolation she had brought about. She made the fields rich and productive again, but during the four months that Persephone is in the underworld, she still grieves for her daughter, letting winter rule the world.

Christian just called me after her now weekly checkup. According to the doctor, little Persephone will be here in three or four days at most.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (13 seamonkeys)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #310]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Alice's Journal