Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Top Dollar's Journal

Top Dollar's Journal Statistics
View Top Dollar's profile
Entries 12 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 5427
Replies Top Dollar has made 13 comments [view stats]
Comments 7 comments (0.58 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 0 props given to Top Dollar [who be proppin?]
Buddies 0 buddies
Relation You are not Top Dollar's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Mar 2, 2008 - 06:14 PM
I like David Mamet. But not now.
Well, well, after some interesting year and a half, I'm back at writing a term paper...this time about David Mamet and the concepts of violence in Glengarry Glen Ross, American Buffalo and Oleanna. I actually love Mamet's stuff but then, I still have to write a paper of 15 pages....which shouldn't be that hard, considering that the quotes for Buffalo alone cover 7 pages. What pisses me off is that I'll probably have to spent tomorrow almost entirely on transferring the quotes for the remaining dramas and the secondary literature on computer.
Of course, there's a deadline imminent and of course, I procrastinate. Hell, rediscovering my GFF journal after 6 months of hiatus is saying alot.

Hilarity will definitely ensue.

Currently Playing: Rolfe Kent- Dexter Main Title

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #12]

Oct 8, 2007 - 09:06 AM
Free stuff! Emotions of Movies Vol. 2
Something I cooked up some time ago...I still like it. Enjoy! ...and don't ask for Vol. 1, it's utter shit and still exists only for formal reasons.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3BHRJG2I

Code:
Emotions of Movies Vol. 2
---------------------------------------
selected and mixed by Top Dollar

----------
tracklist:
----------

01. 00:00 - 03:43: Inama Nushif (from Children of Dune)
02. 03:44 - 06:25: Pride (from Jin-Roh)
03. 06:26 - 08:10: One Kiss (from Darkness Falls)
04. 08:11 - 09:15: Fragrance Rain (from Jin-Roh)
05. 09:16 - 10:19: Neo Miraculous (from Matrix Reloaded)
06. 10:20 - 13:47: Hand of Fate Part II (from Signs)
07. 13:48 - 16:34: Smile and Smile (from Hana-Bi)
08. 16:35 - 18:39: Radio (from Terminator 3)
09. 18:40 - 21:58: Sea of Blue (from Hana-Bi)
10. 21:59 - 23:51: These Brave Irishmen (from Gods & Generals)
11. 23:52 - 25:34: We're Not Enemies (from American History X)
12. 25:35 - 28:42: Evenstar (from Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)
13. 28:43 - 29:43: Two Brothers (from American History X)
14. 29:44 - 30:31: A New Ending (from Star Trek Nemesis)

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Gamerip

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #11]

Sep 27, 2007 - 09:21 AM
Top Dollar vs. Old People
See, it's not that I have respect for any old person living in my vicinity (well, one half of my grandparents decided in a last desperate attempt of wisdom that it would be a good idea to move 200 kilometers away from here). My other grandma does nothing anymore except for being awfully gross. She has a disgusting method to blow her nose, the result for all to see. My mom has ordered my father to, when they are at a restaurant, not to put my grandma opposite to her. My mom couldn't eat otherwise. On my birthday, I dared to make a decent (and I mean DECENT) plea to her to cut us some slack. I assume I'm disinherited now. And don't get me started on the wart she unveiled at last Sunday's dinner. My mother still has nightmares about it.

So, no respect there. It's not that she's disgusting, there are other reasons for it which I may tell some time down the road. The only old person in my family I had respected was my paternal grandpa who is dead for over two years now. So, no points for the living.

The latest chapter unfolded today, when I had my German-English translation course. Sometime during the first 30 minutes, the door opened and - you guessed right - an old women entered asking if she could participate in class as a senior student. The prof said yes, and she sat down next to me. A side note: Y'know I like to draw during classes, it helps me concentrate when there's nothing else to do. So I was drawing a little bit after I had prepared my translation paper due for today. Then, the first remark: "Is that your translation? (giggling)" I yanked my two sheets and said "No - this and this". From now on I was treated to wise-cracking commentaries about the professor's ramblings every two seconds. But I didn't pay attention to it that much because I was afraid of what would come: group work.
We were translating an article about O.J. Simpson, and my prof named several inappropriate translation possibilities for "African American", y'know, "colored" and that sorta thing. That was when she cut right through the professor's monologue, exclaiming:"...or nigger!" Oooooooooooookay.
As expected, the group work was an ordeal: When I suggested the word "shabby" to translate German "heruntergekommen", she said "no, that's when your clothes are all dirty" and twitched on my clothes. Twitched on my clothes! I. Hate. That. During the rest of the class, she was patting my hands at least twice, saying things like "Well done!" When I looked at her one time, she smiled a smile to me that frightingly reminded me of Misses Kersh from Stephen King's "IT". I felt so stupid! Next thing I expected was her giving me a bottle of milk, an apple and my lunchbox.

I had a brief talk with a female student I like after the class. She suggested: "Maybe, she doesn't have any grandchildren" and I replied "Hell, if she paid 100€ to me every birthday and Christmas, I'd gladly be her grandson!" Considering what may come for the rest of the term, I definitely was at least halfway joking.

Currently Playing: The Cornells '74-'75

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #10]

Sep 26, 2007 - 04:02 PM
A good excuse as any to procrastinate my translation task for tomorrow
Response to: Check out what i found in the Journals today!!! by Helloween

Directions:
1. Put your iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS.

IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
You Know My Name

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
Set Me Free

WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Ancient Pines

HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Catch Me

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
Silhouettes

WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
The Power of Love

WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Ode To My Family

WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Salsbury Hill

WHAT IS 2 + 2?
Statues

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Talk Tonight

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Waiting There For You

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Mad About You

WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
So Cruel

WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Liebesbrief

WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST??
It's Too Late Now

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR??
Way To Fall

WHATS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Seemann

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Winter Blue

Currently Playing: Uhh...

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #9]

Sep 26, 2007 - 03:24 PM
Top Dollar's Fan Film-a-thon #01: Blood-soaked girl loading a Softair gun
Name: Alien: Evolution
Movie it is based on: Aliens
Teaser at: http://www.take12tom.com/alienevolutionmovie.html

Info: Sequel to Alien Influx...which I'll get to another time

The Good: James Horner's original Aliens soundtrack

The Bad: The blood-soaked girl...which makes up for 95% of the running time. And when I say "blood-soaked", I FUCKING mean "blood-soaked". I mean "seven leper freaks went bukkake all over her" blood-soaked. I mean, seriously... This is about fighting xenomorphs that have acid for blood. This amount of RED blood on her can only mean that, by some plot twist, the girl went bozo on her whole platoon and bathed in their guts for about an hour after showering in the blood fountains of their decapitated torsos.

The Ugly: SUCK AT THIS, BITCH!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #8]

Sep 25, 2007 - 11:35 AM
Today, I started writing again...
and it FUCKING ROCKS!

Currently Playing: John Murphy - Sunshine Score

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #7]

Sep 24, 2007 - 06:03 PM
Smokey Bear

That baby bear hobo on the right actually made me feel kinda depressed...

...but the way the rat looks at its burning tail made up for it!

Currently Playing: FF VII - Voices from the Lifestream

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #6]

Sep 24, 2007 - 07:52 AM
My third entry for OCRemix. Whatcha think?
So this is my third entry for OCRemix. Needless to say, the two first ones were rejected. With this one, I am content, mostly for the improved sound quality (Y'know if you make an orchestral remix, it's helpful to know the seating chart of an orchestral). This remixes music from Golden Sun, referred as "The Elemental Stars", being the music you hear in the inner Sol Sanctum.

The original track can be downloaded here (track 81).

The remix can be downloaded here.

So...love it? hate it? What?!?

Currently Playing: Jurassic Park OST - Journey to the Island (best JP track ever)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 comments)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #5]

Sep 20, 2007 - 11:15 AM
A new Metal Gear Solid 4 character unveiled
DREBIN!

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

Sep 19, 2007 - 01:12 PM
Julian Eggenbrecht is so full of it
Well, people've seen those negative reviews of Lair popping all over the internet like mutated mushrooms. Honestly, I can't say if Lair is really that bad because I haven't played it. And if it is, I don't care. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time I enjoyed a game that was universally declared as suckage (I think of Trespasser right now)

WHAT pisses me off is how Factor 5's Julian Eggenbrecht deals with the critical failure of Lair. This goes from blaming supernatural reasons for the troubled development (this is the single most stupid thing I've heard since John Debney (what a coincidence he provided the music for Lair...) said that he had fought the devil while writing the music for The Passion Of Christ); go read here) to stating wrong facts (go read here).

I would probably laughing my ass if it weren't for the reasons that Factor 5 actually produced some kick-ass games, like the second Rogue Squadron game. Well, well, I'll close with a quote from Eggenbrecht several weeks before the release of Lair: "If I had to develop another Star Wars game, I'd shoot myself" Well, better if he had. What I'm referring to? Your Choice.

Currently Playing: Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Top Dollar's Journal